Chapter 8 : Not Again

My Almost Love Story

[A/N: Sorry for late update. :) I hope you guys are not expecting too much from this story, I just want you to enjoy each chapter. Anyways, this is a short update I be able to type during my busy days. Hehe. :) Please do leave a comment. ]

 

-- CHAPTER 8 : NOT AGAIN --

 

"I'll marry Jessica."

 

My heart stopped upon hearing that from Donghae. I did not intend to listen to their conversation, I was just about to call them for dinner. And didn't like what I heard.

 

~flashback

"I'll marry Jessica.."

 

What happened next is something I never thought of, even in my wildest fantasies. My appa's 'friends' are around us and they are all pointing their guns to Hero. What the ?

 

"We've already discussed this, Hero. You'll stay away from her or…."

 

As if on cue, all of them pulled the trigger.

 

"I've decided." Hero said, then he held my hand.

 

"I will never leave her. I'll fi------"

 

Everything seemed to freeze and at the same time, flew fast. I wasn't able to protect him from the bullets piercing every part of his body. Hero fell on me, my gown is now blood coated and I can't do anything but to scream and cry.

 

"HEROOOOOOOO!!!!"

~end of flashback

 

No. I can't let that to happen.

 

I stepped out of the door to show my self to them. "Dinner's ready." I said, it was almost a murmur.

 

They gave me a nod. Donghae strode beside me as we make it through the dining area. None of us talked though.

 

The four chairs surrounding the small round table is like this house' way of telling me I don't belong here, I'm not welcome here, I shouldn't be here. Yes, I know.

 

"Ya! Lee Donghae! Get a chair for Jessica unnie! Aish! Such an a-hole boyfriend you are!" Sunny shouted as if she has read my thoughts.

 

Donghae, without protests, hurriedly went out of the room then emerges with a chair not similar to theirs.

 

"Jessica, problem?" asked Donghae the moment I sat beside him.

 

I gave him a tight smile. I don't want to talk about it now. Not in front of his family.

 

The dinner went well, conversations were light and does not involve with my relationship with Donghae -thankfully. They are probably in their respective rooms by now and I am here at the veranda, wanting to try this cigar I bought out of curiosity, few days ago. I lit one stick and watch it end glow and produce smoke.

 

"You've got to be kidding me." I was surprised to see Lee Donghae leaning on the door frame, wearing only his low hanging sweat pants. I quickly looked away from him to hide my flushed face. Why the hell flushed?

 

But before my lips could touch the cigar, he slaps my hand and the stick fell on the floor. "You don't smoke." he sternly said.

 

"How'd you know?"

 

"Your best friend told me." he said smirking.

 

"So what?"

 

"It's bad for your health."

 

There. I let out a deep sigh.

 

"You can't refrain me from doing the things I want to do and you can’t push me to do things I don't want to do!!" I know it's not the cigarette I'm talking about. He too is stunned with my sudden outburst. I just can't contain my anger anymore.

 

His eyes were confused then widen as if he realized what I was talking about. "You heard?" he muttered.

 

I closed my eyes then nod.

 

"I did not meant that way, Jessica. I'm sorry if you have to hear that." he said looking intently to my eyes.

 

My heart seemed to stop beating for seconds. He didn't mean that? It means, it's not true that he will marry me. I should be happy right? But why do I feel like crying?