He wants to be closer to you, but you keep shutting him out.

Unlikely Family

 *Ring ring*

“Hey yeobo, what’s up?”

“Hi, Jonghyun-ah. Everything’s all set for me to move in; I just need to bring my stuff over. Do you care if I do that while you’re in class today?”

“Sure! That’s fine. But if you wait, I could help.”

“No, I’ll be alright. I was just wondering if I could maybe…do some redecorating?”

“Oh yeah, knock yourself out. I don’t have any sort of style in there. Do whatever you want, I’m sure it will be beautiful.”

“Really?! Yes! Okay, it can be a surprise when you get home! I’m so excited!”

“Haha, I’m glad yeobo. Have fun, I’ll see you later.”

“Okay. Saranghaeyo. Annyong!”

“Saranghae.” 

 

About six hours later, Jonghyun trudged up the steps to his door, wanting nothing more than a nap. As he got out his keys, he remembered that Key was supposed to have moved in by now and would probably be in there waiting for him. He opened the door eagerly.

“Honey, I’m ho- ..oh my god.” Jonghyun stopped in the middle of his cliché greeting as soon as he caught a glimpse of his living room. It was unrecognizable. Everything was sleek, clean and modern looking, with little splashes of neon color. For a moment, Jonghyun thought that Key had dumped paint all over his couch and coffee table but then noticed that it was a couch cover and a table cloth. There were two chairs he had never seen before, both seemingly made out of glass with a swirly pattern on the back. There were paintings on the wall and little colored glass vases and flower arrangements on the tables. Jonghyun vaguely wondered how much of this stuff Key had made himself and also where all his own stuff had gone, particularly his tv. However, there was one question that overwhelmed him.

“Why is everything pink?” Jonghyun asked as he stared around, dumbfounded. There was a pink glow all around the room and all the walls looked like they had been painted pink. The flowers, the paintings, the couch cover, everything was white and shades of pink.

“Oh, babe! You’re home! How do you like it?! I painted those pictures, the chairs, the couch cover, and the tablecloth. The couch cover doesn’t really fit but I can take it in…” Key rambled on excitedly.

“Why is everything pink?” Jonghyun repeated. He shut the door and took a few steps in, still staring around at everything with his mouth hanging open.

“Oh, that’s because of my light filters! Look, I put pink filters over all of the lights so now the whole room has sort of a rosy glow. I was just about to put this last one on.” Key said, picking up another pink filter which had a bunch of designs cut into it. He put it over a lamp and the ceiling was covered in a pink, flowery design. Jonghyun resisted the urge to facepalm.

“Isn’t it cool?!”

“Yeah, yeobo but…”

“Come on, you have to see the bedroom!” Key squealed, dragging Jonghyun by the arm. The light filters in this room made the walls and ceiling look like a periwinkle blue sky with puffy clouds. The bed itself looked like a cloud. The white bedspread had light grey swirls and there were about a dozen fluffy white pillows at the head of the bed. This room was not quite as girly as the last, except for the happy family of stuffed unicorns perched on the bed.

“I was going for whimsical. My interior designs are influenced a lot by my mother. A lot of rooms in our house have a unique design like this…”

“Omo. Chincha? Your house looks like this? Your poor father...” Jonghyun said in a harsh derogatory tone, forgetting about trying to spare Key’s feelings.

“What? Are you trying to say you don’t like-”

“OMO! Key! You painted the bed frame?!”

“Well, yeah. Now it matches the lamps.” Key said with wide eyes, blinking innocently.

“This isn’t mine, it came with the room! Now they’re going to charge me for it…”

“Babe it’s okay, I’ll pay for it. Are you angry because you hate my decorating?” Key pouted. Jonghyun sighed, remembering how excited Key was about this.

“Yeobo, it’s great. It’s just…a little…it’s way too girly for me! I mean, the living room is exploding with pink and, and unicorns? I’m sorry. I am a 22 year old guy, I can’t have unicorns on my bed.” Jonghyun explained in frustration, grabbing the biggest stuffed animal and shaking it around as he talked. Key gasped dramatically and snatched the unicorn from him.

“You mean I can’t keep Mrs. Wigglesworth and all of her children?” Key hugged said unicorn and gave his best puppy eyes.

“...You can keep one. On your nightstand.” Jonghyun said with his arms crossed. Key pouted and set Mrs. Wigglesworth on the nightstand. When he turned to face Jonghyun again, all traces of aegyo were gone.

“I’ll agree the unicorns are a bit much. But I don’t see what’s wrong with the rest of the dorm. It looks a whole heck of a lot better than what you did with it. A lot cleaner…”

“Yah! I wasn’t trying to make it look pretty. And where is all my stuff, anyway? Where’s my tv?”

“You really shouldn’t have a tv, it’s not healthy. You should spend your free time reading or exercising.” Key said casually, straightening the pillows. Luckily he didn’t see the look Jonghyun gave him which turned from incredulous to murderous and then slightly frustrated as he tried to calm himself down. It’s not a big deal, Jonghyun. You just need to compromise with Key. He told himself.

“Yeobo. You know how you were worried about being too controlling?” he asked, putting his hands on Key’s shoulders. Key looked ready to protest, but bit his lip and looked down.

“I’m sorry. I’ll take everything down and bring your stuff back out…”

“No, you don’t have to do that,” Jonghyun said, lifting Key’s chin up. “It’s all very nice, yeobo. I mean, if some of it was a different color it would be wonderful. Maybe we could take some pink out of the living room and add a different color. And put my tv back. We can go through every room and compromise. We can do it together.”   

“Okay. I’m sorry. We shouldn’t be arguing. We should be happy that we’re actually living together now.” Key said with a small smile, wrapping his arms around Jonghyun’s neck. Jonghyun smiled back.

“You know, maybe I don’t need the tv. I can think of a better way to spend my free time.” He said with a smirk, placing one hand on Key’s hip and running a thumb over Key’s lip. Key giggled and slowly pressed his lips to Jonghyun’s. Jonghyun pulled him closer and their movements became progressively faster. They backed up toward the bed and laid down, never breaking the kiss. But as soon as they laid down, they were attacked by a cascade of plushy white unicorns.

“Gaahhh, noooo!” Jonghyun whined. “You see? See why I don’t want unicorns on the bed? They totally killed the mood!” He said, struggling dramatically as if he couldn’t get them off. Key stuck his tongue out and threw one of the unicorns at him.

“Yah!” Jonghyun said and threw one at Key’s head.

“Ugh! You dare use my own plushies against me?!”

“You started it!” They continued this way and it soon became a mess of flying unicorns and pillows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taemin bustled around the dorm he shared with Junhyung, straightening things and putting out simple decorations for dinner. He purposely used the tablecloth and candles that his mother had given to him as a gift. He moved around with a mixture of excitement and nerves. Despite his worries about his parents’ behavior, he was always excited to see them and concerned with impressing them.

“Junhyung-ah! They’re supposed to be here in 15 minutes and you haven’t started cooking?!”

“Relax, jagi-yah. It won’t take me long. And I like my guests to see me cooking. People seem to like that.” Junhyung said, wrapping his arms around Taemin’s waist from behind.

“Well, I think you should start now.”

“Okay, okay. But I have a question. Maybe if it goes well tonight, we could finally tell them about us?” Junhyung suggested in a light tone. Taemin stopped his movements to straighten the bookcase and looked down.

“Not tonight, Junhyung.” He replied in a soft voice.

“You want to keep it a secret forever, don’t you? Well what if I just kiss you? Right in front of them?!” Junhyung said, spinning Taemin around and pinning him to the bookcase.

“You wouldn’t.” Taemin said, staring him down with narrowed eyes.

“Don’t be too sure, jagi-yah…” Junhyung whispered, leaning closer with a smile playing on his lips. Taemin’s gaze softened and he leaned forward as well, but just as their lips were about to touch, there was a knock on the door. Taemin jumped.

“Oh my god, they’re here already! Go! Go start cooking!” Taemin half whispered, half yelled. Junhyung casually made his way to the kitchen and started getting out ingredients. Taemin straightened his clothes before practically running to the door. 

He swung open the door with a bright smile and didn’t hesitate to jump into a hug with an arm around each of his parents.

“Umma! Appa! I missed you!”

“Oh! Hello to ya too, Taemin-ah.” His mother said, returning the hug. His father patted him on the back.

“How’re ya doin’, son?”

“Just great! Come in, come in. You remember my roommate, Junhyung?” Taemin said, taking their coats and gesturing to Junhyung. He smiled warmly and gave a low bow.

“Good to see you again, Mr. and Mrs. Lee. You’re welcome to take a seat; I’m just starting our dinner.” He said politely. They took the two seats across the counter and watched as Junhyung picked up a large knife and expertly chopped some zucchini in a matter of two seconds.

“Oh my goodness! You better be careful, hun!” Mrs. Lee said with a gasp.

“Have you ever caught your finger like that?” Mr. Lee asked.

“Not yet.” Junhyung said with a smile. He knocked on the wooden cutting board before sliding its contents into a pan. Junhyung went on to slice meat, mix a sauce to add to the pan and cook some of his homemade noodles that he had prepared earlier. All the while, Taemin got everyone drinks and plates. Junhyung held the handle of each pan and flipped the contents of them at the same time.

“Wow, look at you. Got some skills, there boy. Are you learnin’ all that here at the school?” Mr. Lee said.

“Yes, Junhyung’s in the culinary arts program. He actually just got offered a job at a five- star restaurant in town!” Taemin answered proudly.

“Well good job. Good for you. That’s gotta be a useful skill to have.” Mr. Lee said. Taemin looked at his father and blinked, but quickly forced a small smile and looked down, pretending to watch Junhyung plate the food. Junhyung glanced at Taemin, but said nothing.

“I bet Taemin doesn’t go hungry. It’s good to know my boy is being fed while he’s out here.” Mrs. Lee said.

“Oh yeah, I cook for him every day. Except for when he’s off in space, of course.” Junhyung said, ruffling Taemin’s hair. His smile faded when he saw the looks on Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s faces.

“I really wish you would quit that job, Taemin-ah. You know how much it scares me. And what are you up there for anyway?” his mom said in a disapproving tone.

“I’ve explained it many times before, umma. And plus, the crop didn’t turn out this year so you need the money I send fr-”

“Wow, the food smells great, Junhyung. Let’s eat.” Mr. Lee said loudly. Taemin stopped in the middle of his sentence and looked at his father. When his father avoided his gaze, Taemin knew that he had interrupted him on purpose. He frowned. Great, I knew I shouldn’t have mentioned the money. Now he’s probably angry. This is already going badly and we haven’t even started eating yet…

 They all fell silent as they went to the table and took their own shares of Junhyung’s cooking. After a few bites, Mrs. Lee said,

“Wow, hun, this is great. Can I have your recipe for the noodles?”

“Of course.”

“I can see why you got that job. Heck, I’d hire you too!” Mr. Lee said.

“Thank you.” Junhyung said with a chuckle and a slight bow. He noticed Taemin clench his fists out of the corner of his eye. When he glanced over, Taemin was staring at his parents in shock.

“So… has Taemin told you that he’s practicing for a concert and a dance recital?” Junhyung asked, changing the subject.

“No.” his mother answered simply.

“Why don’t you tell them about your classes and everything?” Junhyung said.

“Oh… my classes are wonderful,” Taemin started hesitantly, watching each of his parents for a reaction. He became more enthusiastic as he went on, “In my concert band class, the director and I have decided that I’ll play the bass clarinet and then switch to the piccolo for solos. In my independent classes I’m practicing some beautiful pieces on the piano and the cello. Then I have this really fun hip hop dance class. And in the ballet class, we’re practicing for our production of the Nutcracker. I have a supporting role. I’m the mouse king! I also show up later for the Arabian Dance.” He said with a bright smile.       

“You’re doing ballet? Isn’t that for girls?” his father asked with his eyebrows pulled together, no hint of humor in his voice. Taemin blinked.

“Nowadays, ballet is primarily done by women but there are still a good number of very talented men… but in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, men dominated that style of dance.”

“Don’t they wear tights?”

“Well, yes many costumes involve tights…”

“Yeah, I’ve seen that ballet stuff before. It just doesn’t look right for men.” His father said contemptuously. Taemin looked down and Mrs. Lee looked from her husband to her son with an unreadable expression. The corners of twitched.     

 “Well, what’s that other dance class you mentioned?” she asked.

“Oh, hip hop? That style is much... manlier, I guess. It requires a lot of upper body strength.”

“Oh, alright. Is there a recital for that one?” she asked with a sweet smile.

“Um, no there’s no show for hip hop. But I will be in the Nutcracker Ballet…if you two can make it.”

“Ahh, son. I don’t think we can this time.” His father said dismissively.

“But, I haven’t even told you when it is yet.”

“Well this is a busy time of year back at home, son. The corner store is always busy before Christmas…” his father replied. Taemin looked down again. This time he did not look up when he spoke.

“It’s never that busy, you only get a few customers a day…” Taemin mumbled.

“Excuse me? Your mother and I run the store, we know when it’s busy.” His father replied in a harsh tone.

“You just don’t want to come!...do you?” Taemin said, raising his voice and then shrinking back again under the dangerous look his father gave him.

“Don’t raise your voice with me.”

“I’m sorry. I’m just asking a question. And I’m right, aren’t I?” There was a tense silence in which Junhyung looked at Mrs. Lee who had a sad, almost scared expression and at Mr. Lee, whose expression was unreadable. After about a minute with no response, Taemin took in a sharp breath and said “excuse me” before dashing to the bedroom.

“Taemin-ah!” his mother called after him weakly. She did not get up to go after him, however. She just frowned and avoided eye contact with Junhyung. Mr. Lee sighed and ran a hand through his hair. After a particularly awkward silence, Junhyung stood.

“Well, he sounded upset. So if you’ll excuse me, I’ll just go check on him.” He said and turned to follow Taemin. But he stopped short and turned again.

“Actually, I need to say something,” he said lowering his voice. “I’m sorry to sound so rude, but what is your problem?” he said, instantly gaining their full attention. “Taemin loves you so much. He’s practically obsessed with impressing you, but you never seem to care about all the amazing things he does. He masters instruments and languages in a matter of days, he’s landed an important role in a famous ballet, he’s done important scientific research that I will never understand, and he’s actually been to space!... And all he wants to hear is “good job, son” or “I’m proud of you.” That may seem like a small thing, but it means the world to him. I tell him how great he is every day, but doesn’t mean the same to him. He needs to hear it from you. He has had a serious lack of you two in his life. He wants to be closer to you, but you keep shutting him out. And I have a feeling that your dislike of ballet is not the only problem going on here. So whatever it is, I suggest you resolve it and give your only son some attention for god’s sake.” He said in a low but powerful voice, throwing his napkin down in frustration. As he walked away, he added, “he’s a genius, not an alien…”

Mr. Lee looked like he had been slapped in the face and Mrs. Lee just buried her face in her hands. After a long while, Mr. Lee let out a grumble.

“I’m not gonna stay here and be lectured by some nasty kid. Come on Eunhye, let’s go.” He said standing up.

“But we haven’t said goodbye! He’s still upset with us…” Mrs. Lee said timidly.

“He’s just throwing a fit again. Now you heard me, we’re going!”     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, sorry this took so long again.

I had work every day and then I went up north where there is no internet ㅠ_ㅠ

Was anyone even waiting for this?

*sigh* I don't know...

please comment?

<3 Krys

 Hi!

I wrote a 2min oneshot!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/188847/urges-2min-oneshot 

SO I was working on our story

and I took a good look at the pic we used

and now I wanna tell a story about it! 

Here is the pic that we used for our story.  

Unlikely Family - jinki jonghyun kibum minho shinee taemin - main story image

 

I mean look at Minho… 

I think you can see what I am implying just happened.  

And Jonghyun has this look on his face like “Yeah I just did that.”

And tae is like “I helped!” *Wink wink*

And If I didn’t know any better…

I would say Onew almost looks scared.  

Like “What did I just witness?”  

And I think Key just got there and he is like “Hey guys. Do anything intresting while I was away?"

Lol I was just looking at the pic and that is what I thought....

Felt the need to share...

and now for a pic story!

Discussion with Grandma (SHINee version)

 SO! I just got a job at McDonald’s!

thumbnail.aspx?q=4597153165019835&id=fb6

 

Every time my grandma see’s me she is like

How is work?!?!

thumbnail.aspx?q=4643328339870902&id=bc2

And I am like

thumbnail.aspx?q=5018227439829448&id=ad9

 and she imitates my frown then asks

When do you work this week?

tumblr_lfs0caX4nT1qb5rxfo1_250.gif

And im im like

Monday thru Friday

2w5lsbb.gif

And she says

Every day?

thumbnail.aspx?q=4844186781549478&id=1bd

And im like Monday thru Friday

keyasif.gif

And she is like

oh! I guess that would be every day wouldn’t it…

 Onew-s-Adorable-Laugh-shinee-16906136-50

And Im like

jonghyun_facepalm_by_midnightmadness11-d

And she is like do you have early mornings

Jonghyun gif

And im like

Dont remind me

taemin_1.gif

oh too late

there goes my soul

minhonewbornlol.gif

And she is like

What is your latest day?

6pm2qv.gif

And I thought about it

 jonghyun-kim-jonghyun-shinee-Favim.com-2

 Then I was like

Probably today

oh-CUTE-jonghyun-shinee-19829258-200-215

And she was like how late?

Cute-Onew-shinee-17582709-320-253.gif

And I was like

Uh…

image

What ever time 18:00 is

(Cause they use military time)

And she was like

image

tumblr_lrzs6pjgoH1qjxpkro1_500.gif

tumblr_lka2tqAw651qbhit7.gif

 

And im like

Tae Min Embaressed

Bye

jonghyun.gif

Then I left

~Jinjae