eleven.

Save Me, Save You

Hyunjung went back to university the next day after missing a week. She'd emailed her professor, telling him that she'd been unwell for the past week, but deep down she knew that he knew something was up.

So, when Hyunjung walked into class with Sojung trailing behind her, it was clear to say everyone certainly knew something, but was too afraid to say. So, the class continued on as normally as it could.

"Today you're all starting on your portraits. We did the rough sketch not too long ago, so this time it's the real deal." The professor was saying as everyone grabbed their easels, paper, and paint and began setting up.

Sojung watched on, looking slightly amused at the terrified glances she'd get from the students and their subjects. Then Hyunjung came along and got Sojung to sit with her feet up on the seat next to her.

"Stay like that." Hyunjung said as she began to sketch Sojung. "I need to sketch you first, then I'll add colours and stuff."

"Whatever you say, angel." Sojung said with a smile.

The whole class sketched in silence for about twenty minutes. In that time the professor had turned the radio on, since the students found it easier to draw with music on, and a news report came on.

"Gangs in Seoul. Are any of us really safe?" The first host started.

"Things seem to only be getting worse. After the biggest gang fight yet last week which left most members of the Dark Whisper dead, people are wondering when it'll stop. Why will the police not do anything? With Chu Sojung's gang only growing stronger, the city is beginning to fear for their lives." The second host said.

Sojung let out a loud sigh. "Turn that off."

Nobody moved. In fact, everyone stopped what they were doing.

"The sales of black Mercedes Benz have gone down drastically. Buildings are being blown up. People are being shot on a daily basis now. It's not safe. The people are asking one thing. Why has Chu Sojung not been--"

Sojung had got up, pulled out a gun hidden in her jacket, and shot at the radio, silencing it once and for all.

"That's something to tell all your friends about." Sojung growled, before she stormed out.

Hyunjung froze for a moment, before suddenly getting up, grabbing her bag. She mumbled her apologies before she got up and chased after Sojung, who was now already in the parking lot.

"Sojung! Come back!" Hyunjung called.

"Why? So I can listen to them all talk about me? I'm sick of hearing it, Hyunjung! Nobody knows anything about me!" Sojung yelled as she got in her car.

Hyunjung followed, getting in the passenger seat.

"Sojung, calm down, please." Hyunjung started.

"I'm pissed off, Hyunjung, how do you expect me to sit there and--"

Sojung was interrupted by Hyunjung's lips against hers, and suddenly all the rage she'd felt seconds ago was gone.

"Come back inside, please. Let me finish sketching you." Hyunjung mumbled as she pulled away.

Sojung sighed. "Fine."

Two minutes later, they were back in the classroom. The radio had now been sweeped up and put in the bin, and everyone stayed completely silent.

The rest of the lesson passed without an issue. Everyone had packed their things away and the portraits had been put in a safe place. The class were leaving, when the professor called Hyunjung back. Sojung was still sat in the seat Hyunjung had left her in, texting someone.

"Hyunjung..." The professor started. "Are you safe?"

Hyunjung frowned. "Of course I am. Why?"

The professor glanced over at Sojung. "Do you know who she is?"

Hyunjung sighed. "Yes I do. But she's my friend. I have nothing to do with her business."

"Just stay safe, okay? If you ever feel like you're in danger, please tell the authorities."

Hyunjung nodded, managing a small smile. "I will."

She headed back over to Sojung. "Let's go."

"I'm gonna have to drop you off at my place and then go. I have something to do." Sojung said as she got up and followed Hyunjung out.

"What time will you be back?" Hyunjung asked. "I was thinking of ordering food and watching movies with you."

Sojung shrugged. "I'm not sure, angel. But I'll try be quick."

They headed back to the penthouse. Sojung dropped Hyunjung off and headed off to a task she had to do whilst Hyunjung went to take a nap.

 

Sojung picked Cheng Xiao and Eunseo up from a nearby bar, then she drove a little more and picked Jiyeon up.

Jiyeon was the gang's main medic. Sojung didn't usually take her on jobs, but this one was dangerous.

The rival gang that they'd almost wiped out the other week still had two members left and they'd wanted a shoot off, fair and square. Sojung was never one to say no, so she'd agreed.

They pulled up at the empty, almost abandoned street. Jiyeon stayed in the car whilst Sojung, Cheng Xiao and Eunseo walked up to the two men stood nearby.

"I'm here, this is what you wanted." Sojung said. "And we're doing this fairly. No random bullets. You don't shoot at my car, I don't shoot at yours."

The men agreed and took their positions. Eunseo and Cheng Xiao were stood on either side of Sojung.

There was a pause.

Gunshots.

Three thuds.

The men were on the floor.

And so was Sojung.

"! Sojung!" Jiyeon yelled as she scrambled to get out of the car, running towards the injured girl. "Pick her up and get her in the back!"

Cheng Xiao and Eunseo picked Sojung up off the floor and got her in the backseat of the car. Jiyeon climbed in the back and began to treat Sojung as best as she could. Sojung was still unconscious. Cheng Xiao got in the drivers seat and sped off back to the penthouse.

 

Hyunjung was sat on the couch watching some reality TV show when the door slammed open. At first she was confused at the rush, then she saw Sojung being carried in.

"Sojung!" Hyunjung gasped, following the group into a room with a medical bed that she'd never seen before.

"Hyunjung, maybe it's best if you weren't here--" Eunseo started.

"What happened to her?! Why is she bleeding?" Hyunjung yelled, grabbing Eunseo and shaking her.

"There was a shootout. She got hurt." Cheng Xiao said from across the room.

"Can you all leave? I need quiet." Jiyeon said. "And I've called a few people to help, let them up when they get here."

The group left. Hyunjung returned to the couch and was shaking. She couldn't lose Sojung.

"I'm sure she'll be okay, Sojung is strong." Cheng Xiao said quietly, before getting up to let a group of medics in.

The medics went into the room where Sojung was being treated.

Now all they could do was wait.

 

Four hours later, the medics had left the penthouse and Jiyeon had emerged from the medical room.

"She's okay. We got the bullet out and stopped the bleeding. It didn't hit anything major. She just needs some rest." Jiyeon said. "She's awake now if anyone wants to see her--"

Hyunjung instantly got up and ran into the medical room where Sojung was sitting up on the bed.

"Angel, I am so sorry..." Sojung started.

Hyunjung shook her head, rushing over to hug Sojung. "I thought you were dead..."

Sojung laughed a little as she wrapped her arms around Hyunjung. "Sorry, that was me just being dramatic. I was nowhere close to being dead. The shock of the bullet knocked me out cold."

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again." Hyunjung mumbled.

"And I'm fine with that." Sojung grinned.

 

But Hyunjung was planning something.

She wanted to hurt the ones who had hurt Sojung.