nine.

Save Me, Save You

Hyunjung didn't leave the house that Sojung had taken her to for a week. She'd found out that they were in Suwon, a town just outside of Seoul. There were many people who came and went, and Sojung wasn't there all the time either, but she made sure Hyunjung was always safe. And for some reason, the girl called Eunseo seemed to always be there.

Hyunjung had moved to the main room where the TV was and was watching some boring reality TV show when Eunseo bounced into the room.

"Hi Hyunjung! How's your day going?" Eunseo asked as she flopped down next to Hyunjung.

"Same as usual.." Hyunjung mumbled. "Yours?"

"It's been good! Have you left the house yet?" Eunseo asked.

Hyunjung shook her head. "I don't want to leave yet."

Eunseo frowned. "Why not?"

"I almost died the last time I was out of this house." Hyunjung said. "I don't want to leave."

"Ohhh..." Eunseo paused for a moment. "But you're safe here! Don't you at least want to go for a little walk?"

"No." Hyunjung said. "I don't want to leave. Not without Sojung."

"But Hyuuuunjuuuung! Come on!" Eunseo got up and pulled Hyunjung to her feet, tugging her to the front door.

"Eunseo, I don't want to go!" Hyunjung hissed, trying to pull herself away.

Just then, the front door swung open, hitting Eunseo and making her let go of Hyunjung, who rushed back over to the couch.

"Angel, we're going back to Seoul."

It was Sojung.

Sojung closed the door, then looked up at Eunseo with a frown.

"I didn't do anything!" Eunseo squeaked before she rushed off into another room.

"Do we have to go back?" Hyunjung asked.

Sojung nodded as she went to sit down next to Hyunjung. "It's safe now, I promise. You're going to be safe."

Hyunjung took a deep breath before nodding. "Okay. Let's go."

The two got up from the couch and left the house. Outside was a car that Hyunjung didn't recognise.

"Where's your car?" Hyunjung asked, frowning.

"In for repairs." Sojung said. "So I have this for now."

"What happened for it to need repairs?" Hyunjung looked at Sojung suspiciously.

"...I don't think telling you would be a good idea, so just get in and let's go." Sojung said, opening the passenger door for Hyunjung.

Hyunjung got in with a sigh. "Tell me."

Sojung sat in the driver's seat before turning to Hyunjung. "My car got shot at. A lot. It happened when I had to go back to Seoul pretty much straight after that incident. We're out of danger now, angel."

"You promise?" Hyunjung looked up at Sojung.

Sojung nodded. "I promise. I wouldn't be taking you back if it wasn't safe."

Sojung started the car and they both sat in silence for a while as Sojung drove. They listened to music for a bit on the radio, and then a news report came on just as they were entering Seoul.

"Seoul's gang problem is on the rise. Last week there was a gun fight which resulted in the death of five men. The story goes that a drug deal had gone wrong and the men were murdered by Chu Sojung and her gang, but as usual, there's no evidence to prove it." One of the radio hosts said.

"So who exactly is Chu Sojung, you may be wondering? Well, as it goes there's not much information on her. From what we know, she came from a good family. She was a good student, and everything was looking bright for her." The other radio host said.

"ers." Sojung mumbled. "They don't know anything about me."

"Apparently she got into a gang in high school, and the details become hazy from there. But anyway, if you're out in the city tonight be careful. Don't stay out too late, and don't be alone." The first radio host said, before they started to play a song.

"I bet my parents have been speaking to the media again." Sojung sighed.

"How do you know?" Hyunjung frowned.

"Because every couple of months they report the same bull story about me coming from a good home or whatever." Sojung laughed. "They don't even know me."

They eventually reached Sojung's penthouse. They went up in the elevator together and Hyunjung was just ready to go to bed, when she heard a scream.

"I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK!"

It was Soobin.

"Soobin?" Hyunjung frowned, turning to see the other girl stood looking very angry. "How did you get here?"

"She's been pestering me for the whole week." Sojung mumbled. "I told her I would bring you back today. She wanted to see you."

"You almost died!" Soobin yelled before running over to squish Hyunjung in a tight hug. "She told me everything. I told you not to get involved in gang stuff!"

"I wasn't getting involved though, I was out on a walk--" Hyunjung started.

"Technically, you kind of did." Sojung added quietly.

"Never ever do that again! Everyone knows you were involved by the way!" Soobin whined.

"I wasn't planning on telling her that yet." Sojung sighed.

"What? Why? How do they know?" Hyunjung asked, frowning.

"There were street cameras. They could identify us all. Luckily we have enough money to keep everyone's mouths shut." Sojung said, before looking at Soobin. "You should go home now. There's someone outside to take you. Hyunjung's safe with me."

Soobin sighed. "Okay... You better keep her safe!" She said to Sojung before turning to Hyunjung. "Bye!" Then she left the penthouse.

"Let's get you in bed." Sojung said as she lead Hyunjung to the bedroom.

They both changed into some comfortable clothes and got into the bed. It was dark, and Sojung thought Hyunjung had gone to sleep, when a timid voice came from the other side of the bed.

"Am I really safe, Sojung?"

"Of course, angel."

 

Sojung was going to do everything she could to keep Hyunjung safe, whether it severely injured her or cost her all the money in the world.