Popular doctor

Night shift

Kyuhyun quickly come to his senses and held Dr Eliza Lauren's shoulder and pushed her away slightly.

"Je suis désolé. Tu ne devrais pas faire ça" (I'm sorry. You shouldn't do this) and Kyuhyun moved away from her.

"Mais je t'aime beaucoup" (But I like you a lot) Dr Eliza pleaded. She looked sad that Kyuhyun rejected her.

"Je t'ai accepté comme ami. Rien de plus que ça." (I accepted you as a friend. Nothing more than that) Kyuhyun said, making sure there are some gap between them.

"Vous avez déjà quelqu'un de spécial?" (You have somebody special already?) Dr Eliza asked him sadly.

"Oui j'ai" (Yes I have) Kyuhyun replied her honestly. 

"Est-elle ici?" (Is she here?) Dr Eliza said, looking surprised. She didn't expect Kyuhyun is already taken as he appeared friendly and approachable eversince he came to Saint-Louis. 

"Non mais bientôt" (No, but soon) Kyuhyun turned around, and walked towards the door. And he turned around and look at Dr Eliza "Si cela ne vous dérange pas, je veux me reposer un moment" (If you don't mind, I want to rest for a while). 

Dejected, Dr Eliza moved towards the door, but halted in front of Kyuhyun "Bon pour l'instant, mais j'attendrai toujours que tu m'acceptes" (okay for now, but I will still wait for you to accept me). She walked out and left quietly. 

Taking a deep breath, Kyuhyun sighed. What's wrong with all the ladies here? They are so upfront!!!

He was sleeping when subconsciously, he heard some knocking sound. It sounded very far and Kyuhyun tried to ignore it. But the knocking was persistent. He opened his eyes and looked at his watch. He has slept about an hour. He got up and walked towards his door. A petite nurse was smiling at him when he opened his door, and handed him a pizza. He recognised her. She's Marriette Jacques from the operating theatre nurses team. 

 "Je suis désolé de te déranger. Les infirmières ont commandé une pizza. Nous avons donc commandé une pizza supplémentaire pour vous. S'il te plait accepte-le" (I'm sorry to disturb you. The nurses ordered pizza, so we ordered an extra pizza for you. Please accept it). 

"Oh merci. Attends, laisse-moi payer pour ça." (Oh, thank you. Wait, let me pay for this) Kyuhyun said. 

"Oh non non, c'est de nous. Pour ton diner S'il vous plaît manger" (Oh no no, it is from us, for your dinner. Please eat it") Marriette told him. 

"Merci beaucoup!" (Thank you very much!) Kyuhyun accepted the pizza and bowed to her. She smile happily and ran away. 

She was squeeling happily because Dr Cho looked so handsome with his tossled hair and sleepy eyes. She ran to the nurses station and told them about the gorgeous looking Dr Cho. The nurses were happily laughing and eating and continued talking about Dr Cho. 

Kyuhyun was surprised to receive the pizza. It smells so good and he knew French pizza is very delicious. He yawn and contemplating to continue sleeping but the pizza smell was so tempting, making his stomach growling. He took a photo of it and sent to Sungmin, saying that he got a free pizza from the nurses, and added some smiling emoticons. 

Sungmin replied with a "Wowww looked so delicious. Seemed like my boyfriend is very popular with the ladies there!" 

"Well, I'm taken so it's their loss" Kyuhyun replied back. And he added "Can't wait to see you here Sungmin". 

"Wait for me, I'll be there in no time!" Sungmin texted him with a smiling emoticon. 

Back in Kyuhyun's room, he put down his phone and sighed. How he wished Sungmin is here. He washed his hands and started eating. The pizza was from Pizzeria Popolare, one of the best pizza place in Paris. It served authentic pizzas and has good Stracciatella cheese on it. He must remember to bring Sungmin to this pizza place when he's here. Kyuhyun reminded himself to thank the nurses and he looked at his box. Wow, he must be so hungry because he finished up all 8 slices!!! 

Sungmin smile to himself after replying Kyuhyun. How he missed him! He can't wait to fly to Paris to be with his dear Dr Cho. 

"Sungmin!" he looked up when he heard someone calling his name. He walked towards the lift lobby where Dr Park was standing there with a piece of paper. "Yes Dr Park?" 

"Guess what? I just receive a report from Saint-Louis that Kyuhyun has done well! He assisted with a brain haemorrhage patient and it was successful!! The victim's family convey their thanks to the doctors, including Kyuhyun, so the hospital sent us a report including praising Kyuhyun for a job well done!!. I'm so proud of him, Sungmin!" Dr Park said happily. 

Sungmin recalled that Kyuhyun has to go urgently while eating his sandwich. "Wow, I'm proud of him too! I know he will bring glory to our hospital!" Sungmin praise his dear Dr Cho honestly. 

"Oh yes, I heard that you are flying to Paris to meet him" 

"Ahh yes, I'm flying next Friday night" 

"I hope you and him are just good friend. You know, you shouldn't spoil his reputation if you are hoping to be more than a friend" 

"What do you mean, Dr Park?" 

"Sungmin, I know he was staying at your place when he was recovering. And he likes you. But please understand that in our medical world, Doctor's reputation is very important. It can bring glory or it can bring down a doctor's future. So I hope you understand and think of his future as one of Korea's top surgeon".

"I understand Dr Park. I'm sorry, I have to go back to my station now. Thank you for telling me about Dr Cho's success in Saint-Louis" Sungmin bowed and walked back to his station. 

He felt like crying and increase his walking speed. His tears threatened to drop and luckily, no other nurse was at the nurse station. He sat down on his seat and but couldn't stop himself from sobbing. He grabbed a serviette and dashed towards the changing room. Once he had closed the door, he cried and cried. 

He felt sad that Dr Park said that to him. He knew Dr Park meant well and wanted to protect his friend's reputation, but what is wrong with having a same gender relationship? Sungmin think back, at the beginning of their relationship, he did say the same thing to Kyuhyun. That Kyuhyun needs to think of his reputation, but Kyuhyun didn't care because he loves him. Kyuhyun loves him. And he loves Kyuhyun. He can't leave Kyuhyun now because they are more than just friends. They are lovers and couldn't live without the other. 

Sobbing, Sungmin thought to himself "I will still fly to Paris to meet him and be with him. After that, maybe I will decide how best to break off our relationship and leave Kyuhyun..." 

​​​​​