Chapter 5 : The Deal

My Almost Love Story

[A/N: Just got my laptop back. Sorry for the late update. Anyways, thanks to those who've subscribed. Enjoy reading and please d leave a comment/complaint/criticism and the like. EHHEHE. :) ]

 

-- Chapter 5 : The Deal --

 

"Do you want him to die too?"

 

"Who?" I asked without even sounding interested at all.

 

"This guy…" then he placed a paper on his table.

 

My jaw almost touched the floor when I saw that the paper is actually a picture. A picture of me… with Donghae at the park. What the hell?

 

"Mr. Jung!" I howled.

 

"What now?! You call you father Mr. Jung huh?!" he shouted.

 

"He's not even a friend! Don't you dare touch him.." I shouted back not minding what he just said.

 

"I see.. Make sure he's NOT EVEN A FRIEND Jessica, because you know what I'm gonna do." He said with full of warn in his voice.

 

Yeah. Like I'm scared. And I don't have to worry about Donghae because he's a member of Wrath. My father can be so stupid sometimes.

 

"Okay okay. Is that all? 'Coz you know, I gotta go."

 

And with that I left his office.

 

But then, I remembered what Jong Hyun, one of my side kick, trying to tell me about Donghae, days ago. I hurriedly dialed Jong's number and asked him what did he find out about Lee Donghae.

 

"He's the only son of Wrath's leader, boss. And he will soon takeover the gang." Jong said.

--

 

"So, why are you in Wrath?"

 

"I was born to be in Wrath." he said, then smiled.

 

"you want, I'll adopt you here in Chaos? I'll take care of you." I told him. But then I realized, I sounded like I like him. Though I ignored my own comment because I like him, as a person though, not anything more.

 

"Is that your way of recruiting?" he said, sounding amused.

 

Way? What does he mean?

 

"Flirting. That's your way to recruit."

 

"No way!" I shrieked. There's no way I'll flirt any other man, because there's only one man in my life, and that's Hero.

 

He again, chuckled. "As you said.. But really, no thanks, that's my answer."

 

I frowned. I'm pretty sure he can be our gang's asset, he's brave.

 

"Tsk."

 

That's the only thing I heard from him, though he muttered more under his breath. And I was surprised in what he did next.

 

I was breathless that very moment he touched my lips with his. I never expected him to do that. My eyes voluntarily shut, and pictures of Hero and me, sharing our first kiss, instantly showed up.

 

I pushed him away with a slight force. He too was startled with what he did, (or mine). He stood up and headed to the door. Before he left, he said something.

 

 

 

"Sorry, I can't be in your gang."

 

 

 

----

 

"Are you guys okay with it?" I asked my boys, hoping they would agree with what I just said.

 

After I realized few things, I had a change of plans-- which, I hope and I pray, would turn out right.

 

"Anywhere with you boss is just fine." Kyu said. Everyone behind him just smiled, but with only just that I know that they are with me too.

 

Having them means so much to me since they are the one who've been to business since I don't know when, so I'm really thankful to have them by my side, and they're the ones who doesn't have to see my mask. The tough mask I've been wearing since that day.

 

"Thank you."

 

***

 

"Jessica.. You have to tell me what has been happening to you.. I'm your friend.. We're friends right?"

 

I looked around the cafeteria where we are right now, hoping that I would see that guy today. He wasn't in our class earlier, I wonder where the hell he is. Aish, that guy!

 

"So what are you thinking?"

 

"Donghae."

 

I wasn't really paying attention to Tiffany but I can totally hear what she's saying. I..  Just thought it's my OWN mind asking me what am I thinking. It took five agonizing seconds before any of us to react.

 

"No! I wasn't thinking of him!"

"Oh my gosh! You were thinking of him!" we exclaimed at the same time.

 

"I wasn't!" I shrieked at her.

 

"But you just said! Omo. I knew it! You like him!" she said clapping her hands.

 

I wanted to throw everything within my reach to her for ever thinking I like Donghae. How come this girl forgets that I, Jessica Jung will never love or like any man other than Hero Kim. "Wait, I thought you're the one who likes him?" I said to her.

 

She just looked at me blankly then burst out laughing that her face became completely red and everyone in that cafeteria starts to look at us. "HAHAHHA. Jessica. You must be kidding me! Me likes Donghae? No waaay. I know he's hot and all but looking at you two makes me feel like I'm watching some fairy tale.. You know, you have that chemistry…".

 

"Really? We have that chemistry?". Startled, Tiffany and I both looked up to who just spoke. A pair of amused bright eyes is staring at us. His smile grew even wider when he saw our shocked expression. "Tell me about it" he said to Tiffany. She just smiled a little then looked at me as if asking me if she should tell him something. But what that something would be? Aigoo. This girl is an epitome of headache.

 

"Lee Donghae. We need to talk." I said before he could sit beside Tiffany. He asked why but I don't wanna go explaining at the cafeteria, so I just dragged him to the field.

 

"So what now?" he asked like a total . Oh my gosh. I wish he's not what I'm thinking of him right now. That would really ruin my plan, but worrying about his uality is the least of my priorities, so I brushed off that thought for the mean time.

 

"I'll tell you a story." I said with full of seriousness but I was shocked with his reaction-- he laughed out loud. Gosh. Why?

 

"Don't tell me, you're the one to tell how good we look together?" He said still laughing.

 

Oh the nerve of this guy? How could he?

 

"Maybe." I said without even smiling. That caught him off, his face transformed to it's serious mode. Ha. He didn't say anything though so I continued.

 

"As I was saying, I'll tell you something, and you're not entitled to speak unless I'm done talking." he then nods and signaled me to go on. I wish I had this video recorded or something because his face is actually hilarious. Thank god I was able to pull off a blank expression or else I'll be laughing at him.

 

I told him everything about Hero and what happened on my last birthday. I told him about my revenge and I told him that I already killed two out eight bastards who killed Hero. Every word I say is like a knife stabbing my chest, it still hurts to remember everything, but surprisingly, I managed not to cry this time.

 

"What's the use of telling me those?" he asked sounding so not interested at all, but his eyes says otherwise. I know, I might be presuming but I can't be wrong seeing concern in his eyes.

 

"I want you to help me Lee Donghae. I don't want to be in this world, I mean, this world we're in, gangsters, war, killing and all. I don't want this. I just want to…" I said but then he cut me off.

 

"You just want to kill all those who killed your Hero?" He asked looking right through my eyes as if he's searching for a treasure that is sure hidden in it. I gulped. As much as I want to, I can't take my eyes off of his now that he is looking at me like this.

 

"In this world Jessica, once you're in, the only way out is death. Did you hear me? It's death, Jessica. Death." He went on.

 

Death. Since Hero died, I've decided, whenever, wherever, I'm ready to face death. I'm ready to die. I'm ready to see Hero again.

 

Still, I can't find the right words to say it to Donghae, to convince him to help me with my plan. I thought this would be easy, but I was wrong. I got it all wrong.

 

My eyes started to water with the thought I won't succeed with this plan. I should have not involved Donghae to this, he only made the situation more ed up than it seems.

 

I saw he shut his eyes tightly and tapped his forehead as if he's forgetting something.

 

"Sure, I'll help you." he finally said.

 

My tears are free falling down my cheeks becau-------

 

Oh ! What did he just say?

 

Sure I'll help you.

 

I wiped my tears off of my face and smiled. "Really?" I asked with full of hope in my voice. He then looked at me suspiciously.

 

"Were you just acting a while ago?"

 

"No! of course not! I'm just happy that you'll help me." I said then laughed that awkward laugh.

 

"You should know that I'm not doing this for free."

 

****

 

After our deal, we went back to the cafeteria. Crap. This Lee Donghae sure knows how to annoy the hell out of me. Unfortunately, We haven't officially started our "mission" but this guy wants us to start one of his conditions.

 

"Oh! You came back!" Tiffany exclaimed excitedly, but yeah, note the sarcasm. "I was about to leave because, you know, we still have classes--- oh." she stopped looking somewhere on my side. I tried to look at where she's looking and I saw my hands, holding Donghae's, or it's his holding mine. Double crap. I looked at Tiffany whose eyes now darting Donghae and smiling like a maniac.

 

Donghae just smiled and said "You know, we kind of discussed this chemistry you've been telling. And we figured that you're right. So this." he held our hand. "We are now dating." he half yelled so that the whole population of the cafeteria can hear.

 

As expected, most of the students and not to mention some of the faculty members looked at us. Seemed to me that Donghae's enjoying the attention we're having right now that he bowed to everyone."Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Lee Donghae. Jessica Jung's boyfriend."

 

Triple crap.