The Government Inspector

SNSD - Royal one-shots

„Director Seo! Director Seo!“ a short girl stormed into her boss’ office without bothering to knock.

A young woman in a suit who was doing some paper work looked up. “Lee piso. How many times do I have to tell you to knock?”

“I really apologize, but it’s important!”

“Okay, Sunny, calm down and tell me, what exactly is going on.”

Sunny was breathing rapidly, but she eventually calmed down a bit. “Director Seo! An inspector is coming to our resort!”

“What?” Seohyun frowned. “Like a government inspector? Why would he go there?”

“I don’t know; it seems like they’re inspecting all resorts in Korea.”

“How do you know about it? When is he supposed to arrive?”

“You know my cousin Taeyeon? Well, her wife, Tiffany works in government and she told Taeyeon about it who immediately called me. I don’t know when he’s supposed to arrive, but Taeyeon said that he could come incognito, so it’s possible that he’s already here!”

Seohyun jumped off her chair. She walked around her table and then leaned on it. “Seriously?!”

Sunny nodded. “But director Seo… your resort is doing well, I don’t think you should be afraid.”

“Yes, we are doing well, but I’m still very worried.”

Suddenly the door opened again and again the person didn’t bother to knock. “Seohyun-ah!” another short girl said.

“Hyoyeon unnie!” Seohyun smiled slightly. She was happy that her favorite unnie came. Hyoyeon was also head of her resort’s restaurant.

“Seohyun-ah, I need your help. I’m really going crazy.”

“What is it?”

“There this one tall girl and her even taller assistant. They look very decent but have been eating tons of food for the past few days and that assistant is very rude, she makes fun of short people,” Hyoyeon looked at Sunny, “Sunkyu, I hope you won’t meet her, she will be very mean to you.”

Sunny frowned. “I’m not that much shorter than, you know?”

Seohyun interrupted before Hyoyeon could answer. “Well, what’s the problem? I know they shouldn’t make fun of short people, but still…”

“They don’t pay for anything! And every time I tell them to pay, that girl says she’s an officer from Seoul and that she will pay for it later. I’m not giving them any food anymore.”

“WHAT?!” Seohyun jumped again. “U-unnie… you said she’s an officer from Seoul?!”

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yes, why?”

Sunny looked surprised too. “I guess they already sent somebody…”

“Who?” Hyoyeon asked, confused.

“Is it a young girl?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes.”

“Mhm, good for us, they sent a newbie, will be easier to deal with,” Seohyun mumbled. “From now on, you will provide them everything you can, okay, unnie? They don’t have to pay, just be very polite to them and do everything they will wish for.”

“B-but… why?” Hyoyeon exhaled, totally puzzled.

“They’re inspectors from Seoul…”

 

 

“Yah! Choi Sooyoung! Get off my bed!”

“I can’t… Yoona-yah… I have no energy left…” Sooyoung mumbled. “I’m too hungry… What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know, Sooyoung, I really don’t know…” Yoona sighed as she walked back and forth across the room.

“It’s your fault!” Sooyoung whined. “I hate you! Because of you we are stuck in this resort in the middle of nowhere!”

“It’s a very pretty resort!” Yoona argued.

“But there’s anything around! The nearest city is hundred kilometers away and we have no gas in our car!”

“Yuri said she will send us money as soon as possible!”

“It’s your stupid fault! We were supposed to be on Jeju already! You will get fired! Well… Thinking about it… you won’t, because we are gonna starve to death first!” Sooyoung yelled.

“I’m sorry, okay?! I really didn’t know I would lose everything!”

“Why would you even go to casino?!”

“I just wanted to try it once! I know it was stupid!” Yoona defended herself.

“Well, how are we going to get money? We can’t sell our plane tickets.”

Yoona’s face got visibly paler. “You’re right; we can’t sell them… because I lost them too.”

“IM YOONA!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“I’m sorry!”

“GAH!!”

Suddenly somebody knocked on the door, causing them to stop fighting. “Come in,” Yoona said.

Hyoyeon peeked in, before she opened the door and entered with a huge trolley in front of her. “I hope you don’t mind I came.”

“Oh… I… don’t…” Yoona said, staring at the trolley. There were five plates, all of them covered with a lid, so she didn’t know what’s underneath, but she sincerely hoped for food.

“You must be really starving, right? I brought you something to eat,” Hyoyeon smiled sweetly.

“But… we don’t have money,” Yoona hesitate. Something was weird.

“I know, but we can’t let you die here, right?”

“That’s… right, I guess…”

“I also want to ask you something, Agassi,” Hyoyeon said.

“Yes?”

“Director of this resort wants to meet you; can she stop by during this afternoon?”

Yoona froze for a second. Why? Does she want to kick us out personally? “Sure,” she said after a while confidently. Hyoyeon just smiled again, but didn’t say anything. “Is that all?” Yoona asked. “If yes, then I would prefer you’d leave, before my assistant will go completely insane.”

Hyoyeon looked around, confused and found Sooyoung lying on the floor right next to the trolley. Her hand was on the trolley near one of those plates. Oh, and she was basically bathing in her own drools. “Disgusting,” Hyoyeon said quietly so Yoona didn’t hear her. “Sure… Enjoy your meal,” Hyoyeon said before she left.

Immediately after the door closed, Sooyoung literally jumped on the food and started to stuff with a meat using her bare hands. Yoona sighed at the sight. “I hate my life.”

 

 

“Do I look okay?” Seohyun asked her secretary.

“You do, director,” Sunny said smiling. “You look beautiful.”

“You think? Okay…”

She and Sunny (despite Hyoyeon’s warning) headed to Im Yoona’s room. Seohyun was obviously very nervous and it was getting worse as they were coming closer. Sunny was trying to calm her down, saying everything in the resort is fine, but the director was still uneasy.

When they finally reached Im Yoona’s room, Sunny was the one who knocked, because Seohyun just couldn’t. “Pull yourself together, boss,” Sunny said, before the “Come in!” came out and she opened the door.

Yoona was sitting behind a table, writing something. Her tall assistant was lying on her bed, snoring. Good for Sunny. “Oh,” Yoona said as she stood up.

Seohyun entered (well, more like Sunny pushed her inside) and bowed. Yoona bowed back and smiled as she came closer to Seohyun.

“I assume you are the owner of this resort, right? My name is Im Yoona, nice to meet you.”

“Seo Juhyun,” Seohyun bowed again and accepted Yoona’s hand. “This is my secretary, Sunny.”

Yoona smiled even more. She ignored Sunny and focused only on Seohyun. This girl is so damn cute. But what exactly is going on? She wanted to send Sooyoung to find out, but after that giant ate all the food and plates clean, she fell asleep.

“What did I do that you honored me with your presence?” Yoona asked carefully.

Seohyun slightly frowned. Then she remembered the inspector is here incognito. “I just wanted to ask, if everything is fine.”

“Everything is fine,” Yoona nodded.

“Would you be interested if I’d show you our resort?” Seohyun asked.

Yoona was still slightly confused, but tried to keep her face straight. “Right now? Okay. Let me just wake my assistant up, I can’t leave her here.”

“We will wait outside then,” Seohyun bowed again and left the room. So did Sunny.

As soon as the door closed, Yoona jumped on Sooyoung and then sit on her stomach. “Choi Sooyoung! Wake up!” she said loudly.

“Oh, Yoona-yah…” Sooyoung hissed. “I don’t think you should sit on my stomach if you don’t want me to puke all over you. I just ate you know?”

Yoona got off Sooyoung, she didn’t want to risk that. “Get up!”

“What is going on?”

“I don’t know. The owner is gonna show us the whole resort. I… I think they mistook us for somebody. She’s really cute.”

Sooyoung laughed. “Impossible.”

 

 

When Yoona and Sooyoung came out Seohyun and Sunny were still standing there, quietly discussing something. As soon as they saw them, they stopped and deeply bowed again.

“You see?” Yoona whispered to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung laughed as she saw Sunny. “What is that?”

Sunny frowned. “Excuse me?”

“Hahahaha, where’s your Snow White, midget? Hahahahah, you’ve got to be kidding and I thought there can’t be a person shorter than that cooking girl, hahahahah!”

Sunny frowned even more. “You are rude,” she said angrily. Seohyun nudged her.

“Watch your mouth.”

Sooyoung giggled and Yoona gave her meaningful look. “Please, behave yourself, Choi Sooyoung,” she said. Then she looked at Sunny. “I apologize for her behavior. She’s a good kid, but sometimes she talks a bit too much, right Sooyoungie?”

Sooyoung cutely nodded like a little girl. Sunny snorted. Acting cute like that…

“So? Where are we going?” Yoona smiled widely.

“Mhm, first of all I would like to show you some of our rooms, so please, follow me,” Seohyun led Yoona across the long corridor. Sooyoung and Sunny stayed behind. Sunny looked up at the giant. “Tsss, you think that when you’re boss is an inspector you can do anything you want?” she said, irritated.

Sooyoung raised her eyebrows in surprise. “What?” she asked a bit confused.

“Oh don’t act so innocent, we know, my boss knows. I would like to tell you, you will find nothing on us! This resort is perfect!”

Sooyoung frowned. So they really did mistake us for somebody! Inspector? Heheheh. I guess I should play along and then warn Yoona. “Well,” Sooyoung cleared dramatically, “we’ll see about that later,” she said, trying to look important. Sunny gave her a weird look, before she decided to follow her Seohyun with Yoona. Sooyoung laughed a bit and followed them too.

 

 

“I’m afraid I won’t be able to show you all of the rooms. We have few guests here and it would be inappropriate to go into their room while their stuffs are there,” Seohyun said.

“T…that’s okay, I guess.”

Seohyun smiled. “Now if you could follow me downstairs into our kitchen and restaurant…”

“Yoona-yah!” Sooyoung whispered as quietly as possible while they were walking down the stairs. “You’re gonna die out of laughter! They think you’re an inspector!”

“What?!”

“Yeah! So don’t ruin it and play along, okay?”

“Sure!”

“Is anything wrong?” Seohyun interrupted them nervously.

Yoona quickly shook her head. “No, not at all, I was just… uhmm, scolding my assistant for not taking notes!”

“Yeah… I forgot my pen,” Sooyoung pouted.

“Oh my god,” Sunny rolled her eyes at the sight.

“Problem, bunny?” Sooyoung said.

“Not at all, miss. Not at all.”

 

 

Seohyun and Sunny showed Yoona and Sooyoung the whole resort in an hour or two. She insisted on showing the ‘inspector’ the whole garden and pool too, but Yoona said she’s too tired and that tomorrow will be a better day. The four girls ended up in resort’s restaurant.

Seohyun and Yoona had a nice chat with each other about hotels small flaws, which Seohyun promised to fix immediately. Yoona said, smiling, that she, as an inspector, will let it slide, which made Seohyun happy. Soon they changed the topic, because Seohyun was curious about Yoona’s job as an inspector.

“It’s quite interesting job, but sometimes a bit annoying and tiring. I keep travelling a lot, usually to some pretty places. I have been to bad ones too though. I have to say… this one is one of the best I’ve ever seen. There’s almost nothing wrong with this place! Just make sure to fix that threshold of your kitchen door and also that air con in men’s toilet in a second floor.”

Seohyun nodded. “Of course I will! But could you please tell me more about your job?”

Yoona smiled. She found that girl so cute! She just seemed so genuine and innocent… it made Yoona feel bad about all the lying. But she needs to get out of this trouble somehow to keep her job. “Well, I don’t know what more would you find interesting. I also inspected few famous places, like museums and theaters and I also met with few famous actors and singers.”

“Really?” Seohyun had amazement in her eyes.

Yoona nodded. “Yeah. I can also sing a bit, so some singers are even my friends…” She didn’t really care if she was exaggerating too much.

Sooyoung was watching her quietly. She was in a bad mood. She was bickering with Sunny for the past hour, making fun of her height, until that stupid shorty got angry and left. And now, Sooyoung was bored. She was really enjoying nagging Sunny, her reactions were just too cute to handle. Sooyoung sighed. She couldn’t bear with all those lies Yoona was telling. She stood up from her chair and headed straight to the kitchen. She will force that short cook to give her something to eat for free…

 

Few days later, Sooyoung entered her and Yoona’s room with a letter in her hands.

“Yuri’s money!” she shrieked.

“For real?” Yoona asked and raised her eyebrows. “She really did send something? I thought she won’t since she didn’t call or anything for the past few days…”

“Yes… There are few thousands won inside, I checked. It’s just enough for the gas in our car and plane tickets.”

Yoona took the envelope. “Cool,” she said simply.

Sooyoung frowned. “Whyyy exactly do you look like you are not happy at all?” she asked, suspicious.

“No, I am… it’s just… It’s awesome here, I’m gonna miss this place.”

“No… I mean yes, this place is pretty, but you’re not gonna miss this place as much as you’re gonna miss the owner… right?”

Yoona sighed.

“Ooooh! So I’m right! You do like her!”

Yoona sighed again. “Yes… we should leave… Before this gets ugly… That poor girl… she’s so innocent and I’m gonna do something like that to her… It just ain’t fair, I’m a bad person…”

“Come on, Yoona! Let’s leave, so they won’t find out. It’s gonna be okay then.”

“I… I guess you are right…” Yoona looked really sad. “I’m just gonna say goodbye,” she said, sulky.

“Okay… but hurry up! I’m going to restaurant for the last meal.”

 

Yoona headed to Seohyun’s office. The smile that appeared on Seohyun’s face as soon as she saw her made her feels even guiltier. She sighed.

“What’s wrong, Yoona-sshi?” Seohyun asked, sincerely worried.

“I’m- I’m afraid my work here is done. My boss called me, they need me back in Seoul asap,” Yoona said.

“Really?” Seohyun asked, surprised. “Okay,” she said. Yoona though she looked as sad as she herself is right now.

“You have no idea how much I don’t want to leave this place,” the older girl sighed. “You have no idea how much I don’t want to leave you,” she added, really quietly.

“What did you say?” Seohyun heard, but she wasn’t one hundred percent sure.

“Nothing, just… nothing…”

“Really?”

“Yeah… I… I should go.” But Yoona wasn’t leaving. For some odd reasons she just couldn’t move her legs.

“I hope to meet you again, sometimes in a future,” Seohyun smiled.

“I…I…” Yoona stuttered. “I know you gave me a lot of things already, food, a room, and everything for free, but… could I… could I get one more thing before I leave?” she asked eventually.

“O-okay…” Seohyun answered a bit confused, but curious at the same time.

Yoona cleared before she took three steps forward to Seohyun. The other girl kept just nervously watching her, completely quiet. They were only few centimeters apart. “Can you… close you eyes?”

“W…Why?” Seohyun wasn’t sure what to expect. There was one thing she hoped for though.

“Can you just do it?”

Seohyun slightly nodded and closed her eyes.

The room was completely quiet. Seohyun could hear only her heartbeat and her breath. Also Yoona’s breathing was quite heavy. And it got even louder. Then it stopped. Seohyun didn’t have time to think about it though, because she soon find out why. Yoona’s mouth was busy doing something else. She was actually kissing her. Well, it wasn’t actually kissing. More like pressing their lips together. It felt awesome though. Seohyun felt the urge to open her eyes, because she wanted to make sure this is real, but in the end, her eyes remained closed. She wanted to enjoy this as much in possible in case it actually wasn’t real. Then, few seconds later, she felt Yoona pull away. She could still feel her warm breath on her lips though. She slowly opened her eyes only to see the girl with most beautiful eyes ever only three or four centimeters away.

“I’m sorry,” Yoona mumbled after few seconds and headed towards the door

“Wait! Yoona-sshi!” Seohyun stopped Yoona by putting her palm on Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona stopped and was tempted to turn around, but eventually, she didn’t.

“Goodbye,” she just said and left.

 

Sunny was in the restaurant, watching Sooyoung eat from distance. After she finished her meals she had to go to the bathroom. She left her things there. And her cell phone beeped.

Sunny fought her curiosity. And failed. She just had to check. She looked around and was happy to find out there’s nobody around. She quickly took Sooyoung’s phone and checked it.

You’re so evil! Just imagine their expressions once they find out you’re not who they think you are. Lol. But don’t get caught! I’ve sent you the money, it should be on Yoong’s account already. –YR.

“What?” Sunny snapped. “Like… what?!

She looked around and it seemed like Sooyoung is still in the bathroom, so she checked other messages.

Kwon Yuri! This is freakin’ hilarious! The owner of this place think Yoona’s an inspector! So dumb, mwahahaha. But this is going a bit far, plz send us the money asap, before we get caught. I think Yoona has a little thing for that owner though. PS: The assistant here is damn cute, lolzzz, Yoona’s not the only one in troubles here. –SY

“What the hell are you doing?!” Sooyoung’s voice echoed in the room. She angrily went towards Sunny and quickly took her phone back. She looked at the display, still mad.

“What the hell are you doing!” Sunny said. “Who are you?!”

“None of your business!”

“Well, I don’t think so!”

“It is!”

“Shut up!”

“You shut up!”

“No, you- ughfghgfff…“ Sunny was muffled. By… Sooyoung’s… lips. The shorter girl struggled and pushed the taller one back. “WHAT THE HELL?!”

“Sorry,” Sooyoung smiled, awkwardly. “I couldn’t help myself, you’re cute when you’re angry.”

“Oh am I?” Sunny asked, harshly. “Well, you’re not cute at all.”

They kept glaring at each other angrily for a minute, but then they ended up kissing again. This time Sunny returned the kiss. They were kissing very roughly though.

“I hate you, you scumbag!” Sunny said, once they put away again. “You lied to me and director Seo,” she still was a bit harsh but her expression softened already.

“And I feel sincerely because of it,” Sooyoung admitted. Another passionate kiss.

“You’re gonna pay us for everything.” Kiss.

“Sure I will.”

 

“Director Seo!” Sunny entered Seohyun’s office. She was obviously in a hurry. “We’ve been tricked! Those two girls! They aren’t inspectors!”

“What?” Seohyun stood up from her chair and looked at Sunny, confused.

“They’re just impostors! And they’re running away! You have to stop them! I… I think I got tricked too, by that so called assistant, she… well, distracted me and meanwhile that fake inspector took all of the stuffs and left!”

“When did this happen?”

“I just realized three minutes ago, when I saw that Yoona girl with her luggage.”

Seohyun gritted her teeth. “We have to get them… Let’s go.”

 

Seohyun and Sunny ran downstairs, hoping Yoona and Sooyoung haven’t left yet.

“Hyoyeon! Don’t let them leave!” Sunny yelled while running.

“What?” Hyoyeon asked.

“They’re impostors!”

“Oh….” Hyoyeon looked like she just realized something

“What?” Sunny was confused with Hyoyeon’s reaction.

“I guess the conscience got them,” she laughed.

“Huh?”

“Go to the restaurant. And this is for you… wait…” Hyoyeon took out an envelope out of her pocket.

“And this is?” Seohyun asked as she took it.

“I don’t know… Oh well, I think I know what it is, but… open it first. They’re in the restaurant.”

“Are they? I’ll go check on them,” Sunny said.

“Going with ya!”

Seohyun stood there with an envelope in her hands. She opened it. She gasped when she spotted a huuuge amount of money inside. Then she noticed a letter.

She took it out and began to read.

TO: Director Seo Juhyun.

Are you angry? I guess you are, keke. I told that cook to give this to you once you find out the truth about us. Well, take this money as a compensation for everything we did. I’m really really really sorry. At first I thought this will be fine and you will never find out, but then… I fell for you. That’s why I ran away. I hope you’ll forgive me once… I really hope you won’t hate me. I love you.

FROM: Im idiot Yoona.

 

Seohyun literally stormed into the restaurant only to find there Sooyoung eating Sunny’s face and Yoona, finishing her food.

“YOU!” she pointed at Yoona. “You…”

Yoona gasped and stood up, staring at Seohyun. Sooyoung and Sunny stopped kissing and stared at them too.

“I…” Yoona didn’t know what to say. ”Did your cook…?”

Seohyun nodded. “Why haven’t you left yet?”

“Well, they sent me money, but no food, so I wanted to eat something before leaving… I had no idea you will be here so soon,” Yoona just mumbled.

“So you just wanted to disappear…”

“Yeah…” Yoona admitted. “Have you… read… the…”

Seohyun showed Yoona the opened letter. “I did.”

“So… I’ll leave now… Sooyoung, let’s go.” Yoona was visibly sad.

“I’ll be back once I’m back from Jeju,” Sooyoung winked at Sunny and kissed her passionately again.

“Disgusting…” Seohyun mumbled.

Yoona and Sooyoung left the resort. Sunny took Yoona’s letter and read it.

“Director Seo… are you insane?”

“What did you say?”

“There’s written she loves you! And you’re letting her go, just like that?”

Seohyun looked at Sunny, blankly.

“You don’t feel anything, at all?”

“I… feel… something,” Seohyun admitted.

“Then go for her, you idiot!” Sunny said.

“Watch your mouth, I’m still your boss… But… you’re… right…” Seohyun quickly ran out, hoping Yoona haven’t left yet.

And Yoona haven’t. Actually, she and Sooyoung were standing next to the car, Sooyoung was calling somewhere. When Yoona noticed Seohyun she chuckled awkwardly.

“Yeah, I’m still here, no gas in our car, sorry,” she smiled apologetically. “Sooyoung’s already dealing with it.”

Seohyun stood there, frozen. After a few seconds she quickly went to Yoona and hugged her.

”Stay here,” Seohyun mumbled into her ear.

”What?”

“Don’t leave… I… want you here…”

“A-are you saying…?”

“I love you. Don’t leave.”

Seohyun let go of Yoona and stared into her eyes.

“You… what?” Yoona asked, overwhelmed.

Seohyun just nodded. “I know you’ve tried to trick me, but you didn’t… And I… love you.”

Yoona smiled happily. “I love you too,” she said and gently kissed Seohyun on the lips.

“Can you stay?” Seohyun asked then.

“I’m sorry… I need to go to Jeju… but I promise I will be back once I deal with it.”

“Can’t you just send your assistant?”

“Hey! I want to stay here too, okay!” Sooyoung protested and smile mischievously at Sunny who was now with them too. Even Hyoyeon joined them.

“You have to come back,” Seohyun whispered into Yoona’s ear and kissed her again.

“Director Seo!!” suddenly a doorman appeared at the parking lot.

“What is it?”

“There’s some lady in the lobby, saying she’s a government inspector!”

Everybody stood there, shocked and confused.

Hyoyeon just shook her head. “What a weird day…”

 

A/N: This took me like FOREVER to finish. I literally forced myself to finish this. And because I forced myself, it ended up being quite fail xD Anyways, inspirated by Nikolai Gogol's The Government Inspector, I enjoyed that play, I couldn't help myself, lol.

Oh, and I'm still thinking about that "a little bit tier" fanfic. Maybe next time ;)....