Letters & Servers (1/3)

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of the office was as pungent as it could be; when he stepped into the familiar room, he sighed as his boss's place reeked of sweat, smoke, and last-night . He expected it considering that last night was one of the boss's 'red-light nights'; when he glanced at his blonde-haired colleague, he saw that he noticed the smell as well. 

Hoseok stood there, proud yet reserved in front of the large mahogany desk that was separating both him and Taehyung from Bang Si-Hyuk. The red-head kept a tentative hand upon the pouch that contained Yoongi's letters--they were certainly the focal point for today's meeting.

After all, this was the first time Hoseok and Taehyung were meeting the boss together.

"Spider," Si-Hyuk regarded Hoseok with a nod. "Cat," He turned his head to regard Taehyung after. "Status report, please. What happened last night?"

The two assassins furtively glanced at each other, wondering who should speak first, but Hoseok heard Taehyung in a deep breath.

"Last night at 9:00 p.m.," Taehyung began to explain, keeping his voice steady, "for the suspicion assignment of Min Yoongi, Spider and I engaged an infiltrating sneak-in into two principal locations regarding the target; Min Yoongi's apartment, and his bakery, MiniMini. This mission was made on our behalf in order to search for the hinted notebook that was drawn in black light upon Min Yoongi's bedroom wall. I took the abode while Spider took the bakery; the apartment was subject to a second search in order to find any supplemental information that we could use to further analyze the clues we have discovered thus far. However, there was nothing else to be found there." 

Hoseok was surprised to hear such news; normally, he would always hear of how Taehyung found many things no matter where he infiltrated, so this was a first. "May I ask why?" Si-Hyuk asked with a lazy yet irritated aura to his tone.

"One of the target's friends--co-owner of MiniMini, Kim Seokjin--had suddenly interrupted my search. I was combing through the living room after having searched the bedroom, but the door had suddenly opened to reveal Mr. Kim. From what I overheard from his mutters in the apartment, he had been searching for ingredients to make a certain dish for his friends during the gathering he was holding that very moment. He had lingered at the door for a bit, as if he knew I had been there; I had to escape from the apartment in order to prevent my discovery."

"I see." The boss, intent on hearing Spider's part, glazed his eyes over to the red-head. "And of you?"

Hoseok straightened himself out into an analytical disposition as he began his report. "Upon my infiltration into MiniMini, I had chosen the supply closet in the kitchen as my search field since there wasn't anything important in the other areas other than kitchenware and cutlery. All cameras outside had already been disabled by us, so it was simple to search then. After lockpicking through the door, I thoroughly searched for the book, and I had found it at the furthest wall of the small closet."

That was when the red-head had finally ped his acorn pouch to pull out Yoongi's letters. "The book mainly contained finances of the bakery, but at the back, these two letters had been adhered to the cover. One letter is addressed to an old friend of his--who is actually today's present-day idol Park Jimin--but the other letter, sir..."

He took another envelope into his hands and showed the addressee to his boss. "The other letter is for you."

Moments of silence followed as Hoseok and Taehyung watched their boss scrutinize the sight of his letter.

As the silence ensued, the two assassins shared a common thought that they've been thinking in their heads ever since they saw the addressee of the second letter: Why would Yoongi write a letter to Bang Si-Hyuk? Could this be what we have been searching for?

What is all of this supposed to mean?

"Spider," Si-Hyuk suddenly demanded, "carefully slit my letter open and read it out to me. Cat, open up the letter to Park Jimin as well."

The two colleagues, now holding one letter each, immediately got to work as they took out their pocketknives, slitting one side of the letter open as they meticulously held the envelope.

Hoseok was the first person to get the letter out of its envelope; pocketing the envelope back into the pouch so that he could hold the letter in his own two hands, and after taking a deep bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter