Lies & Ties

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I have to tell you about my relationship with Park Jimin."

 

Hoseok was literally dangling off the edge of his seat--well, he would've been if he had any, but he was on the floor.

His mouth salivated, his pupils dilated, hell, even Hoseok had to maintain his breathing--all of his hard research had paid off after a good weekend of stalking and eavesdropping amongst Yoongi's friends.

Ecstatic as he was, the assassin had no choice but to mask his elated state as he made sure to focus on every word that came out of the blonde's mouth. But Yoongi merely began with a one-worded response. "Um..."

"Yes?"

"Don't you...I don't know, feel uncomfortable having to listen to me from down there?"

"Eh? Oh, yeah! Well, I got here one way or another..."

"Sorry about that, again. Just--come on." He turned away from Hoseok and messed around with his bed, fussing up the covers. "Get in."

"Get into where?"

"The bed, obviously."

Hoseok choked on air. "Oh."

"It's okay if you don't want to; you can get a cha--"

"No, it's all right. It's not like you're a disease or anything. Plus, my hurts, and I think your mattress is going to compensate that."

As Hoseok stood up and walked around the bed to get to the other side, Yoongi brought himself up, sitting against the headboard for a more agreeable position for deep conversation, and Hoseok eventually did the same.

He bored his eyes into the blonde's expression. "You ready?" he asked, trying to be considerate.

The baker nodded. "Yes."

High school.

An 18-year-old Min Yoongi lazily glanced around the classroom that was lively buzzing with hormonal teenagers socializing. Still a teenager, he wasn't exactly the most obedient student ever. His black blazer ed, the first couple of buttons of his mandatory white shirt also ed, and he wore biker-like finger-less gloves. Moreover, his hair was dyed some random shade of brown, and even his ears were pierced.

It was the first day of his final year enrolled within the laborious education system.

Nothing much ever happened within his life; he was a lonely kid since his mother had died and his father never watched over him, so he had a great liberty to do whatever he wanted to do. Even so, he still had his "companion", social anxiety, who always prevented him from properly socializing with anyone else in class. His isolation had led his classmates to believe that he was a delinquent. He looked the part, too, but in reality, he actually was a warm person who only had one hobby: baking.

However, for many years, no one ever knew about his hobby, for the man was far too timid to even share anything about himself with others.

But that ended today.

When the class had settled down as the teacher arrived, the students fell silent, save for a couple of chatty others towards the back. Before the class could even start, a couple of second-years barged into the classroom--two girls, with a boy in between them.

"Before class starts, you guys have to look at this cutie that transferred today!"

"Doesn't he look absolutely adorable?"

Revealed was a blonde-haired boy with a petite figure and yet perfect body proportions all around. His standard uniform was proper and neat, but if one looked really closely, the boy's nimble limbs could be seen. In fact, it looked like the uniform was a bit big for him.

But what had everyone all clammed up was the ethereal beauty that the boy had, him being an epitome of all things holy and pure; even Apollo and Aphrodite couldn't measure up to this new student's pulchritude.

"This is our latest transfer student~! Please introduce yourself, Jiminnie."

The teacher was mad with rage, and it was just the first day. "YAH, YOU GUYS--"

When the blonde boy looked up, even though he was nervous, he smiled, his eyes forming into tiny little slits as he opened up to introduce himself. "Hello! It's nice to meet you. My name's Park Jimin, but you can call me Jimin! Please take care of me this year!"

Yoongi's breath hitched as he took in the sight of the adorable blonde.

His classmates--especially the females--may have had the same idea, for as soon as his introduction ended, everyone shrieked in interest, the females beginning to crowd around him as they cooed and petted him. "So cute~" they all said,

and he has never agreed as much as he did that time.

"All right, clear around from the newbie, ladies." The teacher sent them back to their seats. "Jimin-ah, please go back to your classroom. I'm deeply sorry that your seniors had mistreated you like this."

"Not a problem, sir!" Jimin continued to look around the class until he met himself with Yoongi's curious stare.

Yoongi, in response, widened his eyes when he suddenly saw Jimin focus upon him.

Time felt as if it had been stopped when the two had made eye contact. Yoongi had focused on every single feature of the new student from his eyes, to his hair, to his nose, cheeks, and even to his lips--especially to those EXTREMELY plush lips that the young boy had.

He saw those lips part as they continued their little 'staring contest', and Yoongi could feel his own doing the same as well.

But time had to resume again when Jimin was dragged out of the classroom, far from the pleas of the females asking him to come back. Yet if Yoongi knew one thing for sure,

the last thing that Park Jimin had seen in that classroom was him.

 

Later that day, Jimin had gained a reputation of "the doll midget" all around the school, making him entirely popular amongst all grades.

Yoongi decided not to be a part of the crowded student body in the cafeteria as he escaped to the Home EC room, for that had been his routine for the past two years at that school. He wanted to continue his little hobby into his third year; making desserts always took his mind off of thinking about the future that he had no idea about.

In the midst of baking a chocolate brownie bowl with a special white chocolate fondant on top, when he looked up from putting the second batch into the oven and the first out, he fell to the ground when he saw Park Jimin's blonde hair and penetrating gaze bore into him. 

"Oh my! Are you all right?" Jimin rushed over to the other side of the counter where Yoongi laid against a cupboard, pained. As he had held a hand out, Yoongi never took it and instead got up himself. 

"I'm alright," he said in a quiet voice. He really didn't want to deal with the new student. The Home EC room was his safe haven, his sturdy boat to lead him away from the crowding souls of his generation. "...why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you here?"

"Why am I here? Well, I was walking down this hallway trying to find an escape from the student body, but then I smelled something extremely delicious. God, it was absolutely mouthwatering--and then I see it's coming from you! Are you making something? Chocolate?"

"It's not just chocolate!" Yoongi retorted, scoffing at the ignorance of such a handsome-faced man. "It's a chocolate brownie bowl. Now move--no, go away. I'm busy."

"Is that the first batch over there?" Jimin asked as he crept closer towards the fresh batch of brownie bowls. The student baker could only let out a heavy sigh.

"Yes, it is. Seriously, get out of here. I don't want you in here." Yoongi lightly pushed Jimin away to place the white chocolate fondants on top of the new cakes.

"Fine, I'll get out of here. But on one condition."

"What now?"

"I get to have one of these cakes."

Yoongi chuckled sarcastically. Just go away.

No one wants to be around me,

so what's the difference with you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter