Boyfriend in Destruction

SNSD - Royal one-shots

Every time people ask me what my job is, I tell them I am an assistant of a private investigator. They usually get all excited about the whole thing and ask me, how many bad guys I have caught so far. It’s funny and sometimes I actually let them believe that. In fact, my job is not exciting at all. I just do my uncle’s paperwork, deal with phone calls, repeat our prices and occasionally make coffee or order pizza. Very exciting, huh?

That day was no different. I was bored to death by sorting out all the files uncle had. He was really busy these days, for some reason people started to ask for help of a private eye more often than they used to. Poor uncle was forced to refuse many clients already.

I sighed. I was really bored. Then suddenly the door opened. I looked up from what I was doing and spotted a young girl, maybe my age, definitely not older than 25, long dark hair, white face, big lips. She wasn’t very tall even though she had high heels. She looked goddamn rich. Prada bag, Gucci sunglasses, Louis Vuitton shoes. Fake ones? Well, I sure don’t think so.

“Is this Kim’s Investigation?” she asked in a low voice as she took off her sunglasses and put it on the top of her head, looking around uncle’s shabby workplace.

“Yes, I am his assistant, Kim Taeyeon,” I introduced myself as I stood up from my chair. “How can we help you?”

“Tiffany Hwang,” she said nonchalantly and smiled at me a bit. She looked highly suspicious and kept looking at me in an uncomfortable way. She probably thinks I’m sixteen years old or something. But hey! It’s not my fault I didn’t grew up much! Or that I still have that goddamn baby face!

“I need you to investigate my fiancé. I think he’s cheating on me,” Miss Hwang said.

I slowly nodded, being pretty sure uncle won’t be able to fit this case into his schedule.  “I’ll go ask detective Kim if he would take your case,” I said and apologized myself as I entered uncle’s office.

“Adultery case,” I simply said as soon as I closed the door.

He just shook his head, not looking up from his computer. He had obviously a ton of work. “Sorry, I have no time,” he just said.

I nodded. I knew it. I returned to my desk and apologetically smiled at the beautiful lady. “I am very sorry, Miss Hwang, but detective Kim doesn’t take any new cases at the moment, he is too busy.”

I expected Tiffany Hwang to disappointedly leave, but she did the exact opposite. It really surprised me. She quickly sat on the chair across my chair. “You don’t understand, I have money,” she said quietly.

I sat down as well, being a bit confused. “What does that have to do with anything?”

“I will pay thrice your regular price. Or more? I don’t care, I just need to know by week, before we get married,” she said and grabbed my hand across the table.

I nodded, taking a long time to absorb her words. She was mesmerizingly stunning, her big eyes were making me feel a bit weird. “Please, try to talk to him, I am sure he will accept,” she begged.

I stood up without a single word and went into uncle’s office again. “Uh, uncle, about the adultery case…” I started.

“I said I have no time for that, Taeyeon,” he interrupted me.

“She’s willing to pay more.”

“I really can’t right now, Taeyeon. Tell her to come back later.”

I sighed and returned back to the sad young lady. “Detective Kim is really sorry, but he can’t accept.”

“Please…” Tiffany Hwang begged, almost crying.

I sighed. I felt sorry for the girl. Maybe I could help her myself. I mean… it’s not a problem to check his phone calls and credit card charges. “I can try to help you,” I breathed out, defeated by the sincere look in her eyes.

“You?” she asked doubtfully.

“Yes. Me,” I said convincingly. Or at least I tried to sound convincingly. I think I did okay.

“Okay,” she mumbled. I was happy that maybe I convinced her, but then I saw the look in her eyes and realized that she just was that desperate she would accept the help of anybody.

“Okay… I need some information about your fiancé then…”

 

 

Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, 25 years old, Thai, son of convicted boss of international drug cartel. Emigrated from Thailand with his older sister 5 years ago. They established not so prosperous, but surviving company. He met Tiffany Hwang, a rich hotelier, fell in love and the wedding came up after two years of them dating. Approximately two months ago, Tiffany started to notice he was acting weird. He stayed late at work with no apparent reason and she once found a bill from a hotel in his pocket.

I was sitting in my old school car, bored, waiting for Nichkhun to show up. I was in front of his company and it was getting really late. I was about to give up and wrap it up for the day, but then he showed up. Handsome and dashing Thai man. No wonder Tiffany fell for him, they were a good match. Beautiful people…. I wonder if Tiffany still thinks I am a teenager. I would look funny next to Tiffany. Wait what? What am I thinking? Geez, focus on your work, Kim Taeyeon!

I watched Nichkhun get inside a car and drive away. I immediately followed him from a safe distance and I was not even surprised we ended up in front of the hotel the bill Tiffany had found was from.

How do I find out who is in it with him? I highly doubted they would be that stupid to come out of the hotel together. CCTV cameras… but how… how do I get the stoppage?

It was probably the craziest idea I have ever done, but I’ve seen it on television, it must work.

I burst into the hotel, making sure I was looking like a real mess and ran directly towards the poor receptionist.

“I need your help!” I shrieked desperately. Or at least I tried to sound desperate.

“What is it?” the woman in her late thirties asked.

“I-I was here a month ago with a guy, I was drunk and I don’t remember his face or his name. The problem is… I’m pregnant!” I yelled loudly, acting like a mentally unstable person.

“O-okay,” the receptionist stuttered still a bit confused. “But what can I do for you?”

“Is it possible you still have the CCTV footage from that day?” I asked sadly and took out the bill Tiffany found in Nichkhun’s pocket. Luckily, she gave it to me. There was a date and an hour of the payment. I tried to look as vulnerable and desperate as I could.

“Aren’t you underage?” the woman asked.

Goddamn my baby face!!! “No, not at all, I’m twenty five!” I said. Seeing the receptionist didn’t believe me, I continued. “My name is Son Yeonjae and I just came directly from my doctor, I really am pregnant. I have to find that man soon, or my parents are gonna disown me! Daddy’s gonna be so angry,” I said and faked crying, trying to get at least a tear from my eye. I rubbed my eyes so hard, I actually did start to tear up. Then I looked at the woman.

“Son Yeonjae… that’s a gymnast,” she said.

Oh crap! That was the first name I came up with, I should have realized it’s a celebrity!

“No, no, no. You know, she’s Son Yeonjae with ae, while I am Son Yeonje with just e!” I tried to save the situation.

The receptionist still seemed a bit suspicious but she eventually nodded. “Fine, come with me, miss.”

 

 

I was watching the footage, waiting for Nichkhun to appear. Luckily the receptionist was too busy, so she left me alone in a room with a bunch of screens and computers. Nichkhun appeared and there indeed was a woman next to him. I sighed. Tiffany was right. That guy was cheating on her. I paused the video and frowned. She seemed a bit similar. Do I know her? Tiffany had shown me some photos of people close to Nichkhun before. That’s where I knew her from. It was… his older sister! That’s right! So… Nichkhun has been meeting his sister in a hotel room, huh? Now that’s quite interesting. But… what does it even prove?

 

 

I returned back to office and did paperwork I couldn’t do during the day because I was busy stalking Nichkhun. Uncle was okay with me staying there late even though he was a long time gone home.

I also got Nichkhun’s phone calls and credit card charges checked. I was still waiting for the charges, but I got the phone calls. He kept calling his sister suspiciously often. And he also had called a few people who worked in Tiffany’s hotel and had no obvious connection to him directly. Which was a bit weird.

It was almost midnight when I called Tiffany to inform her about everything. Tiffany sounded a bit sleepy when she answered the phone, but when I told her what I found, she became wide awake. She was as confused as I was. She asked me if she should stop by. I refused. I don’t want uncle to know I am working on something behind his back. He will probably notice I got somehow busy, but I’ll just say I’m dating, whatever.

When I was done with everything, it was already 2AM. Not really worth coming back home to my small flat, no hungry kids crying there anyways or anybody actually, so I just decided to oversleep at the office.

 

 

Ringing phone woke me up at 8AM. I picked it up, still half asleep.

“Kim’s investigation,” I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

“Hi, Taeng, it’s me, Kris, I am just sending you the credit card charges you asked for.”

I smiled. “Thank you!” I said to my friend from police. He always did my requests almost immediately, just because we knew each from school. And I once helped him get a date with Tao, my neighbor. They’re still together if you’re wondering.

I hung up quite quickly and checked my e-mail right away.

“Nice…” I mumbled to myself as I scrolled down the document.

Food, gas, books, clothes, usual stuff. And then there was always a hotel room at least twice a week. I wondered if it was always the same hotel room. I knew for sure the hotel receptionist wouldn’t tell me just because my eyes are pretty, firstly because it was confidential, secondly, she was quite pissed the day before when I faked pregnancy.

I sighed. I don’t have a badge, I don’t have any right to go and ask for confidential information. Which really .

The phone rang again. I answered it immediately.

“Kim’s investigation,” I said as always.

“This is Tiffany Hwang,” a quiet voice said.

“Oh, Miss Hwang, what is it?” I asked.

“I found another hotel room bill in his pocket,” she whispered.

“Wow, I’m impressed,” I said, all satisfied. “He’s not very smart, is he?” I noted.

“I think it’s more like he wouldn’t expect me to look through his clothes,” she said.

“Okay, what does it say? Something interesting?”

“It’s exactly the same as last time,” Tiffany said after a while. “Room number twelve, just like before, no room service, rented for just that one night.”

I couldn’t help but smirk. “Oh, great. Same room… That’s… perfect.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Miss Hwang, listen, once he would be staying late at work again, let me know and come to this address,” I said and told her address of my home. “Also write down my personal phone number, just in case,” I added and told her the number as well.

“This is very important, okay?”

“Okay,” she said and hung up.

I checked the clock. Half past eight, I still had like 15 minutes before uncle arrives. Maybe I could secretly borrow one of his listening devices, he has tons of them anyways…

 

 

Right after I was done with all my work for uncle, I headed directly to the hotel. To my displeasure, there was the same receptionist as the previous night. There’s probably a very little chance she wouldn’t remember me, right?

“Good morning,” I smiled at her.

“Good morning, miss,” she smiled as well, but it was obviously a forced smile.

“I would like to get a room. Could it be a room number twelve please?” I said very innocently. Or at least I tried.

She frowned. “Room number twelve is not really available as it is rented by one of our regulars  thrice a week,” she said.

Bingo! Nichkhun really does rent the same room every time, good.

“Well, it’s just tonight?” I said. “It’s really important to me,” I begged, putting my puppy eyes on.

The receptionist sighed. “Will you stay out of problems this time?” she asked me. Tsss, how impolite of her, she’s talking to me like I am fifteen years old or something, like seriously. I know I look young, but stop this, people, just stop!

“Of course!” I said, flashing my best smile and to my happiness she booked the room for me for one night.

Actually, I needed much less that the entire night. Just five minutes were okay with me. But well, since I already paid for this, I might as well spent night here and enjoy the comfort. I placed the little microphone right under the table. It should react to every sound within two meters radius and immediately send it to me. It took me just a few minutes to set it all up and then all I and to do was wait. So I might as well get some sleep…

 

 

When I heard knocking on the door, I immediately stood up and went to open it. Tiffany had called me that Nichkhun told her he would be late that evening and that she would stop by as I told her to do once he does that. So I was pretty much expecting her.

“Hello, Miss Hwang,” I greeted with a slight smile.

“Good evening and please, call me just Tiffany,” she said.

“Just Tiffany it is then, call me Taeyeon,” I answered, inviting her in.

She looked as stunning as before, but she also looked like she hadn’t been getting enough sleep lately. Her big eyes seemed really tired.

“Would you like something to drink? I have… pretty much just water,” I admitted then, realizing my current situation.

“Water is fine, thank you very much,” she said, sitting on a couch in the middle of my small living room. And bed room at the same time actually, I pretty much had just one room and a kitchen. And a bathroom of course.

I got us two glasses with water and sat next to her. Then I took my lap top and did what was needed to connect to the microphone in Nichkhun’s favorite hotel room.

We waited in an absolute silence for the microphone to start working. It switched only when a sound loud enough was made. Then it was. The device caught door opening and closing, followed by two people undressing, probably just taking of their jackets. There could be distant voices heard, but they were too far, it was all too unclear.

“Okay, enough with the chitchat,” a woman’s voice said then.

“That’s her, that’s Nichkhun’s sister,” Tiffany told me and I just nodded. I could feel her anxiety.

“How are you proceeding with the plan?” Nichkhun’s sister asked.

“Everything’s going smoothly, nobody suspects anything. I mean, Tiffany seems a bit anxious lately, but that’s probably just the wedding and .”

I gulped and Tiffany grabbed my hand for support. I let her. I liked it. It felt good. Oh god, that sounds like I’m the biggest ever. … Well… I might be, true, but it’s not like I liked it in a weird freaky way, I just liked it. Okay, I am so not helping the situation at the moment. Let’s move on.

“Nobody noticed in the company?”

“No, not as long as I know. I am slowly putting our people everywhere. With the amount of our shareholders we will own more than half of the company soon. Only the marriage is left. I’ll get married to that stupid Jimmy Choo freak, it still hurt me how much money she spends on shoes by the way, and it’ll be done and done.”

I felt Tiffany shiver next to me. She was suddenly somehow closer to me, our arms were touching, it wasn’t just the hands anymore.

“I’m very pleased to hear that,” the woman laughed all darkly.

I heard Tiffany breathing heavily next to me. I peeked at her. Her face was pale, her eyes glistening with tears. I was afraid she might get an asthmatic fit or something, her breathing did not sound good at all.

“You okay?” I asked, putting my free hand on her shoulder so I was now facing her.

She remained quiet, eyes fixed on my lap top.

Then Nichkhun said: “Okay, we gotta get rid of her then. How much time do you think I need to wait before divorcing her?”

“Divorcing her?” his sister laughed. “My little brother is so inexperienced yet… We need to get rid of her for good.”

“So what are you suggesting?”

“I’ll take care of it. Unless of course… you wanna take care of it yourself?” she said.

“Like… killing her?” Nichkhun whispered.

“Exactly, little brother.”

“Okay, I’ll take care of it.”

Tiffany let out a weird sound and abruptly stood up, running towards the window. I quickly turned off the volume, but kept recording their every word as I stood up as well and followed her, just in case she would jump. I lived in the second floor, she probably wouldn’t die, but one can never be sure. I quickened my pace when I noticed her opening it.

“Don’t jump!” I shrieked terrified.

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t jump over that ,” she assured me in a quiet voice. “I just… need some air,” she said, inhaling deeply.

“Good,” I said, putting my hand on her shoulder. “Tiffany… I need to hand over this recording to the police. I can’t do anything more for you at this point. The investigation got a little bit too complicated that I had predicted and yeah… this is not in my competence anymore. This is more than adultery, this is worse.”

“I know!” she yelled right into my face, startling me a bit. “I know, I know… I’m sorry…”

“That’s okay, it’s understandable that you are upset,” I said. “You could beat me up and I wouldn’t blame you,” I added hoping she wouldn’t do it. Coz I am pretty tiny, you know. And it would probably hurt if she hit me with that huge diamond ring of hers. Heh, her lovely fiancé probably bought it using the money he had stolen from her. She noticed me looking at it and immediately took it off and then turning back towards the window, ready to throw it away.

But then she stopped herself. “Here, take this,” she said, giving it to me. “I’ll still pay you with the money as I promised, but take this as well, you saved my entire life. I don’t want to see this ever again.”

“O-okay,” I stuttered, not really sure what to say, but I accepted the ring.

“Thank you,” she said then and surprised me with a hug.

I hugged her back, trying to comfort her.

“Thank you,” she repeated before letting me go and leaving my apartment without further words.

 

 

It’s been a month since I last saw the girl. Or heard of her. I kept watching news, reading newspaper to see if there is some update of the case, but no. Nobody even mentioned. They probably tried to do this as quietly as possible and succeeded. Well, money can do stuff. Oh, talking about money. Three weeks ago I received a nice amount of money in my bank account. Tiffany really did as she had promised.

For some reason I couldn’t stop thinking about her so at least three times a week, I walked around her hotel, making sure there is still the name “Hwang” written on the door and not some Horvejkul . And it was still there. That was enough for me. I always smiled to myself satisfied and walked away.

Oh yeah, little did I know the security of the hotel was very thorough and noticed me doing so.

One day I did as usually. Walked around, but some guy came to me and stopped me from leaving. “Miss, I need you to come with me.”

I looked at him, all surprised. “I didn’t do anything,” I defended myself, freaking out a bit. Damn, that guy was huge, probably more than twice my weight. It wouldn’t be nice to get grabbed by him.

“We noticed your activity in the past few weeks and the head of our security wants to ask you a few questions.”

“Head of your security? Will he be even bigger than you?” I freaked out. The guy just laughed making me even more scared. What does it mean? He will totally drag me to some dungeon and then what? Will they beat me up? Handcuff me? Tie me up? Eat me? It’s lunch time. They will totally eat me. That’s how they stay so big, isn’t it?

I obediently followed with all those crazy scenarios running through my head, not really paying attention to where exactly we were going.

He like literally threw me inside some office and closed the door behind me, leaving me there alone with… somebody sitting in a chair, but I couldn’t see the person as it wasn’t facing me. To my relief it was no dungeon. Just a neat, clean, simple office.

Then the chair turned around. I breathed out, surprised.

“Long time no see,” Tiffany smiled at me.

“You… You are the head of the security?”

“I am the head of everything here, sweetie,” she smiled at me as she stood up, looking as stunning as always.

I just couldn’t pull myself together for the moment. Like… what?

“You seem a bit confused,” she said.

“I am,” I admitted. “Like hell.”

“I’m sorry, but my security informed me about ‘a suspicious little girl wandering around a bit too often without any obvious reason’ to be exact, so I checked the CCTV footage and I recognized you. So I told my security to bring you to me.”

It took me a while to understand it all, my brain automatically stopped working at the ‘little girl’ comment, ready to protest really loudly. But I remained quiet and after a while I started to reply. “Why?” I just managed to say. Wow, my vocabulary is really something.

“I could ask the same thing,” Tiffany said. “Why do you walk around my hotel so often? Your office and home are not exactly across the street.”

I nodded. “Well… There were no news about the case and I was worried, so I kept walking around to check if you are still the owner,” I said the truth eventually.

Tiffany smiled. “Thanks to you, I am still the owner. You don’t have to worry. We just did everything really quietly, but that bastard and his sister got deported back to Thailand, so everything’s good.”

“Glad to hear that,” I smiled at her. “Also I couldn’t stop thinking about you,” I blurted out. Oh hell, I liked myself better when I couldn’t say anything but one word, now she’s gonna think I’m a weird freakish stalker and they will really put me into that dungeon, tie me and eat me for lu-

“That’s sweet.”

-nch… Wait what? Is she smiling right now? She is totally smiling! What’s that? Sweet? I’m sweet? Okay. Good. Good for me. I go hard. Hell yeah, Kim Taeyeon!

“It is?” I asked and she nodded, walking around the table towards me.

“Yes, I like you, you are so cute,” she said and pinched my cheeks.  I pouted. I hate this. Despite my height and looks, I am not eight years old anymore for crying out loud!

“I don’t wanna be cute,” I whined, accidentally all aegyo-ishly.

“Are you saying you want to be y?” she chuckled.

“Yes,” I kept pouting.

She laughed. “Okay, I’ll make you y.”

“Huh?”

 

 

An hour later I was standing inside Tiffany’s enormous closet. And by enormous I mean my entire flat would fit inside. So many clothes, shoes, accessories, make-up , I had never seen this before.

“I’ll make you look really hot,” she flashed a smile at me and the next hour was incredible.

Tiffany kept undressing me and dressing me and trying many different types of clothes and styles and colors and make-up and hair styles, I was starting to feel quite dizzy after a while. It was pretty obvious she understood all this stuff well, real fashionista.

I didn’t see myself the entire time as she wouldn’t let me take a look into the mirror. Finally, when she done with me and all eye-smiley, obviously happy with the results, she led me towards a bigass mirror she owned. I could see my entire body in it. My entire super hot body, may I add. My jaw almost dropped. Wow, I looked daaamn good. My legs were bit unstable in those killer high heels, but the skinny black pants with gold flowers on it, black top with some thin chains as accessories revealing my flat tummy, black leather jacket, gold necklace, hair straightened and smoky make-up…. Oh damn, I looked so badass.

“You like it?” Tiffany grinned into the mirror, watching me in the reflection.

“If I like it? Tiffany, I love it! I think you should just quit working at the hotel and just do this, coz damn, girl, you have some serious talent here,” I told her, feeling great. “I look hot like hell!”

“Yes, you do,” Tiffany agreed with me and hugged me from behind which kind of startled me. Kind of meaning a lot. Panic mode on! Just what exactly is happening?

“W-what are you doing?” I managed to ask.

“Sorry, it’s just I have never realized you are this irresistible,” she said, letting go of my waist, but just to face me from a ing close distance.

“Oh… a-am I?”

“Totally, you tiger,” she said teasingly and kissed me. Oh, okay, that was unexpected. But whatever, I liked it nevertheless and started to kiss her back almost immediately. The kiss tasted sweet and wasn’t too rough or passionate and it didn’t last for long. It was very cute though. I enjoyed it a lot. I was pretty sure I was blushing and my heart was beating fast.

“Sorry,” she flashed a smile. She didn’t really look that sorry. She didn’t look sorry at all. And me probably neither. Coz I surely wasn’t.

“Don’t be sorry,” I grinned. “I am not.” Where did this side of me come from? Uhhh… doesn’t matter, it’s here and it wants to tear the clothes off the girl in front of me. It felt like waves of passion running through my body, it was just the matter of time for me to stop resisting it.

“Good,” she said. “Because I am not either.” With that she kissed me again.

 

 

Weeks passed. Nothing much changed. I still would walk to the hotel now and then and checked the name on the door. It became a weird habit of mine and it was giving me a weird feeling of satisfaction every time I saw the “Hwang” name written there, all proud. I never told anybody about my little adventure. Only the police and Tiffany knew and I was determined to keep it that way. Oh yeah, almost forgot, one thing changed. I now had a good reason to go to the hotel and even inside it. That’s because I got a girlfriend. A really hot one. And yes, a real one, who actually acknowledged my existence and was aware of the fact we were actually dating. Pretty cool, huh? Yes, I think so too.

 


 

A/N: Yes, I am very aware of the fact it's been forever since I actually updated this, but hey, better late then never?

Sorry, probably not that good, not sure if worth waiting, but I'll tell you a little background story. Part of my high school finals was an essay and one of the topics we could choose was an investigation story called something like "When I became a detective". So I came up with this but 10 times shorter (we had just 90 minutes to write it) and then when I arrived home I thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad to extend the story and write a one-shot. So I did. Haha, my best friend then laughed, saying that I am the first person who actually wrote a fanfiction for finals and actually got an A :D But hey, I used to write SoShi FFs at school all the time and actually won a contest with one, so it obviously works! :D

Also if you are tired of the never-ending waiting (which will follow once again), you can check out my ongoing fic riiight here. I update it regularly, haha, unlike this.

Thanks for reading & commenting & subscribing and see you~ Sometimes... hopefully... lol, bye!