13: Face off

When You Love someone else...

 

13: Face off

He’s body felt as hot as hell, so the wet-clothing that was placed on his forehead felt really good. But the bed, hot and wet from his sweat, felt uncomfortable. He stiffed to his side and tried to move, but he’s body felt heavy. He tried just few times, and was about to give up when he felt cold hands helping him to move to the side. As they moved him he heard voices, many voices that sounded far away; and then, slowly reaching him. At the beginning he couldn’t say whose voices were those, but as it got clearer he could recognize a throaty but soft voice talking to him: Hyunseung. He heard another voice but he couldn’t recognise it. He was sure it wasn’t of any of the members, neither of their manager-hyung. 

It was a girl; he was sure of that, but he wasn’t sure who it was.

“The fever is going down already” the girl said. He felt a soft warm hand caressing the back of his hand while another smaller —and a bit cold— hand felt his forehead.

Shimmering light welcomed his eyes when he opened them.

“He’s waking up”

“Jun? Do you hear me?”

There was he, Hyunseung, looking at him with concerned eyes. That explains the shimmering light, he thought while admiring the dancer’s natural beauty. His pretty doe eyes were looking at him with strong worried gaze, light pout on his rosy thin —and now he could ad ‘soft’ in his description— lips, half of his body leaning over him.

“Junnie, are you ok?” he nodded in response thinking about how nice his name sounded coming from Hyunseung’s lips.

Even though he loved the sight, he still didn’t get why Hyunseung was so worried about him. Did something happen? He looked around and recognised his room. Wasn’t he sleeping in Hyunseung and Dongwoon’s shared room? How did he end up there? In his own room?

“What happened?” he asked trying to incorporate himself, but another pair of hands pushed him back on bed by the shoulders.

“Don’t get up yet” he turned to the voice that held him. Natsuki

“You’ve just fainted. It’s better if you rest for a bit”

Fainted? When did him…

Don’t leave me, please don’t leave me.

The words he had said when he was high came to his mind. He cursed himself in his mind as he closed his eyes again, not able to look at Hyunseung at the moment. He was scared. Scared at how the other had reacted to it. He tried to think fast of an emergency escape to the situation, but he couldn’t find any. Maybe he could blame his fever to it. Yeah, he could say that he’s had a really bad nightmare —and he wouldn’t be lying— where everybody left him alone —maybe just a little— so when he saw Hyunseung he couldn’t help but say what he had said.

His expression probably showed his confusion because Hyunseung explained to him how had he ended up in his own room. He said that when he came in, Junhyung had greeted him with an incoherent rambling —which meant he didn’t get a word of what he said— and a tight hug. After that he fainted and Natsuki found them there —she and Seung had arrived together— and she’s the one who helped Hyunseung carry Junhyung to his room.

 

 

They had to go to the recording studio, but Junhyung had to stay at home and rest. However, none of them could stay with him. It was bad enough to have one member missing; it would be a total chaos if another one was missing too. So Natsuki volunteered to take care of him while the rest of them were out. Great, just great. His favourite person was going to stay with him.

Sigh. Really, what has he done in his previous life to deserve this? Not just he couldn’t be with Hyunseung at the moment but he would have to go another day, alone. Plus he was going to be taken care of by someone who hated him.

“Take this” Natsuki told him suddenly, cutting his trail of thoughts.

He looked at pill in front of his face and then looked at Natsuki with his glassy tired eyes.

“Take it” she insisted, but he still refused to obey. “It’s going to make your fever down” 

He turned around and made himself comfortable in bed.

“Oh, come on! Don’t be childish. It’s just a pill”

“How can I know you’re not trying to kill me” wow, his voice sounded really tired and sore. He didn’t look at her, but he could almost hear her roll her eyes and throw her head backwards in despair.

“Look, I might not like you, more like I kind of hate you and I surely would like to get rid of you; but I don’t want to go to jail and much less I want Hyunseung to hate me”

He was imagining her in jail with an orange uniform cleaning the bathrooms and eating on the floor. Ok, that image wasn’t anything near pleasant. Then again, she said Hyunseung would hate her. Would he really do it? Would he really hate her because of him? Does that mean Junhyung is an important part of Hyunseung’s life?

“So now, could you take the pill? Please!”

Oh, right. She was still there.

He looked at the pill in her hand again and then at her again… and looked away, making her growl in frustration. It was fun to see her like that.

“Ok, you leave me no choice” and she left the room.

Junhyung didn’t hear anything for a couple of minutes and he wondered what she was planning to do, what was her other choice.

Suddenly he felt the covers being pulling out off him and then someone sitting on top on him, making him dig his face in the pillow.

“Stay still or you’ll hurt yourself” it was Natsuki.

“Yah! Get the hell off of me!” aish, this sore voice made his demand sound anything but scary.

Soon he felt her hand pulling down the hem of his pyjama and boxer down. He widened his eyes. It wasn’t what he thought it was, right? It wasn’t that!

With a big effort he looked back at her and saw an injection in her hand.

IT WAS!!!

 

 

Junhyung wasn’t sure how long had he slept, but judging by the darkness…. Well he didn’t exactly remember what time it was when he last woke up so he wasn’t sure if it was day or night. He wasn’t even sure what day it was. And it was weird. If felt weird to wake up alone in the middle of the night, in the darkness of a room. It felt almost like a dream. Was it a dream? That would be good, so he would really wake up in the apartment with his band mates. Then what if it wasn’t a dream? What if it’s real?

“Feeling any better?” a voice said. It was Natsuki. She was standing by the door with a tray of food in her hands.

“What are you doing here?” he asked not really nicely. His voice was less sore and raspy.

“I’m volunteering. It’s good to help the needed ones once in a while” she just shrugged her shoulders while answering.

“So now you’re a philanthropist”

“I’ve always been” she placed the tray of food on his legs. “Here, eat” and then sat on the bed with her back facing Junhyung while she looked for something in her bag. 

“What is this?”

“For what I know it’s food”

“I mean all of this” He said vocalising word by word, making sure she gets the message. “You here taking care of me and now preparing food for me? Have we jumped on a parallel dimension were we get along? Because I certainly don’t remember that”

She turned to him and blinked twice at him.

“Don’t be stupid” She turned back to her bag and kept digging in “Of course we haven’t”

“Then, why are you doing this? And don’t try to fool me with the philanthropy because I don’t believe it” Not coming from her obviously.

“Well, that… Aish! Where is it?”

“You want something from me, don’t you? That would be the only explanation for”

“Oh, stop it!” She spat at him as she stopped looking for whatever she was looking in her bag and turned to him “Fine, maybe I do want something. But it’s not from you” again, she turned to her bag and continued digging into it “Seriously; stop being such drama queen. You don’t have anything I would want, anyway. Except maybe…” and she stopped both her speaking and her actions. It was as if she was about to say something she didn’t want to say.

Junhyung didn’t really catch what she last said, but something told him that it was worth trying to know what it was. Maybe he should pretend he heard and she would spill the beans.

“I do have something you want, eh?”

“Here it is!” She exclaimed as she held a pill container in her had.

“What could it be?” he continued analysing “It must be something you care about or you wouldn’t want it”

Both shared a glare as she opened the container and took two pills that then she gave to Junhyung.

“Take this” she said holding two pills in her right hand and a glass of water in the left one.

“And it’s something important or you wouldn’t be this nervous” he ignored her.

“I’m not nervous. Take this” she repeated, but Junhyung ignored her again and continued.

“Does it have anything to do with seung?”

When she averted her eyes from his —even if it was for barely two seconds— Junhyung knew he was right. It did have something to do with him.

“Oh~ so it’s about Hyunseung. What do I have from Seung? His unconditional friendship? ‘cause you know I’m his best friend and that’s something you’ll never have. You’ll never be able to get me out of his heart, because I’m his best friend. Even as his girlfriend, no matter what you do, you’ll never be able to make him love you more than he loves me ‘cause you know he loves me more than he mmmfff—“ and before he could continue, Natsuki shoved the two pills into his mouth and then forced the water down his throat.

“You’re an !” she said while gathering her belongings into her bag once again, not caring whether Junhyung chocked to death or not.

“But Hyunseung loves this ” he managed to say while trying to catch his breath.

She was about to fire back, but before she could do it they heard someone shouting from the living room.

“We’re Home!!” it was Yoseob.

It didn’t take the other much to enter behind Yoseob and soon they all came to his room to check on him.

“Oh~ your fever has gone down already” Hyunseung said as he felt his forehead with the back of his palm —he would have liked it to be forehead to forehead, but he knew better than to dream that.

“Well, my job’s done. Now I have to go” said Natsuki from the door of his room. After a little good bye she left with Hyunseung following behind. He said he was going to see her off. Junhyung wanted to complain and say he needed Hyunseung by his side, but even being his best friend that was excessive. Or so he thought, so he had no other choice than to sulk and curse to her under his blanket.

“We really are lucky to have her” suddenly Doojoon’s voice said as he was about to drift to dreamland AGAIN “If it wasn’t for her, manager hyung would have been mad other of us was missing”

“She probably just did because of Hyunseung” came Junhyung’s reply. He didn’t want to own her anything.

“No, this time she did it for you. Because she wants to get along with you”

Junhyung scoffed at that. Really? After all they have said to each other? She probably just…

“Why do you think she skipped work today?”

…she did what?

“And I’m sure they’re going to discount it from her pay-check”

What? No, she wouldn’t do it. Why would she do it? Why… it didn’t make sense. AT ALL!

 

 

Few days passed by and Junhyung was back to be healthy again. Now though, there was something bugging him: Natsuki. He knew that in the café she just earned enough to live and pay her studies, yet she didn’t think twice when she decided to stay with Junhyung and take care of him while he was sick.

She wanted something from Junhyung? Maybe all she wanted was to be friends with him or at least get along. Why couldn’t Junhyung accept it? Why did he have to be so selfish? Why couldn’t he accept the fact that she was important to Hyunseung the same way Hyunseung was important to him. Why?

This couldn’t be like this forever, and Junhyung knew it. He needed to accept it. Rather that, or make himself to the idea of never being friend with Hyunseung again, because, if they kept on fighting because of her, he was sure Hyunseung would end up taking her side and breaking their friendship. And that was something Junhyung couldn’t afford.

So, here he was now. At the dance studio where they practice. He actually had come to pick Hyunseung up —the others were at the parking lot in the van— but he also knew Natsuki was there, so he decided to… erm… apologise… start anew with her —if that was possible.

However, nothing could have prepared him for what he witnessed.

“What the hell was that?” Hyuna asked with stern voice “Care to explain to me, because I don’t think I’m getting it right”

However, Natsuki avoided looking at her and lowered his head.

“You’re not denying it... Are you for real?” Natsuki kept silent “I can’t believe it”

Junhyung could see Hyuna breathing in and out trying to control the anger building inside her. She waved her hands in an exasperated way and turned around to leave, but then she turned again to face Natsuki and she finally exploded.

“How could you do this? To us; to him?!” At this point Hyuna was yelling at Natsuki as her eyes stated to get watery from anger or sadness or maybe for both reasons “Don’t you know what you mean to him?!”

“Of course I know. I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t” that was it. Junhyung felt his blood boiling in his veins when she said that. So she didn’t care about Hyunseung as she said? She was false and she didn’t care to hurt Hyunseung. He wasn’t going to let that happen and Hyuna thought the same. Junhyung knew she did since she took two steps closer to Natsuki and slapped her face really hard. So hard that it make her step back as her face turned to the side. It surely was going to leave a red mark.

“I used to admire you. I can’t believe this is the real you” a tear rolled down Hyuna’s face as she said it with breathy voice.

“Sorry to disappoint you. And yes, this is the real me” Natsuki said as she caressed the cheek Hyuna had just slapped. “So? What are you going to do about it? No, what can you do about it?” she asked with a defying look in her eyes.

“I’m going to tell him, of course” Natsuki scoffed at that and rolled her eyes before looking straight to Hyuna’s eyes with a challenging gaze and crossed arms over her chest.

“Ok, go ahead and tell him. Go tell Hyunseung what you know. I seriously doubt he’s going to believe you” as much as he hated to admit it, Junhyung had to agree with her. Hyunseung believed anything Natsuki said and it was practically impossible for him to believe she could do anything bad. Even if Hyuna were able to tell Hyunseung what she knew about Natsuki —whatever it was— he was sure Hyunseung wouldn’t believe her and if Natsuki denied it —which she surely would do— Hyuna would be nothing but a liar.

“I’m not going to be your accomplice in this. I refuse”

“You have no other choice; unless you want to become a liar in front of them” Hyuna’s jaw fell in disbelieve, so did Junhyung’s. “No one’s going to believe you, and you know that”

Hyuna was looking at her with a mixture of sadness and anger and disgust. But there was nothing she could do. Natsuki was right. No one was going to believe her. She just lowered her head and kept silent as her answer. However, she wasn’t planning on giving up.

“I don’t care if no one believes me” Hyuna said in low voice. She lifted her head and looked at Natsuki with a strong glare “If I tell them, I would have sow the doubt”

That’s right. If Hyuna told them, it would be easier for the rest of BEAST to believe that Natsuki is not the girl they think she is.

“Don’t make me obligate you” Natsuki said with an unsure gaze.

“If I tell them, even if they don’t believe me they’ll keep an eye on you” Hyuna ignored her comment and kept talking while walking to her ”What can you do about it?”

“You leave me no choice”

Hyuna was about to say something else when Natsuki took a small envelop from her bag and gave it to Hyuna.

“What’s this?” she asked, a little afraid of what might be inside it.

“What the journalists will see if you tell Hyunseung or any of them”

Slowly, Hyuna opened the envelopment and took what was inside: Pictures. She got pale.

From his hideout, Junhyung saw how Hyuna’s hands trembled, she started hyperventilating and her face got pale as she watched one by one the pictures Natsuki had given her. When she finished Hyuna started ripping apart every picture, shoved them into the envelopment again and threw it in the trash bin.

“You don’t really believe those are the only pictures I have, right?” Natsuki scoffed, earning it a glare from Hyuna. She chuckled.

“Your fans love you, Hyuna-yah. If this goes out, they’ll support you, I’m sure of that” She said in an annoying sweet tone “However, I can’t say the same about him. You know some fans can be... possessive” the sweet tone was still there, but there was also a smirk adorning her lips.

Wait, does it mean that Hyuna is...

“Who knows what they would do when they discover their pretty Hyuna is dating a simple college guy”

“You wouldn’t dare...” how could her do it, if she was in the same situation. She was nobody dating an idol. They were in the same situation...

“Oh, yeah, I would” but she didn’t care “I’ve done it before”

Both Hyuna and Junhyung were taken aback. What did she meant by that?

“Who do you think send the paparazzi to Junhyung and Hara?”

“it was you?” it was her? It was because of her that Junhyung was in this fake relationship with Hara? It was all her fault!!

“You’re brilliant” she said, her voice full of sarcasm “anyway, you’re gonna help me if you don’t want me to spread this to the media”

Natsuki walked to the trash bin and took the envelopment Hyuna had throw few minutes ago saying that it was dangerous to leave it there.

Hyuna had nothing to say and Junhyung couldn’t even show up to stand at her side. If he did it, he would only put her in worst situation.

“I’m sorry” Natsuki suddenly said, making Hyuna look at her again. “For what I’m going to do” and then she felts a sharp pain in her ankle that made her fell on her knees. Natsuki had kicked her. Hard.

Hyuna looked up at Natsuki with an angry expression.

“What the hell was that for?!” she yelled while caressing her sore ankle. Natsuki got on her knees in front of her and helped Hyuna take off her Nike tennis.

“People are going to ask for your tears. You’re whinny, so a twisted ankle should cover it”

Hyuna scoffed at her. She surely was a good actress. She had even thought about that when Hyuna couldn’t even digest what he had to be accomplice of.

“What happened?” Suddenly someone said from the door. It was Hyunseung “Hyuna are you OK?” he asked, worry written all over his face.

“She twisted her ankle while dancing” Natsuki said with fake worry. “I told you to stop already”

Junhyung couldn’t believe how fast she changed characters. One minute she was threatening and kicking Hyuna, and the next she was acting all worried for the other’s state. Of course Hyunseung believed her and didn’t even ask Hyuna anything else. After checking her ankle he got up and went out to get a pack of ice, leaving alone the injured Hyuna and the one who caused it.

“You really are a good actress” Hyuna said. “I don’t know if I can be as good as you”

“Just act as you have done until now and no one will find out”

“You’ll just end up hurting him. When he finds out” Hyuna said while looking at her with disapproving eyes.

“I’ll be long gone by the time that can happen”

None of them said anything until Hyunseung arrived with the pack of ice. Junhyung knew there was little or nothing he could do by showing up so he decided to leave. He had walked out of the brooms closet as quietly as he could and luckily he wasn’t discovered. When he met the rest of BEAST members they asked him for his whereabouts and he was glad he had a good alibi for that. Few minutes later Hyunseung arrived and told them what had happened to Hyuna and that he had seen Natsuki off.

As soon as the engine was started, BEAST members got comfortable to take a sweet nap after the long day. Again, Yoseob was resting his head on their leader, Kikwang on the window and Hyunseung on Dongwoon’s shoulder who had his head rested on the dancer’s. Usually Junhyung would be jealous or he would have liked to sit with Hyunseung instead, but not this time. This time he had too much to think about. As everyone slept, Junhyung kept on replaying the scene he had witnessed. He couldn’t tell any of them since it would be like last time and he would just make Hyuna’s situation worse than it already was. Thinking of that he turned to the doe eye boy who slept soundlessly on the maknaes shoulder.

Before, he had planned to tell Hyunseung whatever he found about Natsuki being bad for him. However, right now he couldn’t be selfish and risk Hyuna’s boyfriend’s safety.

“You’ll just end up hurting him. When he finds out”

No, no one was going to hurt Hyunseung. No if he could stop them. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to one, and back to this too!! 

@___@

I'm going nust, seriously!

I have nothing else to say.

Coments are loved~~ 

Love you all my dear readers~~