Hometown

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie and her parents were invited to her cousin's wedding tomorrow which will be held at her hometown in Anyang, Gyeonggi Province. Jennie wants me to come with them because she really wanted me to meet her relatives especially her grandmother. Mrs. Kim also loves the idea and insisted that I should go so I have no choice but to say yes. I really don't want to impose but I realize this is a perfect opportunity to get close with her family. I will also get the chance to bond with Mr. Kim more.

"Take care guys.. Enjoy your trip and give us a call when you get there." Jisoo said and gave us a hug.

"We will do that unnie. Don't forget to feed Kuku while we're gone." Jennie reminded her and Jisoo just smiled and gave her a thumbs-up.

"Okay." she replied and we saw Chaeyoung walking towards us. She was holding my cat Leo and handed it to me. My mom gave this cat as a gift before she went back to Thailand eight days ago. 

"I'm gonna miss you baby. Behave while I'm gone, okay? Don't give your Chaeyoung-unnie a headache. I love you." I talked to my cat and gave him a kiss on the head. Jennie and Jisoo just gave me a strange look while Chaeyoung just cringed.

"It really sounded so weird when you're calling me unnie." Chaeyoung remarked and I just gave her a small smile. She take Leo away from me and wave her hand.

"We'll take care of the house. Bye!" she said as Jennie and I bid them goodbye.

We head towards her parents house and we find them waiting patiently outside their home. Jennie and I get inside the car and sit next to each other on the backseat. Mr. Kim starts driving while his wife was sitting next to him. Jennie and I started chatting about random things the whole ride.

*After 30 minutes* 

We arrive at our destination and Mr. Kim stopped the car in front of a huge gate. I glance outside the window and saw the guard opened the gate for us. Mr. Kim thanked him and head the car inside. I saw a huge fountain in the center of the garden and different kinds of flowers. Mr. Kim parked the car in front of the enormous house. Jennie excitedly pulled my hand and we get off the car. I gawked at the house or more like a palace and Jennie nudge my shoulder to get my attention.

"What's wrong?" she asked curiously and turns to face me. 

"Wow. I didn't know that I was dating a princess. Your house is extremely large and looks like a palace." I remarked and Jennie just giggled. She intertwined our hands and led me inside the house.

A butler opened the door for us and my eyes wandered around the place. The walls were all painted white and the floor beneath us was made with mable while huge chandeliers were hanging above the ceiling. There's also a large and wide staircase that I'd imagined seeing in one of the disney movies that I've watched.

"Jennie-unnie!" A little girl approach us and hugged Jennie. Some kids followed her and circled around us. 

"How are you Mina? You look great in your dress." Jennie said and held the cute little girl in her arms.

"Jennie-unnie who is she?" A kid pointed at me and Jennie ruffled his hair.

"She's my friend Lisa. Say hi to her guys. Greet her properly." Jennie ordered and all the kids greeted me and introduce themselves. Jennie said that they are her cousins.

Minutes later, the house filled with all of Jennie's relatives and gave us a warm welcome. Her two uncle, aunt, nephews, niece, and all of her cousins are all there. It was like a family reunion. They all made me feel welcome and I'm really happy that I've finally meet them.

"Where are the other members? You should've brought them along too. You know how much Jae-hee loves Jisoo." Her aunt said and Jennie just gave her an apologetic smile. She's actually the mother of the soon-to-be bride, and Jennie's cousin named Jae-hee. 

"I'm sorry aunt Mei. If I had known that then I would've take Jisoo-unnie with me even if she's busy." Jennie applogized sincerely and her aunt just shrugged it off.

"It's okay. I'm sure she will still be happy seeing Lisa and of course you, her favorite cousin." 

After a few moments, I found myself laughing and enjoying their company. They insisted on playing a game called 'charades' and we all had a great time. I felt very comfortable around all of them and even crack jokes with them. I was actually surprised to see Mr. Kim laughing at some of my jokes. It felt really good to know that I pleased him.

After having lunch with her family, Jennie led me upstairs and showed me our room. The room looks great and you can see the beautiful scenery outside the window. I put my bag down at the table and I was surprised when Jennie hugged me. She buried her face in my chest and I look down to see her face.

"You okay?" I asked and lifted her chin. She nodded and flashed a sweet smile.

"I'm just happy that you easily got along with my family. My niece and nephews love you and all my uncles are impressed by your dance moves. You're so charming and awesome. I'm so proud of you." Jennie said sweetly and gave me a peck on the lips. I smiled and caressed her cheek.

"I'm glad they like me. I was shocked to see your father reacting to my jokes though. I thought I was hallucinating." I said and Jennie just giggled. 

"I know right. And to be honest, some of your jokes are really corny. I think they didn't laugh because of it but because of your expressions. Seriously, the look on your face was priceless Lisa. You have like great meme-face." Jennie noted and I just pouted at what she said. She laughed lightly and pinched my cheeks.

"You're so cute!" she remarked and gave me her gummy smile. 

The door suddenly opened and I saw Mrs. Kim walking towards us. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee are here together with their sons. They wish to see you." she informed us and Jennie turns to me and peck my cheek.

"I'll be back. Go and unpack your things, okay?" she ordered and I just nodded. She smiled at me and head towards the door.

I began arranging my things and put it inside the closet. I also took care of Jennie's stuffs and organize it inside the rack. After a few minutes, I finally finished arranging everything and decided to follow Jennie. I stopped in my tracks when I heard a piano playing in one of the rooms. I walked towards it and peek inside.

I saw a middle-aged lady playing the piano and I decided to approach her. She noticed my presence and glance towards me. I clapped my hands and smiled at her.

"That was a good piece ma'am. You have some great skills." I complimented and I saw her raised a brow.

"Who are you and what are you doing inside my house?" she asked and stood up from her seat. I quickly bow my head and apologize.

"I'm really sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lalisa Manoban ma'am. Jennie's.. friend and group member." I said and offered my hand for a hand shake but she ignored it and walk towards me.

"Did you say Jennie? So my beloved granddaughter is here?" Her eyes lighten up and I nodded my head vigourously as an answer.

"She's talking to someone downstairs." I answered and flashed a bright smile. She looks at me from head to toe and I suddenly feel intimidated by her scrutinizing gaze.

"Who are you again?" She asked seriously and look into my eyes intently. I gulped. She's giving me a vibe like Jennie's father and I swear, it was scary. 

"I'm her friend.. And I'm one of her groupmates." I replied and she just crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why do I get this feeling that you're lying to me young miss? Are you hiding something?" she asked and I quickly shook my head. I laughed awkwardly and try to change the subject.

"Do you want to see her now ma'am? I will guide you and lead the way." I offered but she just scoffed.

"This is my house so I don't need a tour guide. And I'm not comfortable talking to a suspicious girl like you." She said seriously and I can't help but bit my lip. Wow. Now I know where did Jennie get her savageness.

She head towards the door and I followed her. I made sure to support her while walking down the stairs. She shove my hand away at first but eventually gave in when I insisted.

We saw Jennie talking to someone in the kitchen. They are both laughing and I can't help but be curious to know who is this guy. I look at him and I realize that he was really tall. He's actually taller than me. I also noticed that he was good looking and have a sturdy and muscular physique. I frowned when I saw him ruffled Jennie's hair while she gave him a punch on the shoulder. 

"Jennie!" Her grandmother called out and approach her. Jennie squealed when she saw her and hugged her tightly.

"I miss you granny." Jennie said and pulled back to study her face. Her grandma smiled and her hair. I smiled at the sight and Jennie noticed me so she immediately pulled my hand. 

"Granny, I want you to meet my special friend Lisa." Jennie happily said and her grandmother just nodded.

"We already meet each other upstairs." 

"Really? That's great then." Jennie said and gave me a smile.

"What about me? Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend, Jerry?" The guy chimed in and Jennie just frowned at him.

"I told you to stop calling me that." she pouted and he just chuckled.

"But that's your nickname when we were young. And I really think it fits you well, Jerry." He teased and Jennie just rolled her eyes at him.

He offered his hand and look at me.

"I'm Ryu-won. Jenn

Please log in to read the full chapter