Chapter 10

Because I'm Here for You (Eng Ver)

Little Kyuhyun was crawling out carefully from the big cupboard where his mother hid him before. After he waited long enough, the boy decided to get out from his hiding place. He remembered his mother told him that he could go out of there when the situation is quite safe, and at this moment as he could not hear anything anymore he decided to step outside. He was shaking and very scared. Terrified. He heard the gun shot, people screaming, and he was old enough to know that something terrible had been happening.

“A…Ahra noona” he called his babysitter whom he considered his own sister. There was no reply.

“E..omma, Appa…” he called out again. There was only silence surrounding the place, nobody answered him.

The scene in front of his eyes prevented him from moving further. It was so horrible. Not far from where he was standing were his two people he loved the most, laying on the floor. Blood seeped from their chests. Little Kyuhyun rushed to kneel beside his mother’s lifeless body.

“E..e..e…eomma….w…w..wake..up…e…eomma…what happen..e..eomma…w..w..wake up..” He was shivering, voice strangled, but not a single tear came out. He crawled to his Appa which had same condition with his Eomma, he was dead.

“A..aa..appa…a..appa…ww..wake up..appa…y..you..p..promised…w..we…will go.. o..on… v…vacation… right? ...A..a..appa….a..appaaa….” He pat his appa’s cheek softly, and he kissed him like he used to do when wakes his appa up every morning, hoping that he will wake up as he usually did, hoped that he will open his eyes, smile and tell him everything will be alright. But no, that didn’t happen, his Appa didn’t awake. He was still trying to wake up his parents when  police officers came rushing into the house. They were shocked to find a small boy sitting in the middle of bloody chaos calling out for his parents. The Police Station received an emergency call saying that there were some gun shots coming from their neighbor’s residence. Unfortunately, they were too late. They only found some dead bodies and a small boy, still alive.

One of young officer, Park Jungsoo, moved toward the nine years old boy and touched him softly.

“Hey..”

The boy just slapped his hand. His already shivering limbs were getting worse when he moved closer to his dead mother’s body still trying to wake her up. He called her over and over again even louder this time.

“E..e..eommaa…w..wake up eommaa….th..there are..p..people…h..here… strangers….eomma… Kyu… sc..scared ….e..eomma..pl…please wake up…stay with Kyu…eomma…”

Jungsoo stared at the sight in front of him desolately. He pulled the boy tenderly with a little force and hug him. Initially Kyuhyun rejected, kicked, fought hard, and screamed calling out his parents to help him. But at the end he gave up. He let the stranger held him close, his back, lulled him. Ever so slowly Kyuhyun let a small sobs coming out from his petite lips.

“Hyung….eomma…appa..they didn’t wake up…eomma appa they didn’t want to wake up”

The young officer stood still confused as to what he was going to do with the boy now.

“Ssh…it’s okay…please calm down.”

All of a sudden Kyu released himself from the young officer’s embrace. He screamed out loud when police officers put his parents dead body into body bag.

“Nooo..!!!  Don’t take Appa and Eomma !! Don’t take them away !!  Appa wake up!! Eomma don’t leave me. Kyu don’t want to be alone. Eomma, Appa don’t go!!”

His small hands tried to grab his parents which were taken away by the Police. The tears that were held up inside him before, now flowing freely forming two small rivers on his pale cheeks. At the moment he couldn’t deny the harsh reality that his parents were dead. He had to accept such cruel situation that he was alone. No parents. No one.

“Don’t take them away!! Kyu said don’t take them away!! Appa  promised to take Kyu to vacation, Appa will wake up!! Right, Appa?!! Eomma, Eomma wake up!! Eomma didn’t want Kyu to be mad to you, right?? Eomma….”

Once again Jungsoo held the boy in his arms trying to soothe him but Kyuhyun just cried and screamed louder. It was so heartbreaking, his tears kept flowing from his brown eyes, his body trembling hard.

“DON’T  TAKE APPA AND EOMMA AWAY!! GIVE THEM BAAACK!! GIVE THEM BAAAAACK!!!

Little Kyuhyun tried to break loose from Jungsoo’s grip. He bit, scratched and hit Jungsoo’s hand that held him. He also stepped on young officer’s foot hard. He didn’t want to accept the fact, but what a nine years old boy could do at this situation. He couldn’t do anything, not even grown-ups can bring back the dead.

“APPAAAA……EOMMAAAAA”

Little Kyuhyun screamed at the top of his lungs before he lost his consciousness.

 

****

 

The shocking incident happened to him, crying incessantly, and refused all food that was given made little Kyuhyun sick. He was in hospital for almost a week with no food consumption beside the infusion that runs through his blood to prevent him getting malnutrition.

Throughout the time when he was at hospital his late father’s trusted man, Kangin Ahjussi, a 28 years old man stayed with him. Comforting him, cheered him up, fed him, took care of him and accompanied him. Albeit there was something off about him that Kyuhyun could not comprehend. Even though the man always smiled at him, his eyes seemed different, sadness? Hatred? He didn’t know and he didn’t care.

He stayed with him for a few months looked after him. He also took over his father’s company. Gradually little Kyuhyun was getting better. While he didn’t laugh like he used to be, but there was a small smile coming out of his cute lips when Kangin tried to cheer him up. Kyuhyun loved him, he was the only one who kept him company in this horrible situation. Nevertheless, the way Kangin ahjussi looked at him changed. Behind those eyes he caught something else that he couldn’t grasp. Is it sadness? Or is it hatred? He didn’t know. But this time the 9 years old boy became curious.

One day all of his curiosity paid off. Kangin ahjussi came to him, looked him in the eyes and at that moment he knew something bad was about to happen.

“Kyu, I’m sorry I couldn’t take care of you any longer. You remind me so much of your parents. I felt miserable Kyu, very sad, more than ever when I think of your parents. I love you, Kyu and I love your parents but….I am really sorry I can’t take care of you anymore. Forgive me, I have to take care of something, I’ll come back to pick you up when I am ready. I’m sorry Kyu….. tomorrow I will take you to the orphanage not far from here. Don’t worry, they are good people, they will take care of you.”

Kyuhyun startled at this.  So that’s why…. The reason behind the man’s gaze, because Kyuhyun reminded him of his parents. But Kangin was the only one he had. The only person he knew, and he handed him over to the orphanage?

“Kyu, I promise, it will only be 2 or 3 weeks at the latest and I will come back for you. I will be there for you when I’ve composed myself. Don’t you worry, arra?”

And little Kyuhyun didn’t have any choice other than trusted him and did what he was told….

 


a/n: Annyeong!! It's been a long time, eoh? I really am sorry, lovinkyu eonnie and I , both of us were really busy lately.. Soo, I'm sorry for this late update...

Soo here is Kyu's past.. I don't know what to say about this.. When I write this chapter, I didn't prepare the plot, so yeah I was kinda write this one spontaneously..

I don't know when will I be able to update this.. So.. I really hope you'll wait for me >.<

Thank you for reading, subscribing and giving comment!!!

To the new subscribers.. Welcome here!!! Hope you like this chapter and thank you sooo much if you still wanna wait for this story.. >.<

Once again, thank you for reading :)

 

I'll reply ur comment here..

puerile_soul: new reader? Hi! thank you ^^ I also love the brothership chemistry between them in here.. well this is what happened with Kyu's past... I'm so sorry for this update if this one disappoint you >.<

 

hematite: Lol.. is it mysterious?? Well.. I really hope Kyu's past won't disappoint you, looks like you expect something unusual in Kyu's past.. and yeah, I like them too!! I always wanna make them as twins and now I finally be able to make it! Umm.. don't expect too much, really.. I'm afraid that you'll be disappointed.. So, Kyu's parents were just a normal bussiness.. They're not trading gun or something illegal or something like that.. tehehehe..

 

slovko: Waaaa so sorry for this late-update.. >.< I really am sorry... here's Kyu's past!!

 

otomoyo: Yeaah, I kinda feel sad too.. Thank you for reading :)

 

yoeyank85: Here's the update :)

 

kpop4evafanatic: aww thank you :) thanks for reading!