Blind Date

Beautiful Days [Drabble Dump]

"No."

"Siyeon please! I promise you that this time I found the perfect person for you!" Her coworker and dear friend, Gahyeon spoke in a near whine, eyes big.

Siyeon felt her resolution waver for a moment. "No. I’m not interested." She said this every time, yet in the end she always ended up agreeing.

"This is someone I can promise you will fall in love with! She’s perfect for you."

Siyeon sighed. Loudly. "I don’t want to go on another blind date." This would be the 8th date Gahyeon had set her up on.

Honestly Siyeon was lowkey impressed at how many queer women Gahyeon knew.

"But you won’t know until you try." Gahyeon’s lips formed into a pout, her eyes glittery. She was truly pulling out the big guns and the last of Siyeon’s fight dissipated. "You said you wanted a girlfriend. You can't get one if you don't try."

"Fine. But this time prepare the poor woman by telling her I’m definitely not interested." It was a legit problem, how Siyeon wasn’t capable of denying Gahyeon and therefore went on these blind dates only to turn her date down.

You see, Siyeon was head over heels in love with Gahyeon. Had been for as long as they had been friends, and they met three years ago. Siyeon’s heart wast a stubborn little who didn’t know how to let go on a lost cause.

Because Gahyeon never seemed to take any of the hints, which meant she was most likely not interested.

Honestly Gahyeon didn’t seem to be interested in anyone, as she was busy with her veterinary job and the little freetime she had was spent with her family and friends.

"You won’t regret it!" Gahyeon’s eyes were sparkling in excitement, which just deepened the dread in the pit of Siyeon’s stomach. "She’ll be wearing a beret." As Gahyeon said this, she handed Siyeon a note with the name of the cafe and the meeting time. "I have to run back to work now."

Siyeon nodded. Her own lunch time was almost up too and she had adorable furry patients to tend to. Gahyeon grinned widely, looking all too cute, before she walked away.

With a soulful sigh, Siyeon looked down at the note.

Tomorrow 14:00.

Gahyeon knew Siyeon's schedule so of course it didn't conflict with her work.

-

Siyeon had dressed quite normally, just wearing a simple t-shirt, a leather jacket, and some comfortable pants. Meeting at a cafe definitely relieved some clothing pressure.

But it didn’t help much on the dread she felt from having to meet a stranger and then immediately tell her this wouldn’t work.

Breathing in deeply, Siyeon pushed the cafe door open and immediately scanned the area with her eyes.

It wasn’t hard to spot the dark haired girl wearing the beret, sitting with her back turned to the door.

“Let’s get this over with,” Siyeon muttered to herself under her breath, walking over to the table.

“Oh, you’re right on time!”

All words died on her tongue, eyes wide as she tried to process what she was seeing.

The woman in the beret was Gahyeon. The woman whom she was absolutely whipped for.

“Sit down, I already ordered for you.”

Still at a loss for words, Siyeon dropped down on the chair opposite of Gahyeon.

“I’m surprised you even showed, I was sure I was gonna be stood up.” Gahyeon lifted the steaming cup of coffee to her lips, smiling cutely. “You didn’t sound so enthusiastic about going on a date.”

Siyeon made a weird gargled sound deep from . Gahyeon had called it a date.

“Here’s the coffee.” The barista at the small cafe placed a cup in front of a struggling for words Siyeon.

“Thank you.” Gahyeon said in her stead and the barista walked back behind the counter

“If I’d known-“ Finally Siyeon was able to open . “If I had known it was you I wouldn’t have been so reluctant.”

Gahyeon’s eyes widened. “Oh, so Yoohyeon was right. You do like me.” She placed her cup down with a small thud. “I thought maybe she was joking with me, because she knew I was in love with you.”

Once again Siyeon’s brain short circuited as it tried to process the new information; Gahyeon was in love with her? Since when?

“I thought I was pretty obvious,” Siyeon countered, sounding pretty calm despite her shaking hand and fast beating heart.

“Probably, I can be a little dense sometimes,” Gahyeon admitted. “But I thought I was pretty obvious too.”

“How is setting me up on dates being obvious?” If anything it would give the opposite signal.

“I meant, before that,” Gahyeon clarified. “I set you up on dates because you complained that you wanted to have a girlfriend to cuddle with and I wanted to help.”

Siyeon locked eyes with Gahyeon. “I wanted that girlfriend to be you. I even gave you a pointed look when I said that”. The biggest, fattest hint she had dropped and it had been misinterpreted.

“Yeah I see that now,” Gahyeon’s cheeks were dusted with red. “But we can start now right? If you want to go on dates with me, I mean.”

Siyeon gently placed her hand over the one resting on the table, feeling the soft skin with her fingertips. “Definitely.”

Siyeon would have to thank Gahyeon’s best friend later, but for now she would enjoy being on an official date with the woman owning her heart.