I'm sorry, jagi-yah

Unlikely Family

Taemin put a hand on the large curtain, pulling it back slightly to peer out at the audience. It was about fifteen minutes before the ballet would begin and people were still buzzing around, talking and finding their seats. He spotted his group of friends, but his eyes were searching for someone else.

“Jagi-yah. You should stop worrying about your parents and make sure you are ready for the show.” Junhyung said, coming up behind him and rubbing his shoulders. He had come backstage to wish Taemin luck.

“They never said for sure that they aren’t coming. And I’ve been ready.” Taemin said, taking another look at the audience before turning to face Junhyung. He took to bouncing nervously again, like he had been ever since he got into costume.

“Relax. I know you’ll do a wonderful job.”

“Thanks. I’m just going to assume that they’ll show up in the next fifteen minutes and I’ll make sure I do my best for them.” Taemin smiled. Junhyung smiled back sadly. Then the director yelled for everyone to get into their places. Taemin jumped and gave Junhyung a quick hug before rushing away.

“Break a leg, jagi-yah!” Junhyung called after him.

Junhyung returned to his seat next to the others. They all watched as the story of the Nutcracker came to life in a chorus of talented dancers on a beautiful set. All of their eyes searched for their young friend. Of course, it was easy to find him since he was the mouse king. They watched in awe as he did a dancing duel with the Nutcracker, moving with amazing elegance and skill. Unfortunately, he had to lose because he was the bad guy of the story, after all. But he lost with impeccable grace. He showed up later as a different character in the Arabian dance, again amazing them with his skill and interesting personal style. When the show was over, Taemin rushed out to their seats in the audience. He was immediately pulled into a series of hugs, accompanied by everyone’s compliments.

“My baby! Come here! That was so beautiful!” Key fawned all over him, hugging him and handing him a big bouquet of flowers. Taemin laughed.

“Thanks umma!” he said happily. After everyone had told him how great he had been, Junhyung finally made his way to Taemin’s side.

“Jagi-yah…” he said in a low voice, taking Taemin’s hand and planting a soft kiss on it. “Your dancing is breath-taking.” Taemin merely smiled and blushed. Then Junghyung brought his other hand from behind his back and handed Taemin a single red rose. His eyes widened before he gave Junhyung a warm smile and wrapped his arms around him. Then Taemin pulled away to look around.

“I’m sorry, jagi-yah, but they never came. I got it all on tape, though. Maybe they’ll watch it sometime.”

“Yeah…” Taemin frowned and buried his face in Junhyung’s chest, giving him a squeeze.

“Why don’t you go change? We all decided to go out for ice cream afterward. How does that sound?” Junhyung asked. Taemin looked up, his face lighting up again.

“Really? Ok! I’ll wear my costume there, it’ll be fun!” Taemin said, bouncing excitedly. Junhyung just chuckled and ruffled his hair.     

~~~~~~~~~~

“Turn left ahead!” Minho followed the directions given to him by his over-priced and under-used GPS as he headed to the first address that Chohee had plugged into it for him. She rode in the passenger seat of his flashy yellow Solstice, shuffling through some papers.

“Yeobo,” she spoke over the annoying voice of the GPS, “I am so excited to see these houses in person! I think you are gonna love them. They are all so cute.”

Minho smirked. “I‘m sure I will love them baby, after all, you picked them out. My only requirement is that the house has to be perfect for my two special girls.”

“Oh?” Chohee asked with a joking tone, “do you have another woman on the side that will be staying with us?”

“What do you mean?” Minho took his eyes off the road to shoot her a confused look.

Chohee couldn’t help but smile at the joke she was making. “Well the house is for you, me, and your son. So who is the other special girl?”

Minho rolled his eyes at her and put the car in park.

“You have reached your destination!” The GPS said in its loud, obnoxious voice.

“Oh, really?” Minho asked the machine as he turned the car off. “I hadn’t noticed that I was stopped at the place where I wanted to go. Thanks for letting me know.”

Chohee giggled. “Why did you buy that thing if it just annoys you?”

Minho smiled at her. “It’s helpful when we need it.”

They climbed out of the car and Minho found himself faced with Chohee’s first idea of a house that the two of them could share with their baby.

His eyes widened at the sight and Chohee misread his reaction.

“It’s cute isn’t it?” She grabbed his hand and lead him towards the gate that surrounded the one-story, white house. There was a small garage smushed between the house and the property line. The house looked barley big enough for him to put all of his belongings, let alone Chohee’s and their baby's. 

Minho didn’t answer, but let her lead him inside and he kept his mouth shut through the entire tour through the inside of the house. It had two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, a dining room and a living room. All of them much too small, in Minho's opinion. 

When they got back in the car, Chohee started fiddling with the GPS again, putting in the next address.

“That one isn’t my favorite of the ones that I picked, but it is cute, don’t you think?”

Minho smiled at her and gave a non-committal grunt, letting out a silent sigh of relief, hoping that the rest of the houses would be more up to his standards.

“Where to now?” Minho asked.

“She’ll tell you.” Chohee said as the annoying female voice began to yell at them.

Minho followed it and ended up in a nice looking area. He was getting more hopeful as they kept driving, but that quickly changed.

“You have reached your destination.”

Minho stared out the front windshield in disbelief. “Did you put the address in wrong?”

“No, this is it.” Chohee looked at him. “I know that it’s small, but this is a really nice area and the school system here is wonderful…”

Minho had a hard time keeping his voice even, he was utterly flabbergasted that she would even think to look at a place like that. I told her that I want to bring all of  the furniture I inherited from my parents. Does she have no idea how big our house was?

Sure this one was a two story house, but from the looks of it on the outside, there couldn’t have been more than one bedroom, one bathroom a kitchen and a dining room. And there was almost no yard what so ever. He wondered where he would go to teach his little girl to play soccer. “Chohee could you really see the three of us living here?”

“It’s just one option…” she said as though she really didn’t want to.

Minho smiled at her and handed her the GPS. “Why don’t we just go to the one that is your favorite of the ones you picked.”

She smiled back and plugged the new address in, and shortly they were off once again, led by the obnoxious woman.

“You have reached yo-” Minho turned off the GPS before it could finish the annoying sentence. He looked out the windshield at the decent house that sat in front of him.

It was a good sized two story house, with three bedrooms, a dining room, a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living room, and a small office. 

Although Minho still thought the house to be too small, he smiled and acted interested on the tour of the inside, just happy to see that Chohee had picked something at least close to a reasonable sized house.

“Well?” She asked with a bright smile once they were back in the car. “What do you think?”

He smiled back at her as he turned the key in the ignition and headed for home. “It’s not the right one.”

“What do you mean?”

Minho grabbed Chohee’s hand and entwined their fingers, while he drove with the other hand. “I mean it doesn’t feel like home to me. How about we do this again, and next time, I will pick the houses that we go to.”

“Ok,” Chohee smiled and gave his hand a small squeeze. “That sounds fair.” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just wanna say 

That I think Taemin would make an awesome mouse king.

He's all graceful, but he always gives the camera this look like 

"Oh, you thought I was sweet and innocent? Guess you won't see it coming when I take over the world! Mwahaha!"

examples:

 

 

 

@_@

that boy scares me sometimes.

I like it better when he smiles.

hee, hee. there we go.

<3 Krys

WOO DOUBLE UPDATE!!!

Cause we have been really horrible authors...

sorry...

*runs and hides in a hole*

Pwease forgive us~

We beg~

 ipad_20156_animals_cat_kitten_cute_beggi

Pwease~

<3

~Jinjae