thirteen.

Save Me, Save You

One year later...

 

"Well, it seems the gang issue is getting better, but at a cost. Chu Sojung's gang is now Seoul's biggest and most powerful gang, and controls most of the city. All other gangs now work under the main gang. Conflict still happens, but it's mostly resolved now. However, citizens are still not safe from the threat of the gangs. Please be careful out on the streets, and report any suspicious activity to the police."

 

One whole year with Sojung.

Life was a lot different now.

Hyunjung had graduated from university. She had her art degree and a collection of portraits and sketches of Sojung. Some were painted, some were drawn out roughly with pencils or pens. Sojung always looked beautiful to Hyunjung, and instead of taking a picture she wanted to draw Sojung. She wanted to feel the emotions she felt when she'd been drawing.

Hyunjung was also now a big part of Sojung's gang. Whenever Sojung went somewhere, Hyunjung went too. They were practically attached at the hip now. The public knew Hyunjung too, and although they weren't as terrified of her as they were of Sojung, she was still feared, but more respected in a way.

They were also both very popular with young people and pop culture. The modern world loved nothing more than a story of two lesbian gangsters taking over a city together.

But they chose to stay out of the public eye. They didn't want to turn into "celebrities" or whatever the world wanted to call them. They just wanted to be Sojung and Hyunjung.

Yes, they had the gang, but that came second.

They were both each other's priorities.

 

The two had just returned from Paris after the wedding of Meiqi and Xuanyi. Meiqi was pregnant, so they'd stepped away from the gang's activities to have a family together. Hyunjung often wondered if her and Sojung would be like that one day.

But right now they were on the couch in the penthouse, cuddled up under a bundle of blankets whilst watching a movie and occasionally sharing small kisses.

"Sojung..." Hyunjung started. "Do you think we'll ever get married, like Meiqi and Xuanyi?"

Sojung answered straight away. "Yes. I would like that."

"Really?" Hyunjung asked with a smile. "I'd like that a lot too. Nobody makes me as happy as you do, Sojung."

They shared another kiss, and it ended up getting a little heated.

The two soon forgot about the movie they were supposed to be watching.

 

Three months later...

Sojung and Hyunjung had just finished a particularly difficult job that day. So Sojung had taken Hyunjung on a drive to the sea. It was quiet as they pulled up and the sun was setting. They both got out of the car and went to sit on the hood, enjoying the view and the silence for a moment.

When Hyunjung came back to reality, Sojung was in front of her, down on one knee.

"Marry me."

Of course, Hyunjung said yes, and they shared a passionate kiss.

 

It was always going to be Hyunjung and Sojung, right from the very beginning.

There was never one without the other.

And that's how it would be for the rest of time.

 

end! i thought that i needed a short chapter to just close things up, i hope you enjoyed this fic! it was fun to write.