Chapter 3 : Memories (PART I)

My Almost Love Story

[A/N: Sorry, it took me days to post this one, my schedule is quite tight lately. Anyhow, please continue supporting this and don't forget to leave a comment. :)) and.. add me on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/imsocupid thanks much! :))

--CHAPTER 3 : MEMORIES (part I)--

 

"You're evil. Plain evil.."

 

"No.. I just think it's payback time.." I said giving him a wide grin.

 

Without waiting him to reply, I charged towards him with my sharp knife aiming his throat. He screamed in agony as the blood trickle down his chest.

 

"I can't believe you.." he said in between his bloody cough.

 

"It's never too late to believe. Anyway, you still have minutes to cherish. I hope you have a nice spot in hell." I said then left him.

 

There are 8 of them, 2 were taken down, 6 to go and I'll leave this cruel world.

 

----

 

"oppa!!! Oppa!! Wait for me!"

 

"Woohoo! Run run run shorty!"

 

"Shorty?! I'm noooottt!"

 

"Yes you are! HAHAHAHAH"

 

"HMP!" that was the last sound I heard before the television screen fades to black.

 

What I just watched was the video of me and Hero playing around the video camera.

 

"Jessica.."

 

Another video started to play. It was now Hero who's holding the camera.

 

"hmm?"

 

"sarangheyo…" he said from behind the camera the leaned down to kiss that blonde girl lying on his lap.

 

I can now feel my face heating up and is now damp. These stubborn tears just can't stop falling again and again. Then the sound of the door clicking brought me to realization that I wasn't in my house.

 

"oh, Jessica, I don't know you're here…" said the old woman, I recognized as Hero's mom.

 

"I just used the spare key, Hero gave me… I shouldn't be here.. Mianhae.." I said bowing to her.

 

"No, it's okay, I'm glad you haven't forgotten my dear son.." She said with a glint of sadness in her eyes.

 

I walked towards her to give her a comforting hug. I  know we both need it right now.

 

"Hero must be so happy wherever he is…" she said hugging me back. I fought the urge to tell her he's not happy because of his tragic death, I almost forgot she doesn't know the truth.

 

"uhm.. I think I need to give this back to you.. Hero gave me this on my birthday…" I said slipping that diamond studded gold ring out of my finger.

 

I heard a loud gasp escaped when she saw me wearing it. Then tears started coming out like storm out of her eyes.

 

"oh my god.. My Hero.." she repeatedly saying.

 

"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you sooner.. But I guess it's time to let go.." my last words fades as I felt a thump in my chest saying that.

 

"Don't say that.. My Hero loves you so much that he gave you this ring .. I told him to give this to the person he's sure he'll be with forever."

 

--------------------------------

 

"What's up with swelling eyes?" I heard someone I knew asked me from the other side of the table.

 

"None of your business. Shoo! Go away.." I said without bothering looking up to him.

 

"I wasn't here for you, you know…" I looked up just to see him smiling wide beside Tiffany.

 

Are they friends, already?

 

"Can we sit here?" asked Tiffany that seemed oblivious to the stare I'm giving her. Why is he with him? They can't be together. I don't want her to be involved with gangs.

 

"oh sure." I said still eyeing her.

 

A brief silence came after. I was eating… no. no.. I wasn't eating. I was playing with my food for I feel so unstable at the moment, and I can't point out why.

 

"So…" Tiffany started. I looked at her, only to see he's talking to that guy. "What brought you here in our school? I mean, there's a lot of universities to choose from.."

 

What a stupid question Fany.. I almost said to her. Thank goodness for the self control I possess.

 

"I find this….university interesting…" he said looking at me. That look made my spines shiver to the core.

 

"oooh! That's true!" Fany said almost hugging him. I can't help but roll my eyes in disgust.

 

"And, I heard basketball here is amazing. I might try to join the team.."

 

"OMOOO! I'm very sure, you'll get accepted! They're in need of new members since Hero died---" as soon as she realized what she just said, Tiffany gave me an apologetic look that I chose to ignore.

 

Hero was once a member of this university's basketball team, and he's one great player. Memories of him on the court starts flooding over me and I feel like crying at this moment, but I just can’t let these people see me shed tears.

 

"Hero who?" Donghae asked innocently. Of course, he's innocent, he doesn't know anything about my Hero.

 

"uh…" Tiffany once again looked at me. "He's a friend.. He's also a member of the team. But you know he, kind of met accident 3 months ago…" she said with her words fading under, that it's almost impossible to hear.

 

"Oh…" that's all Donghae can say.

 

"you know guys, I think I'm already full, so Imma leave you here, and do take your time to get to know each other.." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

 

Without waiting for them to respond, I hurriedly went out of the cafeteria. Not too long, my phone started to ring. The screen says it's Jong Hyun so I didn't think twice before answering the call.

 

"Boss.." he started.

 

"Remember the guy we saw at the club the other day?" he said.

 

"Oh yes.. Why?"

 

"We investigated him. And we found that----"

 

"No. don't tell me. I don't want to hear anything about that guy."

 

"But boss!" that was what I heard last from him before I rudely ended the call.

 

Sure, they know something about him, but I don't feel any interest right now, and I don't want to ruin my already collapsing day.

 

___