Chapter 7

My Kiss with U-Kiss

Anastasia arrived at school actually on time and slid into first period. For the first time she actually looked around and saw that Dongho was sitting in the far off corner. She had never noticed him before now. He was bent over his desk, his pencil moving rapidly across it, his dark hair falling into his eyes. He looked up suddenly, feeling a set of eyes on him and looked around the room. His eyes met Anastasia's across the room. She smiled lightly, trying to be friendly. Dongho just looked at her and returned to his drawing. Anastasia's head tilted in confusion. Does he not like me? She thought, twirling a pencil between her fingers. She was deep in thought, biting her bottom lip, when Dongho walked up to her desk. "Uh hey Ana." He said shyly. His cheeks were flushed and his head was down. "Oh hey Dongho!" She replied. Dongho shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. "So is there anything you wanted to talk about?" Anastasia broke the silence after a few minutes. "Oh right, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come to my house today after school." "Oh okay." She replied smoothly. Dongho walked back to his seat happily.

Anastasia met with Dongho after school as promised. Since he didn't have drivers license yet she had to drive them to his house. They drove in silence. This one must be shy, she thought. They pulled up to his driveway and Dongho got out to open the door for her. "Thank you" She smiled at him. "Um well my parents aren't home but I was hoping that we could study or something. If you like." He said unlocking the front door. He led her to his room and opened the door. His walls were a dark navy blue and had a bookshelf against every wall. His queen sized bed was pushed up under the window and he had a huge walk in closet. The house may not look like much from the outside but on the inside it was huge. Dongho went to his bed and dumped his book bag and all its contents on it. He turned back and smirked at her. "Well? What subject first?" Anastasia thought for a moment. "Hmm...food. I'm hungry. " She giggled and walked to the kitchen she passed on her way to his room. She opened the refrigerator and looked around. Hmm not much to eat here is there, she thought dully. She bent over to open a drawer at the bottom to get an apple when she felt something smack her . She straightened up quickly and spun around. No one was there. She narrowed her eyes and turned back around. She turned to see Dongho just centimeters from her face. She screamed and took several steps backwards and bumped against the island. Dongho was too busy laughing to check if she was okay. "Hahahahahahahaha! Oh my God! You should've seen your face! Hahahahahaha!" He was bent over, almost on the floor, laughing. Anastasia smiled but it was cut short by a sharp pain in her side. She screamed in pain and kneeled over on the floor. "Aaahh!" She screamed even louder than before and grabbed around for Dongho. She reached the collar of his shirt and brought him closer to her. "Dongho, take me to the couch or something. I need to lie down." She whispered. He nodded and stood up to lift her in his arms. He carried her to his bed and set her down lightly. "Are you alright, Anastasia? Do you need to go to the hospital? I could take you. " She sat up suddenly. "No! No hospitals, no doctors, no nothing. I- I just need to lie down for a while. " She panted and laid back down and closed her eyes. Dongho sighed and put a blanket over her.

While she slept Dongho had to distract himself from staring at her. He tried watching tv, listening to music, even making some food but it couldn't override the feeling he got when he looked at her. He could stare at her all day and it wouldn't bother him. Finally he gave in and went back to his room to sit in his chair. He got out his sketch book and began drawing her. He began with the soft curves of her jaw and went into the shapes of her lips. He drew her closed almond shaped eyes and her hair falling softly in her face. He was drawing the blanket hugging her curves and her legs when the doorbell rang. "." He muttered under his breath hoping she wouldn't wake up. He got up from the chair and jogged to the door. He opened it and saw a box on the ground with a note on it. He bent down to pick it up and brought it into the house. He set the box on the table and pulled out the note. It read:

You should've taken her to the hospital when you had the chance. Now you're going to pay the price.