Chapter 1

Because I'm Here for You (Eng Ver)

Siwon silently stared at a guy in front of him. He wore eyeglasses, had a sharp nose, pinkish lips, and dark brown hair. His lean and tall body –but still shorter than Siwon- was covered with a dark brown coat. His milky white skin stood out against its color. Handsome, the right word to describe him, but he isn’t more handsome than Siwon, of course.

Siwon stared at his younger brother. He looked so busy, struggling with formulas and confusing numbers that Siwon will never understand. That’s right, that guy in front of him is his younger brother. But why didn’t they look alike? Of course they didn’t. Because Kyuhyun is his adopted brother.  But it’s never been a problem, because Siwon just loved him as much as his own brother. Not that he had one.

“Kyu, the foods are here. Take away your books, let’s eat first” Siwon took Kyuhun’s stationery and placed it on the edge of the table, gave more space for the foods that had been delivered by the waiter. They were eating at a restaurant near Kyuhyun’s school.

“Ah, ne” that’s all what he said, and then he did what Siwon told him. Took away his book and placed it near his stationery.

“Kyu, if you learn more, you’ll forget more. But if you learn nothing, you’ll forget nothing. So, stop studying Kyu” Siwon broke the silence between them and he’s smiling on his own words.

“Huh? Stupid” Kyuhyun didn’t say anything after that, just stared at his food. Only Siwon’s small laughter that can be heard.

“Ah Kyu, when will the math Olympiad start?”

“The quarantine will be started in 3 weeks, and the Olympiad start a week after that.” Answered the younger, he still stared and played with his food.

“Kyu, stop playing with your food and don’t separate the vegetables like that. You should eat them too” Siwon watched as his younger brother stop playing with his food, but still didn’t eat the vegetables. “Kyu, are you afraid?”

For the first time since they had arrived at the restaurant, Kyuhyun lifted up his gaze, looked directly at Siwon’s eyes. A small smile appeared on his face.

“Hyung, I was never afraid of anything.”                                                                           

 

***

Siwon woke up in the middle of the night. He glanced at the clock beside his bed.

02.00 am? Duh, why should I wake up so early like this?

He tried to sleep again, but he couldn’t. He felt thirsty. A glass of water is what he need, maybe he could go back to sleep again, he thought.

He dragged himself out from the bed reluctantly. He was about to go downstairs when he saw the light in Kyuhyun’s room.

What is he doing at a time like this?

He turned around and went to his brother’s room. Slowly, he opened the door and found Kyuhyun sat on a chair, back facing him.

Ah, studying? I should’ve guessed. Of course he will be studying, what else can he do?

Kyuhyun took a rest and stretched his body. He had been sat down almost 2 hours sure made him feel tired. His gaze caught the reflection of the opening door. He turned around and found his brother there, peeking.

“Don’t peeking on me”

Siwon chuckled after hearing what Kyuhyun had said.

“Ah, you know?”

“Stupid”

“Ya! Respect me a little you brat! I’m still your hyung.” Siwon approached the younger and hit his head, hard enough to make Kyuhyun grimace.

“Why did you wake up?” asked Kyuhyun. He knew his brother isn’t the type of person who would wake up so early in the morning, or in the middle of the night.

“Feeling thirsty? I don’t know either. How bout you? I bet you didn’t go to sleep after dinner”

“Of course I went to sleep. What do you think am I? A robot? Sigh. I just woke up 2 hours ago.” Kyuhyun stood from his seat and laid himself at the bed, beside Siwon and closing his eyes.

Siwon glanced at Kyuhyun that lay beside him. His face looked so tired. Siwon diverted his glanced to the desk near them. He stood and approached the desk. Stacks of paper full with numbers and formulas and exercise books –that can make you faint if it hit your head due to its thickness- scattered over the desk. There’s another stack of paper bound that interest him, almost hidden under the book. He took one of the paper bound, a big “List of participants” written on it, he took the other one with “List of facilities” written on the first page. He opened it page by page, there are many little notes made by his brother can be found written on it. There are 4 paper bound can be found in total.

“What’s this?” he asked

Kyuhyun opened his eyes, stared at the paper bound at the hand of his brother.

“A paper bound? You’re not too stupid to know what that is, are you?”

Siwon frowned. Kyuhyun never used respectful words to him, he know it very well. But still, sometimes he just wanted to cram a broccoli –that Kyuhyun hate so much- to Kyuhyun’s mouth. Just to make Kyuhyun respect him more.

“You brat! Sure I know, I mean how does this list of participants, list of facilities related with you?”

“I’m the leader of math club, two of the paper bound on your hands is to propose funding to the school and the report of facilities in math club, and the other two is for Student Council’s sport festival and cultural festival.”

“So, as far as I know, you’re not a part of student council, are you?”

“Yeah, but they asked my help, since both of the events will be held in the same month and both of them are big events”

Siwon couldn’t understand what it is in his brother’s mind. He knew his brother was busy with the Olympiad, school and leader of math club, and yet he still participate in the Student Council’s event.

He sighed and chose not to disturb his brother. He walked out to the door

“I want to take a drink, do you want some?”

“No”

And with that, Siwon left the room. Kyuhyun stood up, and after stretched his body, he sat again on the chair, and continue studying.

 


a/n: Chapter 1 !! Thank you so much kyumelons silentreader1990 nattieloveme slovko hellocommaguest ChoCho_Bada neongreenfairy   for subscribing. And of course lovinkyu for helping me translate this, aah unnie, I love you so much ^^

This is my second fic and I need to learn more, so if you have any advice, feel free to let me know!

Waiting for advices and comments.. Hope you like it..

Thank you for reading!!! XD