Chapter 7

Because I'm Here for You (Eng Ver)

 

The dark sky gradually turned into brighter light. A touch of reddish glow can be seen out there as a sign that the sun was coming up.

In one of Choi’s family bedroom, there was a melody of Super Girl (one of Super Junior M songs). Stirring from the sound, a man under the blanket was searching and reaching up the drawer beside his bed. He found the source of early morning noise and turned off the annoying alarm from his phone.

He sat up. Revealing his pale and handsome face, brunette hair, which curled under the blanket.

 

***

 

Siwon rested a bit. After working non-stop from morning, he finally found sometime to take a rest, even for a few minutes, before he resumed his loads of works.

His eyes roamed around his working space just for distraction from boredom. A photograph on his desk made him relaxed and smiled. A picture of him and Kyuhyun, both smiling happily. The picture was taken when he was 17 years old and his parents took them on a vacation. He decided to put the picture there to heighten his working spirit. His full of spirit, hard working and mature brother always became his inspiration. Ain’t that funny? He was supposed to be a role model for his younger brother instead of his brother to him.

He took the picture and looked at it carefully. Even at that time, he was always the more aggressive one. Beside him, Kyuhyun just smiled sweetly.

Ever since their childhood, he was always like that, composed, gazing with comforting and indecipherable eyes. What had happened to his brother, he didn’t even know. He never asked. He hated to see him sad, looking at him hiding his emotion, tried to be tough, even for just a moment he hated it.

His cellphone vibrated. He looked at the caller ID and smiled widely realizing who called him.

 

“Yoboseyo, Eomma!! How are you? What is it?”

 

“Siwon, I am fine. Where are you, now?” He cringed a little hearing his mother’s tone. She seemed worried about something. He could feel it. Was something happened?

 

“At the office, Eomma. What is it? Why do you sound worried?”

 

“Siwon, is Kyuhunnie sick?”

 

Eh? Sick?

 

“Sick? I don’t think so, Eomma, what’s wrong?”

 

“His teacher called me just now. He said that Kyuhyunnie didn’t go to school and no words from him.” She sounded more worried than before.

 

“I didn’t see him this morning, there was an urgent matter at the office so I have to leave early and didn’t have the opportunity to say goodbye to him, so I didn’t know if he is sick or not. Just calm down Eomma, I will come home early today.”

 

“Allright Siwon, if something happens please call me or Appa as soon as possible. Drive safely, dear.”

 

“Yes, Eomma, see you later”

 

The call ended. He slumped on his seat. He lied just then. He didn’t leave early. In fact, it was Kyuhyun who left early this morning, long before he woke up. But he knew that he didn’t have to make his mother more worried.

 

“Yoboseyo”

 

“Ahjumma, is Kyunnie at home?” Siwon called his home.

 

“No, young master. Isn’t young master Kyuhyun at school?”

 

He’s not home..?

 

“Ah, yes. Thank you”

 

He ended the call. If he isn’t at home, not at school, so where is he now? He never thought, not even once that Kyuhyun could skip school like this.

 

Kyu, where are you?

 

***

 

Siwon sat anxiously in the living room. He glanced at the clock every now and then. It was 8 pm now. He sighed. After he got a call from his parent, he was immediately looking for Kyuhyun, but he couldn’t find him. He even call a few closed friend of Kyuhyun but to no avail. He finally went home. It was already 3 in the morning. There was no sign of Kyuhyun. He was very worried, scared. Moreover, it was raining hard since an hour ago. His parents didn’t know that Kyuhyun was gone, he didn’t tell anyone, not until he was sure what really happened.

 

Should I call the cops?

 

He arose from the couch, heading toward the phone. Just when he wanted to call someone, the person he was anxiously looking for was there.

He smiled, seeing that his brother was home.

“Kyunnie!!, you’re home. Where have y…” His smile abruptly was gone, seeing Kyuhyun’s condition there.

He was drenched, his school uniform soaked, he was shivering to the bone, his face was pale, there was bruises on his cheek and a trace of dry blood on the corner of his mouth. But one thing that made Siwon shocked was the fact that his brother eyes which usually so calm sometimes full of spirit was so blank right now. His eyes was swollen and red. It was clear that his brother just cried, hard.

Cried?

 

“Oh my God, Kyuhyun! What happened? Ahjumma, get a towel quick!” Half running he approached his brother.

 

“Kyu ! What is it? What happened?” He stared at his face, searching carefully for other unseen wound that he might overlooked.

Kyuhyun’s eyes followed his brother’s action, but with a blank look. His mind blank.

 

“Kyu, what is it? What happened?” Siwon’s voice softens. Something definitely happened. He foolishly hoped that his brother would laugh with his evil smirk and that he has been fooled. But that was not happening. What occurred then really was killing him.

 

“H…hy…hyung” Kyuhyun’s voice cracked. He tumbled down on the floor and cried his heart out. Siwon was shocked, and all of a sudden he grabbed him into his arms. Not caring that his shirt would be wet from it.

 

Kyuhyun returned the hug just as tightly, and cried out loud. Siwon was stilled in that position, long enough. Until gradually Kyuhyun cries became sobs, and stopped. He release his embrace after he saw that Kyuhyun was more composed. He grabbed the towel which was taken by one of his maid.

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything, didn’t move. He let Siwon dried his hair, his face with that towel. His eyes felt heavy, sleepy since he cried too much and didn’t have any sleep last night.

“Get a shower, hot water has been prepared”

Once Kyuhyun was in the shower, he went to the kitchen. He asked the cook to make porridge for Kyuhyun. He was surprised to learn that Kyuhyun didn’t touch his dinner last night and also his breakfast this morning. Seeing Kyuhyun condition just he doubted that his brother consumed anything today. That was why porridge was the best choice right now for it was easily digested.

Siwon entered his brother’s bedroom. He was finished getting dressed, and what he saw made him even sadder. Kyuhyun sat on his bed hugging his knees and cried but quieter. Tears running down his cheeks eventhough he swiped it repeatedly. If ever right now was just normal days Siwon might that he looked like a lost puppy, but not today.

 

“Kyu, eat something, ne?”

 

“……” Silence

 

Siwon took a deep breath and sat beside his brother, a tray with a bowl of porridge and a glass of milk on his lap. Kyuhyun didn’t do anything to take the tray, so Siwon tried to feed him. At first Kyuhyun was just stay still not opening his mouth. But at the end he stopped crying and started eating slowly. After a few spoonful of porridge he stopped. Siwon was worried. Usually Kyuhyun’s intake was not much, and even less now. But he was still willing to drink milk. That made Siwon relaxed a bit.

Siwon pull the blanket over his brother’s small form.

“Get some sleep, I’ll be outside” He wanted to give him some privacy, but a tug at his shirt stopped him. He turned around. Kyuhyun just stared at him not saying anything, just stared. But Siwon understood his brother didn’t want to be left alone. A smile appeared on young master Choi. For the first time Kyuhyun showed this side of him. He didn’t want to be left alone and stared at him like that. Like a child who’s afraid to be left by his parents.

 

“Okay, I’m not going anywhere. I’m just going to turn off the light, ne?” the tug released.

 

After turning off the light he joined Kyuhyun on the bed, laid down beside him and held him close. Kyuhyun hid his face on Siwon’s embrace feeling protection he gave. Suddenly he heard another sob.

 

“Sssh..Kyu, it’s okay..” He his head softly trying to calm him. Not long after he didn’t hear anything but soft snores.

 

Siwon looked at him breathing evenly, his grip on Siwon’s shirt had loosen. He was sleeping soundly. He stared at his face, he was calmer now and typically Kyuhyun slept like a baby. He kissed his forehead lovingly. This was the first time Siwon saw him like this like a child who needed protection.

 

Hey, what was happening Kyu?

 

 


a/n: Chapter 7 is here!!!! Just a few more parts and this fic will end soon. ^^

 

*Thanks lovinkyu unnie!!! ^^*

 

Thank you for reading!! And welcome to the story for new subscribers!! Thank you so much for giving me your support :D

 

Waiting for advices and comments!!!