Chapter 3

My Kiss with U-Kiss

"Haha. Dad you didn't have to come. I knew you had to work so I didn't tell you about it. . .but I guess  I should've known that you'd figure it out and come anyway." I said giving dad a hug. Today was my track match. I was the best on the team and they wanted me to go national. I hugged my father once more and showed him where to sit in the arena. I went to get changed into my running outfit. I was putting my shirt over my head when I felt a sharp pain in my side. "Ah!" I kneeled over a bench with my eyes shut in pain. I stayed like that for a few minutes until I heard someone coming in the locker room. It was an opponent. Some girl named Mako. She looked at me strangely with her green eyes when I stood up quickly. She eyed me one more time before walking back out. I finished changing quickly and jogged outside to start stretching. I was jogging in place when I saw my dad in the stands. I smiled and waved at him. He waved back just as excitedly. I was practicing my breathing while the announcer got things started. I heard the whislte blow and I started running. But it felt like my legs were encased in cement. I tried desprately to go faster but my legs wouldn't move. I looked forward and everything looked like it was getting farther and farther away. I was screaming out of frustration. . .

"AHHH NO NO NO!" She screamed. Anastasia woke up screaming and sweating like a pig. She sat up straight in bed, panting. She looked at the clock. 5 in the morning. Eh, good enough. She thought and got up to take a shower. Atleast today she wasn't going to be late.

When she got to school she was actually ten minutes early. So she decided to try and find her kind of best friend. She wasn't sure of her homeroom so she just went around the school looking in the door windows. Finally as she came to the end of the second floor she saw her blue hair standing out from the rest of the students'. "Hey Mako!" Anastasia called to her. Mako turned around to see her friend. Mako had bright blue curly hair and green eyes. She stood up to meet Anastasia at the door. "Hey girl! I haven't seen you in a while! How are you doin?" Mako asked enthusiastically. Anastasia laughed. "Yeah yeah Mako I'm doin fine. I'm gettin better." "Well that's good." Mako replied. "Well, Mako, I wanted to talk to you about something." Mako looked at Anastasia questioningly. "I just wanted to tell you that I met some boys. . ." Anastasia couldn't help smiling at the end. Mako smiled hugely. "Oh Ana honey! I'm so happy for you! You met a boy!" She clapped her hands and jumped up and down. "No no Mako. BOYS. Plural. 7 of them to be exact. " Anastasia corrected. Mako stopped jumping. Anastasia continued. "I met U-Kiss. All of them. And they're actually pretty nice." Anastasia stared off into space. "Oh my goodness honey. You're in love with one of them aren't you. I know by the look in your eye. You're in love. But with which one. . .that's the question. . ." Both of them giggled. Anastasia then saw the time. "! I have to go. Bye Mako!" Anastasia took off running for homeroom.

-In the lunch room-

Anastasia got her lunch and sat at her usual table. The one far off in the corner where no one would bother her. She always ate her lunch in silence. . .until now. U-Kiss came over and sat with her. She froze. What the hell are they doing here? She thought. She just sat there staring at them. They just kept eating and talking around her like nothing was wrong. "Oh hey Anastasia. We didn't realize this was your table. We always used to sit here before we got so popular." Soohyun said while smiling. "So you don't mind us sitting with you do you?" He asked. They were actually asking MY permission to sit at THEIR table?? "Oh, uh, yeah sure." She mumbled. They all said thank you before resuming their lunch. She finally broke from her train of thought so she could start eating again.

-In the detention room-

Anastasia was sitting in her normal seat waiting for U-Kiss to show up. And they did. . .ten minutes late, but the teacher was, yet again, asleep so they didn't get in trouble. She and U-Kiss chatted about things to pass the time. After detention ended, Anastasia gathered her books and headed towards the door. Someone stepped in her way. She looked up and saw Kiseop in front of her. "Uh, hey, Anastasia. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go somewhere with me tonight." Was he really asking me on a date?? She bit her lip and nodded. Kiseop's eyes lit up. He said he'd pick her up around 7. He walked out of the room. Anastasia hurried home so she could get ready.