Weeknights & Black Lights

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two mornings later, Hoseok found himself brooding about the break-in over a Reflection milkshake at MiniMini. He was running through memorized blueprint plans, different scenarios, ways to not leave behind evidence, but if anything kept popping up in his mind, it was Yoongi,

but this time, he's right beside Park Jimin, Korea's number-one idol.

He had taken the time to search the idol up on his laptop back at home; he was considerably popular in the K-pop industry, charting high with his latest hit single, "Lie", and he's promoted many elite brands, modeling for Gucci--to which Taehyung grimaced at after he stopped by Hoseok's place for an update--or filming commercials advertising milk, of all things.

Park Jimin was Korea's seductive yet adorable sweetheart, and his duality could make even the most stoic people stagger.

Before the store opened (and before Yoongi's arrival), whilst Jin was prepping up the kitchen, Hoseok was visited by Namjooon and Taehyung. "Hoseokkie? What's up? You seem...tired." Namjoon began, looking up and down the red-head as he sat himself in front of Hoseok at the counter.

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired, I guess." Frankly, work at MiniMini wasn't that fatiguing; it was his assassin work that wore him down, that had made him so weary. That was to be expected, but the thing is, if anything, he's passionate about his work as an assassin, if it means getting him good pay and a stable life. He reveled more in "Spider" rather than "Jung Hoseok".

"What's got you so busy, hyung?" Taehyung coyly tilted his head as he asked the question with a playful lilt as an undertone. 

Restraining the urge to glare, Hoseok just sighed and responded, "Just work, that's all."

"Makes sense. This is your first time doing this, isn't it?"

The waiter finally faced his assassin colleague, who still kept his head tilted. He saw the usual emotion in Taehyung's eyes that he always saw: 

condescension.

"But I'm a fast learner, Taehyung-sshi. I can do all of this in my sleep. I'm truly grateful that Yoongi had given me this opportunity."

"Is that so? Then I wish you the best of luck, my dear friend."

Namjoon looked back and forth between the two before him. 

Ever since the dinner party, he's noticed that there's something odd about their dynamics and relationship. It hinted at already-established familiarity, but there was something more. He knew that there was a connection between the two of them, something still unknown to the others. But what could it be?

He brought his suspicions to Jin and Yoongi that night, when they were doing inventory. "Guys?"

Yoongi continued to work as he sipped a cup of black coffee. "What do you want? One of our bakers accidentally ordered too many chocolate chips and now we have packages upon packages of them. This better be important."

 

"I think Hoseok and Taehyung have been secretly dating."

 

Jin ended up dropping his pen, his mouth agape as he whipped his head to Namjoon,

and Yoongi ended up choking on his coffee before he heavily sighed.

"Namjoonie, no."

"What do you mean, no? Face it, they've had this weird connection with each other. That introduction at the dinner party? They knew each other, I just know it. My biggest theory is that they know each other because they're dating."

"But they're not right for each other!"

Yoongi scoffed and finally had air to speak. "How do you know what Hoseok's and Taehyung's tastes are like?"

"I can feel it! Namjoonie, I'm going out on a limb to disagree with you. I think they don't like each other."

"Then let me try to prove my theory! What if we set them up for a day out together? If they like each other, they'll have a fun time together without any of us bothering them. If they don't, we can get them to reconcile! It's a win-win no matter what!"

"Are you sure we should do this? What happens if they get uncomfortable or something?"

"They deserve to have this done to them! How dare they keep their relationship a secret from us."

"Namjoon, they'll know you two put them up to something."

Jin cackled. "Who said it was only limited to Namjoonie and I?"

Yoongi paused. His answer was immediate.

 

"No."

Clad in black.

Black gloves wrapped around nimble fingers.

Black pants hugging his muscled thighs.

A black turtleneck hugging his lean torso.

A black mask to cover his major facial features, and for the cherry on top,

a black beanie to hide his red hair.

This was the routine outfit of an assassin at work.

 

It was still the same night. While Yoongi and Jin were distracted by working on a large inventory--Hoseok's talent in voice phishing came through when he was able to mass-order 250 packages of gourmet chocolate chips--he picked tonight to launch his little invasion into Yoongi's apartment.

Donning his black ankle books with extra traction (and soundproofing so that a single sound wasn't able to be made as he walked), he turned his door handle and stepped out of the apartment,

ignoring the buzz of a text message notification in his pocket.

 

Whenever Hoseok got into Yoongi's apartment, no lights were on, so the entire place was bathed in darkness as the evening sun had already gone down. Placing special plastic upon his soles to prevent tracking dirt as he adjusted his night-vision goggles, he walked through the home, immediately he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter