six.

Save Me, Save You

When Hyunjung woke up, it was already light outside. Her head was pounding and felt completely dry.

And then she noticed her lack of clothes.

Hyunjung sat up, panicking. Then she noticed a hoodie and some shorts on Sojung's empty side of the bed with a note.

You refused to put these on last night. I figured you'd want them when you woke up. The note read.

As Hyunjung began to get dressed, memories of the previous night started to return to her. She remembered drinking at the club and dancing and Sojung being there, and them more drinking, then there was a blank area, then she remembered going back to Sojung's penthouse. Then things got a little blurry, but she certainly knew what happened in the bedroom, especially because of the amount of hickeys she had all over her.

Hyunjung got up and put the hoodie and shorts on before leaving the bedroom. She needed to find the kitchen, but the penthouse was like a maze. After walking into three other rooms and catching a glimpse of Sojung in her office, but the other girl was too busy working on something,

Hyunjung eventually found the kitchen. She got herself a glass of water, then she went to the living room. She knew where that was from previous times she'd spent the night and Sojung had given her breakfast in there.

Hyunjung settled on the couch and put the TV on, watching some music show. She took a few sips from her water before putting it on the coffee table. She watched a whole movie after that before someone found her.

"Hey... Uh... Who are you? Do you work for the boss?"

Hyunjung turned and stood up. There was a girl that she'd never seen before.

"I.. I'm a friend of Sojung." Hyunjung said with a sheepish smile.

The girl frowned. "I'm not sure if I believe you."

Hyunjung began to panic. "I'm telling the truth, I swear--"

But the girl had walked across the room and grabbed Hyunjung's arm and started pulling her.

"Where are you taking me?" Hyunjung asked, trying to keep a steady voice.

"To the boss. She'll decide what to do with you." The girl growled.

They eventually reached Sojung's office and the girl pushed Hyunjung inside.

"What is it now-- Wait, what the are you doing?" Sojung quickly got up and pulled Hyunjung to her side of the desk.

"Do you know her?" The girl asked. "I found her in the living room."

"Of course I ing do, idiot. Do you think I wouldn't notice someone coming in? And she's wearing my clothes too. Cheng Xiao, you're ing stupid. Get out." Sojung hissed at the girl.

"Sorry, boss..." The girl mumbled before quickly leaving.

"She didn't hurt you, did she?" Sojung asked.

Hyunjung shook her head. "No. I just didn't appreciate being dragged from the living room all the way here."

"It's my fault though." Sojung sighed as she sat back down in her seat. "I should've told her you were here. We had an intruder once, Xiao got shot. Ever since then, she's been super vigilant about people being here."

"Is she like... Your security or something?" Hyunjung asked.

Sojung nodded. "When I'm here she'll just do patrols. She usually comes with me for business related things. Anyway, are you staying here for today? Or do you need me to drive you home?"

"I should really check on Soobin... So maybe you could drop me off at her place?" Hyunjung suggested.

"Sure, I can do that. Just give me some time to finish this, then we can go. You can keep the hoodie and the shorts, by the way." Sojung said as Hyunjung began heading to the door.

"I was planning on that anyway." Hyunjung laughed. "I don't think I could get myself back in that dress from last night even if I really wanted to."

Hyunjung went back to the bedroom to retrieve her dress and shoes, then she went back to the living room to watch TV. Twenty minutes later, Sojung came in.

"Ready to go?" Sojung asked.

Hyunjung nodded, getting up from the couch.

They headed down in the elevator and got in Sojung's car. They didn't talk much in the car, because Hyunjung was pretty much staring at Sojung and the hickeys she'd apparently left on her neck. Sojung was almost completely covered in them. Before she could stop herself, Hyunjung blurted out a sentence.

"Did I do that?"

Sojung frowned. "Do what?"

"Leave all those marks on you..." Hyunjung mumbled, her cheeks starting to turn red at the thought.

"You did." Sojung said. "I thought you didn't want to talk about last night, so that's why I haven't said anything. If you want to forget about what happened, it's fine."

Hyunjung paused for a moment, hesitating slightly before speaking again.

"Was it okay?"

"Last night? It was more than okay." Sojung grinned before laughing as Hyunjung started blushing even more. "We don't have to talk about it now. You're clearly not ready."

Conveniently, they'd arrived outside Soobin's apartment complex, so Hyunjung said goodbye and got out of the car and went inside.

Luckily, she didn't notice the black Rolls-Royce watching her every move with Xuanyi and Meiqi inside.

"Why does she have to go in there?" Meiqi groaned. "I really hate lingering around in corridors."

"You'll be fine, baby. You know I would do it, but it'd be suspicious. She knows me." Xuanyi said before leaning over to press a soft kiss to Meiqi's cheek. "Go on, I'll wait here."

Meiqi sighed and nodded before getting out of the car and headed into the apartment complex, following Hyunjung at a slow pace as to not draw attention.

 

Hyunjung entered Soobin's apartment. The other girl was slouched on the couch, wrapped in blankets.

"Why did you leave without me last night?!" Soobin instantly whined. "I had to get a ride back from someone else."

"I went back with Sojung. She told me you were with someone so you'd be fine." Hyunjung said before flopping down next to Soobin.

Soobin turned to say something to Hyunjung, before her gaze fell to Hyunjung's neck, specifically all the hickeys.

"WHAT DID YOU TWO DO?!" Soobin screamed.

"Shut up! My head is already pounding..." Hyunjung groaned, flicking Soobin's shoulder. "What does it look like we did?"

"You're getting too involved in the gang stuff, Hyunjung!" Soobin yelled. "It's dangerous!"

"I've never felt in danger with Sojung though... I mean, there was earlier when her security thought I was an intruder, but she made sure I was safe." Hyunjung said. "Why are you so bothered, Soobin? I'm not in any danger. Sojung keeps me safe."

"I just worry..." Soobin sighed. "Anyway, I feel like death after last night, and now you're here so we're gonna spend the whole day watching movies and feeling sorry for ourselves."

Soobin handed Hyunjung a few blankets and Hyunjung settled on Soobin's couch for the rest of the day.

But Hyunjung kept thinking about Sojung and what happened last night. That was the first time she'd felt anything other than friendship towards Sojung. And although she was drunk last night, she was sure she wanted more.