Chapter 9 - Memories

Because I'm Here for You (Eng Ver)

 

Flashback

“Hyukkie, I want your strawberry ice cream”

“No way. You have your own ice cream, Hae”

“But mine is chocolate!! Hyukkie, just a little, okay?”

“No, don’t want to”

The twins were fighting. A 10 years old kind of fighting. The boy who’s called Hyukkie was busy holding off his strawberry ice cream from his twin, Donghae. Not far from them, another boy just sat there watching the fight amusedly. He was taller than the kid his age and looked adorable with mushy brunette hair and cherry pink lips, a cute contrast from his beautiful pale skin. He was still focused on the Lee twins’ fight. Although it happened more than he can count, it was still amusing to see them fighting over small little things. Seeing that Donghae was almost crying, he stood up and approached them.

“Hae hyung” he tugged at Donghae’s shirt, distracting them both.

Hiks…”Yes, Kyu?” Donghae’s sound cracked. He was starting to cry, upset because his brother didn’t want to share. He felt like Hyukkie hated him.

“Kyu still has strawberry ice cream. Hae hyung wants some? Ahra noona can get it for you. Right noona?”

Kyuhyun glanced at his babysitter, who’s called Ahra noona. The 19 years old girl laughed at her young master ministration.

“Of course, Kyu”

Donghae stared at Kyuhyun, then at his babysitter, then to Hyukkie with his strawberry ice cream in his hand. His eyes started to water again. He didn’t need another strawberry ice cream. He only wanted his twin’s strawberry ice cream. Not much, it would be only one or two scoops. Donghae shaked his head, his hair waving.

“Don’t wanna. Hiks…hiks…hiks….I only want Hyukkie’s….hueeee…”

“Hae ! I told you I don’t want to share. Eat your own ice cream”

“Only…hiks..Hae…only hiks.. Hae only want a little. Half of it. Ani ani only one or two scoops…hiks but only want Hyukkie’s”

But Hyukkie was more determined to prevent Hae from reaching his strawberry ice cream. He loved his strawberry ice cream too much, he didn’t care about his brother. Not even he cried blood, he would never share his ice cream. Moreover, Kyuhyun had offered him. It was his own fault he declined it, right? It was his own fault that he didn’t take strawberry ice cream, he picked chocolate ice cream.

Kyuhyun studied the twins in front of him. His eyes were moving from crying Donghae, strawberry ice cream to Hyukkie. The only way to stop Hae hyung crying was to give his brother’s strawberry ice cream but Hyukkie would never let that happen no matter what. They were both too stubborn to succumb. Then, what to do? His brain was working hard, trying to solve this matter. He glanced at his babysitter who stood not far from them, but she just smiled. He glanced once again to Hyukkie’s strawberry ice cream, then snap, the 9 years old boy smiled widely. A brilliant idea came to his mind.

“Hyukkie hyung” He said slowly. This time he tugged at Hyukkie’s shirt. He looked at Kyuhyun but still trying to keep the ice cream away from his brother.

“Waeyo, Kyu?”

“Hyung, give the ice cream to Donghae. Kyu will get another strawberry ice cream for Hyukkie hyung.

“But Hae will eat up all of my ice cream”

“It’s okay hyung. Hyukkie hyung will get another one, still intact because nobody has touched it. Kyu still has it in my house.”

Upon hearing such an interesting idea Hyukkie nod. He then gave his ice cream to his brother. That made him stop crying and smiling broadly. Afterward he got a new strawberry ice cream from one of Kyu family’s servant, and that made Hyukkie smiled as wide as his twin if not wider. Stood beside them young master Cho was also smiling, felt happy he had found a way to make the twins ended their fight.

“Kyuhyun-ah, gomawo” The Lee twins said at the same time. They approached Kyuhyun and hug him tight. After that the twins both kissed Kyu’s cheeks also at the same time. The one kissed his left cheek and the other kissed his right. That made Kyu pouting a little.

“Hyung!! What were you doing?”

“That’s a gift for you, Kyu” Said Hyukkie.

“Yes. Because you’ve been our smart dongsaeng!! We love you!! “ Donghae said subsequently.

Kyuhyun blushed, but then he laughed heartily. “I also love both of you, Hyung!”

Ahra watched them from afar. She chuckled at their feat and then smiled. The one and only son of Cho family was an amazing boy.

 

***

 

Mr and Mrs Cho came home late that night. They missed their dinner with their one and only son and that made them feel guilty. Because no matter how busy they were, they always found a way to have dinner together. That was the only time they see Kyuhyun. Besides Sundays of course. Mrs Cho was a little gloomy that night. She really felt guilty toward her son. What kind of a mother she was, who left her 9 years old son at home with only a babysitter to accompany him. She was scared her son will be mad at her. On the contrary, Kyuhyun was not angry at all to his parents. With red sleepy eyes he welcomed his parents home with a wide smile. He made his Appa and Umma sit on the couch while bringing them their tea. Carefully, the boy gave a cup of the to his Appa, run back to the kitchen and gave another one to his Umma.

“Appa, Umma, you must be tired, ne? Please drink the tea but be careful cause it’s still hot” He said with a smile that show his perfect white little teeth.

“Aigoo….Appa’s son is very smart” Mr Cho kissed his son lovingly

But seeing that her son yawned sleepily, she took her son to her lap.

“Kyu baby, are you angry with Umma and Appa?” She asked warily.

“Why will Kyu be angry?” He asked confusedly with half lidded eyes.

“Because Appa and Umma are always busy. We are sorry baby”

It’s okay. Appa and Umma worked hard to buy Kyu chocolate milk.”

“My teacher told me that Appa and Umma are tired after work. If Kyu is angry, you will be sad.” Kyuhyun crawled, looking for comfortable position on his Umma’s lap. He was instantly asleep, feeling tired after playing with Hae and Hyukkie all day long. They were both looking at their sleeping son with so much love. Not only the parents who felt touched with their son way of thinking, but also his baby sitter who watched the scene. Unconsciously the 19 years old girl shed her tears.

Who wouldn’t love her young master. In his 9 years old, he captured lots of people’s heart with his polite manner. He respected the adult, sweet, smart and delightful, and that made everybody loved him. Even though he was spoiled and never wanted to be left alone, sometimes his way of thinking was more mature than others around his age. He understood enough not to add his parents’ burden to be with him all the time. Not only the adult, Donghae and Hyukkie as his best friends loved him very much. The boy was always happy and that made them enjoy playing with him.

***

This Sunday morning was a little bit different from the usual. The sun was not fully shined, but Cho family’s house was busier. Lately, after Lee family moved Kyuhyun looked miserable. Donghae and Hyukkie were his only friends besides his Ahra noona. They made him felt less lonely. After they moved out of town things would never be the same.

To indulge their only son, Mr Cho took them all for a vacation this Sunday. They even intended to stay for a few days on Jeju Island. This would be a change for all the days they left Kyuhyun alone at home and to bring back the boy’s smile and happiness. The one that was most happy was definitely Kyuhyun. Very early in the morning he woke up in high spirit, already forgotten the days he felt gloomy and sad. He went to his beloved Ahra noona to wake her up, running around to prepare his things, helping the family driver to wash car, helping the cook in the kitchen preparing breakfast. He was very ecstatic he couldn’t stop jumping and running around the house. He couldn’t stop telling Ahra noona how happy he was, what he was going to do once they arrived at Jeju Island. Ahra noona was only laughing, watching sometimes commenting at her beloved 9 years old young master. Until the time came for breakfast. He still had a lot of energy.

***

The Cho family enjoyed their breakfast with lots of happiness all over the house. Smiles never left their son’s beautiful face. The boy was so excited imagining all that he would do with his parents and also his Ahra noona. But the chaotic sounds came from the yard stopped the breakfast activity. Suddenly they heard gun shot from outside. Mrs Cho was shocked, wide eyed with fear. She immediately pulled Kyuhyun into her arms who seemed confused at suddenly turned around event. Mr Cho tried to calm down his wife, dragged his feet to the front door to see what was going on.

.

.

In a short time he came back to the dining room, panicked, looking at his wife.

 

.

.

 

“No time to run, hide Kyuhyun…quick!! Hide him somewhere that they couldn’t find.”

 


a/n: Double update!! Yeah... We'll know what happened to him... 

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing and giving comments.. I Love youu!!! Saranghaeyo!! :D