Scarred Soul

SNSD - Royal one-shots

 

The whole building was on fire. Everything was a huge mess. Chaos everywhere, everybody was screaming, trying to run away from the hotel. A little girl was sitting on the floor in her room, hugging her knees and crying. Flames were surrounding her from everywhere. She was scared to death; she really believed she’s going to die here. She sobbed and took a deep breath. She immediately started to cough as the smoke filled her small lungs. She closed her eyes, knowing it’s over. Then she fell unconscious…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

18 years later

 

“Miss Jung! You have a guest!”

A really beautiful young woman with a white skin and long blonde hair stood up from her chair. “Who is it Narsha?” she asked her secretary.

“It’s miss Kwon from Hotel Imperial.”

“Tell her to come in.”

Soon, another very beautiful woman entered the office. But she looked different. A lot different. She was tall, dark and handsome.

“Miss Jung? Nice to meet you. My name is Kwon Yuri, director of Hotel Imperial,” the woman said as she extended her arm.

“Jessica Jung,” the blonde one said and held her hand. “Please sit down,” she said with a smile on her face. “What brings you to my hotel?”

“Uhmm… I’m a bit uncomfortable with this whole situation, but I don’t see any other option,” Yuri started with a sulky expression on her face.

“What is it?” Jessica asked, still smiling.

Yuri slowly started. “I am in a bad financial situation. Very very very bad. I’m being forced to sell my hotel.”

Jessica slowly nodded. “I see. It must really be uncomfortable for you, but what does this have to do with me?”

Yuri took a deep breath. “I would like you to buy my hotel,” she said so quickly Jessica had troubles to understand her. Even though she was Korean, she spoke better English than Korean.

“Ex…cuse me?” she asked, just because she wanted to make sure.

“I want you to buy my hotel,” Yuri repeated slowly.

Awkward silence filled the room.

Jessica kept staring at Yuri, surprised and Yuri was just waiting for a reply.

“W-why would I do that?” Jessica finally asked.

“Uh… There are already a few rich people going after my hotel. They know about my situation. Unfortunately. And they want my hotel for bad reasons. I’m pretty sure one of them even wants to demolish it. And I don’t want that, I am emotionally attached to that hotel,” Yuri explained.

“What makes you sure I won’t do the same thing?” Jessica asked, raising her eyebrows.

“You have no reason,” Yuri shrugged.

“True. But still… there are many hoteliers in the city. Why me?”

“You have no reason to do any harm to my hotel, plus it’s financially beneficial for you and you take a good care of your hotel. I believe you would take a good care of my hotel too.”

Jessica slowly nodded, obviously considering the offer.

“I see your point… I think I could help you…”

“Really?” Yuri smiled brightly. “You have no idea hot thankful I am! I’ll pay you back every single coin, I promise.”

“Sure you will.”

 

 

Few weeks passed and Jessica was already owning Yuri’s hotel. They were regularly meeting once a week, just to discuss everything about the hotel and other stuffs. And they became friends.

It was just another time Yuri and Jessica were in a restaurant, eating together. There was something odd that evening though. Yuri was acting a bit weird that night. And Jessica noticed.

“What’s wrong with you, Yuri-yah?” she asked, worried.

“Nothing much…” Yuri mumbled and stabbed her chopstick into a meat.

“Oh come on… Why aren’t you eating? I just told you everything’s going fine and I’m going to return the hotel to you as soon as possible.”

“It’s… I’m so damn thankful…” Yuri whispered, staring into her plate.

Jessica chuckled. “I know… You keep telling me all the time.”

Yuri sighed. “You’re such an amazing person… You’re smart, young, rich, generous, honest, not to mention you are incredibly beautiful,” Yuri said. “You’re simply perfect.”

Jessica smiled, sheepishly. “I’m not.”

“Yes you are…” Yuri insisted. “I don’t understand how come you don’t have a boyfriend yet.”

Jessica blushed and stared at the food.

“You’ve… dated before, haven’t you?” Yuri asked, carefully.

“I… have,” Jessica said almost inaudibly.

“What a stupid guy that he let you go,” Yuri laughed.

Jessica just continued to stare on her plate.

“What’s wrong with you?” Yuri asked, worried.

“Huh? Oh, nothing,” Jessica smiled, before she started to eat again.

 

 

Later that evening, Yuri drove Jessica home as usually. They didn’t talk much. Yuri was thinking about that thing Jessica said during the dinner and how sad she looked.

When Jessica got off the car, Yuri did as well.

“Why are you going with me?” Jessica asked, confused.

“Just…” Yuri followed the girl to the house.

“Why?” Jessica asked and looked intoYuri’s eyes.

“How can you think you’re not perfect enough?” Yuri asked. Disbelieve was obvious in her voice.

Jessica laughed. “I don’t think I’m not perfect enough. I know I’m not perfect as all… At all,” she sighed.

“That ain’t true,” Yuri gritted her teeth. “You’re perfect in my eyes.”

“I-I am?” Jessica stuttered.

“Yes, you are,” Yuri whispered really quietly but firmly with her cheeks slightly pink.

“You’re wrong. I’m not,” Jessica opposed, shaking her head.

Yuri took a step forward and leaned in. “Yes you are,” she said and before Jessica could protest, she sealed her lips with hers. Jessica subconsciously closed her eyes and kissed Yuri back. The kiss was gentle; their lips were slightly brushing against each other. But then Jessica realized what’s going on. She quickly pushed Yuri away.

“Don’t…” she mumbled.

“Why?” Yuri asked a bit breathlessly.

“Just… don’t.” Jessica turned around and entered her house leaving Yuri standing there, dumbfounded.

 

 

Yuri tried to call Jessica over and over again, but the latter just wouldn’t answer. On the fifth day she couldn’t take it anymore and she went to see her to her house. She pressed the doorbell and her heart literally skipped a beat when the door opened. To her disappointment it wasn’t Jessica who opened the door. Yuri assumed it’s Jessica’s maid. That lady was around 50 years old and she was Caucasian.

“What can I do for you, miss?” she asked in a bit broken Korean. Not that she spoke badly, but the accent was obvious.

“Is miss Jung inside? I’m her business partner and I need to talk to her about the hotel.”

Yuri felt quite uncomfortable with the look the maid was giving her. She felt like her eyes are x-rays examining her from head to toe.

“Come inside,” she said eventually, probably after assuming that tall dark girl isn’t dangerous.

Yuri entered the magnificent and luxurious house and waited in the living room as the maid ran upstairs to notify Jessica. Few minutes passed.

“It’s you?!” Jessica’s voice echoed from behind.

Yuri quickly turned around. “Jessica…”

Jessica just looked at her maid and told her something in English. It came out quite harshly. The maid replied also in English and she seemed to be upset. Jessica seemed to be really angry though. They fought for a minute or so, before the maid walked away.

“What… is going on?” Yuri asked, confused.

“What do you want, Kwon Yuri? Go away.” Jessica barked.

“I…” Yuri took several steps forward. “I wanna prove you you’re perfect.”

Jessica just stood there, not saying anything.

“Because you are,” Yuri took another step forward and put her hand on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica took a step backwards, but Yuri pulled her back and kissed her on the lips.

Jessica jerked backwards again, wanting to pull away, but Yuri held her too tightly, so she was forced to give up. Jessica was determined not to kiss her back, but she failed terribly. Those lips tasted too awesome to not to be . She closed her eyes and on Yuri’s lips. When Yuri her lower lip, she opened immediately, letting Yuri’s tongue to explore the soft walls of . She felt Yuri’s hand caressing her back and pulling her closer. That was when she realized her actions. She quickly pushed Yuri away.

“Yuri!” she shrieked.

“Jessica…” Yuri whispered. “Why are you fighting with your feelings so much?”

“I’m not… Please leave…” Jessica turned around so Yuri couldn’t see her face.

“Jessica…” she repeated softly.

“Just leave,” Jessica said and left upstairs.

Yuri sighed and wanted to leave too, but then a heavily accented voice stopped her.

“Wait!”

Yuri looked at the person. It was the maid. “Yes?”

“Please don’t let Jessica run away from you.”

Yuri raised her eyebrows. “Excuse me?”

“I didn’t me to eavesdrop, but I overheard your conversation. Don’t let Jessica push you away,” the maid said, her expression completely serious.

“Do you know why she tries to do so?” Yuri frowned.

“Too many bad things happened to her in the past.”

“Really?” Yuri couldn’t really see how Jessica could be unhappy.

But the maid nodded. “I’ve been taking care of her ever since her parents died in a fire almost 20 years ago.”

“They… did?” Yuri asked, shocked. Then she realized Jessica had never mentioned her parents or her family.

The maid nodded again. “And the last person she was ever close to hurt her terribly.”

“What? Who?” Yuri asked, enraged. “I’m gonna kill that person!”

“It’s not important who it was… But please, miss… It you care about her, if you love her, then don’t ever let her down and don’t ever let her go.”

Yuri nodded as she headed to the door. “Can you tell me more some other time?”

“Come anytime,” the maid said.

“I’ll be back…”

 

 

Three or four days passed. Yuri wasn’t sure whether she should visit Jessica or not. Then suddenly, her mobile phone rang. It was an unknown number, but she picked up anyways.

“Yeobeoseyo?”

“Miss Kwon?” an accented voice asked.

“Yes. You’re…?”

“Yes. It’s Jessica’s nanny.”

Nanny… sounds cute, Yuri thought.

“Where did you get my number?”

“It was in the phone book. It wasn’t hard to find Kwon Yuri, the hotelier, there.”

“Uh, I see… how is she?”

“She’s gone to the States for two days. Can we meet?”

“What time should I come?”

 

 

Thirty minutes later, Yuri was standing in front of Jessica’s house.

And another two minutes later she was sitting in Jessica’s living room with Jessica’s…. nanny.

“Here, miss Kwon,” the nanny gave Yuri a cup of tea.

“Call me Yuri,” Yuri smiled. “Thank you. So… what do you have to tell me?”

The nanny sighed. “Jessica… she has been through a lot in her life.”

“Really?”

“Yes… the hotel she owns now… it belonged to her parents. They used to have two hotels, so they were really busy and I was taking care of their children. But one hotel burnt down. It’s almost 20 years ago. The fire was really huge and Jessica, her parents and her new-born sister were there at the moment. Her parents both died…”

“For real?” Yuri asked, shocked.

The nanny nodded. “Jessica was injured badly, but she survived. So did her little sister.”

“I didn’t know she has a sister.”

“She got adopted… I couldn’t get a foster care for such a small baby like I could with Jessica.”

“Ohh… I see…” Yuri nodded.

“Well, Jessica grew up well. But she was kind of unable to… date. She has no self-confidence.”

Yuri nodded. “I’ve noticed. But I don’t understand why. She smart, nice, rich, beautiful, so why?”

“What does she usually wear?” the nanny asked.

Yuri frowned as she thought about it. “Elegant clothes. Mostly suits,” she shrugged.

“Have you ever seen her sleeveless?”

Yuri shook her head. “Nope. Never. Why?”

“Remember how I mentioned Jessica got badly injured by the fire?”

Yuri slowly nodded.

“Well she still has scars on her hands and all over her back.”

Yuri didn’t say anything. She felt really sorry for Jessica.

“She had a boyfriend. It was the first time I’ve seen her happy with somebody. They were dating, their love seemed to be pure and innocent. But then he found out about the scars.”

“Oh he didn’t,” Yuri gritted her teeth.

“Yes, he did,” the nanny said. “Once he found out, he dumped her because of that.”

“What a bastard…”

“I can’t disagree. He hurt her so much… And since then, she’s avoiding like everybody. Yuri, I beg you.” The nanny grabbed Yuri’s left hand. “Don’t let her run away again.”

Yuri slowly nodded.

“You said she’s coming back tomorrow?”

 

 

Jessica entered the house. “Janice, I’m home!” she announced loudly as she took of her coat. It was already dark, but it wasn’t even ten o’clock already, so she assumed her nanny would be still awake. But she got no response.

“Nanny?” she asked, frowning. She didn’t turn on the light, she just walked upstairs. This was weird.

The house was completely dark. Then she noticed a dim of light coming from her room. She frowned again. This was really really weird. She walked to her semi-closed door and slowly pushed it open.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

“Y-Yuri? How did you…?”

The other girl was standing there, leaning her back against the wall right next to the window.

“Your nanny let me in,” Yuri answered.

“W-what are you… doing here?” Jessica exhaled as she stared at her room. Yuri lightened several candles, so that was the dim light she saw.

“I came here to prove you…” Yuri took several steps towards Jessica. Then she passed around her and closed the door. “…that you’re damn perfect in my eyes.”

“Yu-Yuri-yah…” Jessica whispered, a bit frightened.

“Because you are,” Yuri pushed Jessica so her back hit the wall. Then she leaned closer, wanting to kiss her. Jessica tried to push her away, but Yuri didn’t even move.

“Yu…”

“Shut up,” Yuri ordered and kissed her really gently, before she pulled away.

“Yuri, what are you…?” Jessica didn’t even finish. That soft kiss left her breathless. She gulped.

“I love you, Jessica Jung,” Yuri whispered and her warm breath tickled Jessica’s lips. Jessica shivered. This situation was driving her crazy. Her mind was screaming ‘NO!’ like crazy while her body and heart were like: ‘SCREW YOUR MIND AND DO IT!!!’. She shook her head.

“Sica… I love you…” Yuri repeated. She knew Jessica had to hear it.

“Yuri-yah…”

“I love you. You’re the most beautiful girl ever,” she kissed her again and again the kiss was very gently.

“Beautiful inside and out. You’re perfect. I love you.” Another gentle kiss. Jessica responded and her lips brushed against Yuri’s. As much as Yuri didn’t want to, she pulled away once again. But only to confess again.

“I love you so much it hurts me… because you’re hurt… let me…” She pecked Jessica’s lips again. “Heal you,” she whispered.

Jessica had her eyes closed and she was breathing heavily, her lips slightly parted. Yuri kissed her, this time more passionately.

Because Jessica had her lips parted, it was much easier to slide her tongue inside and explore . Yuri had to smile when she felt Jessica is responding and even slowly hugging her waist. She grabbed Jessica’s neck and pulled her closer.

Their lips crashing onto each other’s, their tongues intertwined.

Yuri’s hand slid lower and her fingers traced Jessica’s collar bone over her shirt. Then she touched the top button and undid it. Not stopping kissing the shorter girl for a single moment, her index finger touched Jessica’s chest. Then she ed another button.

And that was when Jessica realized what is going on. She grabbed Yuri’s hand.

“Stop it…” she moaned and she pulled away.

”I don’t want to,” Yuri mumbled and kissed Jessica’s neck.

“No…” Jessica repeated.

“Don’t be scared… I love you, remember?” Yuri mumbled and flipped them over so she could gently push Jessica on the bed and then lie down on the top of her, not forgetting to kiss every single part of her face.

Another moan escaped from Jessica’s mouth. “Yuri-yah…” she mumbled, shaking.

Yuri could feel her insecurity, so she tried to be as loving and gently as possible. She completely ed Jessica’s shirt and her fingers traced her stomach.

“Yuri… blow the candles…” Jessica stuttered a bit.

“I don’t want to,” Yuri shook her head as she started to take of Jessica’s shirt.

“Please…” Jessica pleaded.

“Sica…”

“I can’t… not like this,” she said and pushed Yuri away. Yuri didn’t resist, she backed out.

“Why?”

“Just… no…” Jessica said and left the room while buttoning up her shirt.

Yuri sighed. She followed her, but Jessica left the house and Yuri had no idea where to find her.

“Aish… This girl…” Yuri gritted her teeth. “What more can I do?”

 

 

Yuri stayed at Jessica’s house over night, hoping Jessica would return. She was happy, when she heard the sound of door opening. But it was just the nanny.

“Yuri, what are you doing here?” she asked, surprised. “And where’s Jessica?”

“She… ran away,” Yuri sighed.

“Really? What happened?”

“I don’t know,” Yuri shook her head. “Everything was going just fine, but then… I almost had her, but she ran away suddenly.”

The nanny bit her lower lip and frowned as she thought about it. “You were about to…?” she asked, raising her eyebrows.

Yuri blushed a bit and nodded. “Well, we were making out,” she admitted.

“Remember what I told you about her scars?”

“I do… but I don’t mind them.”

“Well, she does.”

“Stupid girl,” Yuri mumbled.

“I can’t disagree,” the nanny shrugged.

“Any idea where she could possibly be?”

“I know where she is… She’s always there when she doesn’t feel good…”

 

 

“I really don’t know what to do…” Jessica sobbed, tears ran down her cheeks. She just couldn’t stop crying. “I love her… I love her so much… But I’m too scared.” She started to play with a grass around her. “She’s an amazing girl, but I’m just not good enough… Mommy… Daddy…” She stared at the grave in front of her. She was sitting on the ground right in front of it and she was sobbing so loudly, she didn’t hear a person coming. That person came closer, but didn’t say a word. “I’m so ugly, I don’t understand why she should love me.” Jessica wiped away her tears. “I can’t believe I’m in this situation… I love her, but I’m scared that she will run away, once she find out about these!” Jessica rolled up her left sleeve and looked at her scars. “These…” she sobbed again.

Then suddenly, she heard footsteps. She looked up and noticed a girl going towards her and then falling on her knees right next to her.

“Y-Yuri… what are you doing here?” she asked, obviously shocked. She wanted to cover her scars, but Yuri grabbed her forearm and stared at it, before she kissed her old injuries.

“What more do I have to do to prove you that I love you? With all your flaws and shortcomings?” she asked as she looked into Jessica’s red eyes, not forgetting caressing her arm and hand.

“Yuri…” Jessica breathed out.

Yuri let go of Jessica’s hand and caressed her cheeks. “Sica… I… in front of your parents… I swear I love you and I promise I will never leave you as long as you won’t wish so.”

“Please don’t… don’t leave me.” More tears came out of Jessica’s eyes as she hugged Yuri. The taller girl felt Jessica’s tears on her shoulder. She quickly hugged her back.

“Don’t cry, baby… Please…” she whispered and kissed the top of Jessica’s head. “Come on, let’s go back home…”

 

 

“I can’t believe you thought I would leave you over something like this,” Yuri said in disbelieve and traced Jessica’s back with her index finger. Those scars were bad, but it was Jessica. So Yuri loved it.

Jessica smiled faintly, slightly shivering due to Yuri’s touch. It was later that day and they already ended up in Jessica’s bed… . “I can’t believe I thought so too.”

They cuddled for a while, the Jessica spoke up again.

“Oh, by the way, we totally forgot about this matter…”

“Which matter?” Yuri frowned.

“Your hotel, darling,” Jessica laughed.

“Oh, you own it,” Yuri realized.

“Yup.”

“You can have it.”

“What?” Jessica asked, surprised.

“Well, we’re going to be together anyways, aren’t we? What is mine is yours? This pretty much solves my bad financial situation,” Yuri chuckled.

“You’re sly. I don’t like that,” Jessica stated, but she was smiling.

“But you love me, right?” Yuri laughed.

“Of course, I do…”

 

A/N: Not as good as I was expecting this to be, lol, uhmmm.... I don't even know where this idea came from.

Anyways: next one shot -> I was thinking.... SooSun ft. T-ara's Hyomin & Eunjung, kk