CHAPTER 9 : Think Again

My Almost Love Story

[please do leave a comment. :))]

 

-- CHAPTER 9 : THINK AGAIN --

 

 

"So…?"

 

I gave Tiffany, my best friend, a flat look. It was the fifth time she answered me that since I started telling her what happened yesterday. I told her the 'I will marry Jessica' thing from Donghae and that he didn't mean it that way. I was so confused that I told her that, though I didn't gave much details, especially the gangster and revenge part.

 

"What so? I just thought you should know, we're best friends right?" I hissed.

 

"Wow. Jessica Jung is now telling me we're best friends, I thought she forgot."

 

"Com'on Fany.. We're always the best of friends, you know that." I said hugging her from the side.

 

"Are we now?" she asked with a hint of hurt in her voice. I can't blame her though, I was never a good friend to her since Hero died.

 

"I'm sorry." I sincerely said.

 

She faced me with a surprised expression, then her features soften. "Yow know I can't be that mad on you." she said then hugged me back. "You just have to admit you like Lee Donghae." she whispered.

 

I broke away from that hug. "You don't say."

 

"Then, why are you telling me that?"

 

"I told you, I just want you to know."

 

"And?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

 

I looked down. "It has been bothering me."

 

"Why is it bothering you then?"

 

"I don't know. I don't really know." I sniff. I can feel my eyes start to tear. Heck. I don't even know why would I cry.

 

"Ssshh. It's ok. We'll try to figure it out. Don't cry." she said patting my back.

 

"Thank you." I said then hugged her again.

 

--

 

Fany and I skipped our remaining classes. We went to a nearby mall to spend a little best friend time.

 

"Glad to have you back. If you know what I mean." she said while we are trying on some shoes.

 

"I was never gone! You babo!" I said like the old Jessica would say.

 

She made a fake shocked face. "How could you?! You wouldn't ask for my opinion if I'm stupid!" And we both laughed. Just like then.

 

"I'll be at the comfort room. You want to come?" she said as soon as we recovered from a good laugh.

 

"No. I'll just wait you here."

 

"Ok. Don't go anywhere!" she shouted.

 

I smiled. "Yeah. Don't get lost." I shouted back. She stopped walking and looked at me like I'm some kind of freak.

 

"You didn't say that. Did you?!"

 

"I did! Go pee if you want to pee!" I said laughing. That girl is really crazy.

 

 

5 minutes have passed and still no Tiffany showed up. I almost decided to leave my spot here in the restaurant to look for her but go against it 'coz she might show up anytime. I dialed her number to ask her whereabouts but much to my disappointment, she left me her bag, with her phone in it. That's stupid.

 

I waited for another 5 minutes and she's not here yet so I left. Aish! That girl! I just told her not to get lost but where is she right now? Could she get anymore stupid?

 

But what if she's not lost?

 

My heart almost stopped beating at that thought. That can't happen. No one's after her.

 

I quickly checked the comfort room on the floor but no signs of Tiffany. I checked the other restaurants and stores but still no her. And I'm starting to get worried.

 

"Hey Jessica!" someone called out.

 

"Oh. Hey Siwon." I greeted him then walked away. I'm not in the mood for some chit chat because my best friend is nowhere to be found.

 

"Woah. Why are you such in a hurry?"

 

"I'm not. OK. And why are you here? Shouldn't you be at your class?" I asked him quickening my pace.

 

He didn't answer but he's still following me. "Yah! Don't follow me around!" I yelled at him.

 

He ignored what I said. "Have you eaten yet? Bet you're hungry, let's grab some snack." he said then holds my wrist as he enters a fast food outlet.

 

"JESSICA!!!! JESSICA!" I jumped when I heard Tiffany shouting my name. I'm certain it's her.

 

I turned to Siwon who now has a shocked look on his face. "You heard that?" I asked.

 

"The what?" he asked innocently. Too innocently.

 

"Someone just yelled my name and you didn't hear that? Oh gosh. Let go of me, I have to find her!" I said then ran as soon as he releases his hold on me.

 

I heard him calling after me but I didn't look back. I must find Tiffany. She wouldn't be shouting like that if nothing's happening.

 

I ran to where I heard her voice came from but I'm not so sure. People here looks normal as if they heard nothing. Or they really didn't and am I just hallucinating?

 

But I'm sure I'm not. I definitely heard Tiffany's voice. I looked around, I'm at the end of the mall's left wing. Where would she be?

 

I noticed the signs saying where the comfort rooms are, the telephone booth and the parking lot.

 

No !

 

The parking lot!

 

The hurriedly run just to get there as soon as possible. But I saw no one.

 

"Tiffany!" I called out. Hoping she's just here.

 

Oh god, let her not be in danger.

 

My thoughts was cut off when my phone rings.

 

It's from unknown caller. . This is so not happening.

 

I let it ring for a while before I finally answered it.

 

"Hello."

 

"Jessica! Oh my gosh Jessica!" Tiffany shouted from the other line. "Help me! They're gonna kill me---" I heard a loud slap.

 

"Jessica Jung." a cold voice said.

 

"Who are you?"

 

"You think we don't know what your plans are, dear?" he ignored me.

 

"Who the are you? Where are you?"

 

"You may be the daughter of the great Mr. Jung of Chaos, but you're not as smart. You think we will tolerate all your murders? Think again." he said then ended the line.