twelve.

Save Me, Save You

It felt ridiculous that Hyunjung had now become something she never wanted to be a part of.

But here she was, armed to the teeth with guns and her whole body covered in protective gear.

It was three in the morning, so she didn't have to worry about Sojung. Sojung was asleep, still recovering from her injury.

Eunseo had agreed to help out and keep quiet about the whole thing. Hyunjung trusted Eunseo.

 

Hyunjung stepped out of the penthouse elevator and went to the parking lot, getting in the car where Eunseo was sat waiting in the drivers seat.

"So, I know where he is." Eunseo said. "We need to go fast before we lose him."

Hyunjung nodded. "Alright. And not a word of this to Sojung."

"I won't say anything." Eunseo said with a small smile.

Eunseo began to drive. They didn't speak, and they kept the radio off. Hyunjung didn't want to hear the news. She didn't want to know what they would say.

Soon, they arrived at a crowded looking bar. Eunseo handed the bouncer a wad of money and then pulled Hyunjung inside with her. The bar was full of gang members and Hyunjung knew. Most of them weren't armed and looked relaxed.

Eunseo tugged Hyunjung over to the bar.

"Is he still here?" Eunseo asked the bartender.

The bartender shook his head. "He just left out the back. Go on through."

Eunseo flashed him a smile before she took Hyunjung round the back of the bar and out of the back door. They were in a dark alleyway. A figure was walking ahead. Hyunjung split from Eunseo and started to race ahead.

The figure walked out onto the street.

Hyunjung followed.

"Hey! !" Hyunjung yelled.

The man turned.

"This is what you get for hurting her..." Hyunjung hissed.

Bang.

The man was dead.

Then Hyunjung and Eunseo ran.

 

When Sojung woke up, the bed was empty. That was strange, because Hyunjung would always wait in bed for Sojung to wake up, then they'd go get breakfast together.

Sojung reluctantly got up out of bed, groaning a little at the pain from the gunshot wound. She got up and left the bedroom and was on her way to the kitchen when the front door opened and Eunseo walked in with someone dressed in protective clothing and still had a gun in their hand.

They all froze, and that's when Sojung realised.

It was Hyunjung.

"...Hi Sojung!" Eunseo said sheepishly.

"Is someone going to tell me what the is going on?" Sojung growled, glancing between the two. "Eunseo, why is she dressed like that? Why does she have a gun? What did you two do?"

"Sojung--" Hyunjung started.

"What did you do?!" Sojung yelled, taking the gun out of Hyunjung's hand.

"Sheshotsomeone." Eunseo said quickly, before she ran out.

Sojung paused for a moment, before sighing. "Are you going to explain?"

"I wanted to find who hurt you and hurt them... Eunseo helped find them, but I fired the gun." Hyunjung mumbled, feeling herself begin to shrink under Sojung's intense glare.

"...Are they dead?" Sojung asked.

Hyunjung hesitated for a moment. "I think so."

"God, this is bad..." Sojung groaned. "You've put yourself in a bad situation, Hyunjung..."

"Why?" Hyunjung asked.

"I need you to quit your job. If you need money, you'll get it from me. When you go to class, I'll send someone with you. You should also move in here with me for a while until I can sort things out. I hate to say this, since I never wanted this to happen... But you're one of us now." Sojung sighed.

 

"Breaking news. There was a shooting last night in Gangnam. Witnesses say they saw a man walk out onto the street, followed by a woman. When the man turned, the woman fired her weapon and he died. It is unknown who this woman is, but reports are saying that she is part of Chu Sojung's gang. There is also a development on the shooting from the night before. A man has died, the man murdered last night was also part of that incident. Stay safe on the streets, and report any suspicious activity to the police."

 

Hyunjung walked into Cosmic Bar with her uniform in a bag and her resignation letter. She walked up to her manager who was behind the bar and handed over the bag and the letter.

"I'm leaving. I'm sorry it's at such short notice." She said before she left quickly.

Sojung was waiting outside in the car. She'd ignored Hyunjung's protests and got out of bed, despite needing to rest from her injury.

Hyunjung got in the car and they drove to their next location: Hyunjung's apartment. Luckily, Hyunjung wasn't really leaving anyone behind since her roommate had decided to stay overseas. Hyunjung didn't have any attachments to the place, so leaving was easy.

Hyunjung packed up the essentials first whilst Sojung sat on the couch, looking around at the almost empty apartment apart from the one or two unwanted bits of furniture left behind.

"It feels weird in here." Sojung said.

"It's probably the ghost in the kitchen I told you about." Hyunjung said, laughing as Sojung grimaced.

Hyunjung finished collecting the rest of her things and with Sojung's help they took it all back to Sojung's penthouse, leaving the boxes on the floor of the bedroom whilst Hyunjung made sure Sojung got comfy in bed again.

"That's enough work for you today." Hyunjung said. "You're staying here for the rest of the day."

Sojung smiled as she got comfortable, looking up at Hyunjung.

"What would I do without you?" Sojung grinned.

"Not have someone as nice as me to take care of you." Hyunjung said before leaning closer to kiss Sojung's cheek. "You stay there, I'll get you some water."

 

A month later, Sojung was back on the streets, but this time with Hyunjung by her side.

They had finished some work they had to do and had gone up onto the roof of a building. They were enjoying the view of Seoul at night.

"Hey, angel, can I say something?" Sojung asked.

"Sure, go ahead." Hyunjung said, looking up at Sojung.

"I like you. A lot. If you couldn't tell already." Sojung said. "And... I know you probably don't feel the same, and that's fine, but--"

Hyunjung had silenced Sojung with a long kiss, before pulling away to speak.

"I like you too."