Fight For Freedom

Beautiful Days [Drabble Dump]

Fight for Freedom – B.A.P
Shackled to a wall, in a damp cellar, was not what Gahyeon had expected when she had started her day. Her plan was to go to the market in place of her mother, buy what they needed for the week, yet in the forest she had been intercepted.

When the townspeople spoke of the witch living in the forest, Gahyeon had stemmed it as a folk tale and people being too imaginative. Having been face to face with the old witch herself, Gahyeon regretted risking it by taking the shortcut.

Tears streamed down her face, knowing she was never to see her loved ones' faces ever again. And to even think about the pain her parents would be put through was heartbreaking enough. She felt sorry for them and she dearly hoped they'd forgive her for her foolishness. 

“Hey!”

A voice. 

With a tear stained face Gahyeon looked up to the small, barred window. A woman's face was staring back at her. 

“I will get you out of there okay,” the woman said in a whisper. “I just need you to be really noisy, draw the witch down to you. Can you do that?”

Gahyeon nodded. 

She had been told by the witch she would get a gruesome death if she dared to be noisy, but it was the only chance she had.

She had to fight.

Opening , Gahyeon began to scream at the top of her lungs. Seconds trickled by before the basement door slammed open and the ugly witch descended the stairs.

“Didn't I tell you to shut up, child?” She hissed, bony fingers reaching for Gahyeon and grabbing her by her hair. “Shut up!” She pulled, causing Gahyeon to scream out in pain. Her back hit the stone wall half a second later, having been flung against it by the surprisingly strong witch. 

Gahyeon grunted, but had not forgotten the request of the woman and she began screaming again so the witch would not leave.

“Be quiet, stupid child!” 

Just then a sword cut right through the witch's chest. With a haunting howl the witch sank to her knees as the sword was pulled out. 

Behind her stood the woman from before, her face stone cold as she swung her sword and cut off the witch's head. The woman shifted her gaze, smiling widely as she met Gahyeon's eyes. 

“Good thing I decided to go hunting today,” She said in a pleasant and casual tone, as if she was simply speaking of the weather. 

Gahyeon was too awestruck to speak, the events having taken a toll of her. She remained silent as she got released from the shackles and even as the woman supported her weight, helping her to ascend the stairs. 

“You shouldn't be venturing in these woods alone, without any protection,” the woman spoke, breaking the silence. “You're the ideal target for many types of creatures out there.”

So the fairy tales were true. She would listen and respect to the many folk tales after this harrowing event.

“I'll walk with you home. I'm Siyeon by the way and I'm a hunter of sorts.”

“I'm Gahyeon.” It was said in a whisper, but at least she was capable of speaking. 

“Well, Gahyeon, be careful in the future.”

“I understand.”

They exited the forest, the sun already low on the horizon, about to disappear behind the mountains. It was getting late, her parents most likely fraught with worry. 

“Wouldn't want a pretty girl like you to get hurt would we.” Siyeon's voice sounded melodic, as if she was singing. “Here we are.” They stopped in front of the small cottage, Gahyeon's home. “Take care of yourself, pretty Gahyeon.” Siyeon winked and swiftly turned around, walking away before more words could be uttered. 

It was only hours later, after having reassured her parents she was fine and gotten into the warmth of her bed, that Gahyeon finally realised something; how had the hunter known where she lived?