Have sweet dreams

Unlikely Family

Micha stood on the stoop of her doorway.  Minho had just called and said he was almost there.  She noticed a flashy yellow car pull up to the curb.  Curiosity took hold of her and she tried to see who's car it was but the windows were tinted, so she continued to look down the street both ways. Where could he b-

Her brain stopped mid-thought when the door to the yellow car swung open. For a second she didn't realize that the handsome man stepping out was Minho. He seemed very tall and had on a suit that fit him just right, accentuating all of his muscles. He carried himself with confidence, holding a single red rose in his hand.  A beautiful smile spread across his face once he saw her.  Micha's mouth fell slightly open at the sight.  Her knees felt weak. This was definitely not the same person she had met on the soccer field.

Minho couldn't help but smile when he saw her. She had a shocked expression on her face that made him feel a bit self conscious.  He felt his face get hot, but he couldn't take his eyes off her.  She was wearing a short, black and white dress that made her legs look really long. The heels helped with that too. Her long brown hair was pulled back from her face with the headband that he had given her. Minho began to feel uneasy when she just continued to stare at him without saying anything.

"A lovely rose for the lovely lady." he said, handing her the rose. This seemed to snap her out of it. 

"Thank you. You look lovely too." she said. 

"Thank you... Shall we go?" he suggested.  He walked to the bottom of the steps and reached up an hand.  She took it and walked down the steps. They walked around his solstice and he opened the passenger door for her.  She slid in and he closed the door behind her before rushing around to get in himself.  He smiled over at her and turned the key in the ingnition. Her eyes were wide as she looked around the car and ran her fingers along everything admiringly. "This is your car?! You didn't rent this just for our date, did you?" 

"No, no. This is my car. Would you like to listen to the radio?"

"Sure." Minho turned it on and Micha happily began to mess with the dials. Minho had contemplated whether he should take her on a normal date or reveal his wealth and go all out. He was reluctant to use his wealth for anything, but he wanted to ravish her, so he chose the latter. He also thought that he should try to take his parent's advice and open up to someone. And he felt like Micha was the right person. He was also aware that the reason he made this decision might also be the fact that this had turned into a competition of sorts and Minho couldn't bare to lose any competition.

 Soon Minho parked the car in front of the restaurant and got out quickly.  He nearly pushed the vallet guy to the ground in his attempt to stop him from getting Micha's door. "I can get it." he told him opening the door.

"Mr. Choi." All of the vallet guys said as soon as they noticed it was him.  They each gave a ninety degree bow.  Minho gave a slight bow back.  He placed his hand on Micha's back, ignoring the confused look that she shot him, and guided her inside.  

The inside was beautifully lit with crystal chandeliers and ornate patterns covered the walls. Waiters bustled around tables full of impecably dressed people, bringing platters full of delicious looking food. Micha was amazed, but felt rather out of her league. They got to the front desk and the greeter gave a bow identical to the one he had recieved from the vallet employees. 

"Mr. Choi. Your table is ready." Micha noticed that they were being seated before quite a few people in the beautifully furnished waiting room to their right.  How did he make all of this happen?

"The one I requested, not the usual one, right?"

"Of course, sir."

"You have a usual table here?" Micha whispered.  She noticed Minho's cheeks turn a light shade of pink and a hint of a smile play at the corners of his mouth.

On the way to the table they ran into three members of the wait staff, all greeting him in the same way everybody else had.

They got to a table in a small, secluded room. It was slightly darker there; most of the light in the room came from candles on the tables. Minho pulled out her chair. It was all so romantic, but she felt more curious than anything at the moment. When he sat down, she shot him a suspicious look.

"Ok. What is going on here? We get seated before everyone, at a special table, in this high end restaurant where everyone knows you? How could you come here that often? And why are they so polite to you?"

Again his face turned pink but this time he answered her. "Well... I own this restaurant."

Minho could see her brain trying to work "huh?"

"My parents were very wealthy." he said, hoping that she would not start asking about his parents. He wanted to keep the date lighthearted and fun.

"Oh... wow, this came out of nowhere! Why haven't you told anyone?"

"I want them to like me for me first."

A breathtaking smile spread across his face.  Micha gave up that topic of discussion when a waiter came to the table. 

"Mr. Choi." he bowed like the rest.  "Have you decided what you'd like for tonight?"

"Yes, I'll have my usual and," he looked at Micha with a smile, "fried chicken for the lady."

Everything about the date seemed to just go perfectly. There were no awkward silences because they were already used to talking to each other. So they talked, laughed, and ate of course. Minho enjoyed the way Micha's eyes lit up when they brought out the food and the dessert. At one point, Micha had gotten some chocolate mousse just below her lip and Minho took the opportunity to reach over and carefully wipe it off with his finger. She blushed crimson when he nonchalantly it off his finger. He smoothly pretended that it had never happened and continued their conversation.  Hmm, was that too much? Minho thought. Micha's blush faded quickly, though, and luckily she didn't act awkward at all for the rest of the date. 

When they arrived back at Micha's dorm, he took her hand and walked her to the bottom of the stoop. They turned to face each other and he held both of her hands.

"Do you remember the promise I made you?"  he said rather quietly, suddenly becoming nervous.

"Are you going to rap for me?" she asked, her face lighting up. Minho nodded.

"...Just don't laugh, okay?" he asked. She agreed. He released one of her hands to snap a steady beat while a flow of words rolled off his tongue in rhythm. He seemed to become less nervous and really get into it after a few seconds and his low voice and charismatic style surprised and delighted Micha. Then, she realized that the rap was about her and she smiled warmly. When he finished, she clapped happily and hugged him. 

"Thank you! That was wonderful oppa!" she pulled back a little to look at him. "You could be a famous rapper."

"I'm glad you liked it." he chuckled. Their arms were still wrapped around each other. "I had a wonderful time with you tonight." he said, carefully fixing a peice of her hair that had fallen out of place.

"I had a good  time  too..." she said, suddenly realizing how close they were. She started to panick a bit internally.  Is he going to kiss me? If he doesn't make a move, should I make a move?

She was spared having to make that decision, however. Minho put a hand on her cheek and leaned forward slowly. He paused for a moment when their lips were milimeters apart, then gently pressed his lips to hers. She let her eyes fall closed and applied a bit of pressure, kissing him back. The arm he had around her tightened and he held her close as their lips moved slowly against one another for a few moments. Then, Minho pulled away. Micha let out a breath and noticed that she had been holding it. He slowly let go of her and went back to just holding one of her hands.

"I'll be impatiently awaiting your decision." he said. Micha's face fell a bit. She had forgotten about having to choose.

"Oh. Oh, yes. Meet me by the big oak tree near the science building." she said sadly.

"Have sweet dreams." he said and kissed her hand. He walked back to his car slowly, looking back several times. He didn't want to go.

"Good night, Minho."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note from Jinjae:

This is the car that Minho picks Micha up in. (It's also my dream car...)

 z2007-solstice-gxp---yellow.jpg

You should all know that I really like writing these notes to you. I just wish I could get some reponses.  (For those of you joining us late and "going what the anvil? you have so many comments!" (If that ever happens *sigh*) well I am writing this now and we only have two comments...)

Ah so that date went well, dont you think? 

I love Minho!

He is such a sweet guy.

Well, I am gonna go work on Jinki's date...

Annyoung!