I love you. So much.

Unlikely Family

Jonghyun jumped out of bed, late for class once again. Finding Key hogging the bathroom again did not improve his frustration.

“Seriously? Key, I need to wash my hair. Why are you always in here when I need to get ready for class?” Jonghyun hissed. Key sighed dramatically.

“Why are you always late?” he shot back.

“It wouldn’t matter! You’re in here for so goddamn long, you’d still be in my way if I woke up on time!”

“I see you have a problem with my routine…Well, I’m sorry but beauty takes time, Jonghyun.” Key said calmly.

“You’re damn right I have a problem with it! It’s ridiculous and you’re always in my way. I just want a five-minute shower. But, noooo. You have to spend two freaking hours every morning making yourself look ‘beautiful’. You don’t even need to!” Jonghyun yelled in a rush. Key looked at his boyfriend, who practically had steam shooting from his ears.

“Are you finished?”

“…No. As a matter of fact, I have other issues with you right now. Why are you trying to control everything I do? I survived without you before. I don’t need you to tell me how to do my laundry and when to do my homework and to eat healthy food. All the time, you’ve been nagging me about something every day. You’re not my mother! You haven’t even been here that long and you’re telling me everything I do is wrong!” Jonghyun complained.

“Well, if you took my advice and went to sleep before 2am, maybe you’d wake up and you wouldn’t be late all the time…”

“I had to stay up to finish my homework.” Jonghyun said through gritted teeth.

“If you did your homework earlier instead of playing your stupid video games like I told you, you wouldn’t-”

“Oh my god, not this argument again. I told you the games are a break from schoolwork before I start my homework.”

“Why can’t you do something with me as a break? Do you realize that the only conversations we’ve had for the past few days have been fights?!” Key said, sitting up and raising his voice for the first time.

“Maybe you should stop nagging me all the time!”

“Maybe you should stop being a jackass in the morning!” Key yelled back, throwing a soapy sponge and hitting the clean shirt that Jonghyun had just put on.

“Aish! Goddamnit Key!” Jonghyun hissed as he left the room to get another shirt. Key listened as he stomped around, gathering his stuff before the front door slammed. He sat back in the tub and massaged his temples, letting out a sigh. All these issues seem so petty. They should be easy to fix. We just need to have a calm conversation without insulting each other or yelling…Of course, he is more in the wrong than I am. But I won’t say that. I’ll just try to compromise. I still love him, even though he's a big idiot. I’ll send him a text and ask to meet after class…

~~~~~~~~~

Taemin walked up to the door of his dorm, stopping just before he opened it. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion and he leaned toward the door, hearing music and the sound of multiple voices. He opened the door and his mouth dropped at the sight of his mother and father sitting on his couch along with his boyfriend.

“Umma? Appa? What are you…” Taemin’s voice trailed away as he looked at the tv screen, where the tape of his ballet performance was playing. He looked at his parents' smiling faces and back to the tv, failing to comprehend what was happening. Junhyung paused the video.

“Taemin-ah. I’m so sorry we didn’t come for the real thing.” His mother stood and walked over to hold her son’s face in her hands. “You look so wonderful, even in the recording. I can’t believe it. Your dancing is so beautiful, honey.” She said with a smile. Taemin’s eyes were wide.

“…You mean, you like it?” he blinked.

“I love it, honey. I’m so proud of you.” She said with a warm smile.

“P-proud?” Taemin’s eyes filled with tears as her words sunk in. She nodded and he let out a small sob before crashing into her.

“I love you, umma! Thank you!” he cried into her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around him, returning the hug.

“I’m sorry your father and I haven’t been there for you.” She whispered. Taemin looked up at his father and gave him a questioning, hesitant look.

“Appa? D-do you like my performance?” he said while slowly pulling away from his mother’s hug. His father stood and coughed. There was a surly look on his face.

“Well, son. I don’t know anything about ballet, but from the looks of this video I reckon you’re pretty darn good at it.”

“Really?”

“…Yeah, really. And, uh, son I just wanna say that I never meant to make you upset. I never thought I’d like all the fancy events you invite us to, but shoot. Maybe I would.” He said with a smile, looking at the screen. He didn’t see Taemin coming until he crashed into him, giving him a tight hug. He looked startled, but patted the boy’s head.

“I love you appa.”

“…I love you too, son.” His father said quietly. At this, Taemin started crying again and his mother took him from his bewildered looking father. She hugged him again and whispered, “I’m sorry I never dragged your father out to see you, honey. We’ll come from now on, okay?” Taemin looked up, finally calming down.

“I would love that. But why? Why are you here? Why now?” he looked at his mother in confusion, who just looked at Junhyung.

“You can thank your friend for that.” She said, smiling at Junhyung. 

“He called and harassed us on the phone and then showed up at our door! He told us all about you being upset and tried to make us feel guilty. He didn’t leave us alone until I agreed to watch a recording of your show.” Taemin’s dad said in a slightly agitated voice.

“But it’s a good thing he did, right?” Taemin’s mother said, pushing her husband on the shoulder.

“…Yes, that’s true. He’s a good kid, very determined…”

“Thank you sir.” Junhyung said with a huge smile, inclining his head in a small bow. Taemin slowly walked toward him and tried to convey the words ‘I love you’ in the look he gave him.

“Thank you.” He said in a small voice before wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. Junhyung hugged back and said, “No problem, Taemin-ah.” Not wanting to hold on too long, lest his parents become suspicious, Taemin turned with a bright smile.

“Would you guys like to hear the cello solo I’m working on?”

 

His parents listened to his cello solo, along with his endless excited babble about all the things he was working on. For the first time in his life, Taemin saw interest in their eyes instead of shock or skepticism. At times he felt so happy he almost cried again. They began to look a little lost and worried when he started talking about his latest mission with NASA however, so he simply stayed away from the subject for the rest of the night. They ended up staying for hours and Junhyung made dinner for everyone. They left after finally managing to pull away from their vivacious son’s hugs.

Taemin closed the door and leaned against it, staring at his boyfriend with a touched look in his eyes. Junhyung merely leaned against the counter and smiled.

“I can’t believe it. After all these years…” Taemin whispered, looking down.

“Believe it! I told you they always loved you. They just needed a good slap in the face.” Junhyung said smugly. Taemin chuckled softly, but when he looked up his face was more serious. He slowly walked over and held Junhyung’s face, his cheeks with his thumbs.

“I love you. So much.” He said softly. Junhyung slipped his arms around his waist to pull him closer, pressing his lips against Taemin’s. It was sweet and slow, but full of passion as Taemin tried to convey his feelings through the kiss. They broke apart and kept their faces close, smiling at each other.

“You comforted me when I was depressed, you gave me companionship when I was lonely, and now you’ve given me my parents’ attention. What could I possibly give you in return?” Taemin whispered.

“I’ve already got you, jagi-yah. I don’t need anything else… Although, I would appreciate it if you considered telling your parents about us soon.” He said. Taemin’s smile faltered.

“I don’t know. I don’t want to ruin everything. They’d probably shun me and I’d lose them again.”

“Don’t worry, I can charm them back to you again.” Junhyung smiled and played with Taemin’s hair.

“Yeah. I’m not so sure that will work in this situation, yeobo. Seriously, they are old fashioned. I don’t think I should tell them…”

“Jagi-yah! Can you just promise me…promise me that you’ll tell them someday.” Junhyung said, becoming serious and looking into Taemin’s eyes.

“If it means so much to you…I promise.” Taemin said quietly, earning another hug and a smile from Junhyung.

“Yes, it does. I don’t like having to pretend in front of them. Next time my boyfriend bursts into tears in the presence of his parents, I would like to comfort him instead of just standing there. You have no idea how hard it was to hold myself back.”

“Haha, oh it’s okay yeobo! They were tears of joy!” Taemin laughed.

“Either way, I have to hold my baby when he cries…”

“…Okay. I’ll tell them someday.”    

---------------------------------------------

“You are gonna love these houses, baby!” Minho said excitedly. “Turn here.”

Minho was directing Chohee, telling her how to get to the first house on his list. He had decided to go with his favorite one right away, with hopes that she would like it and they could stop looking. He had decided to let her drive so that he could read the directions and tell her how to get there himself. This way, they didn’t have to use the annoying GPS. She drove the flashy Lamborghini over a hilly road which was about a half hour drive away from the school. 

“Are we almost there?” she asked skeptically, thinking that a thirty minute drive to school and back home every day would be ridiculous.

“You have reached your destination.” Minho said, mocking the GPS.

“What?!” Chohee laid on the breaks, having been going way too fast to make a turn, causing both of them to lean forward in their seats, held up by the security seatbelt locking feature. “Why didn’t you say so? Where is the turn?”

Minho chuckled. “Relax, baby. This is the driveway.”

The car was now moving at a slow crawl while Chohee took a second to look around the heavily wooded area on either side of the paved path, big enough for two cars to fit through. She saw no sign at all that there was a house nearby or that this was someone’s driveway. Up ahead however, she could see a bend in the road and a large amount of sunlight filtering through. 

Getting excited, Chohee sped up and rounded the bend. She blinked in the bright sunlight and slipped her sunglasses back over her eyes to get a clear look at the house. It was bathed in the light that gleamed off the small lake that sat below the bridge that they were now on. She couldn't image how she possibly could have missed it before, even with the sun in her eyes.

“Holy !”

“You like it?” Minho asked excitedly from the passenger seat. He started gesturing to different areas. “We can teach her to swim in the lake, and soccer over there, and how to ride a bike right there, and-”

“What the hell, Minho?!?” Chohee cut him off. “You want to live here?!? This place is ing huge!!! We could fit our dorms in here like forty five times over!” 

“But… but this one is my favorite…” Minho's excitement deflated and he very much resembled a child whose ice cream had just fallen off the cone. 

Chohee gave him an exasperated look. “How much property comes with this house?”

“Well…” Minho glanced at her then looked back at the house. “You get all of the lake, and- What are you doing?”

As soon as Chohee heard the first part, she put the car in reverse and turned it around. “We can’t live here, Minho.”

“How come?” he whined like a little kid. “I like this one!”

Chohee laughed at him as she drove back down the driveway. “It’s unnecessary. I am not letting you spend tons of money on space that we don’t need. Now, did you pick any smaller houses? Or should we just go home and try again another time?”

Minho looked down at his hands. "The others aren't smaller...But they aren't exactly the same size as this one..."

“Dear lord Minho! Where did you find houses bigger than this one?”

He shrugged without looking up at her. “I have connections…”

Chohee stopped the car before leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. “I know that you only want the best for us, but we don’t need this much. Let’s come out again next weekend and decide on something that we both like, ok?”

Minho smiled up at her and took the hand she held out to tangle their fingers together while she drove.

After a while of driving, with the radio on, not talking to each other, Chohee let go of Minho’s hand so she could run her fingers through her hair, brushing her bangs out of her face. “Does this look right to you?” she asked him. “I think maybe I turned the wrong way back at that stop sign…”

“I really wasn’t paying any attention.” Minho said. “Why don’t you turn into that subdivision up ahead and we can check.”

Chohee nodded and drove where he directed. When she pulled into the subdivision, they were met with a row of beautiful houses. She pulled over and glanced at the house across the street, noticing a sign in the front yard that said:

FOR SALE, OPEN HOUSE TODAY!

Minho and Chohee both looked up at the house before exchanging a glance. Without saying a word to each other, they climbed out of the car. They stood looking at a two story house with plenty of room and a large front yard. The house itself was beautiful; it had a wide window that covered the span of the top floor of the house, giving it an open, airy feel. It was built with wood and brick of various shades of rich brown and the lights cast over the large porch gave off a golden, orangey glow. It looked spacious, yet warm and inviting.

Minho grabbed Chohee’s hand and they went inside to explore. They only spoke to decide which room to go to next, not mentioning their opinions at all. Their opinions were written all over the looks they occasionally gave each other. It was new and different, but they were both overwhelmed with a strong sense of belonging. 

Once they had seen the whole house, they stopped at the front door and looked in at the large, open dinning and living room area. Chohee wrapped herself around Minho’s arm and whispered in his ear.

“This is our house.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun walked out of his last class for the day and checked his phone. He had a message from Key.

I’m sorry about this morning. I want to talk with you and work it all out. Meet me in the nature walk after your class?

Jonghyun sighed as he read it. He had cooled down since that morning and realized that although he was annoyed, he only said those things because he was grumpy. He was not exactly a morning person. In any case, he still didn’t like Key’s behavior. But he mostly felt guilty about the fight.

Sure yeobo, I’ll be there in a minute. I’m sorry too. It was my fault that we fought.

I love you.

Jonghyun sent his message and headed toward their usual spot in the nature walk. He paced around, checking the path every so often to see if Key was almost there. He checked his phone to see if Key ever replied, but he had no messages. He became impatient after about ten minutes and decided to walk toward their dorm in hopes of catching Key on his way there.

Hmm. I thought he would be there waiting for me since it was his idea…

He had made it out of the nature walk and half way to their dorm when he thought he heard Key’s voice. He stopped and looked around, not seeing anyone. He kept walking and saw movement behind a nearby tree, so he ran toward it, wondering if Key had stopped to talk to someone. When he finally caught a glimpse of his boyfriend, the call of his name got caught in his throat.

There was someone there with him, alright. A boy Jonghyun had never seen before had his hands on Key’s waist, pinning him against the tree. Their lips were touching and it was not just a peck; it was more like a heated make-out session. And the worst part was that Key’s hands were hooked in the boy’s hair and he was kissing back with just as much enthusiasm. Jonghyun felt a sharp pain in his chest and a sick feeling in his stomach all at once. Time seemed to move in slow motion and a voice yelled in his head, but it took several moments for Jonghyun to gain control of his voice again and make the yell real.

“YAH!” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger!

MWAhahahahaha!

ahem. 

So who is this mystery boy? And what the hell is Kibum doing with him? FOR SHAME!

Well at least JunTae and ChoHo (chohee and minho) are happy!...

You still mad?

IDGAF

<3 Krys

Hi, just wanted to say that

I HAATE KRYS UNNIE!!!

I wanted to write the evil ciff hanger part

but she did it while I wasnt looking

and I was like

 Aww-Key-shinee-16629401-800-1200.jpg

 4737166135_46c9505844.jpg

 n9642p_thumb.jpg

and she was like

 201022763045.jpg

well...

Bye~

~Jinjae

 

 

 

<>