Consequences

Loving You
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm still alive. Miss me? No? Okay. 😙 I hope you like this chapter! Enjoy! 😘😘😘

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

, I'm a cow
, I'm a cow
I'm not a cat
I don't say meow
, I'm a cow
, I'm a cow
, I'm a cow
, I'm a cow

"I go moo~~ Moo~" I sang while dancing random steps inside my room. I am currently listening to the song "Moo" by Doja cat. The music is blasting out in full volume and I was too immerse to the song to even notice that Jennie step inside the room with a displease look on her face. 

" I'm a--- whoa!" I jumped a little when I turn around and saw her standing near the door.

"Baby? How long have you been standing there?" I asked in surprise. 

"You're a what?" She ignored my question and ask one too. I immediately run to my desk and turn the music off. Then I face her and give her a sheepish smile before walking towards her direction. 

"Why are you here? Do you need anything?" I asked sweetly. 

"What kind of song are you listening?" She curiously asked while raising a brow. 

"Doesn't matter." I answered. 

"I heard you sang "." she said seriously. 

"You misheard it." I lied. She just shook her head and sighed. I take her hand and brought it to my lips. I kiss it lingeringly and smile at her. 

"You didn't answer my question earlier. Why are you here?" I asked and look straight into her eyes. 

"I talked to Manager Cha this morning and told him about our break up." Jennie answered and meet my gaze. 

"Really? How did he react?  Did he believe you?" I asked in concern. 

"Yes. I think he believed me. I actually cried in front of him and make it look like I was really heartbroken." Jennie explained and smile at the memory. 

"Wait what? You cried? How? I mean I know you're a crybaby Jen but--" I stopped from talking when I saw Jennie gives me a piercing glare. 

"I mean I'm proud of you baby. Really. You're such a great actress." I added nervously and she just gave me a small smile while nodding.

"I know right. It was too convincing that Manager Cha was moved! I saw him got teary-eyed while I was telling him everything. Like how hard it was for me to end things with you and how painful it was to lose you. I just let all my emotions out and imagine sad scenarios that could brought me to tears. It was hard but I'm glad I pulled it off." Jennie beamed. 

"So you imagined sad things huh? Like what, losing someone as precious as me?" I teased and wiggle my brows. She just rolled her eyes and shook her head. 

"No. It was not about you to be honest." 

"Then what kind of scenarios brought you to tears?" I asked curiously. 

"I just imagine that I lost one of my family." She looked down. 

"Like Kai is dead." She continued. 

We heard collective gasps at the door so we turn towards the direction and see Jisoo and Rosé standing there. 

"Kai is dead unnie?" Rosé asked in disbelief and covers with one hand. Tears start to form in her eyes and Jisoo quickly pulls her into a hug to comfort her. 

"It's okay Pasta. Kai is old. It's perfectly understandable." Jisoo tried to comfort her and patted her back. I saw Jennie's mouth hang open at what she heard from Jisoo. I bit my lip to suppress my laugh at her reaction. 

"Unnie! Kai is not that old!" Jennie asserted and pouted like a cute baby. 

"But-- Jisoo was about to say something but I interrupted her. 

"Relax guys. He's alive. You misunderstood what Jennie was trying to say earlier." I explained calmly. Rosé pulls away from Jisoo and looks at me. 

"Are you sure? Kai is too young and kind. He's such a good dog." Rosé remarked. 

"Exactly. He's not that old unnie." Jennie try to convince us and looks at Jisoo. Jisoo just shrugged and speaks. 

"Anyways, it's almost time for our dance rehearsal. Manager Jung is already waiting for us at the car. Let's go!" Jisoo announced and pulls Rose's hand. Jennie and I follow them and leave the room. 

 

*At the studio*

"Lisa! Finally! You're here!" Hanee Jeong (also known as Honey J), the choreographer greeted me when I walk inside the room. She squeeze me into a hug and I hugged her back in return. 

"Hanee unnie! I'm glad to see you again." I greeted her and flashed a bright smile. 

"The CEO called me yesterday and he said that he wants to change a few things about your solo number." 

"Really? That's great! I'm excited to learn new dance steps unnie!" I enthusiastically said and clapped my hands in excitement. 

"That's good to hear." She said and look at her watch. It seems like she's still waiting for someone. Don't tell me that sajangnim is going to watch the dance practice today? 

"May I ask a question unnie?" I asked but before she could answer me, the door opens and a man wearing a plain white shirt and black baggy pants walks inside the room and approaches us. 

"I'm sorry I'm late. My brother asked a favor and I had to help him with some stuffs." The guy bowed a little at Hanee unnie and she just wave her hand as a response. 

"It's alright don't worry. You're not late. Lisa just got here too." She answered sweetly and looks at me. The guy turns to look at me too and smile. Wait. I know this guy. His face is so familiar. 

"Lisa, meet your dance partner Kwon Youngdon." Hanee unnie began and gave me a smile. The guy offered his hand for a handshake and I took it. 

"Just call me Dony. It was nice to finally meet you Lisa. I don't know if you remember, but I have worked with your group before. It was two years ago, I was actually in one of your MV." He said and smiled confidently. 

Now I remember. He's that guy in 'Playing with fire' mv. The guy with a tattoo. I realized that he's also that Yg dancer that got linked to Jennie's name a few months back. As far as I remember, they're really good friends. 

"It was nice to meet you too." I said and shakes his hand.  

"I hope you two get along. I can see the chemistry between you guys. I want to see that in your number. Now, let's start practicing." Hanee unnie said seriously and turn the music on. 

We start listening to her instructions and I have to admit, I was so surprised with what she wants us to do. 

"So first, I want you guys to start the dance by pretending to kiss each other." She started.

My jaw dropped and felt my face heat up in embarrassment .I heard Dony chuckled beside me and I realize that he was laughing at my reaction. I immediately close my mouth and cover my face with one hand. 

"Lisa, I want you to hold the back of his head like this, and pull him towards you." Hanee held Dony's head and pull him towards her body, showing me how it's done.Then she tilted her head and pretended to kiss him on the lips. Dony immediately pick up what she was trying to do so he place his hand around her waist while the other cups her face. He leaned down and tilted his head too.They look like they're really kissing in this angle!

She wants me to do that?! I felt my face heat up even more. That was so embarrassing! My members will surely tease me if they find out. And my parents will have a heart attack if they see me does that.

"Do it exactly just like that Lisa. I want to see the passion in your eyes when you pull him. I want to see the fire and chemistry. I want to see the when the two of you touch each other." Hanee unnie said authoritatively. 

Excuse me what? What tension? Eeww. I seriously had goosebumps when she said that. I look at Dony and saw him smirked. Looks like he was teasing me again. I close my eyes and rub my temple. I think I will have headache after this. 

"Um, unnie, may I ask you something?" I tried to compose myself and stay calm even though I'm actually freaking out inside. 

"Sure. What is it?" Hanee asked in interest. 

"Do we really need to start the dance like that? I mean, I think it's too intimate and completely unnecessary." I spoke honestly. Hanee unnie gave me a small smile and speaks. 

"I know it's a bit embarrassing for you Lisa because you're such a sweet and shy girl but the boss specifically asked me to pair you up with a guy and make it look like you want him." Hanee explained. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked, completely puzzled. 

"He wants to see the chemistry between you and a guy. He wants your number to look less boring and he wants the audience to get drawn at your performance. He wants to see you as one. Like a real intimate couple who convey their feelings through that powerful dance." She added. 

I was still perplexed. It felt like he was just trying to make an excuse. He knows about my past 'relationship' with Kei. He even asked Jennie to spy on me. Why do I get a feeling that he just wants me to dance with a guy to prove to everyone that I don't swing the other way? To avoid suspicions about my uality. To make an impression that I was the straightest girl in our group? 

I sighed deeply. The idea was absurd and I think I'm overthinking about this again but I can't help but feel suspicious about his actions. I really don't know how a businessman thinks. One thing is clear though, he doesn't want us to date anyone. Boy or girl. He wants us to focus in our career and avoid distractions. I'm actually really thankful that Manager Cha didn't spill the 'thing' between me and Jennie. Who knows what will sajangnim do if he ever finds out. It will be the end of Jenlisa if that happens. 

"Okay. Less boring." I mumbled and nodded. Yeah. I caught that.

Hanee unnie gave me an apologetic look and speaks. 

"I'm sure the boss didn't mean it that way. Your performance was never boring Lisa. You're amazing as always. You should know that." She patted my shoulder and I just gave her a small smile. 

"Thank you for saying that unnie. That means a lot." I smiled back. 

We continue to practice the dance and I tried my best to do what she asks me to do. Dony is a good dancer and I think he's giving his all too. He's very professional and focused on the steps. He took my right hand and we both move our hips and sway to the music. I spare a glance at Hanee unnie and saw her smile while watching us. 

I heard giggles near the door and my eyes widen when I see Jisoo, Rosé and Jennie standing there. I meet Jennie's gaze but she was just looking at me blankly. I continue to dance with Dony until the music stops. My gaze was fixed on Jennie the whole time. 

"That was great guys! You really look good together!" Hanee unnie praised and approach us. Then she said that she will give us a five minute break. The members approach us too and I frown when I saw Jisoo and Rosés teasing look.

"Lisa-yah! That was awesome! I'm impressed." Jisoo unnie began and look between Dony and I.

"You didn't tell us that you're practicing a new number Lis." Rosé added.

"It's not actually a new number Chaeng. They just added a dance partner but I will still cover "Faded." I explained nonchalantly. My eyes darted at the side when Dony walk towards Jennie. He greeted her and said something to her ear. Jennie just rolled her eyes and try to hit his arm but he dodge it then laughed. Jennie scoffed and shook her head. She looks at me and just gave me a small nod. My eyebrows scrunched at her action and I was about to take a step towards her when I felt Jisoo held my wrist.

"Careful Lisa. He's here." She muttered and as if on cue, Manager Cha walks inside the room and handed us the food that he bought for us.

"I'll be right outside. Call me if you need anything." He stated and leave us. 

I groaned and Rosé just patted my shoulder.

"It's okay Lisa. Just talk to her when we get home." Rosé suggested while Jisoo nodded in agreement.

"But that was like 10 hours from now. I can't ignore her and act cold towards her that long. That was too hard to do. Come on, look at her." I pointed at Jennie's direction and the two glance her way.

"She's too gorgeous. Too irresistible. I want to ask her about her dance rehearsal and give her a hug. I also wanna pinch her dumpling cheeks." I pouted cutely and fixed my gaze on Jennie. Jisoo turns her attention back to me and speaks.

"I feel you man. It must be hard for you but you have to stay strong. And don't forget that you have to act in distress too. Manager Cha knows that the two of you have broken up so don't give Jennie that look. You're too obvious Lisa." Jisoo adviced. 

"What kind of look are you talking about unnie?" I asked confusedly. 

"You're looking very fondly at Jennie unnie right now Lisa. You're giving her heart eyes." Rosé exaggerated and Jisoo chuckled. 

"I can imagine unicorns and rainbows all over you." Jisoo added and they both laughed. I guess they're right. I can't hide my emotions when it comes to Jennie. I easily gets affected by her presence. 

Dony and Jennie chat for a while before he goes back to his position and stand behind me. The music started playing again and I felt all eyes on us. The members are silently watching us on the side and I spare a quick glance at Jennie before turning to face Dony. Jennie has her arms crossed over her chest and she has that expression that I can't decipher. 

I pull Dony's head and tilted my head before leaning in. I heard a collective gasps around the room and close my eyes. Dony possessively grip my waist and held the back of my head too. He leaned down and I can feel his breath fanning my cheek. I quickly pull away and we started dancing. The dance is slow and sensual and every time we hold hands or get close to each other, I was thinking of someone else. I know this sounds crazy, but I was actually picturing a certain brunette dancing with me. And I felt more fueled at the thought of dancing with Jennie.  How our hands would fit perfectly for each other, or how our eyes would get lost into each others gaze. 

The song ended and everyone clapped. Jisoo even whistled while Rosé jumped and cheered. I looked at Jennie and saw her smiling proudly at me. I smiled back and gave her a thumbs up. She looks around us and when she realized that Manager Cha was nowhere to be found, she jogged towards my direction and gave me a hug. 

"You're amazing baby. That was hot.." she whispered in my ear and pulls back from the embrace. I felt my cheeks burn at her compliment and gives her a lopsided smile. I take her hand and face the choreographer. 

"We'll just go to the restroom unnie. I'll be back in a few." I said and she just nodded in response. 

I pull Jennie's hand and started walking towards the door but Rose stopped us. 

"Wait. Where are you guys going? Manager Cha--" Jisoo cuts her off. 

"Don't worry Pasta. I think he run some errands. The coast is clear." Jisoo informed us and winked at me. I smile in victory and looks at Jennie beside me. 

"Let's go." I beamed and tugs at her hand. 

I lead the way and we walk inside an empty dance practice room. I turn the lights on and locked the door. Jennie glance around the room and quirk a brow. 

"Why did you bring me here? Are you planning something Lili?" Jennie asked amusingly. I just laugh at her and shook my head. 

"I like how you think Nini." I said teasingly and wiggle my brows suggestively. Jennie giggled at that and wraps her arms around my neck. My arms automatically circled her waist and pulls her closer to my body.

"It's been 3 hours and 23 minutes since I last saw you. I hate that we had to practice our solo stage separately. I really missed you and I just want to hug you like this." I admitted and pulls Jennie into a tight embrace. I bury my face into her shoulder and smelled her sweet scent. Jennie hums in response and rubs my back.

"I missed you too. And you don't know how hard it was for me to avoid you when Manager oppa was with us. When you danced earlier, I tried to stop myself from jumping on you and giving you a sweet kiss." Jennie declared and blushed at her own confession. I smirked and kiss her nose.

"I knew it. You couldn't control your hormones because your Lili is so hot right?" I said smugly and winks. Jennie just shakes her head and a small smile spread her lips.

"Your performance was so y and I couldn't handle it. It's like you were teasing me on purpose because you keep on staring at me like that while dancing!" Jennie whined and cross her arms over her chest. She even pouted like a cute baby. The gesture was so adorable that I find myself mirroring her actions. I cross my arms over my chest and pouted too. Jennie huffed at that and speaks.

"I'm serious! Don't do that again Lili. If you continue to stare at me like that, people will notice that there's something between us. Please be more cautious with your actions." Jennie said seriously and tucks a stray hair behind her ear. I reach for her hand and lock her into an embrace. 

"Alright. I understand and I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it baby. I want to focus on you and your face instead of my partner. Don't you know that you look dazzling today?  Even with simple clothes, you still look absolutely stunning Nini. You're just too beautiful." I fawned over her and saw Jennie blushed beet red at my statement. I pulled back from the hug and cups her cheek. Then I slowly lean in and brush my lips against hers. The kiss was short and innocent. I gave her a loving kiss before pulling away slowly. 

"I want to do that to you since this morning." I muttered and rested my forehead against hers. Jennie just closed her eyes and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. She leans in for another kiss and moves her lips gently. I gladly kiss her back and grips her waist possessively. This time, we shared a loving and passionate kiss. 

A knock on the door interrupted our blissful moment. We jump away from each other and look at the door. 

"Jennie? Lisa? I know you're in there. Open the door." We heard Manager Cha's voice outside the room and we both look at each other in panic. 

"What is he doing here? How did he find out that we're inside this room?" I asked nervously and look around if I could hide somewhere. Jennie bit her lip, obviously perturbed at Manager oppa's sudden intrusion. She sighed deeply and run her fingers through her hair frustratedly. 

"What are we gonna do?  Do I need to hide under that table or-- Jennie pressed her finger on my lips, silencing me. 

"Let's just face him and act normal. We don't need to hide because he caught us together. It's okay baby, relax." Jennie said soothingly and rubs my arm. I took a deep breath and nodded at her. 

Another knock rang through the door and Jennie gives me a small nod before walking towards the door. She unlocks it and face Manager oppa's furious face. He looks at Jennie then darted his gaze towards me. 

"What do you guys think you're doing? Who gives you the permission to be in this room?" He asked sternly and face Jennie. 

"We just need to talk about something in private oppa. This room is empty and we just--- he cuts her off. 

"You told me that the two of you have already broken up. What are you guys up to this time?" He snarled. 

"We're not doing anything wrong. We just really talked." I stated and he just looks at me dubiously. 

"We're not trying to get back together if that's what you're worrying about oppa. We ended our relationship because we think it's for the best. You said that we should focus on our work and that's what we're trying to do." Jennie sadly said and glance at me. Her words and expressions are too convincing.  God. That's my girl!

"She's right oppa. I just really want us to talk one last time and atleast save our friendship. I don't want her to think that I hate her now because she broke up with me." I said and try to look as sincere as possible.

Manager oppa stared at us, contemplating whether to believe us or not.

"And I've already made it clear to her that we are never getting back together. Like ever. Even though it still hurts to see her like this, I promise I won't do the same mistakes again." Jennie looks like she was really hurting from the 'breakup'. 

"It's hard but I respect her decision. I don't want us to get in trouble someday." I added. 

"You should be thankful that the cameras were off in this room cause I will definitely find out if you're telling me the truth.." Manager oppa informed us.

Jennie and I both flinched at that. There are cameras in this room? Where? I scan the room and saw two small cctv cameras on both sides of the room. I swallowed hard and spare a quick glance at Jennie. She looks at me too and our gaze meet.

"Seungri uses this room for rehearsals. He requested to have those cameras installed." He revealed.

Jennie and I remained silent while looking at him. He sighed deeply

Please log in to read the full chapter