Chapter 4 : Memories (Part II)

My Almost Love Story

Hi! Sorry for not updating for like a month. This chapter is kinda short, please do forgive me. hehehe. I hope I still have readers. PLEASE DO LEAVE A COMMENT.

 

--CHAPTER 4 : MEMORIES (PART II)--

 

 

Where are you?

I received this message from Tiffany not long after I left her with Donghae. What's her problem this time? Shouldn't she be enjoying her time with that guy? Because as far as I am concern, I'll won't let her enjoy his company next time, for I will make sure their relationship not to go more than just acquaintance. I just can't afford to see my best friend hanging out with some gangster.

 

As if you're not one. Said the tiny evil voice inside me.

 

How come I have this tiny EVIL voice? Revenge wasn't classified as an evil deed, right? UGH! Curse my head for non-stop questioning.

 

I didn't bother replying to her, for I want to enjoy this time by myself. This perfect green field I'm walking on reminds me much of Hero. We used to spend most of our free time here, how I wish I still had those free times.

 

"Shorty!"

 

My head snapped to the left where I heard that voice, his voice.

 

"I told you I'm not!"

 

Just when I heard that girl's voice, I am now certain, I'm hallucinating.

 

I am freakin' reminiscing again.

 

His death just can't stick out of every memory I had of him.

 

This is just so crazy and I feel like breaking down and not waking up anymore.

 

Just when my tears are about to fall, my phone started to ring, and it sounded like it's urging me to answer it right away.

 

"Yes.." I answered without even bothering to know who the caller is.

 

"Jessica!! Where are you? Oh my God, why did you just left me with Donghae?! I have so much to tell you and…." We surely don't need to confirm who she is.. She's blabbing over the phone like there's no tomorrow.

 

"Yeah right. Why did you have to call?"

 

"uhm.. So……. I need to ask you something…"

 

"Tell me…"

 

 

-------------------

 

Note to self, don't ever grant Tiffany's non-sense requests.

 

*Sigh*

 

Why am I even spending my precious time waiting for that guy? If he's not here in 5 minutes, I'll kill him.

 

"Jessica…"

 

Annoyance washed over me as soon as I heard a certain jerk's voice. I wasn't expecting for this dude to show up here.

 

"Siwon…" I turned to him with a forced grin plastering on my face. He was smiling widely when I saw him, then he gave me a quick hug.

 

"How have you been?" he asked.

 

Siwon's my boyfriend, I think, way back when I was fifteen or sixteen. He was sweet, caring, thoughtful, and insert-anything-that-makes-up-a-perfect-boyfriend, until he found someone ier, prettier, smarter, and insert-anything-that-makes-a-. The time he broke up with me was just OK, like I already felt that was going to happen, but the following days were horrible. I blamed my self for being flat chested, not realizing it was yet to grow. I blamed my self for being ugly, but that was so before, 'coz now I'm hell of a gorgeous lady.

 

So yeah, thanks to Hero, he saved me from being so miserable that time and he made me realize there's more to life than crying over some jerk. He also made me feel like I'm the most beautiful creature ever lived. Well, OK, erase the 'like', because I am the most beautiful creature ever lived.

 

"Jess…" Siwon cut my thoughts off.

 

"Yeah? Oh.. I missed you too.." I said smiling meekly.

 

"I didn't say I missed you.." he said, more to his self.

 

"You didn’t missed me?" I asked him with my brows almost reaching the top of my forehead.

 

"No.. I mean, yes I missed you. But I didn't say I missed you because you said you missed me too which I think is impossible after what I've done to you and I'm sorry for that.." He said beating the speed of light-- ok I'm exaggerating but he said it so fast, if you weren't as great as I am, you will not be able to understand a thing. Ha.Ha.Ha.

 

"Oh.. About that.. I'm glad you know I will never forgive you." I said to him with a grin.

 

"C-can I hug you for once?" he asked.

 

I looked around to make sure I'm the one he's asking, when I spotted no one near us, I dumbly stared at him for a moment.

 

"Are you like serious about that?" I skeptically asked him.

 

"yes." he said then pulled me for a hug.

 

He patted my back and said something like he'll always be a friend I can lean on.

 

Right. Friend his face.

 

Our hug was interrupted by someone who's making a funny coughing sound. I turned around to see Donghae standing few feet away from us.

 

"Oh great! You came!" I said to him, then looked at my watch. "well, you're fifteen minutes late."

 

"You should've thanked me for being late.. Or else you won't be hugging him like that." he said.

 

Siwon went near Donghae and offered his hand for a shake. "Siwon." he said.

 

Donghae, though looked annoyed, shook Siwon's hand with a smile.

 

"He's my ex-boyfriend." I said.

 

Donghae's face crumpled suddenly then he nods. "Sorry for interrupting your reunion but I have to bring Jessica with me, nice meeting you Siwon.." he said then pulled my hand towards his car.

 

"Where in hell are we going?" I asked as soon as he started driving.

 

-------------

 

"Oppaa! Let's eat some ice cream!" said the blonde girl to his boyfriend who on the other hand busy reading a book under the tree.

 

"Babe.. What are you? 5 years old?" said the guy still reading his book.

 

"aiissh! Wae? Only 5 year olds can buy ice cream?" Jessica, the blonde girl, whined.

 

Hero looked up to her with an amused smile.

 

"You're such a brat babe." he said shaking his head.

 

"Can't you hear this?" Jessica touched her tummy. "It's growling like an angry tiger oppa. I'm hungry!"

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." Hero just can't help but laugh at Jessica's sudden act of childishness. He's well aware that it's her way of showing her affection. And he find it cute.

 

"arasso. Arasso, let's buy ice cream for my baby.." Hero baby talked Jessica this time.

 

"That's my loving oppa.. Yiieee!" said Jessica jumping like a little girl.

 

"So can oppa have a kiss from baby?" said Hero who bowed his head down to Jessica's level.

 

"Not unless I have the ice cream in my hands Oppa." Jessica said.

 

---------------

 

 

"sshh.. Jessica, I'm here.. Ssshh.."

 

I don't know how we end up sitting on the very same tree Hero and I used to hang out and I'm here crying on Donghae's shoulders for God knows how long.

 

I never wanted to show everyone how weak I am when it comes to Hero, but memories came to me like tidal waves that washed away all the nerve I tried hard to build.

 

As soon as I gathered enough strength to get the hell out of this place, I left Donghae- who happened to fall asleep while comforting me- on that tree.

 

"Thank you" I whispered, not really hoping for him to hear.