Strangers & Dangers

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, Yoongi-ah. You're going to be late. Yah."

Kim Seokjin was certainly out of his daily morning routine for today; after his gathering last night, he was stuck with an unconscious Min Yoongi reeking of soju. Out of his kindness, Jin had left the younger in his apartment overnight, cleaning him up a bit before promptly putting him to bed upon his living room couch. 

Worry and concern for his colleague greeted him like a tornado siren whenever he woke up and saw him sleeping soundly; he and Namjoon had shared the same concern about Yoongi: Why did he drink so much last night? His drinking habits aren't normally like this; normally, he's the sober one. 

Nevertheless, after he got dressed for work, apron and all, Jin had resorted to lightly kicking Yoongi's dangling hand as a futile attempt to try to wake up his colleague. He wasn't scared of the hissy fit the blonde would throw if he woke up, but after a few more tries in trying to wake him up, Jin decided to let him have a "sick day". Before he went out the front door, he prepared for him a hearty breakfast consisting of small portions of galbi, rice, various side dishes, and a tall pitcher of water (since Yoongi will definitely be dehydrated, the poor thing--).

He finally left after leaving his colleague a small note, striding out of the apartment with a quiet thud of the door closing so as to not disturb the sleeping Suga.

After his short walk to MiniMini, Jin immediately got to putting the chairs down from the tables, dusting up the counter for customers coming in later. Every time he did this, he would always take his time to marvel at the entire bakery, preening himself with compliments along the lines of "Can you believe it, Jinnie? You helped to establish such a successful bakery."

"Your bakery is one of the best bakeries in Korea, and it's gaining popularity outside of the country as well."

"People are happy to come here, to socialize, to eat your desserts...you should be proud of yourself."

Of course, he imagined all of these thoughts in Namjoon's voice for that little extra helping of morning happiness.

When he was done settling things at the front, he headed for the back, for the kitchen. He knew it would still be a while before anyone else arrived--normally, the other bakers arrived before the waiters and baristas--so he settled for minor kitchen prep on days like this.

He bounded for the supply closet to get the ingredients he needed to begin prepping; from what he remembered, he needed to get a fresh set of bananas for the 'Lie' parfaits, and possibly remake the mildly spicy chocolate frosting with a bit more chili powder for the 'FIRE' chocolate dome. Should I add extra ganache to that particular dessert for today? It'd be nice for our regulars to get such a nice treat for the day. 

In the dimly-lit closet, he retrieved the items he needed, and Jin simply walked out the door to continue his preparation.

Well, that was what he would've done if he didn't notice the irregularity present upon the security camera in there. Jin had halted himself before he could even go back to the kitchen; his eyes fixated upon the camera's mounting and had noticed that one of its bolts were missing.

Every time he was in the supply closet, he would always look at the camera to make sure it wasn't tampered, to make sure it was still hidden. These observations gave him a hyper sense of remembering every detail of that white camera, and Jin certainly didn't recall a bolt missing from the wall yesterday.

Suspicious--and already paling--Jin put his stuff down and grabbed a screwdriver from the nearest toolbox, shakily unscrewing the other bolts to see whether there was truly any damage made. I'm probably just hallucinating. he thought to himself. I'm probably getting overworked over nothing.

Taking a deep breath, he uncovered the camera in order to reveal the circuitry providing the feed.

 

The baker felt his insides churn into butter.

 

Holy .

 

Why is this happening to me?

 

What did I ever do to receive such a divine punishment upon me?

 

These were the thoughts that came into Yoongi's head when he had finally blinked his eyes open, finally able to feel the unfortunate aftermath of his drinking bout the night prior. Already judging from the feel of a familiar (but not too familiar) surface beneath him and the warmth of a soft blanket wrapped around his being, he deduced that he had stayed overnight at Jin's apartment.

Through periods of rapid blinking in an attempt to ease the pain away from his hangover, Yoongi tried to remember why he wasn't sleeping in his apartment. We had the gathering last night, I drank...then I drank...and then I drank again. But why did I drink a lot?

Unable to remember the clear reason for the moment--he merely obtained glimpses in his memory, but to no avail--he focused upon his excessively dry mouth and his oncoming headache, sensitive to the streaming light coming into Jin's apartment. To his left, he saw a tray of food complete with a pitcher of water; gratefully, he took the pitcher and poured him a glass, downing its contents within one to two gulps.

He looked at the clock hanging above Jin's television; it read 8:45 a.m. Is MiniMini open yet? Argh, I can't think at all.

Yoongi decided to close the shades and plop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter