seven.

Save Me, Save You

"hey, i got my assignment. it's portraits. can you come to campus this afternoon so i can draw a rough sketch of you?"

"Sure, anything for you, angel."

 

Hyunjung was sat at the university's entrance waiting for Sojung. The professor had told students they had until the afternoon to find their subjects. Most students were panicking trying to find someone, but Hyunjung had Sojung.

Eventually, Hyunjung saw Sojung's black Mercedes park up. Sojung got out and walked over to Hyunjung. It seemed that today Sojung had gone for an intimidating look. She was dressed in all black. She was wearing a leather jacket, black jeans, and Hyunjung was sure she was wearing some kind of bulletproof vest.

"Hey. Sorry I didn't get to change into something more colourful, I was working when you texted. But don't worry about it, Cheng Xiao's dealing with it all." Sojung said with a smile.

"It's alright, we're just doing sketches today. I can just practice on different shades of... Black." Hyunjung said as she took another look at Sojung's outfit, only to notice the gun in Sojung's holster attached to her belt. "Let's go." Hyunjung smiled sheepishly before leading Sojung into the building.

Sojung seemed fascinated by the university building. She'd never gotten to visit a university campus before.

"Do you ever get lost?" Sojung asked.

"When I first started I got lost all the time. I used to live on campus. It was such a long walk from my room to class. I got lost all the time then." Hyunjung said before she reached to hold Sojung's hand to lead her along faster.

"But you know where everything is now? It's all so big. And fancy." Sojung mumbled.

"Because this is the arts section. I know where everything is." Hyunjung laughed.

They reached the classroom and Hyunjung entered with Sojung. There were already a lot of students in there talking who all went silent when they saw Sojung. Hyunjung took her usual seat before turning to Sojung.

"So, what are you gonna do after this?" Hyunjung asked.

Sojung shrugged. "Probably go back to work? I have some things to take care of later. What are you doing after this?"

"I'm gonna go home for a nap before work. It's gonna be busy tonight..." Hyunjung groaned. "It's quiz night."

"Quiz night?" Sojung tried to hold back her laughter. "Are you the quiz master?"

Hyunjung shook her head. "Of course not. I'd rather die. When it's busy I do bar work and I'm also a waitress. It ."

"Why do you work there then? You sound like you don't like it." Sojung frowned.

"It's not like there's anywhere else for me to work." Hyunjung said with a sigh. "I'd do anything to get out of there."

Sojung was about to speak, then she hesitated and shook her head. "Never mind, what I was gonna say isn't a good idea."

"Tell me anyway." Hyunjung said.

"No, it was stupid. And you'd be too involved with my business. I don't want that." Sojung said. "Anyway, I think your professor just walked in."

"Okay students! We're going around the room, and I want everyone to introduce who they've brought to sketch." The professor said as he sat at his desk.

Everyone went around the room and introduced their subject. Most people had people they'd just met. Some had random people they'd paid from the street. And then there was Hyunjung.

"Hi, this is Sojung." Hyunjung said with a small smile. "She's... She's a..." Hyunjung glanced at Sojung.

"Boss of a company." Sojung finished.

"Yeah. That." Hyunjung said awkwardly.

Everyone in the class was staring at the two. Some of them looked terrified. Then the professor spoke up.

"...How did you manage to get her to be your subject?" He asked, trying to word his sentence carefully.

"We met not too long ago at the bar I work at. There was nobody else I could ask. Sojung volunteered." Hyunjung said.

There was a pause as everyone didn't know what to say or how to react, before the professor managed to move onto the next person.

After that, the sketching began. Everyone took out their sketchbooks.

"Just sit in whatever position you're comfortable in." Hyunjung mumbled. "It won't take too long."

"Alright, angel. Tell me if you need me to do any fancy poses." Sojung said with a grin before getting herself comfy in her seat.

Sojung ended up sitting with her legs up on the seat next to her. Because of the way she was sitting, Hyunjung could see Sojung's gun fully now. Sojung knew Hyunjung had seen it, and had just wiggled her eyebrows. In response, Hyunjung rolled her eyes and continued sketching.

An hour later and the class had ended. Hyunjung was leading Sojung back out to the parking lot, but she'd been feeling extremely flustered after focusing on all of Sojung's features for an hour. Sojung was extremely attractive and had been doing things to tease Hyunjung, like exposing certain areas of skin, or tilting her head slightly so the fading hickeys could be seen.

They'd reached the university entrance and Sojung was about to leave.

"Maybe I'll drop by at quiz night. But text me when you're finished with work so I can take you home." Sojung was saying as she fished in her pocket for her car keys. "Is that alright. angel? Hyunjung? Hello? Are you listeni-"

Hyunjung suddenly surged forwards, pushing Sojung up against the wall as she pressed her lips against Sojung's. Hard.

Sojung was taken by surprise, but quickly kissed back, her arms wrapping around Hyunjung's waist before she eventually pulled away.

"Did you hear anything I said before?" Sojung asked.

Hyunjung shook her head. "I really needed to do that..."

"I can tell." Sojung laughed before leaning in to kiss Hyunjung again before letting go of her. "Text me when your shift finishes if I'm not there already. I'll pick you up. We're continuing whatever that was later. See you later, angel."

Hyunjung watched as Sojung walked out of the campus grounds and to the parking lot, then she watched her drive away. She wanted nothing more than to go with Sojung to wherever she was going. She was tempted to call Sojung to come back, when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"...Was that your girlfriend?" A small voice asked.

Hyunjung turned around. It was Luda. She didn't see Luda often as they were on opposite sides of campus, but Luda for some reason was in the arts section.

Hyunjung shook her head. "No... Just a friend."

"A friend who you make out with? Interesting." Luda cooed, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up." Hyunjung grumbled, flicking Luda's shoulder gently. "Anyway, what are you doing on this side of campus?"

"I heard there was a big gangster! I wanted to take a picture." Luda said. "Do you know where they went?"

Hyunjung hesitated for a moment before speaking. "That was her. She just left."

Luda's eyes widened. "Your girlfriend is a gangster? No way!"

Hyunjung groaned. She instantly regretted telling Luda.

 

When she'd finally managed to leave campus and escape from Luda, Hyunjung went back to her apartment, took a nap, then woke up and got ready for work.

When she arrived at Cosmic Bar, it was already packed. Hyunjung got herself behind the counter to help out the other employees. They all knew the night was only going to get busier.

Luckily, Hyunjung didn't notice Xuanyi and Meiqi sitting in the crowded area.

"Can we take part in quiz night?" Xuanyi whined. "Pleeeaaase?"

Meiqi shook her head. "No, we'll get caught."

Xuanyi sighed. "Fine... But when we're free, we're going to a quiz night, or maybe even karaoke!"

"Whatever you want, babe." Meiqi said, pulling Xuanyi into a hug.

The bar stayed packed all night. Hyunjung ended up working a little later than usual and her and the other employees had to get everybody out at closing hours before cleaning up. It was 3am by the time it was all done with, so Hyunjung texted Sojung.

"my shift is finished."

"I'm outside." Sojung texted back.

Hyunjung grabbed her jacket and left the bar. Sojung's car was parked outside. She got in to see Sojung had a burst lip and a black eye.

"What happened to you?" Hyunjung frowned, moving closer, her hands cupping Sojung's cheeks.

"It was just business stuff.." Sojung mumbled. "Nothing to worry about. It doesn't hurt that much."

"Are you sure? It looks sore." Hyunjung said, her thumb gently tracing over Sojung's lip.

"It's fine, I promise. Let's just get you back to my place. You look tired." Sojung said.

Hyunjung let go of Sojung's face and Sojung started to drive.

"It was really busy." Hyunjung said. "I just want to sleep..."

The conversation there as Hyunjung curled up in her seat, closing her eyes. Sojung turned the radio on, but kept it at a lower volume, yet Hyunjung could still hear the news playing.

"There was another murder tonight. Reports are saying that it was gang related. Gang crimes are on the rise in Seoul. The public are advised to keep safe and report any suspicious activity."

"Did you do that?" Hyunjung mumbled, her eyes opening slowly to look up at Sojung.

Sojung shook her head. "I didn't shoot them. But I was there."

"What happened?" Hyunjung asked, sitting up a little.

"It was just a drugs exchange. They were going to take it without paying. Someone tried to shoot me, but Cheng Xiao got there first." Sojung said. "There was a fight though."

"I hate the thought of you getting hurt." Hyunjung said.

"You know I'm okay though, angel." Sojung said, holding out her hand so Hyunjung could hold it.

"I know..." Hyunjung sighed, squeezing Sojung's hand tightly. "I just worry."

They arrived at the penthouse soon after and both went straight to bed. They were exhausted.