Bullied

SNSD - Royal one-shots

„Move, !“ Jikyeong said, as she pushed me to the wall. I tripper and my shoulder hit the wall hard.

“Uh!” I hissed and stared at her, all angry, while rubbing my shoulder. I gritted my teeth as she and her three friends, also my fellow band mates laughed before they entered our dressing room and closed the door.

I cursed, before I walked to the door, wanting to get ready tfor the performance as well.

I pushed the door, but of course. I should have expected this. The door was locked.

“Stupid es,” I mumbled to myself trying to open the door using strength. But of course, it didn’t move an inch. I could hear them laughing inside. Why are they doing this to me? Because I joined late? Tears of anger started to burn in my eyes, but I was determined not to cry. I turned around and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. In the corner of my eye I spotted somebody watching me. I quickly looked away and smirked. I recognized that girl immediately. Kim Taeyeon. The nation’s fairy, the most famous Korean ballad solo singer. She had a comeback at the same time we had, so we’re pretty much seeing each other on every music show. She was a bit weird to be honest. I caught her several times staring at me when my band mates were bullying me. She always had that slight smile on her baby face; I couldn’t really tell whether she’s having fun watching me suffer or whether she just pities me.

“It’s amusing, isn’t it?” I asked and looked at her.

Her eyes widened a bit and she quickly disappeared in her own dressing room. I smirked again. What a weirdo…

Then I looked back at the door and I tried to open it again. To my surprise, it opened.

“What took you so long? Look at this , now we’re going to be late because of her,” Eunwoo said, while stabbing me with her look.

Then Soyoung looked at me. “Well, I guess she just won’t be able to get her make-up done on time. We can’t lose any more time. It’s your fault though. Now let’s get you some clothes, fany.”

I wanted to scream. I seriously did. And I also wanted to slap the crap out of the three of them. Those stupid have been destroying my life for the past six months already and I knew for sure I won’t be able to bear this much longer. I can’t take this anymore. But I know I can’t really leave. First of all, it would cost me a lot of money. And the company would also kick out my brother, who has nothing to do with this, but he’s a manager of another group from the same company. And I can’t let that happen. But I… What should I do?

I just allowed my band mates to dress me into my clothes. Of course they made sure  I would look bad and messy, but due to our lack of time I had no other choice than going on the stage like this. Where the heck coordinators and stylists are? Seriously, did the girls send them away or something?

It didn’t really matter. The nation’s fairy, Kim Taeyeon, was just about to finish her song and we were supposed to go on the stage next.

There was an MC cut and we were waiting behind the stage for our name to be announced.

“And now it’s time for us to welcome another amazing singer and not just one, but fours amazing singers. Please welcome Blue Sky with their hit song Sleepless Night!”

We walked upstairs and suddenly, somebody hit my back hard, causing me to trip. Luckily, I didn’t fall down. I looked back only to see a wicked amusement in Jikyeong’s eyes. I just stared at her and walked up to the stage to take my position. I smiled as the fans cheered. That was definitely the only thing worth this stupid life. And I was determined to give everything into this stupid performance…

 

 

 

Another week passed and we were back on Mnet Countdown. I spent all the time alone in the dorm. I had the smallest room, but honestly, I didn’t mind. Nobody wanted to share with me. Not complaining though. The other members were going shopping and on trips, while I reading alone in the dorm, since my brother is abroad and no other member from my family is in Korea. We didn’t have any performance until the weekly shows and I also had no individual activities this week.

Right now, I was in our new dressing her, alone, waiting for somebody to come. It’s weird they’ve suddenly decided to change our dressing room, but who cares? The manager told me to wait here. But I’ve started to get a feeling something’s wrong. Did he… lie to me? Manager?

I stood up while inhaling the pleasure scent for the last time. I wanted to leave, but I really like this dressing room. It wasn’t very big, but it just smelled so nice… Suddenly the door opened. I immediately thought it’s a manager or one of my members. Oh how wrong I was.

“Tippani-sshi?” Taeyeon said and looked at me, surprised.

I was really surprised as well. But I suddenly felt happier. She had no idea what she did right now. It’s been weeks since I heard my name for the last time. My band mates call me only a “”, “fany” or “young”, while for the most of the staff I’m just “Hwang”.

 So even though Taeyeon mispronounced it, it made me smile.

“Hello, Taeyeon-sshi,” I bowed.

“What are you doing in my dressing room?”

Hers???

“I… don’t know. I think they sent me to the wrong place,” I said, slowly getting upset again.

“Oh…” she just said. And I slowly realized this is the first time I’m actually talking with her. She’s still weird though. How come Korea loves her so much? She’s so… awkward. “I think I’ve seen the rest of your members in your usual dressing room,” she said then.

I slowly nodded. “Yeah… I figured,” I said with a sad smile. “Thank you,” I bowed again. I felt slightly intoxicated from that lovely scent. Then I left.

“Damn, she smells nice,” I mumbled after a few seconds. Then I realized I said that aloud and blushed. But… But it was true… She did smell nice…

 

 

 

I was happy with my performance tonight. I did great. I personally think I did the best out of the whole group. I couldn’t help but smile while watching our performance in backstage. My vocals were really stable, I didn’t go off tune at all. I danced passionately and lively and I didn’t mess up a single step. Yup. I definitely did great. I looked at my band mates. They faces were very different. Dark and definitely not amused. Eunwoo noticed I was looking at her .

“You see what you did there, fany?” she barked.

I looked at her, confused. “Excuse me?”

“You overdid everything! It looked unnatural!”

I chuckled. I’ve never performed so naturally before.

“No, , I did great. You’re just pissed I did better than all of you altogether. You look like a bunch of lazy asses next to me on stage.”

I didn’t even realize what I was saying. Words just kept escaping my mouth without thinking. I hated them. I really hated them and I wanted to hurt them. I wanted to make them as angry as possible. I didn’t think about consequences.

“What?” Soyoung asked, shaking with anger.

“I am saying you are a bunch of freaking useless ugly es with no talent!”

The next thing I knew was that Jikyeong pushed me hard and I fell down on the floor.

I hissed in pain. That hurt. A lot. My elbow. I looked at it and found out it was badly dislocated. I gasped. The other three members looked shocked as well, but I couldn’t see clearly, so I didn’t really pay attention to their faces that much.

“Oppa! Hwang has fallen down and hurt her arm!” Eunwoo suddenly shouted, breaking the nerve-wrecking silence. The other two girls kept staring at me, looking like they’re gonna pass out or maybe throw up.

The manager oppa immediately rushed into the room and looked at me and my swollen arm.

“You need a doctor. Call the doctor!” he yelled at the rest of my group. After like 10 seconds, Jikyeon finally walked away. She walked painfully slowly though. Seeing I’m not dying, she has probably calmed down already and as usually, she wanted to make me suffer. My elbow hurt like crazy. It wasn’t probably more than just five minutes or so, but the waiting for Mnet’s doctor seemed like a forever to me.

I was about to faint, but then he finally came. He touched my arm and I thought I was gonna die. I remember him saying I need to go to the hospital, but my senses were a bit off.

He and my manager helped to get in the car and soon, I really did end up in the emergency room. Every time they touched me, I felt like dying. I wanted them to cut my hand off, seriously. They fixed my joint and then told me I tore my ligaments badly and that there’s a blood inside. They took it out using a syringe. Then they gave me some pills, saying it should lower the pain. I hazily remember taking them… but then… nothing… I fainted.

 

 

 

When I woke up, I couldn’t tell what time it was. I felt somebody holding my healthy hand, but I couldn’t tell who that person was. Everything was too hazy. I tried to sit up, but my body refused and a pain ran through my entire right arm and torso. My head hurt too, so I gave up and closed my eyes again. I wanted to say something, but I was too drugged. The touch was really nice though. At first I thought it was my brother, but his hands definitely aren’t that soft and petite… Plus he’s probably still abroad. I had no idea how much times passed, but I wouldn’t guess more than a few hours. I frowned and wanted to think about it more, but I fell unconscious again…

 

 

 

When I opened my eyes again, the first thing I noticed was that the hand was gone. Then I realized it was already really dark. Night time. I winked few times, so my eyes would get used to it. I felt better. Much better. I turned around. To my surprise, I could. It still hurt like hell though, but at least my right hand was fixed in a cast, so it helped a bit. I felt thirsty. I looked around, trying to find that button that calls nurses. Soon I found it and pressed it.

Only a minute or so after an elderly nurse rushed into the room and as she opened the doors a dim light entered the area and I realized I’m in this room all by myself. Probably because I’m a celebrity?

“You’re awake, miss Hwang?” she asked me with a smile.

“Yes,” I nodded. My voice sounded even huskier than usually. “I’m thirsty.”

The nurse poured me some water and then helped me drink it. “I need to use restroom,” I said.

“Do you need my help?” the nurse asked.

“Not really, just lead me there.” She held me, so she could help me get up from the bed and then she led me to the restroom. I did what I had to and then returned to the bed.

“I feel… drugged,” I said.

“The pills were too strong for you, so there were some side effects. That feeling should be gone in a few hours.”

I nodded.

“The doctor will come to see you in the morning and I’m sure he will tell you more about your injury. By the way, you’re really lucky to have such a friend, miss,” the nurse suddenly changed the topic.

I looked at her, really confused. “She was here with you until the night; we were scared we would have to carry her out. We had hard time forcing her to go home, but she eventually did.”

“Oh…” I just said, because my mind was blank at the moment.

The nurse smiled at me before she left, leaving me alone and dumbfounded. I looked at the place where that ‘friend’ of mine was sitting before. There was a chair and a blanket. It wasn’t far away, so I slowly sat up and took the blanket.

“Who left you here, huh?” I asked the blanked as if it could actually answer. I noticed it smelled nice. So I sniffed it. “Huh,” I said to myself, wondering. “Where did I smell this before?”

 

 

 

 The following morning the doctor really did visit me.

“Miss Hwang, we assume you had a bad reaction to the pills because you were too tired and the pills were too strong. But don’t worry, you can go home in the evening, Your elbow should be fine too, just avoid picking up heavy things and other activities like that,” he said and I nodded.

“Thank you a lot…” I looked at the elderly nurse. She was with him. It was the one who helped me last night. “Could we… could we talk in private?” I asked.

“Can we, Mr. Lee?” she said and looked at the doctor.

“Sure,” the doctor said after few seconds and left us alone.

“What do you need?” the nurse asked.

“Tell me…” I took a deep breath. “Please tell me more about the girl yesterday. Who was she? How did she look like?” I asked, curious.

“She had a long brown hair, she looked really young and she was quite short. Sorry, I don’t really recall any details. But she was sitting here for many hours.”

“Oh, really?” I said, thinking who could it possibly be. I didn’t really know anybody like that and I couldn’t think of anybody, who would be willing to visit me. “Weird… But thank you,” I smiled at the nurse.

“You’re welcome, miss,” she smiled and left the room.

I was once again alone. My mind was clear and my arm started to hurt more. The painkillers probably stopped working. But the pain was much more bearable than yesterday. I didn’t know what to do, so I just kept thinking about that mysterious girl…

 

 

 

I had to undergo one more check-up that day before they have finally let me go home. Yes, I went home, to my brother’s apartment. I’m not allowed to perform for a week; the doctor said not to overwork myself, because I could faint. Well, honestly, I was glad. I’ve always welcomed a break from the mean girls. I was in the middle of packing my stuffs, when suddenly the elderly nurse entered my room once again.

“Miss,” she whispered.

“What is it?” I asked equally quietly even thought there was nobody around.

“She was here again?”

“What?”

“That girl. She came and asked about you. After she heard you’re awake and about to go home, she just nodded and walked away.”

“So weird,” I mumbled.

The nurse nodded. “It’s like she doesn’t want you to know.”

“But why?”

“I don’t know… But I think I’ve seen her somewhere before. I can’t recall where, she couldn’t be a patient, because I remember every single one from my entire career…She may be a family of one of my patients though. I don’t know, I’m getting old and my memory starts to get me, I’m sorry.”

I smiled at the nurse. “That’s okay, really.”

“Don’t forget to come for a check-up in 4 days,” she reminded me, before she bowed and left the room. I nodded with a smile, took my stuffs and headed home…

 

 

 

Four days passed really quickly and the day of my check-up came. I was hoping they would finally take of that stupid itchy cast and tell me I’m fine. My brother was already back in the country, but he was still busy, so we didn’t really spent much time together. So I was pretty much bored and I had nothing to do. I ended up reading all Twilight books all over again and watching the movies several times.

I was happy on my way to hospital, but I was also upset. If I’m okay, which I probably already am, it means I will have to go back to the dorm soon.

And I seriously couldn’t stop thinking about that mysterious girl. I entered the hospital and looked around. I told a nurse at the reception my name, before I sat down, knowing I have to wait. Then I closed my eyes, relaxing. It was really quiet, only a subdued conversation of a two young nurse could be heard. I didn’t want to eavesdrop, but I could hear them. They chatted about trivial stuffs, complained about work. I wasn’t really paying attention to it.

“Was she here today again?” one of them asked, her voice suddenly really quiet.

“No,” the other one said. I could barely hear them.

“She hasn’t been there since Friday.”

“What a pity I have missed her! I want her autograph!”

“Me too! I wonder who she was visiting thought. That stupid old ahjumma knows but she won’t tell me!”

“… I’ll try to talk to our head nurse… I need to know, hehe. Really, Kim Taeyeon in our hospital and nobody knows why… maybe she wasn’t here for a visit, maybe she has some problem herself?”

I didn’t listen anymore. My eyes shot opened. Kim… Taeyeon? What the… How?

“E-excuse me?” I stuttered and looked at the nurses, but they were too far away and didn’t hear me. I watched them walk away.

“Taeyeon?”

 

 

 

I was lucky. They have taken off that stupid cast. I still couldn’t really move the hand though. The doctor told me it needs some time to fully heal. Well, at least it wasn’t so itchy anymore. While getting my arm checked, I was thinking about Taeyeon. Short, long brown hair, baby face… It fits. It also explains how come the elderly head nurse knows her face. Television, duh. And I also realized where I smelled that scent before. The blanket smelled exactly like Taeyeon’s dressing room. That lovely intoxicating scent… But I had to make sure somehow. What if this is some wicked coincidence? Is it really possible for somebody not to know the nation’s fairy Kim Taeyeon? Maybe the nurse really doesn’t, since she may not be interested in a popular music anymore.

I got lucky once again. I met the nurse in a hallway on my way out.

“Excuse me!” I called her.

“Yes?” she asked, smiling. Her expression was a bit weird, somehow… blank. I wasn’t sure whether she remembers me or not. Then I realized she told me she remembered all of her patients.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” she nodded.

I took out my cell phone and quickly looked up Taeyeon’s picture online.

“Is this the girl who visited me?” I asked and showed her the picture.

She frowned. “I’m not sure… Maybe,” she hesitated. “I swear her hair was brown, not blonde, but yes, she looked the same,” she said eventually.

I breathed all the air out of my lungs. It was Kim Taeyeon. That’s one question solved. But here comes another one. Why?

 

 

 

Another two days passed. I knew I have to return to the dorm already. But I really didn’t want to! I sighed and started to pick my things. I started to realize I don’t want to return anymore. I wanted to give up on my job as a singer. And then there was the other thing that made me confused. Taeyeon. I really wasn’t sure what will happen once we meet again.

I took my bag with my left hand and closed my eyes before heading to the door. I carefully opened the door with my right hand and then kicked it opened. To my surprise, there was a person standing outside the apartment. I was so surprised, I dropped the bag actually. But I didn’t care at that moment.

“T-Taeyeon-sshi,” I breathed out, amazed. “What are you doing here?”

She sadly smiled. “Forcing myself to knock,” she admitted and looked down.

“Oh,” I said, not knowing what to do. “W-why are you… here?” I asked eventually.

She looked at me and blushed. I gulped, nervous. “I came to see you,” she answered.

“How do you know about this place?” Then I realized it’s not really comfortable to question her like that in front of an apartment. “Wanna go inside?” I asked.

She nodded and entered.

“Sit here,” I said and pointed at a couch. Then I sat right next to her.

“Thank you,” she mumbled.

“So how do you know about this place?” I asked again. It really bugged, nobody knew about it.

“I… your brother told me,” she whispered.

“Oppa?” I asked, shocked.

She just nodded.

“O-okay…” I made a mental note to talk with my brother later. “So? Why… are you here?”

“Are you okay?!” she suddenly blurted out loudly, while looking at me with her eyes widened.

“I-I am,” I answered, confused. “I’m fine.”

“For real? Didn’t those es hurt you badly? And what did the doctor say? Is your arm gonna be okay? And where were you going just now? With a bag! You weren’t going back to them, were you? No, you can’t!” she said really quickly, basically in one breath. Then she blushed again.

“E-excuse me?” I just managed to say. I was quite confused. What did she just say?

“You can’t return back,” she repeated more slowly. “I’ve been watching you ever since we’re promoting together and I can’t bear watching you getting hurt all the time. And they really overdid it this time. So I’m here to stop you from going back.”

“But… what am I going to do? And what about my brother?”

“Please, I’m nation’s fairy Kim Taeyeon,” she chuckled. “I’ve already got you job in SM. For you and your brother as well, just in case he got fired. By the way, he knows about it already, I told him.”

“Why?” I sighed.

“Why what?” she raised her eyebrows.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Oh…” her shyness was back and her cheeks turned slightly pink. “I…”

“Well?” I tried to encourage her, so I smiled a bit.

“Well… I… like you,” she said eventually, looking on the floor.

I winked. I kind of expected it, but yeah… I was shocked. I gulped and felt my palms sweating. I didn’t really know how to react, so I was happy when she decided to tell me more.

“No…” she shook her head. “I…love you.”

I gasped. She looked at me with an awkward smile. I took a deep breath to say something, but I couldn’t think of anything. I couldn’t think at all actually.

“T-Taeyeon-sshi,” I stuttered.

“Mhm?” she looked at me, waiting for me to say something.

“I… won’t return to my company,” I said then.

She smiled, obviously happy. “Thank you, Tippani-sshi.”

“No… thank you,” I said. She obviously didn’t want me to confess or anything. That was really nice of her. I really didn’t know what to answer right now.

She looked content with my reply. We were staring into each other’s eyes, not saying anything, just smiling. Then, before I knew it, she hugged me.

I was taken aback at first, but soon I hugged her back. It felt nice. I could smell that nice scent once again. This girl… she helped me a lot. I felt thankful. I wanted to cry, but I was determined not to. I winked and pulled away.

“So? Are you coming with me into SM?”

“I don’t know if I can,” I said huskily.

“Of course you can,” Taeyeon said.

“Did you blackmailed them?” I laughed.

“No, not at all. I just made a request. You’re the most talented in your group, our CEO would be stupid if he didn’t accept you. You’re determined and dedicated. Not to mention you’re absolutely beautiful,” she said.

I smiled. “Thank you,” I said again. I didn’t know how to express myself with words.

“Nah, you don’t need to thank me,” she said, shrugging it off. “I’m happy that you’re happy.”

I wanted to express my feelings, but no appropriate words came to my mind. So… I have no idea where the heck did it come from, I kissed her.

 She was shocked. I could tell even though I had my eyes closed, so I didn’t see her expression. I didn’t move as well, I just pressed my lips on hers. After her stiffness faded away a bit, I carefully on her lower lip and started to kiss her properly. I peeked and smiled against her lips when I found out her eyes were closed. And then I felt her slight response. My heart was beating fast. This felt nice. I put my hands around her neck and pulled her closer. My right hand wasn’t completely healthy yet, but I could do that. She trembled, but didn’t resist. I felt her caressing my lower back. The kiss wasn’t really passionate. I was quite slow and longing. By the way, her lips tasted amazing. It was even more intoxicating then her scent. Wait… Do I love her?

I pulled away after we ran out of oxygen. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. Her cheeks were flushed. Well, I’m pretty much sure my cheeks were flushed as well.

“P-Pany-yah…” she whispered, putting aside all the honorifics. I smiled. It felt so nice.

“Mhm, Taeyeon-ah?” I responded, dropping the honorifics as well. She looked confused.

“W-what…?”

I wasn’t sure what she’s trying to say. Well, she seemed like she’s not sure herself. So I just shrugged. “Do we have to think about it?”

She slowly shook her head. “We… don’t. I… think.”

“Oh, come on… What did I just say? Let’s not think.”

“O-okay…”

“Let’s just…” This time I was the one who didn’t finish a sentence. Well, I didn’t finish it with words. I just kissed her again…

 

 

 

Four weeks later

“We made it!” Taeyeon jumped out of joy and hugged me.

“Not here,” I said and gently pushed her away. We were in the middle of the hallways inside the SM Entertainment.

“Why not, it’s just a hug. Plus, I’m happy, we got the duet together!”

I smiled. I was happy too. After I left my original company, there was a fuss for a while, but then it calmed down. I joined SM and I became a trainee again. But just now Taeyeon, my girlfriend by the way, talked to our CEO and he has decided to let us sing a duet together before my official debut as a solo artist. To my surprise, my brother remained as a manager of the company. To be honest, I gotta feeling that Taeyeon forced SM to pay my old company A LOT of money, so they wouldn’t cause any troubles to me. They let me go a little bit too calmly. It only made me feel more thankful.

I looked around. There was nobody around, so I quickly pecked her lips. “I’m so lucky,” I said.

“Yes, you are.”

“Tiffany unnie!” Sulli from f(x) appeared out of nowhere.

“Sulli-yah, what is it?” I asked with a smile. I loved her just like I loved every single person in this company. It was so nice to hear my name once again from my co-workers.

“Here, read this,” she said and passed me a piece of newspaper.

I’ve stared at the page she showed me. There was a picture of my ex band mates. The headline said: ‘Blue Sky’s popularity is rapidly going down after Tiffany’s departure; the band is on the verge of breaking up’.

“Huh?” I looked at Sulli and then at Taeyeon who was staring at the article as well.

“Just read it, unnie,” Sulli said.

I stared at the article, but the letters seemed blurred. Suddenly I heard Taeyeon’s voice as she started to read aloud: “After the departure of their main vocalist, Tiffany Hwang, rumors started to spread. Unfortunately, the rumors aren't really flattering Blue Sky’s cute image. After some of the fans started to pile up proves, that Blue Sky’s members were intentionally pushing Tiffany out of the group and even physically hurting her, the group’s popularity decreased overnight. Their biggest online fan cafes have shut down and even some televisions banned them from their shows. The CEO of the company refuses to-“

“Don’t.”

Taeyeon stopped reading. “Excuse me?”

“Don’t read it anymore,” I said.

“Why?”

“I don’t wanna know,” I tried to explain it. “I don’t want to know what my ex members are doing and I don’t want to know what is going to happen with the group. And I don’t want to know all those lies the CEO said. That’s why I didn’t read any newspaper or online articles for the entire month.”

“I don’t… understand,” Sulli said.

I realized she’s still there. “Well… I worked on the group as well. I wanted to make that group better. I don’t wanna know all the work was good for nothing.”

“It was not fo-“

“And I also don’t want to know how much we must have disappointed our fans,” I added, interrupting Taeyeon’s protest.

“O-okay… But you’re not the one at fault,” she said then.

I nodded. “Maybe. But maybe I am. It’s too late now,” I said.

“New beginning,” Taeyeon smiled and took my hand.

“New beginning,” I agreed and smiled back. I felt her squeezing my hand a bit tighter.

Sulli coughed. “I’ll better be going,” she said and abruptly left, obviously a little bit creeped out by our behavior.

We were left alone again.

“So, duet, huh?” I said. “Can we write something ourselves?”

“Sure, but we can’t make it too… obvious, if you know what I mean.”

“I know what you mean,” I nodded. “But that’s exactly what I want to do.”

“Huh?” Taeyeon looked surprised.

“I want the whole world to know that I love you. Because I do,” I said, before I kissed her on the lips…

 

 

 

A/N: No need to explain what inspired me, right? I know I said the next fic will be YulSic, but I'm still working on it. It should be the next one, really. I just suddenly got this idea from the whole T-ara controversy. I'm not saying that there was bullying or not (honestly, I don't know what to think about this whole situation), let's just say the drama and rumors inspired me. ^^