8: Moonlight

When You Love someone else...

 

Moonlight

That must have been the longest night in Junhyung’s life. He tried to talk to Hyunseung, but the man just ignored him and let him talking alone. When everyone left, Junhyung tried to talk to him again; but it was impossible as the said man went to the shower and then to bed, which was in Dongwoon’s room. Kikwang and Hyunseung had exchanged rooms, which meant Hyunseung and Junhyung were no longer roommates. Junhyung had planned to snick into Hyunseung’s bed and hug him until he was forgiven —Kill two birds with one shot— but this totally ruined his plans.

Not being able to sleep, he woke up in the middle of the night —Kikwang was sleeping peacefully in the other bed and didn’t even move when Junhyung closed the door— and went to the kitchen for a coke. While making his way to the kitchen, he noticed that the screen of the balcony was opened. Cursing who ever had left it opened, he walked to the balcony to close it but stopped when he noticed a person sitting there on the floor. There was no way he could mistake him with any other: it was Hyunseung.

“Hey” Junhyung’s sudden appearance made Hyunsueng jump a bit from his position.

“Don’t do that! You’ve scared me” he hissed while holding a hand over his chest. Junhyung apologised and sat beside him. “What are you doing here? You should be sleeping”

“Same goes for you” Hyunseung looked at him for two seconds before looking away again.

“I couldn’t sleep” Junhyung was ready to stop Hyunseung from running away from him, so he was glad when he didn’t do it and just talked to him. “I thought a bit of fresh air would make me sleepy but it doesn’t. And I can’t even see the stars”

Hyunseung kept looking at the sky as if looking for the stars he said and Junhyung couldn’t tear his eyes from him. He looked so beautiful, so 4D, so innocent, so... so Hyunseung. This was one of those things that made Junhyung fall for him. This was one of those things that made Junhyung’s stomach make funny waves the climbed up to his chest, moved to his face making his lips turn into a smile and his eyes unable to hide his feelings.

“You want to see the stars?” Hyunseung turned to him, not exactly getting Junhyung’s words. And before he could answer, Junhyung was pulling him by the wrist outside their apartment. Hyunseung tried to get some explanation from Junhyung, but he just kept on dragging the dancer through the stairs. It wasn’t until he felt the cold air passing the thin fabric of his pyjama that he realized they were at the rooftop.

“What are we doing here?” Hyunseung asked, not really angry but curious.

“You wanted to see the stars, didn’t you?” Junhyung put a big piece of carton on the floor and sat on it, leaving enough space for a second person to sit beside him.

“Well, yeah, but we could have just done that from our balcony”

“It’s better here” Junhyung patted the empty space beside him.

“But it’s cold here.” Hyunseung complained but sat beside Junhyung after all. It wasn’t really cold since it was September, but it was windy.

“I’m prepared” Junhyung unfolded a big blanket —which was previously at the living room— and wrapped it around them. Since it wasn’t big enough, he had to pull Hyunseung closer so they would be able to be covered by the blanket. After that he left his arm securely on Hyunseung’s shoulder. “See? Now we can watch the stars and it won’t be cold” he finished with a smile.

A comfortable silence fell between them and Junhyung felt Hyunseung resting his head on his shoulder. It had been too long since they last were like this and right now Junyung felt the happiest person of the world. However, he had dragged the pretty boy here for a reason.

“I’m sorry” he said and Hyunseung lifted his head to look at him “For not telling you about Hara” she’s just a friend to me.

“It’s not your obligation to tell me everything you do” Hyunseung looked away.

“I know, but I just want to” Junhyung said before been able to stop his damn tongue.

“What’s gotten into you?” this wasn’t the reaction he waited, but then again, Junhyung didn’t really know what kind of reaction he waited from Hyunseung.

“It’s just that... It’s been a long time since we last talked like this”

Junhyung turned to Hyunseung just when the other had turned to him, making them meet each other’s eyes. Junhyung had to gather all the strength he had to stop himself from kissing the pair of pink thin lips Hyunseung was practically offering without knowing it. Luckily for him, Hyunseung turned around before he started to lean in.

“We... used to be like this a lot, right?”

Silence fell over them, but it wasn’t a comfortable silence and Junhyung wasn’t sure what to do in order to break it. Luckily, it was Hyunseung who talked first —who know what he might have said.

“I’m sorry. Earlier, at the laundry... I was bit too much, wasn’t I?” Hyunseung said and then turned to him. His eyebrows were arched and his eyes filled with sorry, while he was biting his lower lip.

The moonlight gave Hyunseung’s pale skin this soft appearance that invites you to touch it, to feel it; his eyes, a special sheen a bit different from the one they usually had; and his pink lips, just moistened, that looked so... so appealing.

“You don’t have to feel sorry” Junhyung said, turning away “I am. I’m sorry” even though, his words were sincere. Junhyung still couldn’t believe that he had forgotten, but there was nothing he could do. He just got to ask for forgiveness and wait to be forgiven. “You’re my best friend, you know that?”

“I’m lucky I am” Hyunseung chuckled “Who knows what you might have forgotten if I wasn’t” They laughed slightly at that.

“I’ll make it up for you. I promise”

“And what are you going to do?” Junhyung seemed to think about it for a moment before answering.

“Whatever you ask me to” Hyunseung raised an eyebrow and looked at him amused. “I’ll do anything you want. Just name it”

It was really cute how it made Hyunseung’s eyes shine even more. And it was even cutter how he smiled at every voiced wish that Junhyung accomplished (higher! Jump higher!); how he laughed at Junhyung’s fails (you definitely shouldn’t act cute!) or how he pouted and whined when Junhyung told him it was too late to eat ice cream (but I want it now!). That bright smile, his shiny doe eyes, his throaty laughs, his whinny voice and cute pout. Junhyung loved all that and more. He loved them so much that he wasn’t sure if he was making it up for Hyunseung or for himself.

“Ok, you have one last wish” Junhyung said, which made Hyunseung complain in displeasure. Junhyung wouldn’t have minded if Hyunseung asked him for one thing after another endlessly, he loved to spoil him after all, but they needed to sleep and he knew Hyunseung wouldn’t be finishing this anytime soon. “Make a wise choice”

Hyunseung pouted and whined a bit before sitting down beside Junhyung again. With furrowed brows and pursued lips he kept his eyes the sky—he seemed to be thinking. Suddenly, his eyes went wide open and Junhyung was sure he had already decided what he wanted.

“Decided already?” Hyunseung looked at him for a brief moment and then looked at his hands again before nodding slightly in affirmation. “So? What is it?”

“I... I want you to help me with noona’s birthday party”

Junhyung’s smile faded away as Hyunseung voiced his last wish. Hyunseung lifted his gaze and looked at Junhyung with hopeful eyes, but the later wasn’t able to hold it and turned away.

“Please” the dancer added with soft voice when the other kept silent.

“Don’t you have another wish?” Junhyung asked while looking at anything but Hyunseung.

“You said you would do anything”

“Anything but that”

“Wae?” at this point Hyunseung’s voice sounded a bit angry, so did Junhyung’s.

“Because...” but it Junhyung’s case, he was more exasperated than angry because he was having a hard time trying to find an acceptable excuse and Hyunseung’s burning gaze in him wasn’t helping “Because... she doesn’t like me!”

As Hyunseung averted his eyes from him, Junhyung knew that what he said was right: Natsuki didn’t like him —not that he cared anyway.

“What makes you think that?” Hyunseung asked looking at his hands. 

Actually, Junhyung didn’t have any reasonable reason to believe she indeed disliked him; but he knew it wasn’t different either. He was sure she didn’t like him, but he wasn’t sure why. One good reason could be that he bullied her —it wasn’t anything big and he just did it when others weren’t around.

“Well, she prepares drinks for everyone but me when we train” that was the first thing that came to Junhyung’s mind. It was true, but not that Junhyung really cared about it.

“She brings you coke” it was also true.

“She purred water all over me the other day” when it was supposed to be the other way.

“It was an accident and she also got wet” but that wasn’t enough for Junhyung.

“She didn’t tell me about your birthday party!”

“She didn’t tell any of the guys either until the last minute”

Junhyung’s voice was getting more and more exasperated as Hyunseung seemed to find an excuse for Natsuki’s behaviour. Suddenly he remembered a big one and he was sure Hyunseung wouldn’t be able to deny it.

“AND she asked the guys to sign her poster and t-shirt of B2ST, but she never asked me EVEN when I was there too”

Hyunseung opened his mouth to say something but Junhyung dared him to say something with his eyes and then he closed it again. He lowered his head and looked to his hands, avoiding any eye contact with the rapper since he knew that what he had just said was right. He was also there when she did it and he also heard her say she had everything she wanted already so she could leave. And she did it.

“Why don’t you try to get on her good side then?”

“Why should I, Seung?” she took you away from me

“Because... she’s important to me” that wasn’t exactly the reason Junhyung wanted to hear and it was even worse than to hear she was his girlfriend “and you’re my best friend” Junhyung turned to his side to look at him. Hyunseung did the same “is it wrong for me to want you to get along?”

Junhyung turned away, thinking what to say; trying to get up to avoid Hyunseung’s eyes, but the later held him by the arm and pleaded.

“Please”

Feeling the hands on his arm shaking a bit, Junhyung turned to his friend making his heart almost stop at the sight. There was Hyunseung showing him his bets puppy eyes and cute pouty lips. In no time, Junhyung could felt his cheeks getting flushed and he had to tear his gaze away Hyunseung before he noticed it.

“Don’t do that” Junhyung said trying to sound annoyed, but Hyunseung got it otherwise.

“Wae? Is it working?” he asked with excitement. However, Junhyung ignored him.

Hyunseung was tugging Junhyung’s arm to get his attention and he had practically shouted in his ear but the rapper kept on ignoring him. Finally, he decided to use his last recourse: he sat on Junhyung’s lap.

This wasn’t weird for them. Yoseob usually sat on everyone’s lap since he liked to be pampered by them and Dongwoon liked to pull any of them to sit on his lap because he liked to pamper them. Even Doojoon. And even though Hyunseung rarely sat on anyone’s lap, he knew it was impossible for Junhyung to ignore him if he kept looking at him while sitting on his lap. And it worked.

Feeling the other’s weight on his lap, Junhyung couldn’t keep on avoiding Hyunseung and looked at him. He didn’t miss the change into Hyunseung’s expression when he did it; from an amused look into a pleading one —puppy eyes and pouty lips, although his eyes couldn’t hide the amusement in them.

“OK! fine! I’ll do it, happy?” Junhyung had to accept Hyunseung’s request to stop the aegyo attack.

Hyunseung’s eyes went wide open and the pout disappeared.

“Really?”

“Deh” Junhyung assured him, putting his hands on the other’s hips “I said I would do anything after all, didn’t I?”

A bright smile made its way to Hyunseung’s thin lips and it reached his eyes but it disappeared again.

“Are you saying it seriously? You’re not joking with me, right?” Hyunseung asked with worry as he couldn’t really believe what the joker was saying. Junhyung smiled and pinched softly Hyunseung’s chubby cheek to pull him closer.

“Of course I’m not, you dummy” and as soon as he said it, Hyunseung’s face lighted up again. He threw his arms to Junhyung’s neck taking the joker by surprise and making him fall back to the hard floor. Luckily they already sat on the floor so it didn’t hard that much.

They’re position could have been weird, but none of them complained. Junhyung didn’t because this was probably the closest he could be with Hyunseung, while the later seemed to have found a really comfortable cushion. Just when he heard —and felt— a long breathe in his ear, Junhyung did notice that Hyunseung had fallen asleep on him. They were still laying on the carton so it wasn’t cold, but he had to move really slowly to reach the blanket and pull it over them.

Making a big effort he lifted his head to look at Hyunseung and appreciate his sleeping face. It was something he had always liked to do, even before he realized his feeling for him, even when he tried to get rid of those feelings and he was sure he will still like to do even if he isn’t the one with Hyunseung.


He reached his hand to cares Hyunseung’s cheek and to remove his fringe from his eyes, placing a lock of hair behind his ear. Suddenly, Hyunseung’s body stirred to find a more comfortable position on Junhyung’s body. Junhyung stayed still and let him make himself comfortable. He was sure he would get a backache the next day, but he wouldn’t mind less. As long as it was for Hyunseung, Junhyung wouldn’t mind doing anything

____________________________________________

 

short chapter again..

uhh... classes have started already and I wont have much time to write. But I'll try to write at least few lines per day. 

this wont be too long so I'll try to finish it soon.

thanks for reading guys, love you.

please drop a comment, they make me happy :)