Chapter 5

Because I'm Here for You (Eng Ver)

 

Kyuhyun laid his tired body after whole day activity in the quarantine. Exercising, discussion, seminar, he didn’t get any rest and it was already 10 pm when he looked at the clock on his bedroom wall. He held up his needs to sleep when he saw his phone blinking. Sluggishly he walked to where he put his phone.

From: Yonghwa

“Kyuhyun, when will you be back? The sport event will be held within 5 days, we have to get prepared.”

Kyuhyun sighed. Sometimes he was glad when people depended on him, he felt useful. But when it came so much like this he also felt upset. Because however, he only helped them out, it’s not like he was not part of the committee. Yonghwa, as the chairman committee depended a lot of things on Kyuhyun. He always asked Kyuhyun for each and every decision he had to make. It seemed like he would not start the preparation if Kyuhyun was not there either.

You are an organized person and will give all you have best in doing your work, and every job will end up perfectly, that was what Yonghwa said last time.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes. It was really hard to work with Yonghwa after the incident. He knew it was not Yonghwa’s fault but it reminded him of that person.  Unwillingly the memory repeated itself like old movie, and it hurt him. Yah… Kyuhyun still could not really forget her.

****

That afternoon Siwon decorated family room enthusiastically. They were having a small party to welcome Kyuhyun and celebrate his achievement in winning the gold medal. All of Kyuhyun’s hard work had paid off, thought Siwon smilingly.

Kyuhyun must be happy.

“Siwon ! Kyuhyun’s home, “ his mom shouted excitedly and Siwon stop whatever he was doing to welcome his brother. He could not restraint his eagerness to see Kyuhyun, took a big step to the living room. He saw Kyuhyun there already enveloped by his mother warm hug. Kyuhyun hated hugs, but he could not resist his mother, right? Siwon laughed at his expression.

Kyuhyun felt relieved when all dramatic scene ended. Seems like everybody would like to hug him. Suddenly a pair of strong hands covered his eyes, startled him.

“Move Kyunnie” he was led to the family room.

“Don’t call me Kyunnie, Hyung!”, Kyuhyun pouted. His brother really liked to treat him like a kid.

“Allright, 1 2 3…open your eyes”

Gradually Kyuhyun opened his eyes. He took a sight of decorated family room done by his brother and his parents. There was a banner with “Congratulation Our Lovely Cho Kyuhyun” hanging up there. Although he hated to be called “Our lovely Cho Kyuhyun” he was grateful. He couldn’t remember when was the last he felt this happy.  Could it be on his 9th birthday? When his parents gave him a surprise? He didn’t know. He even didn’t remember how he felt. Kyuhyun stood still.

“Th…this is..?”

“Congratulation dear. I’m sorry we can only give you this.” His mom hugged him tightly.

“U..umma?”

“Ah… come, let’s have lunch. Umma had prepared special dishes just for you.” His mother dragged him to the dining room.

At that time there was lots of happiness in Choi’s house. You can hear laughter in that house where there was only silence used to fill it. Siwon missed this moment where all of family member get together.

Wish the time stopped at this moment.

***

Kyuhyun sat on the balcony outside his room. Staring up the bright sky. He could see stars up there, blinking happily as if they felt his happiness at the moment. Melancholy…eh? Not like the usual Kyuhyun who disliked feeling lost in thought while staring at the sky. He thought there were a lot of useful things to do rather than mooning.  But it’s okay. Just for tonight, he let himself dissolved into the beauty of the night.

Kyuhyun drank his hot chocolate, slowly.

Warm.

Just like his heart this time. He let a small smile lingered on his lips. Kyuhyun always loved hot chocolate. It reminded him of his biological mother. When he was a small child, his mom liked to make him hot chocolate. He missed his parents. If they were still here, they would be very proud, right?

Appa, Umma, I got the gold medal. I finally repay The Choi family’s kindness. They were very proud of me. You can see me, right? If you were here, you will also proud of me, right?

His smile suddenly gone. He tried to be tough, but he still missed his parents. Really missed them. His eyes became watery. Ah.. wish they’re here.

No, I will not cry.

Kyuhyun shook his head. The Choi family loved him. They regarded him as their own. What happened today was enough proof to that. He should be grateful. He should be smiling tonight. He succeeded in becoming a tough kid, independent and live happily as his parents wanted. No, he could not cry.               

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Have you ever heard that smiling will make you feel better? It really happened. At least for him. Slowly a beautiful smile spread on his handsome face.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

He opened his eyes. The 5 seconds smile had a dazzling effect. He felt peace. His smile returned when he remember someone who taught this. One of the most precious people in his life.

***

Siwon was grinning, looking at his cellphone screen. He read the message he just received. He will go on a date tomorrow with a fabulous girl. Is this called love? He chuckled.

Most of women around him were aggressive. Wearing short skirt, clingy, making a heart decorated food. Other guy would have like it, but not him. He hated it. He thought it was disgusting. He supposed he would marry his own brother than those girls. Wait, where did it come from? He threw away those thoughts. He was still normal. He liked girls. Is it? His brother has proven that he was normal. He really loved Seohyun. But him? He really didn’t know.

After doubting himself, finally the girl came up. For the very first time, there was someone who caught his attention. She was elegant, sensible, friendly, knowledgeable, polite and lots of other words that he can describe her. He knew her well, but he just made a move toward her. Making their relationship became more than subordinate and boss. Oh, he didn’t tell? Yes, she was one of his subordinates.

He hurriedly went outside his bedroom. He couldn’t handle this feeling alone. His brother could make him calm his nerves. Without knocking first, he swiftly opened his brother bedroom door and entered. Once again he found it empty. Learning from previous experience, he took a glance at the glass door on the corner. It was opened slightly, he frowned.

What is that boy doing at this cold night?

He took his brother sweater. His step halted when he saw sad expression from his brother, his eyes a little teary.

What happened? He should be happy from the surprise his family prepared for him, right?

Siwon stood in front of the glass door. He clearly saw it, when Kyuhyun closed his eyes.  He took a deep breath and smile for a few seconds. When he opened his eyes, all of sad expression he saw earlier changed into soft and calm expression. His usual expression.

How could he solved his problem this fast?

Siwon stood still, he didn’t know what to do. He intended to surprise his brother telling him about his love story. It was all disappeared. His mind filled with one question.

What happened?

“Stop peeking”

It startled Siwon. He glanced at Kyuhyun still sitting cross-legged on the chair. Still looking up the sky, holding his glass of hot chocolate. Nothing changed.

“You knew? How could you know? You’re not witched, right?” Siwon stepped outside.

Looking at his brother, Kyuhyun laughed. “Foooool” said Kyuhyun between his laugh.

“Your shadow was on the floor, Hyung.”

Siwon looked on the floor and saw it. He was right. The lights created his shadow on the floor. He scratched his head. Why did he always managed to look stupid in front of his brother?

“Put this on” Siwon gave the jacket he’s been holding to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looked at him and took it, but he didn’t put it on.

“Put it on, Kyu. You could catch a cold in this kind of weather. Look at your freezing hands.”

Kyuhyun looked at his hands. White, pale. Cold? Ah, yes, he felt himself shivering. How could he not realize it before? Too dissolved in his thoughts maybe. But Siwon could see him freezing, he himself not even realized. Siwon loved him so much right? Is he the one sent by his parents in change of them? He put down his hot chocolate and put the sweater on.

Siwon looked at him rather confused. Kyuhyun didn’t say anything. He just looked at the sweater for a while, smile and put it on. After that he stared back at the night sky.

They both fell silent, drowned in their own thoughts. Kyuhyun looked up the sky, Siwon looked at him, full of questions. He could see what is it in his brother’s eyes but he couldn’t read it. Siwon let out a sigh. He only knew his brother felt sad. Whatever the reason, it was not easy. Because it make him let down his guard, made him feel melancholic. Ckk.. slowly he also felt sad. Wasn’t he great? He could changed Siwon’s mind without him doing anything.

“Hyung, if you could grab a guitar I wanna give you something” said Kyuhyun. He was still gazing at the star on the sky, but his smile changed.

Oke, it  was not Kyuhyun if he couldn’t break the mood.

“No, get it yourself”

“It’s okay. But you’ll regret it”

Siwon looked at the person beside him. Kyuhyun didn’t appear to be getting up to take a guitar by himself. He still sit there quietly. Unwillingly, Siwon stood up and get a guitar, he was curious at what his brother would give him.

He wanted to sing? Why would I regret it if I didn’t hear it?         

“Do you want to give me a song?”

“No. I told you I want to give you something. “ Does it sound like a song? If I was the one hearing it, I would like to have something. Something I wanted for example?

Finally, Siwon took the guitar. Well… he was curious.

What is it that he wanted to give me?

***

Sport Festival begins. After some tiring preparation, Kyuhyun sat on one of the chair that’s been arranged. He was not used to this, not used to it and he didn’t like sports. It turned out, sauntering here and there making sure everything goes as planned drowned his energy. Yes, he still had some flaws. He was not as perfect as everybody thought.

His gaze fell on someone not far away from him. He felt he knew the man, but who?

Slowly, his brain arranged the pieces of puzzles, bring back the old and forgotten memories. His eyes opened wide, realizing who is the man standing not far from him. He took hesitant steps bringing him closer to the middle-aged man.

“Un…uncle?” he cautiously called.

The man he called uncle glanced at him, confused. But not long, his gaze changed as soon as he realized the boy who stood in front of him.

Kyuhyun saw it, those looks. It was just the same as the looks he gave him 8 years ago.

 


 

a/n: Here is the update. Aah, I don't know, this feels wrong. Umm, there's a changing plot here.. So I'm sorry if the next chapter get weirder..  Let's thank lovinkyu for translate this chapter.. But I wonder, where is she? Yah, let's hope she will see this update chapter! This story is her hardwork afterall, she should read it .. 

 

Anyway, Thank you for your support! I'll try hard to make this story better.. *bow*

Leave comments or advices will make me feel better, so please if you have any advices, feel free to let me know :)