Toasts & Video Games

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party had gone considerably well.

The six of them had sat down at the table, ate their food, and conversed over many topics.

Hoseok even found out something important about Yoongi even though he wasn't able to access the latter's apartment that night.

He still had to admit that Ca--Taehyung had more experience in undercover jobs. Hell, there were even some jobs where the blonde had had to be a bit more "direct"; he considered him as part assassin, part femme fatale of the male persuasion.

However, he had seen Taehyung try a bit harder to keep up with his role after a certain event had occurred just moments after his unannounced arrival.

 "Well, come right in, Taehyung."

"Thank you, Kim Namjoon."

"That's Namjoon-hyung for you!"

"Oh, you're so kind...hyung!"

After he had shut the door, Hoseok made sure that his continuous expression of disgust and contempt for the other assassin barging in on him was hidden from the others, and soon followed his co-worker and friend into the apartment. From observing the backs of the two, Namjoon stood considerably taller than Taehyung, who was just a few centimeters away from meeting with the older, but he definitely prevailed over the vertically-challenged Min Yoongi.

"Hey, guys!" Namjoon called out. "Would you guys mind if we added another guest to our little party?"

"Another person?" Jin inquired out loud, turning around to regard the new guest. "Ah, yes, another person. I don't mind at all! Just look at all of this food!"

Hoseok looked around to see that Jungkook was nowhere to be found. "Jin-hyung, where did Jungkook go?"

Footsteps began advancing towards the five: "Sorry! I was caught up with something. I needed to prepare my stuff for tomorrow's--"

Silence, save for the clinking of utensils, Namjoon and Jin discussing something amongst themselves, and Yoongi lazily scrolling through his phone. But Hoseok?

Hoseok was a witness to a frozen Jeon Jungkook, who then tilted his head, puzzled. Quietly shifting over to the waiter, the latter asked in a low whisper, "Who's he?"

"Someone annoying as ." the red-head grumbled.

"Eh?" Jungkook didn't catch what he'd said.

"I mean he's one of the new residents of this hallway--he moved in right across the hallway from this apartment, in 002."

"Is that so? Well, I should probably go greet him, right?"

"Your choice, Jungkookie."

He watched as Jungkook made the choice to greet his friends' new neighbor as he first wiped his hands upon his black jeans before putting them into his pockets. Approaching the blonde, he tapped his shoulder. "Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm Jeon Jung..."

Even though Hoseok was perpetually annoyed every time he was in his colleague's presence, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the questionable encounter that was unfolding before him.

Right in the middle of his introduction to the assassin, Jungkook had trailed off when Taehyung had turned to fully look at him. At this point, Hoseok used his extensive knowledge of body language to analyze the pair.

In terms of Jungkook, Hoseok saw the youngest's lips part upon first eye contact with Taehyung. He straightened himself upon his presence, and even tensed.

In terms of Taehyung, he had raised a curious eyebrow and also straightened up, but had also removed his hands from his sides and settled them at his hips as he was looking at the younger.

Luckily, the waiter was fortunate enough to be at the best angle to properly view their faces, and he immediately came to a shocking conclusion when he saw that the men's eyes had their pupils dilated.

He didn't want to act upon it just yet, for he was still unsure, so instead of being in their space, he subtly moved over to where Yoongi was. "Yo."

"Hey."

"Do you see--"

"Plain as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter