BECAUSE! Yours is too damn y!

Unlikely Family

Minho was standing next to Chohee, who was sitting on a bed in the doctor's office. She shot him a nervous look. It was their first visit to the doctor's since Chohee took the pregnancy tests.  “What if he says they were all wrong and I’m not pregnant?” Chohee whispered to Minho as she leaned back against his chest and he rubbed her stomach where his hand was resting.

“Don’t worry.” He let out a soft chuckle. “We’re pregnant.” Just then there was a light knock on the door the handle turned to reveal a young looking man.

“Hello!” He said excitedly. The look that Chohee gave Minho showed that she was as bewildered and nervous as he was. The man who had walked into the room did not resemble a doctor at all. He wore a pink dress shirt under a pinstripe suit. He wore thick black glasses and his hair was died bright blue and stuck straight up off his head almost four inches. They watched as he pushed the door shut and grabbed the lab coat that was hung on the back of it.

He then turned to smile at them. “I’m Dr. Choi. You can call me Dr. Top.” He smiled at them and extended a hand. Chohee just stared at it but Minho, after a moment's hesitation, he took the hand and shook it.

The man turned to them with an extremely sad expression and said “It’s the hair isn’t it…?” He then looked down at his shoes. Chohee’s features flooded with shock and Minho began to stutter.

“I-I, we just…”  The man looked up at them with a smile.  They became confused.

“I am only kidding. I know the hair is a bit much but I am in the middle of a big protest for funding for sick children out side of the hospital and this is one of my ways of taking part. I can assure you that I am a licensed doctor.”  The man pulled a wallet out of his back pocket and slipped a photo I.D. out and handed it to Chohee before pointing at the degrees framed on the wall of the ship themed room.  “Choi Seunghyun.”  He smiled. “Now, I hear you think you have a baby in there. Shall we take a look?”

“Sorry.” Chohee whispered, handing him back the I.D.

“Oh, don’t be.” He smiled.  My wife and I have a baby and quite frankly if our doctor had looked like I do I would not have stuck around for the explanation.  I know that the hair is strange and I look really young but that part should reassure you because it just shows that I am up to date on the newest methods.” He continued to smile at them. They smiled back. “SO! Why don’t you lay down here and we’ll see what’s going on inside you.”  The doctor preformed a few tests, left the room for a bit and came back with a sheet of paper. He sat on the stool next to the bed.  Chohee was leaning against Minho again.  He smiled up at them. 

“What kind of answer would you like?”

“We want a baby.” Chohee smiled back.  Over the course of the appointment they had come to really like the doctor.  They had gotten to talking about his protest and they even ended up donating a bunch of money to the cause. Due to their pasts, Minho and Chohee both believed strongly in helping kids.

When Chohee told him this a frown crossed his face and he looked at the ground. “I am sorry guys… I don’t know what to tell you… except CONGRADULATIONS!!! You are going to be parents!”

“Really?”

“Yup, there is definitely a baby cooking in there.”  Minho wrapped his arms around Chohee and kissed the top of her head.

“Thank you so much, Dr. Top!” She jumped up and hugged him.  She turned excitedly to hug Minho but stopped short when she saw a tear run down his cheek. “Yeobo?” she said. He wiped his eye quickly and picked her up and spun in a circle.

“I am just so happy.” He whispered.  He set her down and turned to the doctor who was still smiling at them.  “How soon can you tell us the cause I got 50,000 won riding on the fact that it’s a girl.” he said. The doctor chuckled.  “Why am I surprised?  I should have seen this coming when I heard you betting on how long I would be gone after doing the test. We can usually tell around four to five months.”

“That’s a long time!” Minho complained.

“Trust me,” he laughed, “It goes by very quickly.”

Minho and Chohee scheduled another appointment with Dr. Top and left the bulding.

“I want him to deliver the baby.” Chohee said when they were on their way home.

“I agree.” Minho smiled. “Does this mean we can go house shopping now?”

“Sure. And let's tell everyone at dinner on friday!”

“Ok!”  They were quiet for a bit each lost in their own thoughts of excitement.

“…Minho.” Chohee began hesitantly, sending him into a mini-panick attack. He lifted his foot off the gas petal and shot her a worried glance

“What’s wrong?”

“Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo?”  His shoulders visibly dropped in relief.

“Yes.”

“And?”

“No. Never.”

“Why not? You could get one that matches my dragon tattoo that you like so much.”  She pulled at the collar of her shirt and made the tail of the dragon visible.  “You could put it here…”  She traced her finger up the inside of his arm.

“Because a tattoo is permanent and I have businesses to run. Sometimes people see them as unprofessional.”

“What if our baby wants a tattoo?” Chohee asked thoughtfully. Minho about had a heart attack.

“SHE CAN'T HAVE ONE!!!”  It was a good thing he had just put the car in park because if they had still been on the road he would have gotten rear ended.

“What? Why not?”

“BECAUSE! Yours is too damn y. I don’t want boys thinking of her that way!”  Chohee laughed.

“Oh, so you are going to be one of those fathers?”

“Damn right I am!”

“Well you don’t have to worry about that.”

“Why not?”

“Because, we are going to have a boy.”  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later, everyone was gathered at their usual private table in Minho's five star restaurant. Everyone had been chatting cheerfully, sharing things that had happened in the past week and having side conversations. 

“Gee Micha,” Key said, tilting his head to the side thoughtfully, “You and Jinki are especially happy tonight. I mean, you even seem to have this glow about you..." Their smiles grew wider and Jinki looked away to hide his reddening face. They both continued to smirk and fidget nervously as Key went on. 

"If I didn't know better, I'd ask if you two had...wait! No way! You finally did it?" Key said with his mouth falling open with a gasp. They did not answer, Micha just giggled and Jinki smiled and scratched the back of his head. Key took this as a yes and broke into a huge smile, pushing Micha on the arm. 

"Did what now?" Taemin asked, joining in on the conversation.

"Oh, nothing baby. We were just talking about... the wedding plans." Key lied, with a sweet smile.

"Hmm. It sounded like you were talking about to me." Jonghyun threw in indifferently. Key smacked his arm. 

"Well, since Taemin knows now..." Key said rolling his eyes, "how was it?!" He asked Micha.

“AMAZING!” Jinki blurted out before Micha could answer. His hand shot up to cover his mouth and he turned bright red. Micha laughed and nodded.

"It really was. Key you wouldn't believe...here, come closer." Micha leaned to whisper something to Key, whose mouth fell open. "Oh my god! Shut up!" was his only response before Micha started whispering to him again. Taemin gave a huff and put an elbow on the table, resting his face in his hand. 

"Are you alright, Taemin-ah?" Jinki asked.

"Oh yeah," he said unconvincingly, his voice flat and almost sarcastic. "I'm really happy for you hyung." 

"Umm, thanks, I guess." Jinki said, deciding not to push the issue. Then he saw Taemin shoot Junhyung a dirty look.

"Don't look at me like that, jagi-yah. You already know my answer." Junhyung said. Taemin opened his mouth to retaliate, but was cut off by Key loudly questioning Minho and Chohee, which also stopped all the side conversations.

“Minho, you and Chohee seem really happy and glowing too but…” Key trailed off, looking thoughtful.

"But everyone already knows you two go at it like rabbits." Jonghyun finished Key's sentence with a smirk. There was a smattering of laughter around the table. Jinki, however, choked a bit on his drink and had a coughing fit. 

"Excuse me?!" he said, outrage still evident through his coughs.

"No, Jinki," Key said, trying to diffuse the situation, "Jonghyun was just joking! Right yeobo?" Key asked, giving Jonghyun a hard kick under the table.

"Ah! Uh, yeah. Of course I was." Jonghyun whinced. Jinki looked at Jonghyun suspiciously for a moment. Then he let out a humorless chuckle.

"Well it's a good thing it was a joke, cuz if not I would have to kill Minho." Jinki said, sending Minho a dangerous look. Minho looked back with wide eyes and then leaned over to Chohee to whisper, "are you sure you want to make the announcement? Cause I'd be totally ok if we waited. Or never told your brother. Ever." Chohee just smiled and whispered back, "don't worry, I can handle him. In fact, why don't we tell them now?" Chohee cleared and turned to the group before Minho could protest.

“Everyone, Minho and I have an announcement to make.” she smiled.

Micha heard Taemin whisper “Uh-oh” and scoot his chair closer to Junhyung and away from Jinki while shooting the latter a worried look.  

“Minho and I have decided to buy a house and move in together.”

“WHAT?!?” Jinki practically screamed. “You're only 18! WHY?!?”

“Because,” Chohee continued calmly while Taemin hid his face in Junhyung’s chest. “We are pregnant.”

Jinki lost all mental stability and, completely forgetting where he was or what he was doing, he was overwhelmed with the instinct to protect his sister as he had for so many years. He was vaguely aware of Micha grabbing at his shirt and yelling “Yeobo, stop!” and the look on Minho’s face as he climbed onto the table and scrabbled across it to tackle him. He pinned him to the ground and pulled his fist back to hit him in the face. But just then, Chohee grabbed his arm and twisted it behind him. He let out a yelp and went limp, falling on top of Minho. Chohee sat on top of her brother holding his arm twisted painfully behind his back.  

“Oppa!” she whined to him. “What do you think you are doing?”

“I'm trying to punish him for hurting my baby sister!" Jinki yelled, trying to get out of her grasp.

"Oppa, you need to calm down! Minho loves and respects me. He would never hurt me. And come on, even if he tried to he'd be pinned down like this in two seconds." At this, Jinki let out a sigh and stopped struggling. 

“Fine. I won't hurt him. For now.”

 “Aish, do you want your nephew to not have a father?” She asked him.

 “Niece.” Minho croaked from under their combined weight. “Can we please get up now?  You're scaring my staff.”  Minho pointed to the door where several shocked waiters stood and the head manager had just walked in. Chohee pulled her brother off of Minho, who got to his feet with a groan.

 “Is everything ok here Mr. Choi?” the manager asked concernedly.

 “Yes, yes, we are fine. Sorry for the disturbance, please give us a little privacy for the moment...” The employees bowed and left the room at once. Jinki ripped his arm out of Chohee’s grasp and took a hold of her arm instead.

“We need to have a talk. Outside. Now.” Jinki said with a dangerous look and dragged her out of the room.

“Yah, Jinki! Take it easy!” Minho called, taking a few steps after them but Taemin stood to block his way.

“No, Minho. They need to talk alone. Just come sit down, it will be okay…” Taemin said in a stern but calm voice. Minho tried to get around him, but Taemin wouldn’t allow it.

“Come on, Taemin-ah! He’s really angry. What if he hurts her?”

“He won’t. He wants to keep her safe just as much as you do.” Taemin said, putting his hands on Minho’s shoulders to stop him. They stared at each other for a minute before Minho sighed and ran a hand through his hair. His eyebrows were pulled together with worry. Taemin spun him around and pushed him back to his seat while telling him not to worry in a soft voice. “I don’t know why anyone is worried for that girl’s safety anyway…” Taemin added under his breath. Minho didn’t  seem to catch it.

“So what does everyone else think about this?” Taemin asked, trying to start a new conversation to take their minds off the scene that had just unfolded.

“Man, if you and Chohee are happy,” Junhyung started, “then I’m happy for you. I just can’t imagine taking care of a baby. All the crying, diaper changing, being kept up all night…Aren’t you worried?”

“That’s not what’s important to me. I’ll do anything for that baby. I’m just happy…beyond happy to have a kid of my own. I still can’t really believe it. But I can’t wait to see what she looks like and teach her everything…” Minho replied, his features softening a bit.   

“So you’re going to buy a house and live together and raise the baby there?” Micha asked.

“Yeah, that’s the plan.”

“So, are you going to get married?” she asked.

“No. We decided not to. We could in the future, but we didn’t want to get married just for this reason.” Minho explained.

“Oh, honey. How are you going to explain that to her parents?” Key asked with a scared look.

“Oh god, I don’t know…but honestly, I think their reaction might be milder than Jinki’s.” Silence fell over the table as they all thought of what might be going on outside with Jinki and Chohee.

“Yah, Jonghyun hyung. You’re being awfully quiet. What do you think about the baby?” Taemin asked, breaking the silence. Jonghyun looked surprised and started to blush.

“Well, I uh…” He said, scratching the back of his head.

“You what? Come on! Out with it!” Taemin insisted, sensing Jonghyun’s embarrassment.

“I think…okay, I think it’s amazing! I’m so excited! Can I babysit? You keep saying “her.” Do you know it’s a girl?” he said, his face bright red but full of excitement. Micha and Junhyung looked taken aback and Taemin giggled. Key put a hand to his chest and looked at Jonghyun with his mouth hanging open. Minho chuckled and said,

“We can’t know until she’s four to five months along. But I have money on the fact that it will be a girl.”

“Well, I hope you’re right. Little girls are so adorable! If it were me, I’d want a girl too.” Jonghyun said. Then he noticed Key staring at him. “What? They are adorable.”

“Babe, I had no idea you love kids! Does this mean that you would have baby girl with me?” Key said, taking Jonghyun’s hands and staring at him in awe.

“Well, I’d love to yeobo, but I don’t think that’s physically possible…” Jonghyun smiled. Key flung himself onto his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around him.

“Oh, I knew you were a good choice! I love you!...And don’t worry, I’m sure science will find a way to make it possible. Yah, Taemin. Find out a way for Jonghyun to have my baby.”

“Sure, I’ll get right on that.” Taemin said between laughs.

“Yah! Why would I be the pregnant one?!”

“Of course you would. I can’t have my perfect figure ruined.” Key said, smoothing his shirt and flipping his hair.

~~~

 

Jinki headed for the first door he saw that said “exit” and pulled Chohee through it. He spun her around to face him and finally let go of her arm.

“What is wrong with you?!” he spat.

“Oppa! Calm down!”

“No! I know you think you can control everyone all the time, but not this time! I won’t fall for any of your aegyo! This time, you messed up. How could you do this to me?”

“Do what to you?”

“I practically raised you. I worried about you non-stop for years. And now the first time I start to relax and let you be on your own, you go and get pregnant? Since when have you started sleeping with people? God, what did you do in California while I was gone?!” At this, Chohee looked hurt.

“Yah! I’m not a ! I’ve only gone all the way with Minho. Because I love him.” She said softly. Jinki looked at her for a moment with a hint of something in his eyes that Chohee could not place. Then his face became angry again.

“That’s not the point. What I can’t believe is that you didn’t tell me sooner. You waited to tell me in front of everyone! What were you thinking? Did you think I’d just smile and congratulate you?” he said. Chohee bit her lip and looked down.

“I know. I’m so sorry, I wasn’t thinking straight…” she began, her voice becoming higher and more strained.

“I got carried away with my new freedom and then I r-realized that I wasn't including you in anything anymore b-but then I found out that I w-was pregnant and I was s-so scared of y-you being disappointed in me that I k-kept it a secret and hoped that if p-people w-were a-round y-you w-wouldn’t…” she took a sharp breath and stopped attempting to explain. All the while, Jinki was staring at her with wide eyes. His sister hadn’t cried since the night they were kidnapped, even through all they went through with that evil man. She’s been such a tough little thing for years, and now she’s crying because of…me?

Chohee lifted her head to look at him through tear filled eyes.

“You think I’m a , don’t you?” she said with a sob.

“Chohee…” Jinki said weakly, his eyes filled with pain. All traces of anger were gone now.

“It’s okay though, y-you’re p-probably right. I have n-no morals. I’m n-not even m-marrying him. I’m gonna go to hell…” she said, covering her face in her hands.

“Chohee, no!” Jinki said, pulling her into a hug. She was sobbing uncontrollably now.

“I don’t think that. And you’re not going to hell… I know you’re a good person. You may think about love differently than I do, but I have no reason to think you’re a . I never should’ve said anything about California. I’m sorry.”

“I’m s-sorry I d-didn’t tell y-you sooner, Oppa.”

“It’s okay. I didn’t realize you were so afraid of me. But I'm still upset with you and Minho. And you and I are going to start spending more time together again.”

“Okay...C-can you d-do something for m-me?”

“What?”

“D-don’t tell Minho I cried.”

“Hahaha. I’m sorry, sis. Everyone is going to know that you were crying once they see your face.”

“No! I’m not going back in!”

“I’m sure Minho is worried about you.”

“Let him worry.”

“Wow, you are way too proud. Come on, let’s go. Now.” Jinki said and wiped her tears. Then he took her hand and pulled her back inside.

“You know, when Minho sees my face, he’s gonna climb across the table and try to punch you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, man. Jinki was one unhappy camper.

And Chohee really wants her brother to like her. Aww. :')

And what is Taemin's problem, there?

hmm. well, I'm not telling!

nanananana!

deal with it!

lol, <3 Krys

Heh heh I know what is going on with Tae there...

Anyways,

Unnie and I are considering adding some to this story.

We learned that it is not was awkward as we thought.

So what do you think?

Will we loose subbers if we add some?

I'll make a poll!

 Here is a link to it.

 http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/22340 

I hope that works.

Well thanks bye

~Jinjae