eight.

Save Me, Save You

If Sojung and Hyunjung were on a bus together, Hyunjung would be the type to sit at the front, silent and behaving. Sojung, however, would probably be sat at the back with a group of friends, laughing and yelling and causing trouble.

But sometimes, when Hyunjung was with Sojung, she wanted to be reckless. She wanted to be like Sojung.

 

", this isn't good..." Xuanyi mumbled as she raced through the university campus, trying to find Hyunjung.

Hyunjung was supposed to be in class today. But she hadn't shown up. Meiqi had been looking around outside, but it was dark. Hyunjung wasn't in any of the usual locations that they'd been to.

This was bad. Very bad.

 

Hyunjung had decided to skip class and go for a walk instead. She hardly walked around at night. Sojung always picked her up from work, so she never got to walk home anymore. Hyunjung missed how quiet it was at night.

She was walking down a quiet street when she heard raised voices. She looked around and recognised a familiar car. Sojung's car. Hyunjung slowly began to approach, she could definitely hear Sojung's voice now, along with a few male voices.

And then Hyunjung was grabbed from behind. She felt something being pressed to her temple.

A gun.

"If you scream, I'll shoot." A gruff voice growled.

"Go on, look round the corner! Either give us what we want, or she gets it." A male voice yelled.

Hyunjung watched as Sojung, Cheng Xiao, and a group of men appeared from the darkness. As soon as Sojung saw Hyunjung, her whole demeanour changed.

"No... You can't hurt her." Sojung mumbled. "Please..."

"Then hurry up and hand it over, Chu." One of the men said.

Hyunjung felt the gun pressing harder. She closed her eyes tightly, trying not to cry.

"Can you at least give me some time?" Sojung asked. "I can get it to you by tomorrow."

"That's not good enough. We want it now." The man said. "Shoot her."

Hyunjung began to cry.

"No! Please! I'll get it to you in an hour!" Sojung yelled. "Just don't hurt her."

Hyunjung hadn't opened her eyes, but she could hear the roar of an engine getting closer. Then car doors opening and slamming. And then gunshots.

Whoever was holding Hyunjung had been shot and killed and Hyunjung instantly fell to her knees, sobbing. The gunshots kept ringing through her ears, until it went silent. When she opened her eyes. She saw the dead bodies of the men, then she saw Sojung, Cheng Xiao, Xuanyi, and a girl who also seemed familiar stood in front of her. Sojung instantly rushed over, wrapping her arms around Hyunjung tightly.

"It's okay, I got you, you're safe." Sojung whispered, before she helped Hyunjung up and lead her over to her car, helping her into the passenger seat.

"What should we d-" Meiqi started, but Sojung interrupted.

"Xuanyi, Meiqi, follow me. Cheng Xiao, get in the back. We need to get out of here." Sojung said, before she got into the drivers seat of her car.

Cheng Xiao got in the backseat, and Meiqi and Xuanyi got into the black Rolls-Royce. Sojung sped off quickly and the other two followed. Hyunjung was still in shock, but now she had questions.

"S-Sojung... Why was Xuanyi there? I didn't know you knew her... She's in my class.." Hyunjung mumbled.

Sojung sighed. "I hired her to protect you. She needed information on where you go so her and Meiqi could follow you and keep you safe."

"But obviously they didn't do a good job." Cheng Xiao chimed in from the back.

"It's my fault... I skipped class today.." Hyunjung began to cry again. "I should've been on campus..."

"No, it's not your fault." Sojung said, reaching over with her hand to hold Hyunjung's. "They should've known."

They drove for a while, leaving Seoul, before they reached a house in a small town. Everyone got out of their cars, Sojung helped Hyunjung inside, and then they all went inside the house. There were already some people in there, mostly women, but a few men too. When they saw Sojung, they all got to their feet.

"Boss? What are you doing here?" One of the women asked.

"We have to lay low for a while, Eunseo." Sojung said. "And keep this one safe." She gestured to Hyunjung.

"Why though? What happened?" Eunseo asked, following the group into a room.

"They wanted something I don't have, and then they tried to kill Hyunjung, so we killed them instead. I'm not about to get sent to jail for that." Sojung said. "Don't you have anything else to do?"

Eunseo shook her head. "Nope! I finished all deliveries."

Sojung glanced at Cheng Xiao. "Can you occupy her?"

Cheng Xiao. "Sure, whatever you want."

Cheng Xiao took Eunseo's hand and the two left.

The room that Sojung, Hyunjung, Meiqi and Xuanyi were in had a few seats and a small couch. Sojung took Hyunjung over to the couch, sat down and then got Hyunjung to lie down with her head in Sojung's lap so Sojung could play with her hair to help her relax. Soon enough, Hyunjung had fallen asleep.

"So, are you going to tell me why she was there?" Sojung growled at the two.

"She was supposed to be in class. I was inside and Meiqi was outside. When she didn't show up, we went to look for her." Xuanyi started to explain.

"You didn't look hard enough though, did you? You should've NEVER lost sight of her in the first place." Sojung was trying to stay as quiet as she could so Hyunjung wouldn't be disturbed, but she was furious.

"She should've been on campus though, we followed her, she went inside and then she must've left when we weren't looking..." Meiqi mumbled.

"You weren't looking? Then what else where you doing? Do you think I hire you two to sit around all day and look at each other?" Sojung hissed. "She could've died. You know how much she means to me, she's the first friend I've had in so long that treats me like a real human ing being, and you almost let her die."

"We won't let it happen again." Xuanyi said quickly.

"Good. Now off, get out of my sight. She's staying with me. I'll text you when you're both needed." Sojung said. 

The two quickly got up and left, leaving Sojung on the couch with Hyunjung. They stayed like that the whole night. 

Sojung didn't sleep. She just stayed sat there, making sure Hyunjung was safe.

She couldn't lose her.