two.

Save Me, Save You

Hyunjung had returned from another night of working at the bar. She arrived at the door to her apartment and reached into her pocket, feeling for her key... But there was nothing.

"I swear I left it in my pocket..." She mumbled as she started rummaging around in her bag.

But it was useless. Her key was nowhere to be found. And her roommate was out of the country that week, meaning she had no way in. She ended up texting a friend, explaining the situation. The friend said she could stay over at theirs, but it was a ten minute walk in the middle of the night. Hyunjung cringed slightly at the idea, but there was no other options. All public transport had stopped at that time, so she would just have to do it.

Hyunjung left the apartment complex and began the walk. Within five minutes, she knew she was being followed by someone. She walked faster, glancing over her shoulder, and she saw the figure speed up too. Hyunjung was about to start running, when a black Mercedes-Benz pulled up next to her. The window rolled down and Hyunjung began to expect the worst.

But it was Sojung.

"Get in." She said.

Hyunjung didn't even hesitate as she ran to the passenger door and got in.

"Thank you." Hyunjung said as she turned to look at Sojung. "Someone was following me, it was the scariest thing."

"What are you doing outside so late?" Sojung asked. "Did you just finish work?"

"I lost the keys to my apartment, so I was walking to a friend's place to stay there for the night." Hyunjung said before looking around. "Is this your car?"

Sojung nodded. "Text your friend, tell them you're not coming. You're much safer with me."

Hyunjung hesitated slightly. "Are you sure? Are you not busy?"

"I just finished with my plans for the night. I'm going home. I promise, you'll be safer with me. That guy who was following you is probably getting a car now to track us down. I know who he is. He's a creep." Sojung said. "Come with me."

Hyunjung sighed. "Fine. I'll come with you."

Sojung smiled and began to drive whilst Hyunjung texted her friend, telling her that she'd been picked up by another friend and would stay with them. As they travelled, another car pulled up next to theirs. Sojung rolled the window down.

"Hey, loser. off." Sojung started. "Leave her alone."

"Hand her over, Chu." The man in the other car said.

"No way." Sojung hissed. "Get lost before you regret it."

"What's the worst you can do?" The man began to laugh.

Hyunjung watched as Sojung reached into her jacket and pulled out a pistol, pointing it at the man.

"You heard me. off." Sojung growled.

When the man didn't budge, she fired the gun. It went straight through and cracked the windscreen of the other car. After that, Sojung sped off.

"Why did you do that?! Why do you have a gun?! What the , Sojung!" Hyunjung yelled. "And you're driving way too fast! You didn't need to do that!"

"He's annoying and he's tried to take other girls before, I need the gun for protection, and we're driving this fast because someone will have called the cops from that gunshot." Sojung mumbled as she continued driving.

"I can look after myself though--" Hyunjung started.

"Listen, princess. You're with me, in my car, you're my responsibility. I would've shot him if you weren't there." Sojung said before slowing down.

Hyunjung looked up as they pulled into the garage for an apartment complex. They both got out and Sojung took out her phone to make a call.

"I'm home and I brought someone with me. She can be trusted." Sojung said before hanging up and turning to Hyunjung. "Let's go."

Hyunjung followed Sojung to an elevator that took them up to the top floor to the penthouse. They were greeted by a woman who looked like a personal assistant of some sort, but Sojung dismissed her, telling her to go get some sleep.

"Where am I going to sleep?" Hyunjung asked as she followed Sojung through the penthouse.

"My room. The bed's an emperor size. You won't even be close to me, if that's what you're worried about." Sojung said as she lead Hyunjung to the bedroom.

It was huge, and in the middle of it was a massive bed. The room was very neat, and Hyunjung could see a few expensive items dotted around the place.

Sojung disappeared into her walk in wardrobe for a moment whilst Hyunjung looked around, then she returned with a big hoodie and some shorts.

"You can wear these. They'll be more comfortable than what you're wearing. The bathroom is through the door on the right. I need to send a few emails, so make yourself at home." Sojung said with a smile before disappearing.

Hyunjung went into the bathroom to wash her face and change into the hoodie and shorts before she got herself comfortable in the big bed. She checked her phone to see she had a text from Soobin.

"I JUST HEARD A GUNSHOT OUTSIDE HYUNJUNG THE GANGS THEY'VE FOUND ME"

"i'm sure it was nothing lmao, calm down" Hyunjung texted back.

"I CAN'T SLEEP HYUNJUNG!!!! anyway are you back from work? are you safe?" Soobin texted.

"i lost my key so i was walking to sooyoung's place, but some creep was following me. luckily a friend was driving by and picked me up so i'm staying with them instead" Hyunjung texted back.

"what friend???"

"sojung"

"HYUNJUNG NO"

Hyunjung sighed, wondering how she was going to explain it to Soobin.

"i'm safe, i'm at her place. it's really late so i'm just gonna try get some sleep, hope you can calm down soon!!!"

And with that, Hyunjung put her phone down on the bedside table and closed her eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.

 

When she woke up a few hours later, it was just getting light outside and the sun was beginning to shine through the blinds. Hyunjung rolled over to see Sojung asleep on the other side of the bed. She then sat up and checked her phone to see twenty stressed out messages from Soobin, telling her that staying with Sojung was a bad idea.

It seemed that moving around so much had also woken Sojung up. The other girl looked at her clock before letting out a soft sigh.

"It's 7am, go back to sleep." She groaned. "Or at least stop moving around so much."

"Sorry." Hyunjung mumbled as she started typing out a reply to Soobin.

Sojung began to wiggle herself closer to Hyunjung and got close enough to take Hyunjung's phone and put it back down. Before Hyunjung could even reach to get it back, Sojung had pulled her to lie back down and wrapped her arms around Hyunjung.

"Back to sleep, angel.." Sojung whispered, snuggling herself up to Hyunjung.

Hyunjung didn't even try to push Sojung off. It felt a little strange to have someone hugging her like that, but she soon found comfort in the feeling and went back to sleep.