The niece

Night shift


True to what he has texted Kyuhyun, Dr Park came with his niece. Apparently his niece was studying art in a private institution near Montmartre, and Dr Park visited her as well as touring France with his sister's family, which is his niece's parents.

"Kyu, this is Park Bom, my beautiful niece, and Bommie, this is Dr Cho Kyuhyun, one of our top surgeon. He's attached here to represent our hospital to share our expertise in surgical procedure" Dr Park introduce them proudly.

Kyuhyun stood up respectfully, smile and shook her hand. She has heavy make up and put on false eye lashes, and dyed her hair orangey-blond. She looked so plastic.

He has agreed to meet Dr Park for lunch in Cafe Louis Phillippe, near to Saint Louis Hospital. It's cosy, has internal spiral staircase for customers who wanted to be seated upstairs, and has pretty outside seats for customers who wanted to dine outside. Kyuhyun chose indoors and he didn't regret it, because the outside heat might melted Park Bom's heavy make-up!

They had ordered their food and talking casually about Saint Louis hospital, what Kyuhyun has gone through so far, and about Paris in general. Kyuhyun felt uncomfortable because Park Bom kept staring at him and kept interrupting their conversation to ask nonsense things.

He wished that he could join Sungmin in his hop-on hop-off bus. He missed him already and hope that this lunch would end soon.

"So, Kyu, how about you meet up with Bommie often so that she can have some company?" and turning to his niece, he said "Bomme, give your handphone number to Kyu!" Dr Park was smiling widely, trying very hard to match these 2 people. He was puzzled as Kyuhyun didn't show any interest in his beautiful niece and wondered if he has someone already.

"I'm sorry I don't think I have the time. It's hectic at the hospital, and I usually catch up on my sleep on my off-days" he said and looking at his watch "I have to go. Nice meeting with you hyung. Let's catch up again when I am back in Sapphire Hospital" Kyuhyun got up and bowed slightly at Park Bom "Nice meeting you, Park Bom-ssi".

Kyuhyun went to the cashier and paid for their food and drinks. He waved at Dr Park and stepped out from the cafe. He took a deep breath and started walking back to Saint Louis. He took out his phone when he felt that it buzzed.

"How was your lunch?" Sungmin texted him. 

Kyuhyun smile and type a reply "Waste of time. I rather lunch with you. Which part of Paris are you now?" and he click sent.

"Montmartre. Such a beautiful place and lots of souvenir shops. I can view the Eiffel Tower from here too! Hmmm, I have another 45 minutes to catch the next bus" Sungmin put in a 'dancing' emoticon. 

Smiling, Kyuhyun texted back "I'm so glad that you are enjoying yourself!! I meet you for dinner later? Where is your last stop?" 

"Champs Elysees. I want to go up the Arc de Triomphe. I should finish about 6pm. You ok to go there? Else I can find my way to your hospital" Sungmin replied him. 

"I finish my shift at 7pm. You take your time at the Arc, ok. I meet you at Victor Hugo. You just follow the direction to Victor Hugo Station" Kyuhyun texted back. 

"Ok, see you later love" Sungmin put a French kiss emoticon. 

"I miss you. See you later!" and Kyuhyun closed his phone flap, still smiling, as he stepped into Saint Louis hospital lobby. He couldn't wait to see Sungmin again! 

Sungmin loved Montmartre. He loved the ambience, the old buildings, the cobbled pathway and the view in general. Such a lovely and romantic place. He wished that Kyuhyun is with him now, but well, he can't, so there's nothing Sungmin could do but tour by himself. 

Montmartre is a large hill in Paris's 18th arrondissement. It is 130 m high and gives its name to the surrounding district, part of the Right Bank in the northern section of the city. Montmartre is primarily known for its artistic history, the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur on its summit, and as a nightclub district. The other church on the hill, Saint Pierre de Montmartre, built in 1147, was the church of the prestigious Montmartre Abbey, which is equally beautiful as the Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur. 

Sungmin continued to walk around and decided to stop for a drink in a cute and quaint little corner cafe, near to the hop-on bus stop. 

"Hey beautiful, can I get you a drink?" suddenly a tall guy was next to him as he stepped into the cafe. 

Surprised, Sungmin practically jumped away and then with an open-mouth, said "Kyu!!! What are you doing here?? I thought you are at the hospital!!" 

Kyuhyun laughed and hugged Sungmin to ease his surprise. "I just decided to take the afternoon off and took a uber here, coz I left my car at the apartment. I couldn't wait till dinner to see you again" Kyuhyun smile widely after letting Sungmin go. 

Sungmin playfully punched him. "So cheesy. And how did you know that I decided to come into this cafe?" Sungmin said, still smiling happily. Indeed, he is very happy that Kyuhyun is here. 

"I knew that you will be taking the hop-on bus from Montmartre, so after I alighted from the uber, I waited there, then I saw you walking towards the cafe. So I entered from the other side door" Kyuhyun laughed, pointing to the door. 

"Ohhhhh... Hmmm, so you've been spying on me!... " Sungmin said teasingly. He was relief that it was Kyuhyun actually. Had it been a stranger, he wouldn't know how to react. 

Kyuhyun laughed "I told you that I didn't want any guys to grab a chance at my beautiful boyfriend" and still laughing, he continued "I'll get both of us fruit soda each, and we drink it on the bus?" Kyuhyun suggested. Smiling, Sungmin nodded and followed Kyuhyun to the cashier. 

"Kyu, are you sure that it's ok for you to take the afternoon off? I don't want you to get into trouble because of me..." 

"It's ok, don't worry. I had a 48 hours duty just before you arrived, so I have a day off, which I haven't even utilised. So when I applied for the afternoon off just now, the head of Surgeon agreed without asking, and even chase me out before any emergency case crop up" Kyuhyun smile while started sipping his fruit soda. 

They boarded the hop-on bus and climbed up to the upper deck. Kyuhyun has to pay for his ticket because he boarded the bus from half-point. Next destination is Champs Elysees and along the way, the tourist guide narrated about Arc de Triomphe and it's history. 

The Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous monuments in  Paris, France, standing at the western end of the  Champs-Élysées at the centre of Place Charles de Gaulle, or "star" due to it being in the midfke of the juncture formed by its twelve radiating avenues. The location of the arc and the plaza is shared between three  arrondissements, 16th (south and west), 17th (north) and 8th (east). The Arc de Triomphe honours those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary  and Napoleonic Wars, with the names of all French victories and generals inscribed on its inner and outer surfaces. 

"Wow, to go up to the top, we have to climb 284 steps!!" Sungmin said while reading the Hangeul version of the pamphlet. 

"And mind you, the staircase is small and not well ventilated" Kyuhyun told him. 

"Ohh, but should be ok right. Only 284 steps?" Sungmin was saying while still reading the pamphlet. 

"I'm ok, I worried about you. In case you fainted half way, I have to carry you all the way up". 

"And, is that a problem, my dear boyfriend??" 

"No, but I carry you piggy-back style, so you are so near to me, so I might get aroused half way up..." 

"Kyu!!! People will hear us!!!" Sungmin scolded Kyuhyun softly and punched him playfully. 

"They don't understand Korean!!" Kyuhyun replied back and pinched his nose teasingly. They laughed and got up when the bus stopped near to the arc. 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin away from the pathway and held him back. "Wh... What happen??" Sungmin asked with surprised. 

"Shhhh... Dr Park and his niece are there. I think they had just descent from the Arc. They didn't see us..." 

"Ohhhh..." 

Kyuhyun led Sungmin to another path and they quietly walked towards the Arc. They paid for the  tickets and headed towards the staircase entrance. Kyuhyun glanced and dive a bit when Park Bom was looking at their direction. He quickly led Sungmin into the staircase. 

"Uncle, I thought I saw Dr Cho just now..." Park Bom nudged her uncle. 

"Huh? Dr Cho? Can't be, he is back at Saint Louis Hospital. You might see the wrong person Bommie".. Dr Park chided his niece. They continued walking towards the Metro entrance. 

Park Bom was sure that it was Dr Cho that she saw. But brushing it aside, she continued walking with her uncle...