A New Situation

My Girl

 

Mr.Kim shut the door in his face before he had the chance to question him further about what he had meant. He'd consider knocking the door and asking him what he meant but thought he was pushing it, he took his only daughter out all night and the man was kind enough to not kick his so maybe he shouldn't be testing his luck. 
 
Yunho drove home. He didn't get much sleep in between it all and by the time he had arrived home, he notice a large amount of people rushing up and down his driveway and practically everywhere inside his gate preparing for something. 
 
"Another company party...." He said under his breath. Yunho was never much of a party goer (the kind of black tie event that is) so he knew well to keep out of site until the event is over, he figures his father wouldn't give him the disappointment look if he was never there. 
 
Pulling into his parking space, he notice his father standing at the stairs with his assistant over seeing the preperation. He step out of the car, trying to blend in with the commotion to slip pass his father but he had no such luck. 
 
"Yunho." Mr.Jung called, not looking up from the planning book he was looking at which was held by his assistant. Yunho came to a stop and stood where he was about 20feet away from his father, not answering him but wait. 
 
"I need you to be here tonight." He said dryly without looking up. "SeoHyunie is waiting in your room with a new tucks." And without more to add he walked away with his assistant trailing behind him. Yunho was a bit in shock he didn't asked about his where about last night. 
 
 
 
When he enter his room, his sister was indeed waiting for him at the edge of bed with a book in hand, it was so like her to not lose any minute of her time if she could help it. 
 
"Oppa!" She placed her book gently on the side and hurried to greet her elder brother at the door with a tight hug. "I haven't seen you in so long! I was so worried! I've thought you've ran away again!" 
 
Yunho grin as he pat his sister's head. "Aigoo....Hyunie it's a little over 24 hours, chill out." He chuckled at his sweet younger sister, the only girl in the world he believed to have the purest heart. "And I'm not 6, I don't need to be running away." 
 
Seohyun then let go of her brother and smiled up brightly at him. "Good!" She said. "Now come come! I've picked out a new suit for you, is'nt it wonderful?" 
 
"Mm." 
 
"The tie is white, I know that you don't like the color but Appa said to have something that shows unicine and since my dress is white, I thought we can match this way." She look up at her brother proudly. 
 
"You're coming to this party?" Yunho asked, a bit surprise as he undo a few buttons on his shirt then realizing the wound he still had was still there, he stopped, there was no need to worry his sister if he didn't have to. 
 
"Yes! I'm so excited! Appa told me last night! This will be my first appearance!" She said proudly. "He also said he have a surprise for me!" 
 
Yunho grinned at her then, he didn't want to spoil her happy mood so he just nodd along when she talks, though his mind would wonder away to a certain tiny blonde girl, wondering if her mother was giving her hell or not. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I just don't understand yeonie!" Her mother said in frustration as she dresses. "I don't understand why you won't tell me about you and that young man!" 
 
Hyoyeon let out a heavy sigh. "Because I already told you there's nothing between us." It was half true she thought, except for the part where she used to be his slave and now he's her slave, and she keeping his secret, AND her promise to his grandmother to keep him out of trouble...but other than that, they have nothing between them so she's not lying to her mother, at least not completely......
 
Mrs.Kim gave her daughter an unbelieving look and place her arms around her shoulder while looking straight into her eyes she said, "Are you two...doing it?" 
 
"UMMA!" Hyoyeon screamed in disbelief, her own mother....! 
 
"Because it's okay if you are!" Mrs. Kim ignored her scream of protest. "I mean, it's not okay but we can work through it together if you tell me the truth!" 
 
"Umma! You have watched way too many dramas! I am not, i repeat I AM NOT SLEEPING WITH JUNG YUNHO." She said each of those words as clear as she could. 
 
"Alright....." Her mother replied. "But you'll tell me if you are right?" The question didn't come out like she was nosy like she had ask the first question, it was a whole hearted request from a mother who was concern for her daughter. 
 
Hyoyeon smiled at her mother and replied, '"Definitely."
 
 
 
"What do you think?" Hyoyeon spin around slowly in circles for her father to examine her dress choice. It was a tan above the knees cocktail dress. "Impressive enough?" 
 
"The whole company would be jealous of how beautiful my daugther is." Mr.Kim smiled at his daughter. "Now come on, we better go pay for this." She smiled at her father in return though she still didn't understand why he did not punish her for staying out as late as she did, but maybe she shouldn't test her luck and ask her father why in case he may change his mind. 
 
 
 
 
Night of the Party
 
 
Seohyun paced back and forth in Yunho's room in her long white silk dress, nervous about her firth appearance at the party. 
 
"Relaxed." Yunho waved at his sister."You look great! Don't worry about it." 
 
"I know, I know...but appa said he has a surprise for me and I don't want know I'm just a little nervous." 
 
A few minutes later, Mr.Sung, another of their father's assisant knock on the door to inform the two to enter the party. Their father introduced the siblings to his important guests one by one then moved on to his high ranking employees. 
 
Seohyun smiled and stay focus through out the introduction, seemingly interested in all the informations shared by the peoeple she meet, while Yunho remained silent, waiting for it to be over, scanning the party for something interesting to do until his eyes landed on a certain young woman and her father. His mouth dropped. 
 
"Ah!" Mr.Jung exclaimed when he notice Hyoyeon and her father coming through the entrance, he waved at Mr.Kim to singal him to approach. 
 
"Oppa! It's Hyoyeon unnie!" Seohyun shook the tail of her brother's tuck. 
 
"Minwoo!" Mr.Jung greeted Mr.Kim when they are within speaking distance. "Glad you could make it!" 
 
"Of course!" Mr.Kim shook his hand firmly and grinned. "President Jung I would like you to meet my daughter, Hyoyeonie."  Hyoyeon smiled and bow politely at the older gentalman. "Nice to meet you sure." 
 
"What a beautiful daughter you have." Mr.Jung nodded. "And I would like you to meet my son, Yunho, and my daughter, Seohyun. Kids, this is Mr.Kim, he's the new head of publication." 
 
"Nice to meet you sir." Seohyun bow while Yunho's eyes were still on Hyoyeon who tried her best to avoid his gaze, so this was what he meant earlier that day.
 
"Nice to meet you Seohyun-shi." Mr.Kim returned a small bow. "And we've met again Yunho-shi." 
 
"Oh. Yea." Yunho replied. 
 
"Ah you've met before?" 
 
"He's a friend of my daughter." 
 
"You don't say." Mr.Jung thought over the new peice of information in his head, was this the blonde girl his assistant had inform him about? If so, then he sure have a lot to think about. 
 
 
For the rest of the night, Mr.Jung spent his time greeting his guests and introducing Seohyun to them while Yunho excused himself to look for Hyoyeon while she in turn spent her time avoiding him. He later found her hiding behind a pillar at the entrance. 
 
"Hiding?" Yunho snuck up behind her. Hyoyeon yelped and held her heart but before she could give him a peice of her mind he grabbed her arm and drag her into the bush close by. "Shh!" And pointed her in the direction of a group of men. 
 
"Is that..." Hyoyeon's jaws drop, looking at Yunho in horrors. Did they really follow him to his home? What were they planning to do? "The Jun gangs....."
 
The group enter the mansion and to Yunho's surprise, Jun Woojin was introduced as an honored guest. It didn't make sense, since when did his father assosiate himself with a thug? 
 
"What are you doing?!" Hyoyeon wishpered. 
 
"We have to find out what's going on, come with me." He dragged her with him and they hid behind the crowd of people as they moved in closer towards the stage. 
 
"Firstly, I would like to thanks everyone for coming in tonight." Mr.Jung began, with Seohyun by his side. "This is more than just our annual get to know emplyee and investers party. However, I would like to introduce our her invester, Mr.Jun." 
 
Several people gasph as Jun Woojin took the stage but Mr.Jung ignored this and moved on with his speech. Yunho drew his eyebrows closed together. What was his father up to?
 
"And lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to announce to everyone here, as our witnesses, my daughter, Seohyun's," He then lead her forward, " engagement to Jun-shi's only son, Jun Yonghwa." 
 
Seohyun's eyes widen at her father's betrayal as a young man took the stage while the crowd applauded. Yunho tighten his fists while Hyoyeon raised her hands to her lips. This just got a whole lot messier. 
 
 
 
 
Sorry guys, this is really rushed since I haven't update this in a while. to those who are still reading, thx u =] 
 
and a special thx u to s-u-n-d-a-e-love for kicking my to update lol~