Met up finally

Night shift


Sungmin couldn't sleep during his flight to Charles de Gaulle. He kept remembering Dr Park's words. Is it true that he will ruin Kyuhyun's career and reputation if he continue his relationship with Kyuhyun? His eyes started tearing again so he quickly dabbed it with a tissue.

His head told him to be careful and think hard about their relationship. His heart told him don't listen to others and to trust Kyuhyun. Talk to him and discuss what should be the next step. It's their happiness and not other people's happiness, so why should he let other people ruin it?

"I will assess the situation first, then I will decide, whether to continue or break off with him.." he told himself and tried to sleep after wiping his tears. 

His plane reached Charles de Gaulle in the morning. He didn't recall what time he eventually fall asleep the previous night, and only woke up when the air-stewardess shook him gently to wake him up for breakfast earlier this morning. 

All his worries disappeared the minute he saw Kyuhyun waving at him outside the arrival hall of CDG Terminal 1. Ohh how he missed him!! Waving back while walking towards the baggage reclaim area, he was scolding himself for thinking of leaving the love of his life, just because a third party told him to do so. How stupid could he be! 

He felt!like crying when Kyuhyun stepped forward to embrace him. And at that moment, he realised that he loved Kyuhyun too much to ever want to leave him! And didn't he promised Kyuhyun when Kyuhyun was in the ICU, that he would never leave him? 

"Min!! Welcome to Paris!! I miss you so much!!" Kyuhyun held him tightly. 

"I miss you too, Kyu!!!" Sungmin smile and hugged Kyuhyun back. It felt good to be in Kyuhyun's arms, finally. He looked great in long coat and so dashingly handsome. 

"Let's go! We can talk at home!" 

"You drive?" 

"Yup, i took up a long-term rented car which is covered by the exchange program. Come, let me take your luggage. Ohh you bought perfume??" Kyuhyun said when he saw the 2 paperbags carried by Sungmin. 

"Yes, bought for you too, since it's cheaper at the duty free!" Sungmin said and started walking next to Kyuhyun. 

"Which perfume did you buy for me?" Kyuhyun said smiling at Sungmin teasingly. He was ready to tease his boyfriend in case Sungmin forgot and bought another brand. 

"Aqva Bvlgari. Your favorite!" Sungmin smile widely. 

"You know me so well, babe!!!" 

"Of course. Coz I missed that smell!!" Sungmin laughed. 

"So, should we hug more, since you missed my body smell??" 

"Dr Cho! We are in public!!!" 

"So what? They don't understand our language!" 

"Ah yes, I forgot about that!! Talking about language, any problems with communication at your workplace?" 

They had reached the carpark and Kyuhyun unlocked his rented car. "I can survive so far, with my limited knowledge of French!!" Kyuhyun laughed. "The problem with these French people is, they refuse to talk in English eventhough they know how to speak and that they are talking with us, foreigners. They continued talking in French, so those words that I don't know, I have to guess based on their facial expression or body language!" Kyuhyun said while putting Sungmin's luggage in the car boot. 

Sungmin put his paper bags and his  haversack at the back seat. "So, my doctor has been surviving well so far, I see. And I am very sure you are a popular doctor!" Sungmin laughed. They both got into the car. 

"Did I detect a tinch of jealousy there??" Kyuhyun smile. 

"Why should I be jealous, I know that you are mine!!" Sungmin smile  at his dear Dr Cho. 

Kyuhyun smile back, reached out for Sungmin and hugged him. He really missed Sungmin terribly. Letting him go partially, he captured Sungmin's lips in a deep kiss. "I miss you, Min, really really miss you. Have you been doing well back home?" Kyuhyun Sungmin's cheeks and his jawline. How he missed him! 

"Yes, I've been well. I have moved in to your home, by the way, so I let Sungjin stayed in my old apartment since he managed to secure the internship in Daejeon" Sungmin smile, and leaned in again to kiss Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun kissed him back lovingly and hugged him again, before letting him go to start his car. 

Looking at Sungmin's expression, Kyuhyun could sense that there was something that Sungmin has been holding back, but he guessed that they have plenty of time to talk later, so he let it go and started driving. 

"Kyu, do you like working here in Paris?" 

"Hmmm, what do you mean? As in do I enjoyed working here?" 

"As in, would you migrate and continue working here, instead of in Daejeon or Seoul?" 

Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin and asked "Why the question? I don't mind working here in a long term, provided that you are with me, as in, we both migrate here". 

"Really?" Sungmin felt so touch that Kyuhyun always included him in his future plan. 

They were at a red light junction and Kyuhyun turned to him "Of course! My future and my life will always be with you, Min. I can't live without you and I don't want to be where I couldn't be with you" Kyuhyun said honestly. "Min, is there something wrong? Did somebody said something to you?" 

Sungmin looked down. How should he say it? Keep it to himself or be honest with Kyuhyun? 

"Ok ok, let's talk when we reach my place ok. It's the next block" Kyuhyun pointed in front. He wanted Sungmin to have a good break and enjoy their time together. He didn't want Sungmin to be sad or kept something to himself. 

Kyuhyun's apartment is in Le Marais, in the 3rd Arrondissement, 75003 Paris, France. Though he hardly slept in this apartment as he was always at the hospital, he loved this area, and would walk around when he has a day off or if he went back to sleep in his apartment. To him, Le Marais is the closest he would get to the feel of medieval Paris and has more pre-revolutionary buildings and streets left intact than any other area in Paris. A glance at some of the beautiful buildings and houses indicates the wealthy status of the former residents.  No wonder his rent was on a higher side eventhough his bed was on a loft! 

The Marais is also known for its numerous art galleries and design shops, and lots of sidewalk cafes, and he couldn't wait to bring Sungmin around and he was sure Sungmin would love it. 

Kyuhyun led Sungmin to his 2nd floor apartment. 

"Wow, it's so cozy and comfortable!! And this area looks awesome! I want to explore by foot! Have you been walking around this area?" Sungmin went to the window to look outside. 

"When I have the time, yes, I did walked around a couple of times. But I slept in the hospital room lately, so haven't had time to explore more. We walk around and look for food, later?" Kyuhyun brought Sungmin's luggage into his wardrobe area. 

"Min, I hope you don't mind that the bed is on the loft? We have to climb that wooden ladder" 

"Wow, that's cute!!! Can I go up and see?" Sungmin was practically running towards the ladder and started climbing up. "Wow, it's so comfortable!! And you hardly sleeps here?? What a waste!" 

"So shall we be comfortable now before we go out and eat??" Kyuhyun had climbed up as well and teasingly tried to move towards Sungmin to catch him. 

Laughingly, Sungmin tried to dodge himself from Kyuhyun and they ended up having a small pillow fight and laughing madly at each other. Kyuhyun managed to catch Sungmin and started kissing him and it went on and on and they ended up making love as both were hungry for each other. 

Two hours later, freshed from shower, they started walking around Le Marais to look for food. Parisians don't really mind same gender relationship, so Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin's hand and refused to let it go. They walked along cobblestone streets wind through Le Marais' dizzying network of hidden courtyards, provocative galleries, and ivy-covered boulangeries.

They settled in Breizh Cafe, at 109 Rue Vieille du Temple, because Sungmin saw the advertisement on their mouth-watering crepes at the cafe door! Apparently, it seemed that everything at the Breizh (‘Breton’ as in Breton) is 100% authentic, including its organic-flour crêpes and galettes (savoury buckwheat crêpes) that top many Parisians' lists for the best in the city, according to Lonely Planet webpage, which Kyuhyun managed to check while walking in. 

Once they had settled and placed their orders, Kyuhyun reached for Sungmin's hand under the table and said "Min, I know there is something on your mind. Wanna talk about it? I want us to be open with each other and don't want any secrets between us".

Sungmin smiled and looked down. "I was asked to keep my distance from you and not to expect any special relationship from you. I cried for days, but you are absolutely right, I should talk about it with you and not make any rash decision". 

"What? Keep your distance from me? Who said that to you??" 

"Let's just say it was someone influential. He didn't know that we are already in a relationship so he went on and on about not wanting to spoil your image and that I shouldn't expect any special relationship".

"So you were contemplating to break off our relationship?" Kyuhyun was surprised when Sungmin nodded sadly. "Min, please, have more trust in me. Whatever happens, we need to go through it together. And thank you for telling me, but nobody dictates our future and has any rights to made a decision about us, except us. Please, don't have any thoughts about leaving me anymore. We are one, and I want to be with you forever" Kyuhyun squeezed his hand. 

"I wish for the same thing, Kyu, and I'm so sorry to have such thoughts. I just didn't want to marred your reputation". 

"You are not and I know how to uphold my status, you don't worry about that. I want us to be happy, together so promise me you will not leave me, ever". 

"I promise you" 

"Great! So, was that person Dr Park??" 

Sungmin looked up with surprised expression. "How did you know?"