Fire

SNSD - Royal one-shots

„ this!“ Yoona sworn as kicked the wall.

„Calm down babe…. This is just for a month. You will get your position back soon,” her boyfriend Siwon said, trying to calm her down.

“Yeah? Then why is Yunho hiring a new fireman?”

“Well… With Sungmin getting fired and you being suspended there’s nobody who could do the night shifts. By the way… the newbie is a girl.”

“Even better,” Yoona said ironically. “I’m gonna live with her here if she’s taking the night shifts…”

“I told you already. You can move over to my place,” Siwon offered for the nth time.

“I know I can and thank you for that,” Yoona said with a smile. “But I don’t want to push our relationship that far yet.”

“Okay,” he sighed. “I’ll go home now, so… good night, see you tomorrow. Take care, love,” he said with a charming smile before he briefly kissed her and left…

 

Yoona was lying on her small bed. She didn’t even have a night shift, but she lived there, on the fire station. She had lived with her sister before. That was until she got a girlfriend. Yuri told Yoona to stay, but Yoona refused. Jessica was a good kid, no doubt, but Yoona felt awkward there. She couldn’t stand their never ending making out. Her boss, Yunho, allowed her to sleepover at  the fire station, so she took some of her stuff and although Yuri and also Siwon weren’t happy about it, she temporarily moved here, until she finds some other place to live at. It wasn’t that bad to live there. And first of all, it was for free. She was quite short on money, so finding a new place was harder than it looked like. She was thinking about her life until she fell asleep…

 

The next day she woke up early. As expected, nothing happened that night. Being a fireman in a small city is a really boring job. She checked the clock. Siwon should be here soon. And also Yunho with the new girl.

Siwon arrived first. He smiled as his girlfriend as soon as he spotted her and kissed her on the lips to greet her.

“Good morning, darling,” he said when he pulled away.

“Mhmmmm,” Yoona mumbled, not satisfied with the short kiss.

Siwon smiled and kissed her again, this time more deeply.

Yoona put her hands around his neck and pulled him closer.

They were kissing for a while when a sound of the door opening interrupted them. They pulled away and looked at the two people who were staring at them. Yunho and a really pretty tall girl. She really was tall, even taller than Yoona and she really was pretty. She would make a good rival to Yoona’s beauty. Yoona didn’t like that.

Yoona was not amused and the girl looked a bit awkward, but smiling.

“Seohyun-sshi, meet your co-workers, Yoona and Siwon. Yoona, Siwon, this is your new colleague Seohyun. And now explain why were you making out during your working hours,” he said angrily.

“Sorry, won’t happen again,” Siwon apologized and Yoona nodded.

“Yeah, it won’t. Anyways, nice to meet you, Seohyun-sshi,” Yoona smiled and offered her hand. Seohyun accepted.

“Seohyun-sshi will be staying here the whole day and the whole night. During the day I will show her everything around and at night, she will have her first shift. So Yoona, take care of her,” Yunho said and Yoona bowed her head.

“Sure, we will have fun.”

“No fun Yoona. Just because you’re suspended right now doesn’t mean you’re not at work.”

“Okay, okay,” she laughed. “I’m gonna get some breakfast now, okay?” she said as she grabbed her jacket, smiled at Seohyun once again, pecked Siwon’s lips and left.

 

Yoona returned to the fire station in the early afternoon. Siwon wasn’t around anymore, just Yunho and Seohyun.

Yunho was still showing her everything, so Yoona just went upstairs to her temporal bedroom. It was a room for night shifters. There was a bed, a table and a wardrobe. There was also a hole in the floor and a bar in it. That’s in case there was an emergency, so they would be downstairs faster than if they used the staircase.

Yoona lay on the bed and took a book. She had nothing to do that day. She lost the track of time soon and didn’t even notice when Yunho left.

“Hi,” Seohyun greeted her with a smile when she spotted reading Yoona.

“Oh, Yunho’s gone already?”

“Yep.”

Yoona sat up. “Mhm, I’ll let you sleep on the bed.”

Seohyun looked surprised. “I shouldn’t sleep at work.”

“Please, you’re in a village with population not even 800, how often do you think something happens here? There’s a reason why we have only four firemen.”

“I heard you lived here,” Seohyun said as she sat right next to Yoona.

“Yup,” Yoona nodded. “I kind of do, but it’s only temporal.”

“You don’t have a place to live?”

“Well, I had my reason why I moved from my sister’s place.”

“What about your… boyfriend?” Seohyun asked carefully.

Yoona noticed her change of tone and frowned a bit. Maybe it meant nothing though, so she just answered.

“I don’t wanna push our relationship that far, we’ve been dating just for a few weeks.”

“Ah… I see,” Seohyun breathed out.

Yoona was pretty sure that the new girl had much more questions than this, but she wasn’t in a mood of talking about Siwon with her and since Seohyun didn’t ask anything herself anymore, she just didn’t continue the topic. Seohyun was a bit weird. But she was really pretty. Yoona knew how to appreciate a real natural beauty. And she could tell Seohyun was really charming. Let’s just see if she’s capable too.

“Where are you from?” she asked.

“Seoul.”

“Oh really? Then how the hell did you end up here?” Yoona asked, raising her eyebrows in surprise.

“My grandfather lives here. He’s really ill, somebody has to take care of him and nobody from my family can, so I volunteered.”

“I see…” Yoona mumbled. “Are you dating somebody?” she asked then suddenly.

“No,” Seohyun answered shaking her head.

“And… you like somebody?” Yoona then asked, faking a mischievous smirk. She acted like it was a normal thing to ask, but it fact, she was suspicious about Seohyun’s behavior around Siwon.

Seohyun visibly blushed and it made Yoona feel uneasy. “Maybe,” she whispered almost inaudibly.

Yoona snorted a bit, but Seohyun didn’t seem to notice. “You’re sleeping on the floor,” she just said and positioned herself, so her back was facing the rookie girl.

Seohyun just sighed…

 

In the morning, Siwon came to take the day shift. Seohyun and Yoona were up, sitting on the bench in front of the station, sipping morning coffee Yoona had made.

Yoona’s eyes sparkled as she spotted him and Seohyun frowned when she saw it. Yoona didn’t notice. She glanced at Seohyun before putting the cup of coffee away and hugged Siwon before kissing him passionately. Seohyun looked away. Yoona pulled away with a smirk.

“Hey babe, we’re having a shift together?” she asked seductively.

Siwon his lips and nodded. “Looks like it.”

Then he looked at Seohyun and smiled. Seohyun was… glaring. At him. Yoona frowned. Something was a bit off. Then Seohyun’s expression changed. “Hello,” she greeted warmly.

“You can go,” he smiled. His smile was kind… a little bit too kind maybe.

Seohyun nodded. “Thank you,” she said, before she went to the back to change her clothes and then used the back door to leave…

 

“I think the new girl is into you,” Yoona complained, pouting. “I don’t like it.”

“Oh really?” Siwon asked, raising his eyebrows.

Yoona nodded.

“I see... Well... you don’t need to worry, babe,” he smiled charmingly. “I have just you and nobody else,” he said.

Yoona smiled and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. They weren’t that far in their relationship to have , their relationship was quite innocent so far, but Yoona felt a burning desire to show Seohyun, that Siwon is hers.

On the other hand, there was something about the girl that was bugging her. Something wasn’t right. And she wasn’t sure if it’s her or the girl. Or maybe… both of them?

“I’m going to the dentist’s tomorrow in the morning, so I guess Seohyun will wait here with you until I’m back… So… Don’t let her seduce you, okay? I think she could be pretty wicked and sly, she seems like an angel on the outside, but she sure is smart… So be careful,” Yoona warned.

Siwon’s cell phone beeped. He took a look at the display. “Ahh…”

“Who is it?” Yoona asked.

“Ahh…. It’s… nobody…”

Yoona frowned a bit, still giving Siwon the questioning look.

“It’s Heechul,” he smiled. “And I will be careful, don’t worry…”

 

Yoona had a great time with Siwon over the day and nothing special happened at night with Seohyun as well. But in the morning, when she was over at the dentist’s she had this weird feeling about leaving these two alone there.

What if Siwon does something to her?

Her eyes immediately in a complete shock. Why would that thought cross her mind? Siwon is a nice, caring man, who can be trusted.

She shook her head. Something was… very wrong… ever since Seohyun joined them, something was off. But what?

 

“So, I heard from Yoong the night was peaceful,” Siwon started the conversation. They were sitting on a couch, drinking some energy drink.

“Yeah, it was,” Seohyun nodded and forced a smile.

Suddenly his phone beeped. He took it out of his pocket and quickly positioned himself the way Seohyun couldn’t see anything. But she still managed to see the name on the display. It said “Sohee~♥”.

 Seohyun frowned and looked at Siwon confused. “Who’s that?”

He looked at her. “Uhm, sister?” he answered.

Seohyun shook her head slowly. “Are you… cheating on Yoona?” she asked carefully.

Siwon sighed. “Look, babe, the thing is…”

“Don’t call me babe!” Seohyun said and abruptly stood up.

“Oh come on… Yoona told me you liked me.”

“What?”

“Oh, don’t be so surprised, you know you do, even I noticed the way you look at us when we are together… you are jealous,” he smirked.

“…am I?” Seohyun wondered. She was slowly realizing that she can pretty much be jealous indeed. But because of Siwon? Hell no. It’s just… Seohyun disliked him with Yoona. She could see something in his eyes whenever he wasn’t looking at Yoona. It was… Seohyun could see he was a first class liar. And Yoona fell for it, completely. And Seohyun hated it. Yes, she indeed was jealous. But… Yoona was the person she liked, not Siwon.

She breathed out and Siwon stood up as well.

“Okay, so I’m maybe not so faithful to Yoona but come on, I’m a young and handsome man with needs. And she… is not enough, she is too… reserved. I like her, it’s just… I need to have from time to time too. She’s gonna die with that attitude of hers.”

Seohyun felt a bit of a relief. So they haven’t slept together yet.

“Maybe you could help me out a bit, what do you think? You’re pretty enough,” he smirked and touched her chin as he leaned in to kiss her.

“Ew! NO!” she yelled and immediately slapped his hand away. She grabbed her purse and quickly ran away before he could do something more and she was boiling with anger, she needs to calm herself down…

 

“What happened here, where’s Seohyun? She was supposed to wait here,” was the first thing Yoona said when she returned from the dentist.

“You were right,” Siwon breathed out. “She really is into me… I refused her and we had a huge fight… She ran away, I’m sorry,” he said and quickly hugged her.

Yoona hugged him back, but that weird feeling was still there. Something was very very wrong… she made a mental note not to judge and ask Seohyun about it at night. Siwon told her the entire story… but well… that was his version… and something was telling Yoona she should be careful this time and no matter how much she wanted, she just couldn’t fully trust Siwon’s story and get mad at Seohyun. So they just hugged and spent their shift as usually.

 

“Oppa,” Yoona breathed out, surprised, when Yunho showed up suddenly, shortly after Siwon left. “Shouldn’t Seohyun come for the shift tonight?”

“Well, she was supposed to,” Yunho shrugged. “But she called me saying she’s quitting. I can’t really stop her, she was crying, she said it’s something personal… I’m thinking maybe the grandfather she was taking care of here died? But god knows. She wasn’t permanent employee yet, I don’t have any right to know her reason.”

Yoona pouted, thinking. “O-oppa…” she looked at Yunho.

“Yes?”

*Beep beep*

“Aren’t you… gonna read that?” he asked after a few seconds of silence.

“That wasn’t my phone,” Yoona said. She looked the direction where the sound came form. “Oh, that’s Siwon oppa’s, he must have left his phone here…” she said as she reached it.

It was a text from somebody named Sohee~♥.

Yoona’s eyes widened a bit and she felt a weird pain on her chest. She knew she shouldn’t, but she opened the text to read it.

 

CU 2night, tiger~ kiss&hug, cnt w8!

 

She took a deep breath. “Oppa?” she looked up at Yunho. She wasn’t sure if she was angry or not, but her voice got scary tone.

“What is it?” he asked, frowning, noticing the sudden change of the mood.

“I know you probably shouldn’t, but… where Seohyun lives? Can you give me her address?”

Yunho shook his head. “I don’t think I can do that.”

“Please?” Yoona begged, looking at him with her huge doe-like eyes.

Yunho sighed. “Okay, but… okay, whatever,” he said as he disappeared in his office.

Yoona just kept inhaling and exhaling deeply, her eyes closed. She was trying to understand herself, but she was failing. Why isn’t she sad that her boyfriend is cheating on her? Why is she thinking about… that girl? Why not about Siwon? What had he done to her? She gulped and when Yunho returned with Seohyun’s resume, she just took it from his hand without even asking for a permission.

“Can you handle it here for a while alone?”

“O-okay, I guess,” he said, but Yoona was already far away.

 

Seohyun was walking back and forth in the alley next to her grandfather’s house. It was a really nice place to walk. Trees, no people around… But it was getting darker and colder, so she was slowly on her way back into the house. She stopped crying a few hours ago. But she was still very upset. Her chest was aching and she didn’t see any reasonable explanation why.

She saw a dark silhouette in front of her. It was a girl with long hair, just standing there, waiting. And Seohyun was step by step getting closer. She soon stopped looking at the girl, seeing she wasn’t moving and was just about to pass around her, but then the girl grabbed her wrist. Seohyun’s heart skip a beat in the sudden shock.

“Seohyun-ah.”

Seohyun froze on the spot as she immediately recognized the voice.

“Y-Yoona-sshi…” she whispered and looked at the other girl. Yoona was staring at her intensively.

“What happened today?” she asked quietly, still holding Yoona’s hand.

“I… don’t wanna talk about it.”

“Siwon and I… we are over. So you can tell me.”

“He-he’s cheating on you,” Seohyun said.

Yoona chuckled. “I know… and I don’t even care,” she said bitterly. “But I want to know… did he hurt you?” she asked, her voice suddenly soft. She touched Seohyun’s cheek.

“W-why do you care?” Seohyun stuttered, blushing at the sudden contact.

“I don’t know, something feels really weird… I… I thought you liked Siwon actually,” Yoona said.

“What?” Seohyun wondered aloud, looking puzzled. “No, I never did, why would you think so?”

“Well… you seemed jealous and I was afraid you might steal him from me, since I always kind of knew he was a cheating type. So I was… acting a bit possessive when you were around… Those passionate kisses… I don’t do that.”

“Yeah… I think I was jealous…” Seohyun said slowly, her cheeks turning even redder. “… but I was jealous of him… that he could date you…” she admitted.

“Oh…” Yoona just said.

“How did you find me anyways?” Seohyun asked, quickly changing the topic.

“Yunho oppa gave me your address and then your grandpa told me you go here when you are upset,” Yoona explained. “But don’t try to change the topic. You… like me?”

Seohyun shyly smiled. “I think so.”

Yoona smiled too and slid her hand from Seohyun’s cheek to her shoulder. She then leaned in and gently pecked Seohyun’s lips.

Seohyun seemed really surprised.

“Well, I like you too,” Yoona confessed. “Don’t you wanna reconsider your resignation?”

Seohyun shook her head. “No, sorry, but no.”

Yoona sighed. “Okay… I will probably quit as well, I don’t wanna meet Siwon everyday.”

“Well… I was talking with grandpa and he is willing to move to Seoul… and they are lacking firemen too… so… maybe you could move with us?” Seohyun suggested. “No strings attached,” she added quickly.

Yoona smiled at the taller girl and used her other hand to held Seohyun’s. “I would be more than glad.”

They both smiled.

“Mind if I again…?” Yoona didn’t finish, she just stared at Seohyun’s lips.

Seohyun chuckled. “Feel free.”

And their lips met again…

 

 

A/N: Guysss, it's been a while, hasn't it, kkk, I'm soooooo sorry for not uploading anything earlier, but.... okay, there is no but, I was simply lazy to finish this. Ahem. I've been writing this for almost a year -.-" I'm sorry it's not even good....

My only excuse (but I think it's a good one :D) is that I've been focusing on my on-going fics, so... no time for one-shots...

And the most important thing is I actually finished this, no? No? *okay* xDDD

Hope you liked this at least a little bit and see you.... sometime.

Thanks for reading!! Love you!!