Loving you

Night shift

Kyuhyun was quiet throughout the drive home, making Sungmin wondered what Dr Park had told him that made him in deep thoughts.

"Kyu, is everything alright? Did Dr Park asked you to come back to work earlier?"

Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin when he realised Sungmin was talking. Ohhh he has been in deep thought and he felt guilty for being quiet since they left the hospital.

"Hmmm no, but yes he was talking about work. Sorry Min, I was distracted by something, didn't mean to ignore you".

"It's alright, don't worry about it. Just that you are unusually quiet. Ohh can we drop by the supermarket?" 

"Yup sure" Kyuhyun turned in on the next junction towards Homeplus. Sooner or later he would  need to talk to Sungmin but he needed to think through first before he made any decision. Going to supermarket was a good thing because Sungmin would be busy looking for things and he could think some more. 

After getting what he needed, Sungmin couldn't take it anymore. He pulled Kyuhyun towards the cafe and 'parked' their trolley next to their seats. The cafe was quite empty with only an elderly couple at the far end. 

"Ok out with it. What's bothering you?" Sungmin said as soon as Kyuhyun had seated down after getting their drinks. 

"We could talk at home Min". 

"And I have to go through another round of silence on the way home? No." Sungmin put both his arms on the table, waiting for his dear Dr Cho to talk. 

Kyuhyun sighed. "Dr Park told me about the offer that Sapphire Hospital received from a hospital in France" and Kyuhyun told all the details to Sungmin. 

"So, what's stopping you to decide?" 

"You..." 

"Me? Kyu, you know for sure I will  encourage you to take this up. I will not stop you to go" 

"I know, but I can't. We just started staying together and this is my happiest moment and I want to be with you. I cannot be away from you for 2 whole months. I will miss you to death". 

Sungmin was happy that Kyuhyun felt that way but he cannot be shellfish. Kyuhyun's career should come first. 

"Kyu, there are a lot of ways to communicate. Facetime, video call, skype, anything is possible now. And remember I am moving to your house. We will be together again when you come back" 

"You don't miss me?" Kyuhyun said sadly. 

"Of course I do and I will miss you. In fact I miss you every single time if I'm away from you now. But I cannot be a show-stopper to your career. Especially this opportunity to bring our hospital name to glory. I am so proud of you to be chosen by our big boss" Sungmin said, in the hope of encouraging Kyuhyun. Then he continued "Ok, tell you what. How about I take 2 weeks leave on your last week there, and I join you in Paris?" 

"Oh you can? Do you still have enough leave? If you can, that will be wonderful, Min!! It will be bearable because I know I will be seeing you!" 

"I will check my leave balance when I'm at work. So please Kyu, do take up that offer. Make our hospital proud to be recognise by a hospital overseas. But will the language be a problem?" 

"No problem to me as I can speak French. But anyway they do speak English too". 

"Wow, you can speak French?" 

"I learned it as an additional subject during my degree. Not too fluent though, but should be able to survive" Kyuhyun laughed. He then look at Sungmin seriously. "Min, you are really ok for me to go?" 

"Yes, definitely! When is the exchange program?" 

"Next month. By then I should be recovered fully and back to work." 

"Ok, while you are away, I will move in to your home, and let my landlord know that I'll be terminating my rental of my apartment. By the way Kyu, I wanted to ask you if you mind Sungjin staying for a few days in your apartment. Now that you mention your exchange program, I think Sungjin would be here around the time you are in Paris" . 

"Oh, he will be in Daejeon? I thought he is still studying back home?" 

"Yes he still is, but he got internship interviews in a few places and one of it is here in Daejeon".

"Sure, why not. At least you have company and I won't be worried to much!" 

"Even if I'm alone, you don't have to worry, I'm so used to stay on my own". 

"But that was before we are in a relationship. Now that we are, and that you are mine, I couldn't help being worried". 

"I can take care of myself, Dr Cho". 

"I know you can, my dear nurse, but I can't help it".

Sungmin chukled "Ok, thank you, now I know that I really mean a lot to you"

"You are lucky that we are in a public area, otherwise you'll be kissed till midnight". 

"Woah, that's scary" Sungmin feign being scared, and continued 
"But let's go before the ice-cream melt". 

"You bought ice cream? You should have told me, then I would insist that we talk at home" 

"Yeah, because you finish all the ice cream in my fridge" 

"So now you are complaining... " 

"I wasn't. I was just answering you why I bought ice cream" 

"I got bored in the afternoon and the weather is hot, so I ate the ice cream".

"So that's why I bought new ones!" 

"And why are we arguing like an old married couple?" 

"Does old married couple argue about ice cream?" 

They both look at each other and burst out laughing. 

Deep down, Kyuhyun knew that they are in the comfortable phase of their relationship. He managed to break a lot of Sungmin's defences and put him at ease as compared to last time. 

He will definitely miss being with Sungmin when he's in Paris, Kyuhyun sighed to himself. 

Sungmin was actually sad because they would be separated soon when Kyuhyun went off to Paris. He too, couldn't live a day without seeing Kyuhyun, but as he had reminded himself so many times, he couldn't be selfish. 

And maybe they should move to the next stage in their relationship. Sungmin made up his mind, so nervously, he speak up to Kyuhyun after their dinner one night, a week before Kyuhyun's flight. 

"Kyu..." 

"Heyy baby" Kyuhyun looked up from the newspaper that he was reading. They had finished their dinner earlier and they had done their laundry too. 

"Hmmm, I think I'm ready" Sungmin said nervously while he seated slowly next to Kyuhyun. 

"Ready for what..?" Kyuhyun put his arm at the backrest, put down his newspaper and turned towards Sungmin, questioningly. 

Sungmin was nervous. He was fiddling with the edge of his shirt. So cute! Kyuhyun thought, smiling to himself. 

"Min? What...?" He held Sungmin's hand and kissed it. 

"Let's make love.." 

Kyuhyun looked at him with disbelief. "Are you sure? I don't want to force you".

"I am sure. I want you to make love to me".

Kyuhyun held Sungmin's face and with all the love that he could show, he kissed Sungmin. 

And he scooped Sungmin into his arms and carried him to their shared bedroom. 

​​​​​