10: if only you knew

When You Love someone else...

 

If only you knew

Today was a special day for the B2ST guys. Well, more waited than special. It was their day off. They had been planning what to do during this day for an entire week and luckily enough, their also idol friends MBLAQ had a day off too so both bands decided to go out together. However, plans don’t always go as... well, planned, and there was always someone to ruin it. This time it was Hyunseung.

“Come on, Hyung. It’s rare for us to have a day off the same day. You can go out with Natsu noona any other day” whined Dongwoon while tugging on Hyunseung arm. He really wanted for all of them to be together for once.

“Mianhe, Woonie. But I already promised Natsu” and they knew Hyunseung didn’t like to break a promise.

“YOU also promised ME we were going to be together ‘next time’!” maknae retorted almost yelling. All of them were taken aback by this since Dongwoon was usually calm and mature.

“I’ll make it up to you. Just tell me what you want” Hyunseung said trying to calm the maknae but it had the adverse effect.

“So you can break another promise? No, thanks” Dongwoon said bitterly and then turned around and walked away, Kikwang following behind.

“He’s a bit sensitive these days” Yoseob said trying make Hyunseung feel better, but it just made the dancer fake a smile.

“Then, I’m going.” Hyunseung said before getting into the cab.

 

It took Dongwoon like two hours to turn back to his usual self and call Hyunseung to apologise –It was Doojoon who convinced him to do it. After that he was able to have fun with his friends.

 

They were having lunch at some restaurant after two hours of bowling —MBLAQ had won so B2ST had to pay— and making silly contests about spicy food or who can take more food into their mouth when Junhyung saw someone passing by on the street. None of them had noticed it, but he did. It was Natsuki... with another guy.

Excusing himself to answer a call, Junhyung got out and, when no one was seen, he took the same way Natsuki did. He walked fast and turned around looking for her with no luck. She passed by there just minutes ago, so she couldn’t be far. And when Junhyung thought he wasn’t going to find her, he saw a girl with black pants, white shirt and black hair in a ponytail across the street with a tall muscular guy. Why was her with him? Wasn’t she supposed to be on a date with Hyunseung? Didn’t they have a promise? Maybe she lied to Hyunseung, but, where was Hyunseung?

Decided to find out what was going on, Junhyung decided to follow them and as he did, he didn’t miss the intimate touches among them —a hand in the shoulder, a hair lock behind her ear, a touch on her face, and the smiles— that looked too intimate for his liking. They went into a mini market and Junhyung also followed them inside. He saw them buying food, shampoo and well, groceries. After that they took a cab —Junhyung followed them in other— to the restaurant Natsuki worked at, she went down and then the man left.

Once the cab was out of sight, Natsuki decided to go inside the restaurant. However, before she was able to reach the door, she felt someone pulling her by the upper arm. She turned around to see who it was, but the hood and dark glasses did a very good job to hide the stranger’s identity. She tried to break free but the man had a strong grip on her arm. He dragged her to a dark alley nearby where no one came to ever and just then the stranger let go of her.

“Who the hell are you?!” she shouted at him, with demanding tone. The stranger just took off his glasses and hood, revealing a pair of sharp eyes and dark brown hair. “Junhyung? What are you doing here?”

“Wae? Surprised to see me?”

“Well, yes” she admitted still confused, but Junhyung just kept silent while looking at anything but her “Uh... so, what’s up? What are you doing here?”

“Is it fun to lie to others?” Junhyung asked, fixing his jacket and completely ignoring her question.

“Uh?”

“Is it easy? Or is it hard? Maybe you’re an actress” he lifted his gaze and looked at her with stern eyes

“What are you talking about?” she seemed confused.

“And a good one, I must say”

“Ok, I’m lost here. What the hell are you talking about?”

“I’ve always knew there was something you weren’t telling us” She flinched at that “something you were hiding even from seung... and now I know what it is”

“I-I don’t get what you’re talking about and honestly I don’t have time to--” she tried to walk away but, before she could even take a step forward, Junhyung pushed her to the wall and slammed his hands to the side of her head. Surprise and fear was written all over her face, but he couldn’t care less.

“Wae? Scared I found out the true about you?”

“I...”

“I know you’re cheating on Hyunseung. I saw you just now”

“What?!” she composed herself and scoffed at him. “Now you’re hallucinating?” She tried to break free, but Junhyung wasn’t going to let that happen.

“Don’t try to lie because it won’t work with me” Junhyung spoke venomously while holding her still. However, this time she kicked his leg and pushed him off her.

“You’re going nuts” she said before start walking away. Junhyung had to ignore the pain in his leg and run up to her before she left the alley.

“I have proves” he said making her stop and turn around to see a picture he had taken with his phone of her and that guy together. “Let’s see what Hyunseung thinks about them”

If he thought that with that she was going to give in, he was wrong. Instead, she took off her phone and started dialling some numbers, while sighing loudly.

“what are you doing?” Junhyung asked

“I shouldn’t have to, but I’m saving your from further humiliation” she said and put the phone on speaker when the call was picked.

Anyong~” sang a sweet voice from the other side “what’s up?”

“Yah! Is that how you greet your noona?”

Ani, it’s how I greet my girl” Junhyung had to roll his eyes and tried to ignore the flirty atmosphere

“Jang Hyunseung, I told you that if you can’t hold your alcohol you shouldn’t drink”

I’m not drunk, noona!” Hyunseung whined at the other side of the line

“Then you should spend less time with that joker friend of yours” she said while looking at the said man with a smirk, making the other glare at her

You know I can’t” Hyunseung said with sot voice which made her smirk fall and Junhyung raise an eyebrow and smirk triumphantly at her.  Junhyung 1 – Natsuki 0 “So, what is it?”

“Oh, right! I was wondering if you had time this weekend” come on, it wasn’t time to ask for a date, was it?

Wae?”

“Well, sister-in-law’s birthday is next week and MY BROTHER and I were planning on preparing her a little surprise dinner on Sunday” she made sure to emphasize ‘brother’ part to make Junhyung understand “And he told me to invite you too”

You weren’t going to invite me if he didn’t ask you right?

“Why should I?”

Yah!”

“Just kidding. So, can you?”

I don’t think I’ll be able too. Troublemaker’s debut is close already and we’re going to make a little show at MAMA awards

“mmm~ can’t be helped then. Well, I have to go back. See yah~” she hang up and then turned to Junhyung “I hope you are smart enough to understand why I made that call”

Junhyung couldn’t help but lower his head since he had been such an to her. He had made a wrong accusation. Oh, and how wrong!

“Look, I...”

“You know, I’m actually glad for what you did” Junhyung looked at her —arms crossed over her chest and challenging eyes— with confused eyes “because now you have dropped your facade”

And she was right. All this time he had pretended to be nice to her (yeah, sure) and treated her as he would have treated any girl (which probably would make him the worst gentleman in the world)  and right now he had just showed her what she thought of her. He had dropped his facade, just like she said.

“What can I say? You’re not my favourite person” he answered her mirroring her smile, not caring to pretend anymore.

“Neither are you mine, but at least I have a valid reason for that” she looked angry now, and Junhyung had to admit he was taken aback.

“So do I” he said taking a step closer to her

“Oh, you do?” and she took two steps closer, shortening the space between them.

“Yes, I do. Somehow you have managed to get everyone in your game but not me. And I’ll never fall into your game. You’re no good for Hyunseung and I’ll make sure you’re out of our lives, out of HIS life” he said while holding her gaze.

Natsuki scoffed and rolled her eyes at that, before turning to him with angry eyes.

“You know, I’ve tried to get along with you. I really tried. I’ve never liked you, but I’ve tried”

“Oh, did you?”

“I didn’t go to that party because you didn’t want me to. I tried to prepare your favourite dish but you rejected it, I kept calling even when you hung up on me whenever I did; I pretended it was an accident whenever you closed the door at my face; I even apologised when you ‘accidentally’ dropped water all over me. And I did it again and again...“ she said, her voice raising little by little

Just then Junhyung realised she did have noticed that was all his doing

“And you kept coming for more. Perhaps you’re a masochist” he said with a smirk

“Oh, maybe I should have said ‘Hey, seung, I’m not going to your house because your friend bullies me’. How do you think he would have felt?”

“Maybe that would have given him a reason to leave you. Do you have any idea how his fans would react if they found out? Do you know how appa Hong would react? None of them know he’s dating you and if they do it would affect his career”

“So what, you’re dating Hara, aren’t you?”

“Don’t compare yourself to Hara. She’s an idol”

“That’s why I don’t like you. So what, you can have a girlfriend but Hyunseung can’t? Just because I’m not an idol? That’s bull”

“That’s the true”

“I’m not having this conversation with you since it doesn’t concern you and because I have to work” and saying that she turned around and left Junhyung alone in the alley. He wanted to follow her, but he knew there was no use in doing it more than to prolong a useless discussion.  

He went out of the alley and started making his way back to the restaurant. They must be worried about him since he left without telling them anything. He knew Doojoon and Seungho must be going nuts wondering his whereabouts. And talking of whereabouts, Junhyung wondered where Hyunseung was. He said he was going on a date with Natsuki, but Junhyung had been with her just minutes ago and unless she had a twin or Junhyung’s eyes had gone really bad, Hyunseung wasn’t with her. So he decided to call him.

Hey, Jun. What’s up” he answered. Junhyung noticed his voice sounded breathy and agitated.

“Ani, I was bored so I decided to call you.” He lied “I’m not bothering you, am I?”

“No, of course not. We- we were having lunch and Tsuki-noona just went to the restroom, so you’re not interrupting anything” and that was one big lie.

“Oh, and are you going somewhere after that or you guys want to join us at the amusement park?” actually, Junhyung didn’t know what they were doing after lunch, but he needed to find out what was with Hyunseung.

“w-well, we were planning on going to... to the movies!” the sounded urged. He was totally lying but Junhyung couldn’t get why. Suddenly he heard someone calling him and if he wasn’t wrong, it was his dance instructor. “Natsu noona is calling me. See ya” and then he hung up.

If that was his dance instructor then it meant he was at the dance studio. Why would Hyunseung lie to them? And mostly, break his promise with Dongwoon? If he had to practice why didn’t he said so? Why would he...

“Troublemaker’s debut is close already and we’re going to make a little show at MAMA awards”

That’s right: troublemaker debut was near and everyone at CUBE had big expectations. Everyone knew how hard both Hyuna and Hyunseung had worked for this. They have done their biggest effort to make it work and Junhyung was sure it was going to be a great unit. Hyunseung was a great singer; Hyuna, a great rapper; and both were damn well dancers. It probably would have been doubtful if they were newbie’s. But they weren’t. They were well known idols with large amount of fans already. 4nias and b2uties were there for them and they sure would support them.

However, Junhyung knew Hyunseung didn’t think the same. He recalls Hyunseung said he didn’t want to disappoint anyone when appa Hong told him about the troublemaker unit.

B2ST was already popular so he didn’t really have to worry that much. But he did. He did because he knew (or more like he thought) that he was the less popular among them. Hyunseung was different. He wasn’t a good actor like Doojoon or Kikwang; he could sing but he couldn’t rap like Junhyung; he wasn’t as handsome as Dongwoon and he was so 4D that he was awkward at variety shows, not like Yoseob. Plus, they all had confidence in themselves. Hyunseung didn’t.

And Junhyung knew all this, not because Hyunseung had told him. No, he was too reserved to actually say it out loud. But he knew because he observed him. He knew because he saw the worry in Hyunseung eyes, even when he smiled. He had observed Hyunseung for too long not too notice his worries; his useless worries. Useless, yes, because that’s what they were.

If Hyunseung shared his thought with him, then Junhyung would tell him how wrong he was. He would tell him that he was actually a great actor, hiding his worries from them and faking a beauty smile not to worry them. He would tell him how handsome he was, so handsome that he was beautiful, too beautiful to be allowed. Yes, he was 4D, but that’s what made him special and that’s what his fans loved about him. And about the rap. Why does he need to rap if Junhyung could do it for him whenever he wanted? And if he wanted to learn then Junhyung would teach him again and again, and he was sure he would be able to master it.

But there was nothing he could really do about it. If he went to the dance studio now, then he would just trouble Hyunseung and that was the last thing he wanted to do. So he had no other choice than to call Doojoon and go with them.

Oh, Hyunseung. If only you knew. 

____________________________________________

I'm gonna die tomorrow. I have a test yet I was writing ><

Ok, so this chapter didn't came as I wanted but next chapter something interesting will happen... it was supposed to be in this chapter, but this came off from god knows where and I wrote it. *sigh*

don't leave me guys. I'm having a hard time with classes... like I said, I have a test tomorrow and another on saturday  x_x and the week after that I have another presentation and another exam @_@... the life of a medicine student isn't easy...