Intakes & Mistakes (3/3)

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday morning came in bright and early.

Kim Namjoon was a tired man after the circumstances of the MiniMini break-in yesterday. He had spent the entire day consoling Jin and helping him with whatever errands that needed to be run; he had halted all of his financial work just for his best friend--he really needed someone beside him after what happened. 

Despite his fatigue, the energy that he spent was all worth it. He shuffled from his spot on the bed to sit up in order to get a good look at the sleeping baker  beside him; Jin had requested his company beside him last night to give him comfort after the events of the break-in.

He looked at Jin, regarding his features as he still peacefully slept. To Namjoon, the baker looked eternally youthful; gleaming, slightly sun-kissed skin embodied his being, plush lips standing out. To Namjoon, Jin was ethereal. He was lucky to have met such a wonderful man in his life.

Jin stirred in his sleep, blinking his eyes open to the purple-haired entrepreneur still staring down at him. "Morning," he grumbled, his morning voice prominent. "What time is it?"

"Just a bit past 8:30, Jinnie," he replied amiably. "You want breakfast?"

"Not from you, thank you very much." Jin grimaced as he remembered the last time his best friend tried to make breakfast for him; it felt as if he could still taste the burnt toast in his mouth. 

"I was planning on getting something from a nearby restaurant, anyway. You want me to get the food from there or do you want to go there together with me? Maybe we can eat there."

Instead of responding, Jin sat up against the headboard beside Namjoon, sighing resignedly. "Namjoonie?"

"Yes?"

"When are we going to tell Yoongi about the break-in?"

It was Namjoon who sighed next. He still didn't know why Jin was so worked-up over the break-in when nothing important was actually stolen--or maybe it was, but it was something between Jin and Yoongi. He had decided not to push it any further out of respect for Jin, but the annoyance of being unaware is starting to kill Namjoon slowly. Nevertheless, he pushed those feelings down as far as possible.

"I don't know," was the reply that Namjoon was able to conjure up.

Immediately right after he said that, two sets of text tones echoed throughout the room--one tone from Namjoon's phone, one tone from Jin's phone. The two men eyed each other in surprise before they turned away to reach for their respective phones.

Namjoon saw on the lock screen that Hoseok had sent him a message--could Jin have gotten one as well? Curious, he unlocked his phone and opened the message application, reading what Hoseok had sent to him:

 

 

Hoseokkie

I'm holding a party tonight!!

Everyone's more stressed than usual so I thought we could relax, eat, drink and do some karaoke!

You guys want to meet at my place tonight?

A couple of hours later, Jeon Jungkook was getting lunch after a short walk from his dance studio. On his free days, he spends them making up new dance routines for whenever at the dance studio not far from his university. It also helped to relieve the built-up stress from the entire week.

He opened his phone and stared at Hoseok's message that was sent around morning--Jungkook had immediately replied to the older red-head, agreeing to come to Hoseok's place for a nice gathering. It was nice for a change, seeing someone else holding a gathering other than Jin. 

Thinking about who else would've been potentially invited, Jungkook went to his recent contacts and eyes Taehyung's name. After pressing on it, he held the phone up to his ear. It only took two rings for the blonde to pick up. "Hello?" Jungkook tested, wondering whether Taehyung could hear him. 

"Ah, Jungkook! It's nice to hear from you." Taehyung's deep, honey-sweet voice made Jungkook's nerves relax. "What's up?"

"Hey, were you invited to Hoseok-hyung's place for a party?" He held in a breath, hoping that he was.

"Oh, yeah! I got S--Hoseok-hyung's message earlier this morning. Did you get it around the same time?"

"Yeah. I'm guessing he sent the message to everyone at the same time. I can understand why he's doing this party for everyone."

"How?"

"Hyung, you probably don't know, but MiniMini was apparently broken into Thursday night. Jin found out Friday morning and has been panicking ever since--he's been stressed, basically. Namjoon was in charge of comforting him, and Jin had closed down the bakery for Friday because of this. I'm guessing hyung is doing this to ease our nerves a bit..." He smiled at the thought of the radiant hyung doing such a kind deed for everyone. "...I really admire him for doing this. I admire him for being our friend."

"Hmm." Jungkook could hear Taehyung hum on the other side of the phone. "Was anything stolen?"

The college dancer paused. 

There was once a time where Jungkook had been visiting both Jin and Yoongi during work--and since they were having rush hour, Jungkook was even tasked with getting certain things from the supply closet. 

It was that day when he so happened to stumble upon a pair of pristine white letters. 

He didn't see who they were addressed to, but if they were hidden so well from the other things, they must've been important.

Were they stolen? Jungkook questioned internally.

And should I tell hyung about them?

Alas, Jungkook shook his head as a result. It's not my business, and it surely isn't business I should share with hyung. 

"Jin wouldn't tell us." he admitted honestly to the older. 

"I see." Taehyung huffed over the telephone. "Ah, Jungkook, I have to go back to work. I'll see you at Hoseok-hyung's later?"

"Sure! See you then, hyung!"

As he hung up the phone, Jungkook swore he had heard a deep chuckle come from the older before the line was disconnected.

A small smile rested upon Taehyung's lips as he looked at the phone screen. Having a short call with Jungkook really lifted his mood, especially after his findings from Level X.

Speaking of Level X, the operative eyed his knapsack to his side that contained the files that Si-Hyuk wanted him to find. Sure enough, there were files in early 2012 that matched the specific requirements that his boss had given him after Hoseok had left--and the results were absolutely bloody.

Six out of seven men killed. All from one man.

And the case has remained unsolved for the past few years.

Taehyung's smile disappeared in lieu of a neutral expression--jaw clenched--as he opened his messages to send a new message to his red-headed colleague.

 

 

Cat

Spider, I'm about to give the files to Boss.

However, I think we should meet up before the party.

I'll bring what you need, but Spider...actually, just call me back, okay?

 

 

His messages were never read.

Around 6:30 p.m. that night, on the bus.

Min Yoongi was on his way to Jung Hoseok's apartment.

He eyed his reflection in the bus window; he had somewhat decently dressed for this party--considering this was the first gathering that Hoseok's hosting, instead of Jin--but he still kept himself casual, just like his normal style. He wore a pair of black ripped jeans, a white shirt, and donned a large, green overcoat. Black sneakers covered his feet. His hair was a bit more ruffled considering the fact that he slept in more today--it was the weekend, after all.

It was interesting to wake up to the red-head's message. How did he see everyone so stressed out? I'm not exactly that stressed, so I'm guessing he's talking about the others...Jin-hyung? Namjoon? Taehyung? Is work really piling up that much? I really should check in on my friends more.

When the baker had finally arrived at Hoseok's apartment, he glanced at his phone screen to check whether he had gotten the right address or not. Sure enough, the apartment complex was correct. It didn't take him long to find the right building--and luckily, he only had to walk up one floor. He knocked upon door #7--Yoongi fidgeted in place after doing so, somewhat nervous coming to the red-head's house for the first time.

His held breath was exhaled when he saw Jungkook open the door. "Welcome, hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter