An announcement

Night shift

Night Shift 18

The remaining days with Sungmin in Paris were terrific. They spent time together as and when Kyuhyun was off work and when it was time for Sungmin to fly home, Kyuhyun sent him to CDG airport and kissed him goodbye, promising to be back after his exchange program ended in a month's time.

They had a long discussion on migrating to France for good and had search for information on how to apply for permanent resident. Kyuhyun had also submitted his application to work in Saint Louis permanently and waiting for their reply. His senior had expressed his happiness that Kyuhyun has decided to join their hospital permanently and that his application should have no problem to get approved!

Once back in Daejeon, Sungmin started his night shift again. He was in good mood and was always smiling, even when some patients threw tantrum and were difficult to handle.

"Paris must be great, or was it the company??" Ryeowook .

"Hmmm, both I guess.. " Sungmin laughed. Then he turned towards Ryeowook, and said in a more serious tone "Wook, actually Dr Cho and me are contemplating to migrate to Paris... and..."

"What??? And you are leaving me here???"

"I'm sorry but I love Paris, and Dr Cho is already applying for a permanent post in Saint Louis, so I should be with him. I can get a job as a nurse there and..."

"No...... how could you leave this hospital? I thought you love it here? You can always visit him...?" Ryeowook tried to persuade Sungmin.

"Yes, it is true that I love this hospital, but my priorities have change, I guess. It's to be with him and to start our new life together".

"Is Dr Cho coming back here first?"

"Yes, end of this month" Sungmin smile, thinking about reuniting with his beloved soon. 

"Do you think Sapphire Hospital will release him? He is very precious to this hospital. He might face a difficult challenge"

"I agree, but I remembered he told me when he transfered here from Seoul, he didn't have any binding contract. So I guess Sapphire Hospital has no choice when he tendered his resignation".

"Hmmm, I can't stop you, can I?" Ryeowook looked sad.

"I'm so sorry, Wook..."

"As long as you are happy hyung, I'm happy too as your friend" Ryeowook finally tried to smile.

"Once we have settled down, I'll let you know our address so that you can visit us in Paris, ok?"

"If I have enough money to fly there! Or your Dr Cho might want to sponsor me??" Ryeowook laughed, followed by Sungmin.

They continued doing their work and Ryeowook updated him on their current patients' statuses while he was away, like who had been discharged and who were admitted and their illnesses. 

Sungmin made his rounds to ensure all patients had taken their medications and that they were preparing to sleep. Suddenly there was this European elderly man who started scolding one of the nurses and he was shouting in some foreign language. Sungmin walked towards the patient and asked the nurse what was wrong and whether they need to alert a doctor. 

"Sungmin oppa, I don't understand what he wanted, so I proceed to give him his medication. But he threw them away and started scolding me" the nurse, Sora, told him sadly. 

"Ok let me handle this Sora" 

"He's from France and the paramedics told us that he had injured his leg when he fell on our subway's staircase" 

"Ohh I see, and he's French. Interesting. Ok let me talk to him" Sungmin smile and trying hard to remember what he learned from Kyuhyun, he said to the elderly patient "Monsieur, nous avons besoin de vous pour prendre vos medicaments" (Sir, we need you to take your medications) 

"Ohhh, tu peux parler français?" (Ohh, you can speak French?) the elderly man said, starting to calm down. 

"Oui, un petit peu" Sungmin said, signalling that he can speak a little bit of French. How he wished that his dear Dr Cho was here. 

"Je veux aller aux toilettes et j'ai besoin d'aide pour marcher. Mais elle n'arrêtait pas de me demander de prendre les medicaments" the man said, pointing at Sora. (I want to go to the toilet, and I need help to walk. But she kept asking me to take the medications). 

"Ahhh, oui, d'accord je vais vous aider" (Ahh, yes, okay, I will help you) Sungmin hope that he has spoken correctly. If his Dr Cho was here, he must be rolling on the floor laughing, at his French!! 

"Mercie" the elderly man nodded and started to attempt to sit up. 

Sungmin stepped forward to help him and signalled to Sora to call Ryeowook. 

Together with Ryeowook, they help the elderly European patient to go to the toilet and helped him to washed his hand and face as well. 

"Mercie mercie" the man said, and signal that he could take his medications now. Sora bowed slightly and thanked Sungmin and Ryeowook for their help. 

"Wow hyung, he can speak French!! I'm impressed!!" Ryeowook praised him. 

"Kyu... err I mean, Dr Cho, has been teaching me, so I managed to pick up some sentences. But don't ask me to read French words, I will be totally lost!!" Sungmin giggled. 

Ryeowook chuckled "Well, you can start taking French classes before you start working there" 

"So, Wook, you approve of me resigning??" Sungmin . 

"Ahh hyung, how can I object if it is for your own future with Dr Cho? Go find your happiness and like I said, I am happy if you are happy!" Ryeowook smile. 

"Thanks Wook. What you said means a lot to me" Sungmin smile sincerely. He would definitely missed working with Ryeowook. 

Sungmin was apprehensive when drafting his resignation letter. He is resigning without a job and he hated to rely on people for his living expenses. He knew that while he has yet to secure a job in Paris, he has to rely on Kyuhyun for his expenses, but to be with him surpass any other matters, so he has to make this decision, and told himself that this is for his future with Kyuhyun. He planned to resign early so that he would have time to attend French classes before they migrate over. 

Kyuhyun came back to Sapphire Hospital and was applauded by the top management as they had received good feedback on him ftlm Saint Louis Hospital. They were proud of him and set a date for a celebration party, led by Dr Park. 

Sungmin told Kyuhyun not to tender first as they were planning the celebration party, as it wouldn't seem right that he tendered. 

"I must scold Dr Park fir planning this celebration party. What for? It only delays my resignation submission" Kyuhyun sighed for the 100 times. 

"They just want to celebrate the successful exchange programme, Kyu. So you should be honoured" Sungmin told him during their breakfast a few days after Kyuhyun came back. They had made love the night before as it was Sungmin's day off, and Sungmin cooked breakfast before Kyuhyun went to work. 

"I don't need to be honoured, seriously. I think Dr Park has something up his sleeves. If he didn't want something, he always dump it on me and make it as though it is a big thing to do" Kyuhyun said, feeling annoyed at Dr Park. 

"Just submit your letter after the celebration party ok. Give them some face" Sungmin smile. 

Kyuhyun leaned over and pecked his lips. "I missed you a lot after you left. I was counting the days to come back here to be with you" he smile and pecked Sungmin lips again. 

Sungmin chuckled "We'll be together after we migrate. You'll get sick of me leeching on you since I haven't get a job" 

"Never. I actually prefer you to stay at home. You are too beautiful to be out there in Paris. I don't trust French men!" 

Sungmin laughed "As I have told you so many times Dr Cho, I'm yours and forever will be yours" and they kissed again, both smiling happily. 

The celebration party was such a success. All staff not on duty attended to cheer the successful exchange program and to cheer for Dr Cho. Sungmin was proud of his boyfriend as the hospital management think highly of him as a surgeon. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make" the dean of Surgeon stood up and started to make an announcement. "Due to successful feedback from Saint Louis about Dr Cho Kyuhyun, and that senior Dr Kim has decided to retired, the Head of Surgeon now has a vacant position. I would like Dr Cho Kyuhyun to take up this position as Sapphire Hospital's Head of Surgeon!" 

The floor applaused loudly but both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were stump. How could Kyuhyun took up the Head of Surgeon position since he has decided to resign...?