Family dinner

Night shift

 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, amused that he got into this situation. He wasn't angry, but really admired him for having girls attracted to him because he was really handsome and gorgeous. And very tall. Who wouldn't fall for him?

"Min, I never encouraged her or anything okay..."

"I never said anything!"

"I didn't want you to have the wrong idea. I was just joking just now about..." 

Sungmin interrupted him "Kyu, I know, and I trust you. We've been through a lot together, so don't worry about it" he said, assuring Kyuhyun with a quick squeeze of his hand. 

Kyuhyun sighed. He still couldn't believe that Irene followed him to the cafe. "If you finish, shall we go?" 

"So what shall we do with that phone number?" Sungmin said with an amused smile. 

A waiter came to clear their table since he must have seen that they started to pack their belongings. Kyuhyun took the piece of paper and pass it to the waiter! 

"It's for you. A lady friend was admiring you and asked me to pass it to you. Her name is Irene, by the way" Kyuhyun told him, smiling while passing him the piece of paper with the phone number! 

"Errr, ohh okay, thank you sir" the waiter took the paper and bowed slightly at Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin who was suppressing his laughter, and putting on a straight face, patted the waiter's shoulder, took his handcarry bag and walked out to retrieve his luggage. 

After a few steps and around the corner, both of them broke into a laughter! Sungmin playfully punched Kyuhyun "You are so bad, Kyu. You pass the baton to him!" 

Still laughing, Kyuhyun said "Since she is so desperate to get a boyfriend..." 

Once they were in the carpark level, Sungmin guided him to his car. "It's my mum's car" he told Kyuhyun, before Kyuhyun made a comment that the car was light pink in colour. 

"So both you and your mum love pink!!!" Kyuhyun chuckled while putting both luggage into the boot. The 2nd luggage couldn't fit, so Sungmin gestured to put at the backseat, together with Kyuhyun's handcarry bag and backpack. 

Once in the car, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin into a hug and then kissed him. "I really miss you!" 

"Same here, I miss you a lot. I can't wait for us to be together in Paris" 

"We still have about 4 days before we leave" Kyu smile. "I visit your parents tomorrow evening okay?" 

"You coming alone, or with your parents?" 

"I can ask them tonight. I will let you know. You or your mum don't need to cook anything special" 

"If I tell my mum that you are coming, she will already start thinking of what to cook. If I don't tell her, she will definitely scold me... "

Kyuhyun smile "Okay, you let your mum know only after I asked my parents, so she can gauge how much to cook". 

"Alright" Sungmin smile. "Kyu, can you input your zip code in the GPS?" Sungmin asked, while he put on his seat belt. Kyuhyun stretched over and input his zip code, then turned to Sungmin and peck his lips again. Sungmin laughed and started driving out of the complex. "How's your apartment? Did that potential buyer interested to buy?" 

"Ohh yeah, I haven't check my text messages!" Kyuhyun said, scrambling to take out his phone from his pocket. "Buyer is interested and will close the deal tomorrow! Wow great!" Kyuhyun read happily. 

"That's great!! It's really a good buy, because you throw in the furnitures too!" Sungmin nodded his head. 

"Yeah, if only we could send over the furnitures to Paris!" Kyuhyun laughed. It would be ridiculous to ship over because it would be much cheaper to buy there! 

They arrived at Kyuhyun's parents home and Sungmin got out to help Kyuhyun. 

"Send my regards to your parents" Sungmin said after he help to bring out the luggage. "You want me to bring home one of this?" Sungmin asked, referring to the 2 big luggage.

"No need, unless you want to take anything from there? I've packed everything, even those from the dryer"

"Hmmm, maybe my pink sweater. It would be cold in the airplane, right? Or I can take it when we are at the airport before we check-in our luggage" 

"I think you better take it first. At least you can put it in your backpack. Okay why don't you come in with me, we can unpack in my room...?" 

"Good idea. I can also see how did you packed. Nicely folded or all throw inside.. hahaha" Sungmin laughed. 

Kyuhyun pinched his nose "I folded them wifey!!! Okay come in then!" Kyuhyun laughed and started pulling his luggage. 

Mrs Cho greeted and hugged Kyuhyun and then hugged Sungmin too. Eversince she knew about their relationship, she was quite fond of Sungmin eventhough they hardly met. She had only met Sungmin twice so far, when she visited Daejeon. 

"Kyu, I've already cleaned your room. Go on up. Sungmin, you stay for a while for a drink okay" Mrs Cho smile fondly at him. 

"Yes, ommonim. I'll take take my sweater from Kyuhyun's luggage, then I'll come down" 

Once in his bedroom, Kyuhyun quickly closed the door and pulled Sungmin into a proper hug. He knew they couldn't do more than that because his mother would call Sungmin anytime to have a drink, so a hug and a kiss were all they could do. Anyway Sungmin has to drive back home in case his mother needed to use the car. 

"Okay I better take that sweater, else we couldn't separate..." Sungmin said, after taking a deep breath and smiling at Kyuhyun.  

Kyuhyun took a deep breath too, let Sungmin go, and opened his bedroom door. He squad down on the floor to open up his black luggage. He had kept all their latest clothing from the dryer in this black luggage. The other dark red luggage were all his work clothing, daily clothing and his toiletries. 

"Tada... see? All neatly folded!!" Kyuhyun laughed at Sungmin. 

"That's the top part, how about the bottom part??" Sungmin laughed, playfully pushed him aside to check the luggage"

Kyuhyun laughed "Go ahead and check! If all nicely folded, what will I get?" Kyuhyun playfully dare Sungmin to say. 

Sungmin laughed while taking out his pink sweater from the luggage and re-arranged the stack neatly back to the luggage. "I cook for you!" 

"That's in Paris!" 

"No, I'll cook this weekend!!" Sungmin laughed, showed his tongue at Kyuhyun, and ran out of the bedroom, still laughing. 

Kyuhyun laughed too and closed back his luggage. He went out too to join Sungmin and his mom in their kitchen. 

Mrs Cho was delighted when Kyuhyun asked her if they want to join him to visit Sungmin's family. So it was set, then. The Chos will visit the Lees on Saturday. 

Sungmin was busy cooking on Saturday afternoon, for dinner with the Chos. His mum has bake 8 mini basque burnt cheesecake for everyone, so now she's helping Sungmin with kimbap. 

"Minnie, tomorrow we go and buy lots of ready to cook Korean food and spice packages, for you to bring to Paris? Because you will definitely missed Korean food!" 

"My luggage is full, omma" 

"Put them in handcarry bag!" 

"Sound tempting..." Sungmin smile at his mother. 

"It's cheaper to buy from here" 

"Ok, but let me check with Kyu first whether we can bring these ready to cook food packages into Paris. Every country have different immigration requirements" 

"Okay, and whenever you two fly back here to visit us, get us French wine! You don't have to buy anything else!" Mrs Lee laughed. 

Sungmin laughed too, and nodded. It was a good idea as France has a wide variety of consumption wine and produce very good quality ranges. 

"Omma, we probably could only fly next year. This year it will be difficult because Kyu just started working at Saint Louis hospital, so he might not get to apply leave during festive periods"

"Don't worry about it, Minnie. We understand and I'm so proud that Kyuhyun is accepted to work at such a well-known hospital. His mother is surely proud too" Mrs Lee praised Kyuhyun.

"Yeah, it is not easy for an Asian, let alone a Korean, to be accepted there, but Kyu manage to do it! They really recognise his talent as a top surgeon" Sungmin said, very proud of his dear Dr Cho.

"Since Paris allows same gender marriage, why don't you two tie the knot there?" Mrs Lee suggested. It would be good for his son to have a permanent relationship with a top surgeon! It would secure his future!

Sungmin became quiet. So far, they never talk about tying the knot yet and what they had plan was to stay together forever.

Should he suggest to Kyuhyun about tying the knot?...

​​​​​​